Discontinued ThermoVape

OF

Youdabest OF!

I know you can't prove that........

You're welcome, of course.

Best wishes for the new year. As you know, it's very nice to have a spare set or two fully charged and ready to go with T1. I find the little plastic boxes for two 18650s are great for carrying four RCR123As in the pocket. That and a small vial of ground bud and you're good for some great vaping on the go.

OF

OF,
Reactions: Yoosh

Yoosh

I know you can't prove that........

You're welcome, of course.

Best wishes for the new year. As you know, it's very nice to have a spare set or two fully charged and ready to go with T1. I find the little plastic boxes for two 18650s are great for carrying four RCR123As in the pocket. That and a small vial of ground bud and you're good for some great vaping on the go.

OF

Thanks for the tip! It looks like Eden makes a nice container that'll pick up. Love how hearty and portable Thermovapes are. Lot easier to cart around than my dv or mflb.

I should be sticking to pairs with my batts right? So whichever 2 I charge together should 'stick' together from here on out? ie. don't charge all batts and throw em in a pile and pick 2 randomly.

Yoosh,
Reactions: OF

OF

I should be sticking to pairs with my batts right? So whichever 2 I charge together should 'stick' together from here on out? ie. don't charge all batts and throw em in a pile and pick 2 randomly.

That's the best plan probably. The danger is getting a fully charged one paired with a discharged or weak one then pushing it hard. It can wreck the weak one for good (can even try to charge it backwards......).

Keeping them in pairs avoids this. Many of us put them in the box one way for charged, the other for discharged.

Enjoy it, great product, well tested.

OF

mod note: Edited to fix quote tags.

Last edited by a moderator:
OF,
Reactions: Yoosh

Yoosh

Yeah I labeled my batts cuz I just know I'll forget which way is charged and which is discharged. :smug:

Thanks again!

OF

Yoosh,
Reactions: OF

zombonaut

Hello,

My O ring in the switch has disappeared somehow. Anyone know where I could get more O rings in the correct size. Thank you!

zombonaut,

OF

Hello,

My O ring in the switch has disappeared somehow. Anyone know where I could get more O rings in the correct size. Thank you!

Are you in the US? If so PM me, I think I have a spare somewhere. If not I'll be visiting the TV shop in the next week or two (hopefully to find out about the new Cera model in addition to the usual fun), I'll see if I can get a couple there.

For now, it should work OK without it. Just keep the nose down when changing batteries so the switch doesn't fall out?

OF

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Going back to the thumb grip pad idea that was being tossed around, I ran across this stuff, and since it was around $6 (free shipping) I went ahead and ordered a roll. It doesn't say how much you get, but it's a low enough price to risk...
http://www.zumiez.com/mob-grip-tape.html?gclid={SI:gclid}

says: "Bubbleproof application. Exclusive grit-binding process for grip that will not wear out. Tear-resistant "plastic plywood" backing that trims evenly every time. Super sticky adhesive that will not peel up in extreme heat or cold."

Might make for a good thumb grip patch. I don't know how much it will help with the heat build up, but at least it might help ease the push of the switch a bit... I'll find out soon, and if it's any good, I'll post more.

Just revisiting old posts searching for some links, and wanted to chime in on the grip tape that I've been using as my goto thumb grip solution has been working/holding up quite well over long term use.

I just got another 6v T1 in a trade and think that the core heats up much faster and hotter than my previous one did, combusted with it right away using the technique I had developed with my previous core. It reminds me of how the modded Evo HP performs, getting red hot really fast, turbo charged, esp. compared to my 3.7v which takes much longer to heat. Looks like I have a little bit of re-learning to do to avoid combustion, but I'm happy to take on the challenge ;) After wandering around and visiting many other battery based portables, I find myself going back to thermovape, the removable battery, build quality and durability surpass any others I've tried so far. I hope my remaining cores last a long time... :)

