Things that go well with vaporizing

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
I've found that some things can greatly enhance the vaporization experience.

Herbal tea is one of my favorites and seems to compliment the experience perfectly. Sort of like the old coffee and cigarette, except this time it's good for you. Just enjoying the aromas from a steaming cup of tea is therapeutic in itself, when you're vaporized it's even better. Sipping a hot cup of tea is also the worst enemy of the dreaded dry mouth/cotton mouth/pasties.

Some of my favorites:

Rooibos tea is high in anti oxidants and low in tannin. I like Tetley's vanilla pear rooibos, it smells almost like those wine dipped cigars-- sweet and nutty, much better than it sounds.

Moroccan mint tea is delicious and a popular drink in the coffeeshops of Holland.

Assorted fruit teas because variety is good.

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Fresh fruit is another good one. Juicy, sweet, flavor explosions! Plus all the natural goodness, like antioxidants.

A little piece in your mouth when you take your hit and it adds flavor to the vapor. Nothing like some smooth berry vapor. :D

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Yes, herbal tea is the perfect compliment. I like Tazo brand "calm" blend. Tazo is a really good inexpensive brand.

I like boiling filtered water in a glass stovetop kettle.

Although a few nights ago a friend dropped by and instead of tea we drank water filtered in my Pur unit and it was nice. Pur to me tastes better than Brita.

Other things that enhance my vaporizing experience are....

wearing lounge pants rather than jeans.
listening to (recently) Hawkwind "Hall of the Mountain Grill"
George Duke "Faces in Reflection"
anything by Stevie Wonder.
Zappa: "Hot Rats," "Uncle Meat," "Burnt Weenie Sandwich."
XTC: "Skylarking"

I got into watching "The Dead Zone" TV series on DVD; I thought it was well done and very trippy.
The updated "Outer Limits" TV series is also very good - it leans toward virtual reality type story lines which works nicely against the backdrop of a vaporized head.

Watching C-Span is also fantastic.

Above all, the thing I like best about vaporizing is the head - it's more like a light trip than a stone.

By the way yesterday I received my Purple Days vape and I love it. It's great. I'll write more about it after I spend more time wtih it, but yeah it's really good.

jeffp,

tokinGLX

as teas go, i like the green chai blend made by stash if im looking for something with a little caffeine in it, at night, i love me some rooibos.

tac also mentioned the fresh fruit- that kicks ass, as well does yogurt.

im a video game fan, so i also find that i get a much more enjoyable experience when playing while high. lets me zone in and concentrate just that little bit better.

tokinGLX,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
tokinGLX said:
as teas go, i like the green chai blend made by stash if im looking for something with a little caffeine in it, at night, i love me some rooibos.

tac also mentioned the fresh fruit- that kicks ass, as well does yogurt.

im a video game fan, so i also find that i get a much more enjoyable experience when playing while high. lets me zone in and concentrate just that little bit better.
Yogurt and granola is nice. I notice with vaping that I get hungry but not ravenous, which of course is a plus. The herbal tea helps reduce the hunger as well.

I highly recommend above all, listening to records rather than CDs or MP3's. We've gone from audiophile sound to thin "audio files" on computers. If you haven't listened to records in a while, check it out - you'll remember how music used to make you feel. The only downside to vinyl is flipping it over after 15/20 minutes but it's so worth it.

Neil Young said it best when he said something along the lines of, "With CDs, the mind is tricked but the heart is saddened."

jeffp,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
As an addendum (before I start work) I want to add that, after a night of vaporizing, I like, along with a standard collection of vitamins, to take some ginseng and spirulina after breakfast. Really helps bring you back to the relative plane clear and sharp- particularly useful if you live in the city and have to be focused.

jeffp,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Hell yeah, all those recommendations sound good, will definitely check 'em out. :tup: (not sure whether the C-Span recommend is sarcasm or not, haven't really watched much of it here in Canuckistan)

For me vaporizing kind of goes hand in hand with the whole health kick thing. Eating greasy food after vaping just doesn't feel right.

