Discontinued ThermoVape

VapoRoor

DAB-a-DAB I'll dooooo
This is just my opinion.
I own a Cera loose leaf cart. I love my Cera. it performs in a very satisfying way. Deep rich hits, flavorful hits. The way my material smells is the way my vapor tastes .
T1 just gets a bowl or two on one charged battery.
long story, short. I personally would Save up for a Cera.

It has a longer warranty and functions much better. Greater amount of run time,
Less batteries to carry and you have the option to attach an oil cart or an ecig type cartridge.
I know you can attach a revolution dart or an AVA ecig cart on the T1 handle by using adapter interface however those cartridges are not being produced like the oil cartridge and ecig cart for the Cera.
Plus the cartridges for the Cera are upgraded versions compared to the cartridges for the T1.

Not telling you folks what to do.
Take it or leave it
Have a great day FC'ers

Busta

I just got the res system from Vapor envy
Really fast shipping And they thru in an extra ceramic core. Great find anda big thankyou to fc for sharing is resources.
Merry Christmas to all
Really Bart, I ordered a RES system as well so I hope I get an extra ceramic core just in case :)

Anxiously waiting :)

Busta,

Yoosh

'Concentrate' and 'essential oils' are TV code for hash oil. Occasionally they'll split hairs a bit to put the solid hashes into the LL Cera but basically the older stuff was set up for oils, herb/bubble or 'e-juice'. They did a LOT of e-cig business before ever entering THC systems, tobacco smoking cessation is the founding goal of the company. Ava is just a juice rig. Ultra and Ultra max are battery bodies. Revolution/DART, Evolutionand the other products were added to the Ultra series (there are actually 3, based on 10440, 15500 and 17670 size batteries.

Originally the biggest Ultra used two RCR123As (3.0 Volts each) for "Standard Voltage" of 6 Volts. T1 (first herb vape) used this, following products adapted into the line. Lower power carts, like Revolution/DART can also be had "Low Voltage" marked with a LV on the bottom, 3.7 Volts using one batter rather than two. SV versions tend to heat a bit faster although need more battery charging.

OF

Ah that clears things up a bit. A couple questions, if you don't mind, I need some of that endless knowledge:

Would AVA be able to handle THC juices ya think? Would it be smart to mix it with normal ejuice first?

Would you recommend the Ultra or Ultralite for thc juices? Basically I got a T1 (from vaporenvy) for herbs and I want a separate setup just for thc juices and ejuices. I'm concerned that the Ultramax may not be the best bet since the THC juices are supposed to be vaped at 3.7v, not 6v. Could I just buy an LV setup for the ultramax to fix this or would 6v work just fine/even better?? I'd prefer getting an ultra or especially an ultralite because the stealth and size are the main factors behind me using thc juice versus herb in the first place.

How long do the AVAs last for? My usage would be low-moderate.

The AVA takes 6-8 drops right? Whats the max amount I can drop in there? How long/how many hits does it last?

Sorry for houndin' ya! :)

Edit: The High resistance, standard, and low resistance correlate to voltage correct? So I'd use high for the 6v and standard and low for the 3.7 or vv. Standard = harder hitting, Low = more flavor? just guessing here lol

Last edited:
Yoosh,
Reactions: OF

OF

Would AVA be able to handle THC juices ya think? Would it be smart to mix it with normal ejuice first?

Basically I got a T1 (from vaporenvy) for herbs and I want a separate setup just for thc juices and ejuices. I'm concerned that the Ultramax may not be the best bet since the THC juices are supposed to be vaped at 3.7v, not 6v.

The AVA takes 6-8 drops right? Whats the max amount I can drop in there? How long/how many hits does it last?

No problem, sorry I don't have more direct answers for you but I've never been big on 'juice'. My understanding is yes, AVA is ideally set up for VG or PG based 'juice', with or without nicotine or THC. Some take 'drips' down the pipe as you go (you learn when to reload by experience with the start up cycle, 'in the day' I used to get a big kick out of Nate and Noah pulling a rig from their pocket, firing it up, and putting it to their ear (to listen to the sizzle) to sense both battery charge and juice load. There's also a "Rez' version with a tank that doesn't need filling as often. Perhaps some of those with more experience/understanding can help out here?

