1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

ThermoVape Revolution for concentrates

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by sessnet, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl SPACE GOD 宇宙

Most batteries of that type have a 10 second cutoff, you'll have to look for one that doesn't have the cutoff. Mechanical mods like the first generation of TV products had no cutoff.

rcflo, OF and kushcabbage like this.
  2. kushcabbage

kushcabbage vapor nerd

something cheap that works well with the revolution is this, http://www.madvapes.com/gripper.html the revolution slides in perfectly and the gripper acts as a heat shield since the cart gets hot during use. also no cut off time. handy little battery mod. hope you enjoy the revolution!

also for larger batteries, I use the bolt for at home. http://www.madvapes.com/the-bolt-gun-metal.html

rcflo, Bart and Quetzalcoatl like this.
  3. Haywood

Haywood Onward Thru the Fog

All of the VV/VW mods I've seen have a timeout on the button. Doesn't matter if it's a tiny eGo style or one of the monster 26650's with a DNA30 in it. Only the pure mechanical mods don't have a timeout. (At least I've never seen or heard of a VV/VW without a timeout).

Quetzalcoatl likes this.
  4. StickyShisha

StickyShisha Well-Known Member

i saw a (not cheap) ecig battery powering a Rev today. it was a squarish tube and featured VV & VW.

i mainly powered my Dart LV with the lower end stuff from W9tech.

Quetzalcoatl and OF like this.
  5. Tom Funk

Tom Funk Well-Known Member

Hi All,

I've been curious about oils and the revolution/dart for sometime. I was thinking of getting a Dart from Vapor Envy but I see they sold out.

I see that people have been getting AVA's and sending them in to thermovape to be converted. I could do this and get a Dart loading tool from thermovape as they still have some. Is the AVA different from the revolution/dart or is the reason that people are getting them converted simply to convert from 3.7V to 6V or vica versa?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Cheers
    TF

6. petey1

petey1 Member

Pretty sure the AVA is identical to the Revolution. You will need a Dart loader though.

Tom Funk likes this.
  7. Tom Funk

Tom Funk Well-Known Member

Thanks for your response @petey1. Love your avatar, by the way. Bull & Terrier dogs all the way.

Quetzalcoatl likes this.
  8. Pipes

Pipes The guy with the Afterthoughts Accessory Maker

The solution, I think you will enjoy is a mechanical mod that will fit a Kick power regulator.
    I use a mechanical mod called the Nemesis and paid a way too much...but now they have Nemesis clones out there for around $30. Many telescopic mods as well.
    Now the Kick is maxed out at 12 watts and is the reason I went for a "Kick2" which is the same but can go up to 15 watts. The great thing is NO time out. Regulates nicely and gets the most from your batteries. Also, provides the safety features as short circuit and under voltage protection.
    The big difference is the Kick has clones which can be had for like $10 whereas the Kick2 is still new and will find it at $40-$45.
    For your heat concerns, just get a 510 extender.
    Hope this helps,

Quetzalcoatl and NoName like this.
  9. Mynameismud

Mynameismud But call me Alowishus Devadander Abercrombie.

@petey1 is right the AVA is identical to therevolution

People were getting the HV/HR revs/avas converted to LV/LR because thats compatible with pretty much everything.
    If you want 3.7V get an LR AVA and a dart loader. I didnt see loaders on their site but you can call and see if they have any left. If not thermovape has them still i believe. And its not something you NEED. It comes in handy but paperclips and dabbers work just as well. I also like using the smooth flow mp with the AVA/rev. And vaporenvy has those.

NoName, rcflo, Haywood and 4 others like this.
  10. hawper

hawper Member

Looking to power up my DART again, and was wondering what people are having the best luck with. The original 14500s that came with the Rev were giving me trouble (long heat up time, quick discharge) to the point that I had shelved the DART. Might've been some switch issues, but I could never get the standard Rev body to work well (and that slider switch was a PITA). Randomly tried putting it on an Ego-C Upgrade little battery that works pretty good, decent clouds but kind of want something beefier.

Noticed someone mentioned the Bolt, does that pair well with the Rev? What batteries are best for this situation (18500? 18650? AW IMR?... gets kinda confusing, ha)

Also I was thinking of picking up a Cera EO cart soon, is there anything that would work for both units (are they both 510 thread?).

If anyones got suggestions or feedback I'm all ears.
    Thanks!

kushcabbage likes this.
  11. 2clicker

2clicker up to my ears in clams Accessory Maker

def go with IMR cells. they are the safest available. i would get 18650s if i were you. although im sure 18650s would be ok. are you working with an LV or HV Dart? i assume LV...?

