Discontinued Thermovape Cera

VaporTech

silently seeking
I ordered 4x cgr18650ch 2250s cause that's what all the cool kids were using, I can vouch they work egg-shell-lint.
I own one other vape, an old school plastic cannabis cup winning log vape whose name I go by. The VaporTech takes about 10 min to make good heat, and with the whips and power cord, it was getting a bit cumbersome. I wanted a cordless daily driver, with impeccable materials safety, and a thoroughly enlightened design. Well Cera waltzed into my life this morning around 11:30am. This is the 6th business day after I ordered (lucky me! So fast!) and precisely ahead of schedule, outstanding.
Cera arrived unceremoniously in a bubble wrap envelope in her own tube with some simple accessories. ....ooops LOL... I'll need to conclude my observations later to night, on the bright side they will be slightly more... informed.
~Peace

darkrom

Great Scott!
My cera was just received at thermovape. Third time is a charm, I just feel it. If the cera works as good as it does when it is working, but all the time, it'll easily be my favorite portable to date.

The pax is easier, but I can handle the extra work for the better results. Back to using about 5x more than I'd use in the cera. Lame.

GR

My cera was just received at thermovape. Third time is a charm, I just feel it. If the cera works as good as it does when it is working, but all the time, it'll easily be my favorite portable to date.

The pax is easier, but I can handle the extra work for the better results. Back to using about 5x more than I'd use in the cera. Lame.

I feel for you.

I guess I got my own bad luck happening, just got my email saying they received my Cera, usps tracking says they got it last Monday morning. I bet it was my box sitting on top of the pile and slipped off behind a desk, lol. Good news is they have it.

Two things I wish I had done with sending the Cera through USPS priority mail was add signature confirmation and insurance. The signature cormirmation I always do but my 3 yo son had a different set of plans, he was going to build the coolest box fort from their inventory and I felt a bit of pressure to rap things up quick. Insurance for under $500 items seems not worth the hassle for the claim, for me that is, for others you might consider it though. On that note I am considering order a second EO Cera tonight thinking it will arrive quicker then the one I sent in for repair, lol.

GR,
Reactions: OF

tavosvo

Haywood is the man when it comes to battery info. Alot of people myself included prefer the 2250's but get them while you can because they aren't being made anymore. 2900's work fine as well just seem to take a little longer to warm up. You shouldnt be disappointed with either.

http://www.fasttech.com/products/1141101

Oh u da man. Last I checked the amazon link for the 2250s they were goneski. Just ordered 3 sets from your site for only $28 and change. Wooo!

JCat

Accessory Maker
Thanks!

First let me start by saying that the existing mouthpiece is pretty good as-is. Not doing this because I need to. The LL cart poses unique challenges that I think will be better addressed by this custom mouthpiece. Can't wait until my state legalizes it..will switch over to good oils then and will see my Cera really shine.

Few things you get...
  1. Direct vapor path - all Ceramic
  2. Easier to pull - UFO is nice but it restricts air flow
  3. More room for the vapor to cool down (it can come out a bit hot with the LL cart)
  4. More room for the heat from the LL cart to dissipate. The body gets a bit hot otherwise
  5. Makes it look less phallic (especially with the rubber mouthpiece - wife still makes fun of me...doesn't look so bad when she does it though ;))
I only have to buy 10 of these things from the manufacturer to meet our agreement. I'm giving three away to FC members who have helped me along the way and then I'm taking a spare for myself, which leaves six left, which I am selling at cost (well, actually a loss after I give away three). After that you guys will have to buy them on your own (+ screens) through AliExpress.com. I'll post pictures after I've had a chance to test.
I'll take one too if there are still some left ... you can even make a little profit on it to help recuperate your costs!

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
One can hope. I am on the right side of the country, I have been without my friend for 10 days and looks like another nail biting day tomorrow.
Haha, oh great. I don't even have the right side of the country going for me!
This made me laugh. I think GR was referring to the east side of the country, but the right side does often feel like the wrong side.