You can get either SV or LV versions (or for $15 TV will rebuild them to either configuration) otherwise you can run the Ultramax with two RCR123As for 6.0 Volts or one 17670 for 3.7 Volts as you wish. The smaller Ultra takes the 15500 for 3.7 volts but has no option for 6.0. IMO the Ultra is 'the right size' for Revolution/DART for oil use, fits in the pocket well, but an extra battery is nice to have.

Top notch gear for sure.

OF

Busta

Ah that clears things up a bit. A couple questions, if you don't mind, I need some of that endless knowledge:

Would you recommend the Ultra or Ultralite for thc juices? Basically I got a T1 (from vaporenvy) for herbs and I want a separate setup just for thc juices and ejuices. I'm concerned that the Ultramax may not be the best bet since the THC juices are supposed to be vaped at 3.7v, not 6v. Could I just buy an LV setup for the ultramax to fix this or would 6v work just fine/even better?? I'd prefer getting an ultra or especially an ultralite because the stealth and size are the main factors behind me using thc juice versus herb in the first place.

Edit: The High resistance, standard, and low resistance correlate to voltage correct? So I'd use high for the 6v and standard and low for the 3.7 or vv. Standard = harder hitting, Low = more flavor? just guessing here lol

I've had a HR AVA in the past that I used with my T1 base at 6 volts and it lasted a few months before it crapped out on me. After a while I sent it in to TET and they converted it to a DART top loader and I was happy.

I just recently purchased a HR AVA with RES conversion kit so that I have the herb bowl, DART and AVA with RES to help me vape anything that I may have. It's good to have just the one handle and be able to swap out tops as you need.

I remember my AVA when I had it would take about 6 drops and maybe last 5 to 8 puffs until it started to dry out. I don't prefer dripping so it was a downer and at the time I couldn't source a RES conversion kit. It's best to get the RES conversion since it will allow you to hold more than 1 ml of juice and I'm pretty sure it would work with THC infused juice as long as there's no solids in it. I've read of people using the AVA atomizers as DART/Revolution atomizers for wax and oils so I don't see why the AVA wouldn't work with THC juice.

As I understand it, the higher the voltage the stronger the throat hit, warmer vapor and better flavor. I've vaped at both voltages but not on the same platforms so I don't know for sure.

If you have to have another kit completely I would go with the Ultramax as OF suggested since you can use the batteries you already have if you go with the HR(high resistance) AVA.

Yoosh

@OF & @Busta, thanks! It's confusing and exciting how modular this product is. looking forward to grabbing mine and playing around with it.

I completely agree that having the ultramax would be the most convenient as I could switch out the batteries with the T1, but, the thc juice I have specifically says to vape only at 3.7v. I'm not certain if it would burn too quickly at 6v or if it would just be overall ineffective though. If, as the juice recommends, I can only vape at 3.7v then having the ultramax wouldn't be a plus anymore since I would be using diff batteries than my T1 anyway, no?

If that is the case then I think I'd go with the ultra or the ultralite just for the added portability of them versus having a bigger ultramax that's vaping at the same temp anyhow.

Also, what is the rules regarding sending back an AVA for repair that had thc juice used in it? Would i be able to just boil it like the rest of the unit or would I be out of luck?

Last edited:

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Six drops?? Damn. I can get two drops into my AVA before it starts to flood, a nice couple tasty tasty hits but since it's a really low capacity dripper you'll be reloading more the more you use it. Nice thing is they're 510 threaded so a ViVi Nova Mini will fit in there perfectly with a liquid capacity of around 2.5ml and you can even get different atomizer heads wrapped at different ohms (1.8, 2.4, 2.8) to play with it even more.

I wanted the Ultralite but was pushed towards the Ultra. Zero regrets. 2 batteries basically guarantees it works all day long. I can make most days on just one battery with my AVA, with dart I can get too high a handful of times before having to worry about battery life. If you can, you should consider getting the UltraMax, having both 3.7 and 6 volts with just a battery change is nice.

tedthehed

to whom it may concern: RCR (rechargeable) 123 batteries are normally 3.7 volts.

Thats how come you can charge them in the same Intellicharger you charge 18650's in.

Though you should do two at a time in bay 1 and 3 or 2 and 4, so they split the 750ma ie

charge at 375 ma. instead of 750 ma...which is a bit too much I think..