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
My Ultra is in my left hand rocking a Pro Tank 2 as I type this. Honestly the durability and ability to change batteries are why it's part of my daily carry since I got it. Id have to lose it to make it non-functional realistically.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
well, I don't recall my other 6v T1 working this well, getting up to near combustion temps in 5-6 seconds requiring me to draw heavy just about from the get go. My old unit took about 10-15 seconds to get good and hot which also made the body really hot, and if I drew too soon, it would cool the core and slow down the process, allowing me maybe 3-4 hits before I had to give up and switch out batteries, let it cool etc... This latest core seems to be the opposite, if I don't start honking on it almost immediately, it's prone to burn the load, and almost no waiting, and very little heat build up on the casing. I can get through an entire bowl on one set of batteries with out my unit overheating. Not sure if having this latest core would have been a bad thing early on due to lack of experience at the time, but I am much happier with this particular core now with some real vaping experience under my belt than I was with the previous ones I don't have anymore. Good Trade!!! :D I do kinda miss my Ultra, but it didn't really get much use, and I'd rather know it's in a happy home being used regularly.

bagelbanger

Hoping someone might be able to help me out... I have two t1 kits, one is mine the other was supposed to be for a friend but I haven't seen him in a while and the kit sat in my desk for a while. Anyway, I finally gifted it to him and when he tried it, it didn't work. I finally figured out the problem was that the switch was missing. When I contacted thermovape they said that they didn't have any more switches but if they ever made more they would help me out. Haven't heard back from them and it's been quite a long time now.

So, if anyone has an extra switch, please let me know. I'd love to get this one working for a friend.

Thanks so much!

OF

I finally figured out the problem was that the switch was missing. When I contacted thermovape they said that they didn't have any more switches but if they ever made more they would help me out. Haven't heard back from them and it's been quite a long time now.

Well that's a bummer. Those switches have been out of production for a year and a half or more? There's some loose talk about restarting some of the older products but I doubt that'll include the Ultra parts (the T1 uses the same part). I expect DART carts and the like with an adapter so you can run them on the Luna body. Done right, this should include T1 as well.

That said I see two other options open to you. First is they switch can come from most any 'Ultra type' battery (Ultra and UltraMax come to mind) as well. There's also a fairly crude clone of Revolution out there, I've got one here called "Zoly T1" (it's really a Revolution copy.....) I got from a LHS to check out. The ceramic was all wrong (which TV fixed when they rebuilt it for me....) but the switch interchanges with the genuine TV part and works well near as I can tell.
https://www.google.com/search?q=Zol...e_ZOLY_T1_dry_herb_vaporizer_pen.html;800;799

I can't recommend the core, definitely not the batteries supplied or the charger, but the switch seems OK.

Good luck with it.

OF

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Not sure where else to post this, I won a free Okeanos on FB, and ever so quickly discovered how to pair it with the T1 :D

I couldn't help but try it... and guess what...

This is not the intended use of these products. You know I have to cross pollinate my vapor gear, and sure enough, with the addition of an O ring around the T1 threads to make a good seal, and a SS screen inside the lower portion of the Okeanos to cover the load (3/4" I think) and keep it in the bowl, it works great so far. Just wanted to use very little water, enough to cool the vapor, and make sure it has good airflow. I tried the oil cart that came with the Okeanos, it works as it was supposed to, but is very close to the air intake of the bubbler so it clogged the air intake almost instantly. I'm sure those issues will get worked out. It's a nice product, and I'm glad I can make it fit my favorite battery powered herb potable (T1) I also wrapped my glass tube in clear packaging tape, so if it breaks, I won't get shreds of glass. Just a little safety precaution I like to take. ** The threads for the T1 and Okeanos are not exactly matched up, but seem to still work, so I am careful to watch for cross threading, and don't use too much force putting it all together. This is just another one of my crazy experiments that happened to work out, so I can not be accountable for anyone else's mishaps... :p

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
jam, you'll need a 510-601 adapter, TV stays standard with the 510 threading, UPTech uses 601. Should only be a few bucks for not having to worry about messing any threads.