Neil Young said it best when he said something along the lines of, "With CDs, the mind is tricked but the heart is saddened."
Neil Young always says it best. ;)

What games are you guys playing these days? Recently I've been having a lot of fun with TF2.

About the audio formats, yeah, I'm a sellout-- all digital. FLAC at least. :)

vtac,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
vtac said:
Hell yeah, all those recommendations sound good, will definitely check 'em out. :tup: (not sure whether the C-Span recommend is sarcasm or not, haven't really watched much of it here in Canuckistan)

For me vaporizing kind of goes hand in hand with the whole health kick thing. Eating greasy food after vaping just doesn't feel right.

Neil Young always says it best. ;)

What games are you guys playing these days? Recently I've been having a lot of fun with TF2.

About the audio formats, yeah, I'm a sellout-- all digital. FLAC at least. :)
Yeah I like C-Span, especially interviews with book authors. If the subject interests me, the coverage is in depth and there's no commercials. I wish there was a straight news cable channel - CNN and FOX are infotainment unless there's an emergency.

jeffp,

tokinGLX

vtac said:
back in the day i played the crap out of all of the fps games for pc....but then after years of that and lots of typing, my fingers started carpel tunneling/arthitisizing up on me, so i had to give those games a break. eventually i got around to playing some racing games, started like them more so i bought a steering wheel/gas and break pedals setup.
that changed my gaming experience completely.
since then i bought a better setup- the logitech g25, and love it. flatout 2 is my favorite game, it is a full contact racer with sidegames of demolition derby and other etc type stuff that includes aiming the launch of the driver after crashing. here, watch these, youtube can show you much better than i can explain
(':
racing- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLMR-krlqnU http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiZzi4AAQsY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZPmGjqX_dw

derby- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PxQwd8ffwE http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1SCT8GovXg

stunts- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXxBUAV-iTU

and a video review- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvVflA4U6jU

tokinGLX,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
I'm not much of a gamer. I leave that for my 10yo son.

But I love watching sport on TV when baked. Especially rugby and cricket.

I'm a muso and I love playing my guitar ... and I also play live every weekend at a local cafe and getting stoned before a gig is primo. And vaping means I don't end up with a rattly bong throat. Vaping has improved my vocal delivery out-of-sight!

vaporcloud,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
btw - tokin. I've watched some of your vids on youtube. You and your SSV are a bit of a legend! Read some of your posts on other forums too ... its funny how your unbiased words of wisdom re-the SSV fires up volcano users. hahaha :tup:

vaporcloud,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
yeah your series of SSV videos is extremely entertaining, and it sold me on my SSV which I'm really happy with. For what it is, you couldn't ask for better - it's simple and well constructed. (But I'm also digging my brand spanking new Purple Days vape which is a different animal entirely, well not entirely but let's say "essentially" but regardless, not to be missed....) With the SSV suck tube I feel like Dennis Hopper in Blue Velvet....With the soda can size Purple Days and it's very narrow suck tube (like a straw) this is more like the deviant contingent of the Pepsi Generation.

OK what were we talking about? Oh yeah......There's also a really funny vapor genie video - some guy who owns a head shop "stars" in it, I can't find it searching youtube, maybe it was taken down, but if you know what I'm talking about and have the link I'd appreciate it - i want to send it to a friend who owns a genie.

thanks....

jeffp,

Purple-Days

What goes good with vapor?
For me it's a cool glass of Red Rose tea, lightly sweetened. Funny we all seem to like tea so much.

Hot Rats, a classic, 'tryin' to buy a grunt with a third party check'. FZ - the best...
Black Napkins, Outside Now, Zoot Allures, Little Umbrellas, Kreega Bondola, an endless list.

I envy the vinyl. And the jacket art (that is so tiny on a CD case).

What I like least about digital music is, it takes songs out of context, a good album is a work of art that should be listened to as a whole. My hearing isn't good enough to tell the subtle difference between digital and analog. When I was young and owned a Stanton 681EEE ... but now I can't hear 18,000 cycles. I'm all digital now. I think part (only part) of the thin sound you mention is most digital files are being played through a less than audiophile system. A nice set of Senheiser phones gets me a little closer...

(Glad to hear you are enjoying your Purple-Days, jeffp. :) )

Purple-Days,

max

Out to lunch
...I'm also digging my brand spanking new Purple Days vape which is a different animal entirely, well not entirely but let's say "essentially" but regardless, not to be missed....) With the SSV suck tube I feel like Dennis Hopper in Blue Velvet....With the soda can size Purple Days and it's very narrow suck tube (like a straw) this is more like the deviant contingent of the Pepsi Generation.
All right jeff! Nice to see someone else appreciates the contrast between the SSV and PD. It really is a more, do I dare say 'normal' experience vs. a whip and especially a bag vape. I remember my first online view of a Volcano-you fill a plastic bag with vapor and suck it out? WTF??

max,

ozwiz

owner Vaporiser World NOW live Australia
East coast blues & roots festival Byron Bay Australia. Easter every year music & vaping the coolest crowd ever & absolute top music. Missed one year in the last ten . Kids to people in their 70 's lots of stoners . Fantastic .;)

ozwiz,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
max said:
...I'm also digging my brand spanking new Purple Days vape which is a different animal entirely, well not entirely but let's say "essentially" but regardless, not to be missed....) With the SSV suck tube I feel like Dennis Hopper in Blue Velvet....With the soda can size Purple Days and it's very narrow suck tube (like a straw) this is more like the deviant contingent of the Pepsi Generation.
All right jeff! Nice to see someone else appreciates the contrast between the SSV and PD. It really is a more, do I dare say 'normal' experience vs. a whip and especially a bag vape. I remember my first online view of a Volcano-you fill a plastic bag with vapor and suck it out? WTF??
Actually tonight a friend came over and we used both the PD and the SSV. I thought she's love the PD as much as I do but she said it hurt her throat a little more than the SSV, so I brought the SSV out for her and I was ultimately happy with either unit. The hits from the PD are actually stronger and more direct; it was interesting that she pointed this out to me. When you think about it, there seems to be on this board this inexplicable, inevitable comparison of the PD with the SSV, which is to Tom and Pam's credit, certainly. Even though these units are very different; quality wise they're both up there. I could only guess that they're both "second to none" for these types of vapes, but I haven't tried them all so I can't really say but I bet my guess is a good guess.

I do appreciate the contrast of the two units, it is really nice having both.

Tom's right when he said that vapes are personal things and different vapes are right for different people. I learned that tonight.

Then, to return to the topic of this thread, we put on an Otis Rush CD collection which was perfect, and then Indian flute raga music, perfect, ethereal, mellow, trippy music. Then when I told her that i was going to the bathroom, she told me to bring out the manicuring scissors for her. She then, in very dim light, trimmed my chest hairs to a near stubble, little by little, the hair falling onto a paper towel she put in place. Wonderful feeling while baked. Highly recommended....

jeffp,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
jeffp said:
...she said it hurt her throat a little more than the SSV, so I brought the SSV out for her and I was ultimately happy with either unit. The hits from the PD are actually stronger and more direc...t
Makes sense since there's a lot less travel before the (hot) vapor is inhaled compared to the SSV's whip. A size trade off. Could always do the ice cube in mouth thing.

max said:
I remember my first online view of a Volcano-you fill a plastic bag with vapor and suck it out? WTF??
Funny you said that, for some reason it always made me think of someone huffing paint. :lol:

No offense to the balloon lovers. :p

vtac,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
vtac said:
jeffp said:
...she said it hurt her throat a little more than the SSV, so I brought the SSV out for her and I was ultimately happy with either unit. The hits from the PD are actually stronger and more direc...t
Makes sense since there's a lot less travel before the (hot) vapor is inhaled compared to the SSV's whip. A size trade off. Could always do the ice cube in mouth thing.

