Discontinued Thermovape Cera

darkrom

Great Scott!
IME yes it is the best portable oil device I've used to date. Nothing else has come close. I will admit that a lot of the time I use a cheapo ruvaped "nano" pen simply because it is more discreet and so damn easy.

But sitting in my house with both in front of me I'd grab the cera every single time.

Oh and plugging the cera EO into the bottom of a vapexhale hydratube is far better than a nail IME as well. I'm still debating if its worth using nails for the reclaim, or if its better to just vape it all in the cera the first time. I go back and forth.

OF

Any advice for loading concentrates that require higher melting temps (ie my DIY shatter)?

I have no complaints other than minor amounts of lost oil and the occasionally clogged cart.

Initial loading can be a bear. After that it think the secret is not running it too low. "Load small and often" the rule from Revolution/DART seems to be the call here. As you use it up, add a bit more on top, hopefully to melt in in the process. Trying to melt in a lot in one go is a problem since the cart is specifically designed to not conduct ("loose") heat from the core.

I messed around with a Wilton funnel and fire, got some useful results early on, but decided that keeping track of the load (often easy to do by appearance of the top plate alone) was a better way.

Likewise, I think leaks and clogs (basically the same thing) are easier to control if you keep the load quantity within bounds (which of course vary with the concentrate types).

Experiment some and "follow the results you like" is, I think, good advice here.

Good luck, it's worth getting right IMO.

OF

Severmore

Trying to melt in a lot in one go is a problem since the cart is specifically designed to not conduct ("loose") heat from the core.

Good luck, it's worth getting right IMO.

OF

Bingo! It was a newly rebuilt cart and I attempted to melt all .5g in two stages...live and learn :)

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
IME yes it is the best portable oil device I've used to date. Nothing else has come close. I will admit that a lot of the time I use a cheapo ruvaped "nano" pen simply because it is more discreet and so damn easy.

But sitting in my house with both in front of me I'd grab the cera every single time.

Oh and plugging the cera EO into the bottom of a vapexhale hydratube is far better than a nail IME as well. I'm still debating if its worth using nails for the reclaim, or if its better to just vape it all in the cera the first time. I go back and forth.
You should check out the Persei thread, there is a prototype nibbler (bubbler) designed for these cartridges I don't think anyone's jumped at the opportunity to test it. Wish I still had a cera

Vape Dr.

Mine doesn't say if they are protected or not. They just say 2900Mah 10amp high drain.
You should check out the Persei thread, there is a prototype nibbler (bubbler) designed for these cartridges I don't think anyone's jumped at the opportunity to test it. Wish I still had a cera

I've had my eye on the persei for months.
I'm still looking for a good BHO kit to make shatter.
Does anyoneone know of a good (clean) BHO kit besides off Ebay.
So Sorry to jump off topic....

So far I'm loving my Ti LL Cera! The button isn't an issue for my, I thought it might me. The flaver is amazing, takes but a pinch, and the effects...wow. Its feels like the first time. I was considering buying a oil cartridge, but they want $200 for a Ti one $100 for SS. I would probably end up going with the Ti one, that's why I was/am considering getting a Persei as opposed to the Cera cartridge for wax and oils.

Vape Dr.,

btka

i can t find it... which page... thx

btka,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Mine doesn't say if they are protected or not. They just say 2900Mah 10amp high drain.

I've had my eye on the persei for months.
I'm still looking for a good BHO kit to make shatter.
Does anyoneone know of a good (clean) BHO kit besides off Ebay.
So Sorry to jump off topic....

So far I'm loving my Ti LL Cera! The button isn't an issue for my, I thought it might me. The flaver is amazing, takes but a pinch, and the effects...wow. Its feels like the first time. I was considering buying a oil cartridge, but they want $200 for a Ti one $100 for SS. I would probably end up going with the Ti one, that's why I was/am considering getting a Persei as opposed to the Cera cartridge for wax and oils.
Persei is great and all but I was referring to a bubbler attachment they designed for the cera they have one prototype they need someone to test out

@btka
Introducing the Nibbler T.

Only one prototype and first person who wants it gets it to test out.

Deposit is $100 return it within 7 days after testing it to get refund. Must give feedback and video performance.

Made In America Boro glass.

Inverted Dome.

Mynameismud,
Reactions: Vape Dr.

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I was talking to G about it, agreed to test it, then that was the end of that lol. Not sure what happened.
Ill let him know, I got a new toy and was talking to him and he asked if I still had a cera, which I unfortunately sold a few months ago so I'm super bummed I can't test it because I was waiting for something like this the entire time I had a cera

Mynameismud,

thegoo

Has anyone had any luck/or does anyone have tips for ways to clean out the area at the bottom of the cart and near the vent holes without sending the EO cart in for a rebuild? I have loaded around 3 grams of shatter into this new cart I got with my luna and the restriction has gotten to the point where I need to heat up the core for a min of 20 seconds before it fully opens up..
I have tried boil/iso/boil 2x and that cleaned the core except for the last .05 i could not get, however the airflow is still completely restricted. I was thinking of doing a few 20/20 burns but in my experience that significantly degrades the taste of the core and can make it hard to fully clean.
SOOO.....the question today FC, is do i send the cart in for a $25 rebuild or does anyone have the magic tip I need to make it open up again???

thegoo,

OF

I was talking to G about it, agreed to test it, then that was the end of that lol. Not sure what happened.

Ill let him know, I got a new toy and was talking to him and he asked if I still had a cera, which I unfortunately sold a few months ago so I'm super bummed I can't test it because I was waiting for something like this the entire time I had a cera

Too bad, but I seriously doubt you're holding up a flood of sales.

Since Cera has built in interface to GonG connections you can easily test this out as a concept if you want, simply mate Cera to your F-Bomb, PWT or anything else handy and try? Lots of us have done this, of course. I strongly suspect the results with the "Nibbler T" will be similar......unless the water is magic?

And of course TV has offered a pair of WT adapters from the 'first generation' days to link Revolution/DART so of course they do very well connecting Cera EO to any standard WT (like the Infamous Bubbler, PWT, F-Bonb and so on). They too work, but at the expense of some utility.

Early on in Beta testing I cobbled up a connection for my Nibbler (then only one model) using an Omicron MP and was not impressed (although I think Nibbler is a useful product in it's original (Omicron cart) role).

Interesting that one maker would make a WT only useful on his competitors product, but I'm saving my money this time.

OF

OF

Wondering if anyone knows the general temperature range at which CO2 oil vapes and/or combusts?

Since the solvent (in this case CO2) is totally evaporated (for practical purposes) the resulting THC and other components have exactly the same properties as in any other type oil. Expect solid vapor at about 400F.

Yeah I use the cera with my pinnacle water tube sometimes. With my hydratube too :)

Ever the searcher on the Holy Quest.....

Yer an inspiration to us all in your pursuit, or should be IMO. "The best" is illusive at times, it takes persistence to find. Compromise is not gonna happen.

IMO guys are foolish to discount your advice, please continue to share it?

OF

Vape Dr.

Yeah I use the cera with my pinnacle water tube sometimes. With my hydratube too :)

Do you simply hold the F-bomb to the silicone mouthpiece on the Cera, or did you devise an attachment for this. I think if I could use my F-bomb on my Cera it would be a beautiful thing.
Please share, I just got my Cera last week, so I haven't been able to fool around with it much.
Any info on Cera tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance.

OF

Do you simply hold the F-bomb to the silicone mouthpiece on the Cera, or did you devise an attachment for this.

Any info on Cera tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated!

Yup, it's as simple as that.

Not sure where to start with Cera advice, there's lot of in in this and the other Cera threads......

To reduce it to a few points: Follow the 3 steps, don't try to cheat, do each one fully before moving on. Keep your bud dry, well ground and 'medium packed' if you want maximum production. Keep a fresh battery handy to swap in at the first sign of decreasing production (question the battery state before the load). It's easier to clean if you do it warm.

OF

Vape Dr.

Excellent! I've skimmed through most of the pages and I do follow the 3 step rule.
After trying some fresh ground sour d I figured it was too moist and let it sit out on a piece of paper in circulating air for a few hours and that helped tremendously (I noticed a lot of moisture on the bottom of the mouthpiece too).
I do clean it button up with ISO and cotton balls after each load. It's very easy to maintain.

I just ordered a SS EO Cera. Is it good for bho and shatter? I really love the flavor and elevation of the LL and was wondering about bho. If it's anything close to how amazing the herb tastes and the effect in the LL I'll be one happy camper. I had/have my eye on a persei, but I love my Cera. I thought it would take a lot of learning, but it's just a steller performer all around.

Thank you for the F-bomb info! I'm going to try it right now!

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Too bad, but I seriously doubt you're holding up a flood of sales.

Since Cera has built in interface to GonG connections you can easily test this out as a concept if you want, simply mate Cera to your F-Bomb, PWT or anything else handy and try? Lots of us have done this, of course. I strongly suspect the results with the "Nibbler T" will be similar......unless the water is magic?

And of course TV has offered a pair of WT adapters from the 'first generation' days to link Revolution/DART so of course they do very well connecting Cera EO to any standard WT (like the Infamous Bubbler, PWT, F-Bonb and so on). They too work, but at the expense of some utility.

Early on in Beta testing I cobbled up a connection for my Nibbler (then only one model) using an Omicron MP and was not impressed (although I think Nibbler is a useful product in it's original (Omicron cart) role).

Interesting that one maker would make a WT only useful on his competitors product, but I'm saving my money this time.

OF
Yeah i just thought maybe it would be great for LL, use it instead of the top cap/mouthpiece (if it has a built in glass screen that is, cant really tell from the pictures)

OF

That's a really cool article... I hope the sale of the company doesn't jeopardize the future quality TET products.

IMO you've no need to worry there. Continued Customer Service and maintaining the quality of the current (and future) products are no doubt part of the plan. They are the real value of TV when you get down to it.

OF

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
The nibbler talk has me imagining the LL cart heating the glass, and thus the water.

Recycling waste heat for use in moisture conditioning, neat?

nopartofme,
Reactions: OF

OF

The nibbler talk has me imagining the LL cart heating the glass, and thus the water.

Recycling waste heat for use in moisture conditioning, neat?

Interesting idea, but I'm not sure how fast you can move heat up through the wall of the Bender. The path is pretty long compared to the thickness of the wall and glass is a good insulator of heat since it's a bad conductor of it.

I suspect more heat is transferred to the water through the hot air/vapor bubbling?

OF

Top Bottom