:)

tedthehed,

OF

to whom it may concern: RCR (rechargeable) 123 batteries are normally 3.7 volts.

No, that's not true. They use a different chemistry than the more familiar Li-ions. They are nominally 3.0 Volts and have technical advantages in high power use (which is why TV used them). They're also 17mm, not the more common 18mm diameter.

http://www.amazon.com/Kits-RCR123A-LiFePO4-Rechargeable-Batteries/dp/B001EYHO9G

BTW, be careful to use that version (750 mAh) not the 'better' 900 mAh ones, the latter isn't up to the high power demands......

OF

tedthehed

not talking about lifpo rcr 123 batteries.

am talking about lion - lithium ion rcr 123 batteries.

note the lifpo batteries specifically warm against
using as 123 replacements in surefire flashlights, because of the higher voltage,
though not as high as lion rcr 123 batteries which are normally
rated at 3.7 volts though they may show up to 4.2 volts after charging..

ps- dont use any batteries or chargers with the word "fire" in the name! thats easy to remember, huh ? :)

pps- oh, excepting "surefire" theyre usually ok.

tedthehed,

OF

not talking about lifpo rcr 123 batteries.

note the lifpo batteries specifically warm against
using as 123 replacements in surefire flashlights, because of the higher voltage,
though not as high as lion rcr 123 batteries which are normally
rated at 3.7 volts though they may show up to 4.2 volts after charging..

ps- dont use any batteries or chargers with the word "fire" in the name! thats easy to remember, huh ? :)

Well IMO you should be. Those are the specific batteries specified by the maker for this application, the only ones. 750 mAh RCR123A LiFePO4s. The Li-ion battery that size (without the A on the end) is totally wrong here, never approved, in fact specifically warned against by the maker. It's use in flashlights or other products is not important to us, save it points to the need for LiFePO4s (less voltage sag under load).

Do not put two RCR123s in your LV Ultramax. It's not designed for that.

As to the warning about "dont use any batteries or chargers with the word "fire" in the name" I also question that in light of the Factory provided Ultrafire WF-188. It seems unlikely to me the factory would sell/recommend sub standard gear.
http://www.lighthound.com/Ultrafire...3-37-volt-Lithium-Battery-Charger_p_3669.html

The Ultrafire was the provided charger for LV systems. Last time I was in, they still stocked them even though they were replaced by a higher rate charger for Cera. It's the charger I was issued with the first LV Beta test TVs.

I suggest sticking to the instructions of the maker here.....

OF

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
I have to agree. With gen 1 stick with what TV recommends and what knowledgeable folks (OF, Bob Loblaw, PhotoRider, Haywood, etc) about other batteries. For gen 2 (Cera) you have more options for batteries depending on what you want.

tedthehed

I guess my post doesnt concern you. :)

not knowng what an ultramax lv was, I merely supplied the correct correct info re rcr 123's ..

didnt notice the "a" suffix first on first read... profuse apologies to all I have misguided...

Ultrafire prodcts have a long history of overheating and catching fire, I wouldnt buy them.

They may have fixed the prob in the past few years, but once burned, twice careful..

as prez bush once tried to say...

tedthehed,

OF

I guess my post doesnt concern you. :)

Actually incorrect, misleading or dangerous 'facts' posted for the innocent to take seriously, no matter the source, is of concern to me. And I think rightly so.

Folks should be able to trust advice they get here with the assurance that those who know the truth are looking to 'keep it real'. Our own version of "peer review"? We're here to help each other, right? Bad advice doesn't do that, and in many cases is worse than silence.

Merry Christmas to one and all.

OF

tedthehed

I resent the implication that I have presented misleading or dangerous facts.
I have not.
In fact, if some "innocent" as you say , read your advice in this "Cera" vape discussion,
he or she may get the dangerous idea that its ok to use lifpo batteries in their Cera,
which is specifically warned against by TET.

cowabunga, dudes and dudettes,

so there.

(btw OF, I find your manner and attitude leave alot to be desired)

tedthehed,

OF

I resent the implication that I have presented misleading or dangerous facts.
I have not.
In fact, if some "innocent" as you say , read your advice in this "Cera" vape discussion,
he or she may get the dangerous idea that its ok to use lifpo batteries in their Cera,
which is specifically warned against by TET.

Let me be clear, your suggesting using those batteries in the Ultramax is both misleading (you should not do it) and dangerous (will wreck SV Revolution/DART carts). This is a discussion of Ultramax and other related products, not Cera. That's a different product line, another thread, right? Actually several threads I guess, one of them still active. This subject predates Cera by well over a year.

Please feel free to warn folks I'm advising using RCR123As in Cera if you think you can back it up. If I've given that impression, I'll be happy to correct it.

As I read it you most definitely suggested RCR123 use, including discussing charging. I wish to make it clear that's not a good suggestion and should not be taken as reliable advice. I've given my reasons for saying so, and stand by them.

OF

tedthehed

All members must be treated in a respectful and adult manner. All members should respect and adhere to the promotion of harmony within the community. Do not attempt to disrupt the community in any way.
OK, I will remove the invectives, and soften the tone , hows this:

Unfortunately you seem to be uncomprehending and insecure.

I said nothing of the sort.

Im tired of fending off your hysterical accusations.

and yes I thought I was tuned in to the cera thread, excuse the fuck out of me..but
I never recommended using the 3.7 volt rcr 123 batteries in anything.
And I never suggested you said to use 123 natteries at all in the Cera, you are being imho paranoid about this.

..and why do I keep getting alerts to respond to this thread? I thought I had cancelled all alerts and emails.
Ill try again...

and in the meantime, OF, (i thought it would never come to this) : have nice day! :) ( hows that? :) )

Last edited:
tedthehed,

Yoosh

I wanted the Ultralite but was pushed towards the Ultra. Zero regrets. 2 batteries basically guarantees it works all day long. I can make most days on just one battery with my AVA, with dart I can get too high a handful of times before having to worry about battery life. If you can, you should consider getting the UltraMax, having both 3.7 and 6 volts with just a battery change is nice.

yeah i contacted vaporenvy and billy told me the ultramax was the way to go and i figured why not as its only a bit more than the ava kit on its own.

when would you ever need 6v for the ava + juice though? does the hr ava work ok at 3.7v? or will i have to purchase a lv or sr ava?

Yoosh,
Reactions: OF

max

Out to lunch
(btw OF, I find your manner and attitude leave alot to be desired)
Despite editing out the rule breaking name calling from your post, we find your manner and attitude also quite lacking for this forum. If you're going to argue your points here you'll have to do so without breaking the 'be nice' rule.

As for your battery advice, it's best to go with what the vape maker recommends, for both user and product safety. You have to assume that the manufacturer has chosen the best power supply for both safety and maximum vaping time. If you choose to use another type of battery you do so at your own risk and we'd rather not have you recommending it here. It would be better, if you feel you have a valid alternative, to contact the manufacturer and discuss it directly.

tedthehed

All members must be treated in a respectful and adult manner. All members should respect and adhere to the promotion of harmony within the community.
...same to you queen max, I assume you are using the royal "we"...and when did you stop beating your wife?

ps: if you think I recommended a battery against manufacturers recommendations, please point out where for all

to see, ..otherwise, hold your peace. amd try to stop hallucinating. and baiting. thats against the rules, I think.

tedthehed,

Yoosh

Get anything good for xmas ted? Arguing over this is pointless. Post a vid of you using the battery to show us how it works. I absolutely believe that it'll work as you say, until proven otherwise.

Merry xmas guys

Yoosh,

Busta

yeah i contacted vaporenvy and billy told me the ultramax was the way to go and i figured why not as its only a bit more than the ava kit on its own.

when would you ever need 6v for the ava + juice though? does the hr ava work ok at 3.7v? or will i have to purchase a lv or sr ava?
The hr AVA will not work at 3.7v. You may get some vapor but it will be very weak.

Can you PM me the price of the ultramax? I did already get the RES attachment for my T1 but might need a whole ecig kit for a buddy.

Busta,
Reactions: Yoosh

OF

Just to confirm, we SHOULD be purchasing this (quoted) link with the 750 mAh NOT the 900 ones right? (for T1):horse:

Yup, true rumor.

The 900s will not get hot enough for us, but will do so for a longer time...... Useless as that might be. T1 was designed based on that exact battery (the 750s).

OF

Top Bottom