max said:
I remember my first online view of a Volcano-you fill a plastic bag with vapor and suck it out? WTF??
Funny you said that, for some reason it always made me think of someone huffing paint. :lol:

No offense to the balloon lovers. :p
Right, however to each his own and it's not only a non issue to me, the shorter travel length is a powerfully good thing and I have no issue with "hot vapor." I don't find that to be the case, for me. I find PD hits to be narrow, direct, very strong and deep, and very efficient in terms of extrapolating vapor from tiny bits of material you stuff in. One of the things I like, and find interesting is no need for pokey sticks in the bowl, you pretty much get it all with two or three hits - and if you look at how little you're putting in, that's like maybe one hit if you're lucky, smoked in a pipe. On the other hand, I enjoy fussing with the pokey stick with the SSV, it's a different animal, and the more you poke the more hits you get. It's actually incredible when you think about it. Anyway I didn't consider this until she brought it up last night. That's her sensibility - she doesn't like "pipes" in general for that reason, she prefers to roll with paper. Both of these vapes are truly ingenious in design, both are prized possessions to me, they compliment each other and provide contrast.

Water gives me a different "head" than tea - it's more "up" and lively... I do find that water enhances the vaporizing experience in a different direction than tea, and I like to switch back and forth with that as well.

Jeff

Also, tea is not everybody's cup of tea, but water is, and vaporizing makes you thirsty. I recommend the PUR water pitcher, the water tastes cleaner and better than from the Brita filter sytstem.

jeffp,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Right, however to each his own and it's not only a non issue to me, the shorter travel length is a powerfully good thing and I have no issue with "hot vapor." I don't find that to be the case, for me.
That's good to hear. Just to clarify, I wasn't picking on the PD for that; vapor/air is hot and dry (relatively) from any vape.

vtac,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
I will have to check into the PUR system. Pretty happy with my Brita but always on the lookout for something better.

Recently I've been enjoying some fresh lemon or lime in my water, bite into a chunk for serious tartness. :)

Next time I'm going try some in the ice chamber. :D

As for music, right now is a good time for Francis Albert Sinatra & Antonio Carlos Jobim. Very smooth. :tup:

vtac,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
vtac said:
I will have to check into the PUR system. Pretty happy with my Brita but always on the lookout for something better.

Recently I've been enjoying some fresh lemon or lime in my water, bite into a chunk for serious tartness. :)

Next time I'm going try some in the ice chamber. :D

As for music, right now is a good time for Francis Albert Sinatra & Antonio Carlos Jobim. Very smooth. :tup:
I'll have to check out the Jobim/Sinatra album. If you like Brazilian, check out Milton Nascimento, in particular the album Clube Da Esquina. Originally released as a double LP in 1972, it's truly amazing.

jeffp,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
jeffp said:
Yeah I like C-Span, especially interviews with book authors. If the subject interests me, the coverage is in depth and there's no commercials. I wish there was a straight news cable channel - CNN and FOX are infotainment unless there's an emergency.
Ok, that sounds interesting. I think we have something similar here, every time I've gone past it it's been Parliament coverage. Haven't watched much tv for years, maybe 2 hours a week. Mostly in the same room as people who are watching some gargabe... sort of like second hand smoke, but with CSI (can't stand it) Horatio Caine is straight out of the Simpsons.

Once in a while I'll throw on CNN just to see what all you Americans are currently excited about. ;)

Major sporting events are ok too, looks like Detroit just won the cup.

Edit: Pittsburgh ties it up with 30 seconds left. :o

If you like Brazilian, check out Milton Nascimento, in particular the album Clube Da Esquina. Originally released as a double LP in 1972, it's truly amazing.
All I could find was "Saidas E Bandeiras" which seems to be from that album, diggin' it!

vtac,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
djelimon said:
Playing my bass, trying to grock van morrison and james brown
Wish I still had a guitar or drums. :(

All I can do now is play guitar hero, (the poor man's version at that) and tap to beats with my fingers. :lol:

vtac,
Top Bottom