Quetzalcoatl,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
jam, you'll need a 510-601 adapter, TV stays standard with the 510 threading, UPTech uses 601. Should only be a few bucks for not having to worry about messing any threads.

Take a closer look :cool:I'm not using the oil heat coil in there, it's the T1 bowl w/herbs. Thanks for the adapter info, I have a few of those laying around if needed. Actually that may be a better height placement for the 3.7v oil heater that came with the Okeanos, since it sits way too close to the bubbler air path...instead of trying to use the base that came along with it I'll try the T1...thanks for mentioning those adapters Quetzalcoati, I had not considered putting the heat coil down into the T1 body (duh) I was too busy having fun making the T1 bowl work. :haw: I'll have to give that a try... :science:

well, not sure why yet but the oil cart didn't want to heat w/adapter and T1 body, something isn't making contact, because I tested the oil cart and adapter together on another battery... oh well, I'm a bit too looped out to keep pushing it, I may figure something out later on. Glad the T1 fits with it so well, in any case.

Last edited:

fogbank

well, I don't recall my other 6v T1 working this well, getting up to near combustion temps in 5-6 seconds requiring me to draw heavy just about from the get go.

This sounds suspiciously like a 3.7v HP T1 core being run on the LiFePO4 batteries instead of the 17670 battery.

I have one and it does exactly what you are describing if I run it on the LiFePO4 batteries. It takes 6-7 seconds to get to combustion temperatures. I estimate that I get combustion about 80% of the time I use it...that's why I don't use it :)

With the 17670 battery it heats to a reasonable temperature at a reasonable rate, it just doesn't give me the "oomph" I'm looking for.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
This sounds suspiciously like a 3.7v HP T1 core being run on the LiFePO4 batteries instead of the 17670 battery.

I have one and it does exactly what you are describing if I run it on the LiFePO4 batteries. It takes 6-7 seconds to get to combustion temperatures. I estimate that I get combustion about 80% of the time I use it...that's why I don't use it :)

With the 17670 battery it heats to a reasonable temperature at a reasonable rate, it just doesn't give me the "oomph" I'm looking for.
I suppose that could be the case... its hard to know since I got it in a trade, it came with all the 6v stuff. I don't mind, it's working quite well, and I am not pushing it hard because it heats so fast. Hopefully it will keep running a while.

This got me curious, so I stuck my 3.7v core on some lifepo4 batts and you are right about how fast it heats. I'm going to keep using this 3.7v core on 6v for a bit, since I can spare it. I was intending on mailing in another 6v core that had one bad coil in it, but with the help from @Pipes (thanks :wave:), I now have both coils working again. If I manage to burn out the 3.7v core then I'll send it in. I'm happy to be back around tinkering with this thermovape gear. Funny how things go in a circle :whoa:

**after testing the 3.7v core out a bit, I've decided that the first core must be a hot 6v because this 3.7v is draining the batteries fast and making them much warmer than the other core does. Whatever is going on, I'm going back to the first set up, but it was a fun day experimenting, and now my 2nd 6v core has 2 working coils...

Last edited:

OF

I suppose that could be the case... its hard to know since I got it in a trade, it came with all the 6v stuff.

This should be easy to tell. All the 3.7 Volt cores (except the first Beta Test one which I have) are engraved "LV" on the bottom button. Those with a plain button are SV (all that existed at first).

OF

jambandphan03

in flavor country
the bowl in question has a flat bottom, with a small bit of the metal missing so it's shaped more like a D than a O, and has the white cuff on the neck above the threading. My known 3.7v bowl is more of a golden color instead of "silver" color, and has a donut shaped bottom with no LV engraved, just a round disk with a dimple in the middle and no cuff on the neck, and the coil is center wound vertical instead of horizontal like the 6v coils.

nivuimd.jpg

Last edited:
jambandphan03,
Top Bottom