OF and Quetzalcoatl like this.
  12. hawper

hawper Member

Yeah I've got the LV Dart.

Was thinking of going with something like this: http://www.madvapes.com/ehpro-origin.html
    Or the Bolt (nice and cheap at $20): http://www.madvapes.com/the-bolt-gun-metal.html but looks like it's for 18500s.
    edit: Just found this at ~$20 (cheaper alternative to above; should work with 510 and 18650s?): http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10006523/1512600-jm-style-mechanical-mod-kit

and then getting some 18650s:
    http://www.madvapes.com/eh-imr-18650-30amp-1600mah-flat-top.html
    or
    http://www.madvapes.com/imr-18650-limn-2250mah-battery-button-top.html

edit: Just found these, look pretty nice: http://www.fasttech.com/product/1233700-panasonic-ncr18650pd-18650-3-6v-2900mah

So the '18650' is referring to battery size? and the 1600mah/2250mah is it's capacity? Button top vs non button top (just has to do with the fitting?)

Would this setup ostensibly also work with the Cera EO cart? Does it also use 510 threads and 18650s?

Sorry for the barrage of questions, been reading up lots but there's some details and terminology that I haven't iron out.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
  13. kushcabbage

kushcabbage vapor nerd

https://www.fasttech.com/p/1617800 and https://www.fasttech.com/p/1632200 are my favorite, great looking mods, perform great and can use a host of batteries. They are 510. The cero Eo cart, are a new thread design, but whispers of a thread adapter in the works have been heard.

14. Pipes

Pipes The guy with the Afterthoughts Accessory Maker

I gave my take a few answers back. Get a 510 mod that can take a Kick2 and you will get the most from your batteries. Same power delivered through the whole discharge cycle. Normally when a battery drops to 50% capacity, we stop using because the performance drops off. The kick will maintain the output until the battery is truly drained.
    :2c:
    I'll bet the 15 watt Kick2 would work very nicely with Cera as well if you overcome the connector issue.

15. kushcabbage

kushcabbage vapor nerd

my favorite way to use the dart, still absolutely my favorite tool, instant relief. Brass makes me a feel a bit classier.
    [​IMG]

Vape Dr., jpdnkstr, Haywood and 3 others like this.
  16. hoptimum

hoptimum Well-Known Member

Is that part of the Revolution's "Game of Thrones" series?

Mynameismud and kushcabbage like this.
  17. Mynameismud

Looks like an "artifact" from warehouse 13 to me;)

Vape Dr., kushcabbage and hoptimum like this.
  18. StickyShisha

StickyShisha Well-Known Member

from Artie's personal collection, it isn't logged at the warehouse

kushcabbage and Mynameismud like this.
  19. Mynameismud

:tup: Haha he keeps it in his bottomless purse/bag/thing.

kushcabbage likes this.
  20. bigsnack

bigsnack Active Member

Is there like an adapter one can get to use DART on a mech mod?

21. Quetzalcoatl

It's 510 threaded but make sure to give it the proper voltage, if it's LV you need to drive it with a 3.7v. And watch out, mine heats up very fast now on my mech.

kushcabbage likes this.
  22. OF

OF Well-Known Member

None needed, it's a 510 thread, although it fits better on some than others. The DART threaded section is longer than many 510 carts and batteries.

Be sure the battery you get is up to the serious current. Dart is not as bad as Evolution here (the theme of this tread), but you have to be able to fully drive a sub 1.5 Ohm cart.

OF

Edit: two minutes behind the Q man......again. Gotta learn to type faster or spell better......

kushcabbage and Quetzalcoatl like this.
  23. lesvape

lesvape Queer in a high haze

How can we tell if the mech mod we have can take a kick2? I have K100(with an 18650 and 18350, thinking about getting a 18490/18500), and it came with it's own kick, but the model 2 sounds even better(and safer). Thank you.

Last edited: May 20, 2014
  24. bigsnack

bigsnack Active Member

Is there like an info page on all the tops and atomizer they made for the thermovape?

25. Quetzalcoatl

Pretty sure all you need is for it to telescope enough to fit the kick in? I'm rocking my DART on my K100 with a Sony VTC5, like I said it heats up right quick, especially compared to the Ultra I used to have it on. Just gotta ride the button for a second or two before you start getting a lot of vapor. 3.7v battery and it'll last way too long before it needs a recharge using the DART exclusively.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors