Discontinued ThermoVape

fogbank

What is the HP/SP evo?

HP = High Performance
SP = Standard Performance
LV = Low Voltage
SV = Standard Voltage

You get one from column A (performance) and you get one from column B (voltage).

I don't recall which combinations are available, but I have 3 total.

The "original" would be considered SP/SV. Somewhere along the line they sold HP/LV cores (betas I think), and at least one other combination (SP/LV maybe?). Sorry I would have to dig them out an look at the paperwork that came with them. I know the LV core was supposed to be stamped "LV" on the bottom, but mine was not (I confirmed with TV that it was indeed LV).

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
HP = High Performance
LV = Low Voltage
SV = Standard Voltage

You get one from column A (performance) and you get one from column B (voltage).

The "original" would be considered SP/SV. Somewhere along the line they sold HP/LV cores (betas I think), and at least one other combination (SP/LV maybe?). Sorry I would have to dig them out an look at the paperwork that came with them. I know the LV core was supposed to be stamped "LV" on the bottom, but mine was not (I confirmed with TV that it was indeed LV).
I believe they ran out of LV posts at one point so they would convert others to LV in which case they would not be stamped. As well as having. Regular cores rebuilt or converted

OF

HP = High Performance
LV = Low Voltage
SV = Standard Voltage

A little confused I think, but probably close enough for jazz. It's actually High Power. So with SV (Standard Voltage, 6 Volts) you get Standard Power (SP) normally. You can get Low Voltage (3.7) but it pegs out trying to make SP, no LV/HP possible. The only way to get HP is with SV. Your 3 real choices are HP (SV only), SP or LV (basically SP performance but at 3.7 Volts).

Ready for the test?

IMO none are overly successful, compared to T1 they gain in not needing to stir but give up a lot getting there. To get good performance out of them you have to stay right on top of it. At least I do.

OF

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I don't understand, my evo is a SV, so, normally, it must to run at SP, isn't it?

Can I upgrade it to get HP? how to proceed?

PPN,
Reactions: OF

OF

I don't understand, my evo is a SV, so, normally, it must to run at SP, isn't it?

Can I upgrade it to get HP? how to proceed?

Yes, the first part is true I think, the second not?

That is you should have a SP core (about 20 Watts IIRC). I believe TV no longer offers upgrades to HP (30 Watts, basically T1 power), but you might ask. IIRC it calls for a different rod in the heater core, which I think they only have enough left to cover CS requirements?

That is rebuilds but no more upgrades?

OF

Last edited:

fogbank

A little confused I think, but probably close enough for jazz. It's actually High Power.

From my Thermovape order confirmation:
1x ThermoVape Evolution High Performance Beta Pack - ONLY Evolution-HP Core
1x ThermoVape T1 Low Voltage Beta Pack - Default Title
1x ThermoVape Evolution High Performance Low Voltage Beta Pack - ONLY Evolution-HP Low Voltage Core

Edit: Found my original Evo order confirmation as well:

1x ThermoVape Evolution Convection Vaporizer Cartridge for $59.99 each
1x ThermoVape Adapter Interface for $29.97 each

Hope this sheds some light :)

fogbank,

Yoosh

IMO entirely too well. Not only is the stuff (sometimes) hard to find, and quite expensive, but I can't leave it alone. Like opening a bottle of fine scotch, opening the vial is going to lead to consumption like a big dog.

Turn back, save yourself, it's a trap......

OF there's nothing that draws me in like one of your warnings. :lol: The trap has been engaged-a couple grams are on their way. I've been meaning to upgrade to some TV concentrate gear and this is a good a time as any.

Now PLEASE, do NOT warn me about how great the Cera is. I don't know if my wallet can take it.

IME stuff like Pure Gold and CO2 concentrates and other liquidy hash oils are fantastic in the Revolution. Shatters work as well as other oil forms but putting PG/CO2 in it when it's warm (say a bit after a hit?) seeps down into the ceramics faster/better than shatters. Shatter/wax/budder works just as well but I prefer CO2's, especially since they come in syringes for super easy dispensing.

Good to hear! Would you say PG and the like works better in the Rev than in the Dart? I don't have either and am looking to grab one or the other.......or both.....

---
Also, anyone know if its true that the AVA would work similarly to the DART? I have an unused 6v AVA and the Dart MP + Tip so i'd be in luck if that's the case.

OF

OF there's nothing that draws me in like one of your warnings. :lol: The trap has been engaged-a couple grams are on their way. I've been meaning to upgrade to some TV concentrate gear and this is a good a time as any.

Now PLEASE, do NOT warn me about how great the Cera is. I don't know if my wallet can take it.

OK, fine. If we don't hear from you for a while at least we'll know why........

As to your foolishly wasting Cera money on rent and food and stuff, you already know my advice there?

BTW you do know you need to keep paying the gas and electric bill, right? Otherwise it's really a hassle running to the neighbors to charge batteries.......trust me on this one.

