Discontinued Thermovape Luna

Would you like to see A looseleaf version of the Luna?

• Total voters

OF

Thanks OF, that was about as thorough of an answer as I could have asked for.....
By the way, are there any pictures of these cores anywhere that show the internals?

You're welcome.

Sorry I know of none. As a guess by way of discouraging (or rather not encouraging) poking around inside? They can be very easily wrecked just dealing with the four screws holding it together. Once that happens it's rebuild time as the base piece will need replacing.

At one point furnace cement was considered to retain/lock the screws but you know how guys are about 'mystery, toxic materials'....... They stuck with 'metal, ceramic or silicone (rings)' materials.

OF

SDsurfer

If anyone is having a hard time getting their wax to melt down into the core I'd like to share something I have been doing that works pretty well. Alot of waxes will just sit on top of the wafer and burn into a weird burnt solid if it doesn't sink into the core.
I put my wax in there and heat is just enough to de-solidify it....then I put the mouthpiece on and blow into it slightly to force the liquid down into the core. This has also prevented the oil from walking up the MP so much when inhaling, it stays cleaner for longer...
Maybe someone has already suggested this....

kernal6500

I have seen a lot of people saying they need to push the botton in and up in order for it to really fire up and this has just happenedto me. How can we fix this if we can't tighten the push button screw

I
If anyone is having a hard time getting their wax to melt down into the core I'd like to share something I have been doing that works pretty well. Alot of waxes will just sit on top of the wafer and burn into a weird burnt solid if it doesn't sink into the core.
I put my wax in there and heat is just enough to de-solidify it....then I put the mouthpiece on and blow into it slightly to force the liquid down into the core. This has also prevented the oil from walking up the MP so much when inhaling, it stays cleaner for longer...
always have trouble melting the wax I usually end using a battery just I melt it all in. I use a torch just enough to melt it then in just fire it up and it melts in

Last edited by a moderator:

SDsurfer

Does anyone know if getting the black crust on the switch-plate and screw head means I have a defective product? I received mine in april, after the supposed replating issue...

SDsurfer,

OF

Does anyone know if getting the black crust on the switch-plate and screw head means I have a defective product? I received mine in april, after the supposed replating issue...

It should not. It's Silver plated, you're looking at Silver Oxide, which conducts fine. Silver is the traditional material for many such high current contacts, often found quite black but still doing its' job just fine. With the heat involved and the oxygen in the air it's basically impossible for it not to form. I would not think of polishing it off.

OF

SDsurfer

Hmm. It seems to fire up better after I scrape off the crust with my fingernail...but you probably know more about it than I do...
What are the signs of the arcing issue that I have heard so much about?

SDsurfer,

OF

Hmm. It seems to fire up better after I scrape off the crust with my fingernail...but you probably know more about it than I do...
What are the signs of the arcing issue that I have heard so much about?

Your call. Arcing damage will usually involve pitting and metal transfer in the Silver plating. Easy to spot in 'side light'.

OF

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Yes me over in the cera thread :)

showman

Any idea what to do if my liquid cartridge isn't firing up? Do I boil it? First time this has happened to me.

showman,
Reactions: OF

OF

Any idea what to do if my liquid cartridge isn't firing up? Do I boil it? First time this has happened to me.

Sorry you're having trouble, but no, boiling it will not make it start heating, it will, however, destroy the oil you have loaded.

I would not advise it to address that problem. The issues is no doubt elsewhere.

OF

showman

Sorry you're having trouble, but no, boiling it will not make it start heating, it will, however, destroy the oil you have loaded.

I would not advise it to address that problem. The issues is no doubt elsewhere.

OF
Thanks a lot for your help- any idea what you think might be the problem? It just suddenly sort of stopped working one day. I had it in my pocket but didn't drop it or anything. I'm not worried about any destroying any oil as I'd only loaded nicotine liquid in this unit. I sent a question to TV but haven't heard back yet since it was over the weekend, so thought I'd see if there was any advice here.

showman,
Reactions: OF

OF

Thanks a lot for your help- any idea what you think might be the problem? It just suddenly sort of stopped working one day. I had it in my pocket but didn't drop it or anything. I'm not worried about any destroying any oil as I'd only loaded nicotine liquid in this unit. I sent a question to TV but haven't heard back yet since it was over the weekend, so thought I'd see if there was any advice here.

I'm not sure what help I've been, but you're welcome......

Nothing comes to mind right off past what I said, perhaps one of the other worthies here can suggest something?

Nothing to gain by boiling, that's only useful when it's getting hot but not producing well. You're not hot. The cart may have just decided to go belly up, of course, but seems unlikely. Do you have a meter? That will tell the story there. I assume the battery is OK? Points us at the switch, many of which are troublesome at first, or like in my case still are after two tries......

My personal Luna is erratic enough that I am not using it. I've just been too distracted to take it back for another visit. FWIW it seems like once the switch is squared away and fitted to the carts it's smooth sailing.

Hopefully someone else can contribute, but for my money right now it's time for trip to the shot for mister switch. I still wouldn't boil it, unless you're really really bored......

OF

OF,
Reactions: showman

showman

I'm not sure what help I've been, but you're welcome......

Nothing comes to mind right off past what I said, perhaps one of the other worthies here can suggest something?

Nothing to gain by boiling, that's only useful when it's getting hot but not producing well. You're not hot. The cart may have just decided to go belly up, of course, but seems unlikely. Do you have a meter? That will tell the story there. I assume the battery is OK? Points us at the switch, many of which are troublesome at first, or like in my case still are after two tries......

My personal Luna is erratic enough that I am not using it. I've just been too distracted to take it back for another visit. FWIW it seems like once the switch is squared away and fitted to the carts it's smooth sailing.

Hopefully someone else can contribute, but for my money right now it's time for trip to the shot for mister switch. I still wouldn't boil it, unless you're really really bored......

OF
Probably should have mentioned this earlier, but I'm actually pretty sure it's the cart rather than anything on the body because I tried my cart on my girlfriend's unit without any luck, and her cart worked on my base unit. Also have never had any switch problems. The cart just seems to be dead or clogged or something...

OF

Probably should have mentioned this earlier, but I'm actually pretty sure it's the cart rather than anything on the body because I tried my cart on my girlfriend's unit without any luck, and her cart worked on my base unit. Also have never had any switch problems. The cart just seems to be dead or clogged or something...

That's useful information.

Still nothing to be gained by boiling, try if you want......

Again, do you have a meter? That can quickly confirm the health of the heater.

OF

Top Bottom