OF

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH

Good to hear! Would you say PG and the like works better in the Rev than in the Dart? I don't have either and am looking to grab one or the other.......or both.....

---
Also, anyone know if its true that the AVA would work similarly to the DART? I have an unused 6v AVA and the Dart MP + Tip so i'd be in luck if that's the case.
Well, the only differences between the Rev and DART are the Rev has the side-loading window and the DART is top-load only since the body is uniform with no cutout. You can just take the mouthpiece (and UFO if it has one) off of the Revolution and drip the Pure Gold from the top down. That should be easy since it comes in those squeeze capsules.

And yeah, the AVA will also work for hash oils, not just e-liquids. Only things I noticed differently between my own AVA and DART (both at 3.7/LV) is that the AVA heats up noticeable quicker than the DART. That's good for juice but I did notice that the DART takes a bit longer to heat up, which probably helps preserve flavor. If you read through the second half of the Revolution thread I ended up using the AVA for hash oil for a long time (CO2 oil so it would vape completely and be painless to clean), and it worked fine. More than fine, really, I ended up getting the Revolution as insurance because I liked the experience that much. Now I don't even use my DART, scared it might break or something, I've got other brand carts to play around with that I wouldn't feel as bad about ruining. I did use my DART heavily for a while, killed multiple grams of CO2 and a few AW IMR's from so much use :lol:

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker

---
Sure cera is an upgrade. But the rev/AVA/dart works so well I wouldn't even sweat it. You can always buy one in the future (new or used you'll be taken care of)

As for pure gold. That is currently the only thin I'm running through mine :rockon:. And I'm actually using it in the AVA LR. @Quetzalcoatl I'm not sure if you were referring to the AVA and Dart at regular/high voltage but my AVA reads exactly the same on the dmm as my LV dart used to. I do think my AVA heats up a little quicker than the dart used to but I think that can also be attributed to the AVA being newer and the dart being used for a year or 2 with no rebuild.

I would recommend a dart/AVA over the rev window version. Especially if your using pure gold. I left my AVA sitting on it's side for a week with some PG in it. And when I came backs. Little had leaked out a little air hole in the thread and the side was all sticky... So I can imagine the window being even worse

OF

As for pure gold. That is currently the only thin I'm running through mine :rockon:.

I would recommend a dart/AVA over the rev window version. Especially if your using pure gold. I left my AVA sitting on it's side for a week with some PG in it. And when I came backs. Little had leaked out a little air hole in the thread and the side was all sticky... So I can imagine the window being even worse

Must be true. It's one of the clues the cops look for.....dropping "G"s off....definitely a PG user......

I'm not sure I buy the 'window is an opportunity to leak' part. First to leak it in theory has to be overfilled, and will leak out the vents above the threads no matter (cure, not to put it up over filled). Otherwise laying it down with the window up prevents any chance of leaks there?

But, thanks for backing up my 'potato chip' take on PG. Trying some is gonna leave you wanting more.

OF

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Must be true. It's one of the clues the cops look for.....dropping "G"s off....definitely a PG user......

I'm not sure I buy the 'window is an opportunity to leak' part. First to leak it in theory has to be overfilled, and will leak out the vents above the threads no matter (cure, not to put it up over filled). Otherwise laying it down with the window up prevents any chance of leaks there?

But, thanks for backing up my 'potato chip' take on PG. Trying some is gonna leave you wanting more.

OF
I was just saying since it's liquidy if you lay it on it's side for a long period of time it might get messy but I only have experience with non windows so it's just an assumption

OF

I was just saying since it's liquidy if you lay it on it's side for a long period of time it might get messy but I only have experience with non windows so it's just an assumption

Cool, works for me. I'm just thinking 'it doesn't have to be' (keep the widow up when stored) and at the same time 'it should be OK if not over filled'......but no matter how it happens, wasting PG should be avoided at (nearly) all costs?

OF

OF,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi, do you have an idea where can I find some tenergy rcr123a at a good price, I prefer in Europe for shipping cost issue...but I'm thinking to get in place a TV power adaptater if Tenergys are too expensive but it's a PIA to find one in Europe.....I need to send a mail to vaporenvy!

PPN,

OF

Hi, do you have an idea where can I find some tenergy rcr123a at a good price, I prefer in Europe for shipping cost issue...but I'm thinking to get in place a TV power adaptater if Tenergys are too expensive but it's a PIA to find one in Europe.....I need to send a mail to vaporenvy!

How's your access to Amazon? I bought many of mine there.....

If you're in the mood for a PA for T! you might contact Pipes. He sells one (I don't think TV does any more), and might even be able to work out a deal with you using a locally available power supply with his adapter pieces and save a few bucks. Or Pounds. Or Marks. Or whatever you use there......

Oh, yeah, watch out for the wrong RCR123As, Tenergy also makes a 'better' 900mAh version (not the recommended 750 mAh ones) that does't work.

Good luck.

OF

OF,
Reactions: PPN

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
I just discovered that the Pyrex glass 510 drip tip turn my Luna (Illustration in the Luna thread) and T1 (Picture coming when I get new batteries for my camera) into new tasty beasts! :drool: The tips fit on both units flawlessly and give me that very "glassy" feeling!:cool: On ebay for like 5 bucks too! :2c::tup:

Yoosh

Looks like my T1 may have died. Triple checked the switch and it's still not working. Batts work fine with my revolution though. Anything else I can try? I can still send it into Tet for a repair right?? I hope so :cry:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
So I lent my gf my T1, and she accidentally used the batteries backwards (I think she did this at most a dozen times, but I'm not sure exactly I think she's had it a week or so) she didn't even use it much bc she wasn't getting vapor and now I know why.

I just got a PA as well and went to try it and the element is glowing orange but no vapor, like its not getting hot enough? So that's what was happening to her with the backwards batteries.

Did she fuck it up by doing that? Did I just lose $80 on a now useless adapter with a broken T1? Damn I'm really worried and upset about t his, all excited to reinvigorate my T1 with the PA and WPA and now its dead? Fuck I am pissed now, any help?

Last edited:
Shit Snacks,

OF

So I lent my gf my T1, and she accidentally used the batteries backwards

I just got a PA as well and went to try it and the element is glowing orange but no vapor, like its not getting hot enough? So that's what was happening to her with the backwards batteries.

Did she fuck it up by doing that? Did I just lose $80 on a now useless adapter with a broken T1?

No, no problem with 'backwards' provided good contact is still made. Nose to nose, or tail to tail is a 'no power/no problem' case.

In fact, if you check carefully, you'll note the factory PA has 'backwards polarity', that is the case ends up positive and the switch gets negative like it would with batteries button down in the tube.

Not sure what the problem might be, but IMO she's not to blame. Sorry if that's not a convenient answer.......

OF

Shit Snacks

No, no problem with 'backwards' provided good contact is still made. Nose to nose, or tail to tail is a 'no power/no problem' case.

In fact, if you check carefully, you'll note the factory PA has 'backwards polarity', that is the case ends up positive and the switch gets negative like it would with batteries button down in the tube.

Not sure what the problem might be, but IMO she's not to blame. Sorry if that's not a convenient answer.......

OF

Heheh that is convenient in the sense that I don't have to blame her anymore lol so thanks OF!

That's pretty neat that Thermovapes can work with the batteries loaded in either direction, never even knew that was possible. But now its quite puzzling why I can't get any vapor at all with the PA, despite the element glowing. Herb is still pretty green (there is some slight conduction ofcourse with the metal bowl getting hot, but only enough to brown the herb slightly).

Its the strangest thing I've ever seen, since last time I had a no vapor problem with my T1 it wasnt glowing and the switch needed replacing. With this I don't know how to proceed....

Shit Snacks,

OF

That's pretty neat that Thermovapes can work with the batteries loaded in either direction, never even knew that was possible. But now its quite puzzling why I can't get any vapor at all with the PA, despite the element glowing. Herb is still pretty green (there is some slight conduction ofcourse with the metal bowl getting hot, but only enough to brown the herb slightly).

It's actually a nice feature in that the switch sticks out further than the dimple on the bottom of the tube. I had a battery that made contact upside down but the torn jacket prevented contact button up.\

I'm better it's "Herb is still pretty green" in the way. Water evaporates off much sooner (lower temperature) than THC, no vapor until it's bone dry. That means it needs to be pretty dry going in. The core stores a lot of heat, but not enough to do all that work and still make vapor. It's too cool by then.

I suggest you toast a couple loads in the toaster oven at say 180 to 200F until crisp and give that a try?

OF

OF,

Shit Snacks

It's actually a nice feature in that the switch sticks out further than the dimple on the bottom of the tube. I had a battery that made contact upside down but the torn jacket prevented contact button up.\

I'm better it's "Herb is still pretty green" in the way. Water evaporates off much sooner (lower temperature) than THC, no vapor until it's bone dry. That means it needs to be pretty dry going in. The core stores a lot of heat, but not enough to do all that work and still make vapor. It's too cool by then.

I suggest you toast a couple loads in the toaster oven at say 180 to 200F until crisp and give that a try?

OF

Hmmm i have vaped loads like this in my T1 before, even wet ones got more vapor then this I think and I've never really dried my herbs before. However, maybe I will try a different strain (I have a dryer one too) as a test instead, that could be quite enlightening!

Shit Snacks,

OF

However, maybe I will try a different strain (I have a dryer one too) as a test instead, that could be quite enlightening!

Cool. Sound troubleshooting technique sometimes calls for stuff like this, simple experiments to confirm/eliminate possibles one by one.

Which PA are you using?

Good luck.

OF

OF,
Top Bottom