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
I'm looking for JoeKickass's post about how to make the copper body. Can someone point me in the right direction please? I've been searching for a while now.
Here's a link to his last post about it. For the most part it deals with 3/4" copper pieces and a 3/8" nut soldered for the connector. Simple but looks like would do the job.
Switch added

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
decided to send my core in. better safe than sorry. will keep ya'll updated
awesome bob, keep us posted!!!!!:tup:
Thanks guys! Joe pm'd me all the info! I love this site!
Here's a link to his last post about it. For the most part it deals with 3/4" copper pieces and a 3/8" nut soldered for the connector. Simple but looks like would do the job.
Switch added
I have made my body, found a nut that fit in the reducer 3/4 inch to 1/2 by hammering in.
I have a problem, the EO cart screws in no problem but doesnt stick out far enough past the nut to make contact to the battery, can I solder a heavy duty spring to the nut the cart is screwed into!!!!! @ this point iam now stuck lol any help would be awesome to wire the battery inside!!!
:rockon:

Let me start of saying I love the design of the TET mouthpiece.
I use the cera under heavy rotation between 2-3 people (including myself) & the silicone tips i use work amazing, but i decided to try various drip tips i had laying around.
I went to home depot and Eyeballed a few grommets, and i bought some similar ceramic drip tips that another poster had posted............here are a few pics with some mouthpieces on!!!!
I can say that after another heavy rotation today with the grommet and drip tip raised away from the actual core, it stay's cool to the lips for waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay longer!!!

Hope everyone had a happy Cinco De Mayo!!!!!!!!!

Ordering some similar shaped grommets in high temperature materials, but like another poster stated, I havent run into mouthpiece heating issues and or hot grommets!!!!!
Hope this helps!!!!
I Use two different grommets, one fits all my anodized drip tips, and the flater one with the tapering fits the ceramic drip tips(white and black).

By the way the grommets from home depot that fit were 3/8 & 5/16 in case anyone was wondering !!

& here is a picture of the packaging for the second set of grommets I use(non standard ones), second & third pic is the grommet itself

OF

I have made my body, found a nut that fit in the reducer 3/4 inch to 1/2 by hammering in.
I have a problem, the EO cart screws in no problem but doesnt stick out far enough past the nut to make contact to the battery, can I solder a heavy duty spring to the nut the cart is screwed into!!!!! @ this point iam now stuck lol any help would be awesome to wire the battery inside!!!

Two thoughts. First off you need to solder the nut in. Hard or soft. Swaging a steel nut into copper and trying to pass lots of current though it in the face of heat and corrosion won't work. You need a better connection (electrically) and need to seal the metals away from Oxygen or it won't be stable.

Secondly, after you've done that, simply file the end back (nut and fitting) until the EO threads in far enough?

I can't follow the spring idea, it can be done, but soldering springs has to be done with some care, flexing will tear the solder joint up.

OF

aj0125

I know there is a lot of Cera cleaning talk on here but it mainly focuses on the EO cart. I wanted to give my LL cart a good cleaning tonight but can't remember if it is OK to boil it. Is it? Is it the same setup as T1 where you boil then put in oven to dry? I assume the mouthpiece is safe to boil, but you know what happens when you assume...

aj0125,

YeeeBuddy

. One user claimed 5X less but I have cut back ONLY 50%. lol.

Might have been me but I switched from all out combustion(huge bong rips all day) to all out vaping so my savings were significantly higher. I am spending so much less its crazy, before i was going to the dispensary about twice a week, last time i went was 4/20 and I am just getting low gonna go re up tomorow because I'm off work could probly last another day. Saving around 300-400 a month at least so my vape savings are pretty much gonna cover the payment of the new car I'm gonna get :rockon:.

As for cleaning the LL i havn't cleaned mine ever and it doesnt smell at all, I just blow it out with a straw after every session. When i sent it in to get fixed it took me about 30 seconds with a paper towel and ISO to get it nice and clean. I LOVE the lack of maintenance needed to keep cera working great.

OF

I know there is a lot of Cera cleaning talk on here but it mainly focuses on the EO cart. I wanted to give my LL cart a good cleaning tonight but can't remember if it is OK to boil it. Is it? Is it the same setup as T1 where you boil then put in oven to dry? I assume the mouthpiece is safe to boil, but you know what happens when you assume...

Same basic drill. Don't boil the switch or battery (and I'd think carefully about the body) but the LL cart is designed to be boiled and ISO soaked. Disassemble, but no need to remove the rings.

Most find it stays pretty clean due to the materials used (wipes clean easily), but I've boiled them a few times for the drill. Since it doesn't have the deep recesses and porous ceramic bits it drys faster and easier. You can, at the expense of battery life, 'self dry' it by shaking out what comes and lighting it off until it reaches and holds temperature for a bit.

Tough little guy, go for it!

OF

OF

No more combustion for me. Also need to thank OF for prodding me in the direction of the Cera. Seriously, thanks. For once I listened and it paid off. :clap:

You're very welcome, Bro. That's what were here for, spreading the good word. That blazing stuff can kill you. No sense dealing with the poison to get to the good stuff. Even less sense burning up half the THC you pay so dearly for before it ever gets near your one and only body. Wasting good bud is a sin you know......

Now go ye forth to enlighten your fellow man..... Or something like that. This one's too good to keep quiet.

OF

CG420

Over the horizon u can see the edges of the Earth
Man my Cera isn't working right now. I have to push down the cartridge in order for it to work. Anyone knows how to fix this? My friend had this happen to him and that was the first time he had his malfunctioning like this.

CG420,

aj0125

Same basic drill. Don't boil the switch or battery (and I'd think carefully about the body) but the LL cart is designed to be boiled and ISO soaked. Disassemble, but no need to remove the rings.

Most find it stays pretty clean due to the materials used (wipes clean easily), but I've boiled them a few times for the drill.

Thanks again OF for the words of wisdom. I have been just wiping it clean but after extensive grinding tests and a few combustion incidents I wanted to get her all clean and pretty again. I am a little afraid to boil the body, so I won't bother (doesn't need it anyway) I was just going to do the mouthpiece and core. When self drying, do I hold the switch down or on/off/on? Does it matter?

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Man my Cera isn't working right now. I have to push down the cartridge in order for it to work. Anyone knows how to fix this? My friend had this happen to him and that was the first time he had his malfunctioning like this.
Sounds like a inner copper strap issue, you might want to contact TET and send her in to get the proper touch up!!!!
Mine did the same at one point ,sent her in and havent had an issue since receiving her back(2months)!

Two thoughts. First off you need to solder the nut in. Hard or soft. Swaging a steel nut into copper and trying to pass lots of current though it in the face of heat and corrosion won't work. You need a better connection (electrically) and need to seal the metals away from Oxygen or it won't be stable.

Secondly, after you've done that, simply file the end back (nut and fitting) until the EO threads in far enough?

I can't follow the spring idea, it can be done, but soldering springs has to be done with some care, flexing will tear the solder joint up.

OF
Thanks OF, Iam so horrible with this kinda stuff but you painted a vivd image for me!!!!I somehow understand exactly what our saying........as far as the spring, I though i could solder a spring to the nut the cart screws into that then would allow the battery to make contact, but i think you cleared that up for me(no go)!
I have a few question about the battery connection, once I solder in nut, then file down nut and fitting to allow battery to touch bottom of cart, do i need to add a spring on the inside of the end cap, or is this copper body complete the connection????
My 18650 is partially wrapped at the bottom corners , so iam not sure if this is a good enough connection?
Also can a AW 18350 work this same way just a smaller body, for an ultra mini body?

Delphi

Iv'e managed to overfill the oil cart already, I have oil in the main body, is it ok to boil the main body of the cera ?

Delphi,
Reactions: OF

CG420

Over the horizon u can see the edges of the Earth
Blazing, I sent it in once for the same situation. Man this is a bummer I had it for another two weeks and it fails to work again tonight.. sigh now I gotta wait until tomorrow morning to call Zeki.

CG420,

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Chiming in... ISO does not need to be heated.. Please do not heat your ISO, it is flammable!!:doh:
It strips much quicker and easier warm or hot,that being said I appreciate your concern!!!
I boil water in a pot then I take the pot off the stove................ and separately in a pyrex measuring cup i have the iso, I then sit the pyrex cup in the pot with the at one point boiling water(pot is off the stove no where near flame)!!!! So in this case i shouldn't have to worry to much on the flammable part!!! I leave the pyrex cup in the hot water for about 5 or 8 minutes then use the warm or hot iso!!
hope this clears it up a bit, i know people who microwave there iso, I am not that valiant!!!!
:mental::uhh:
Blazing, I sent it in once for the same situation. Man this is a bummer I had it for another two weeks and it fails to work again tonight.. sigh now I gotta wait until tomorrow morning to call Zeki.

Thats a bummer, I feel your pain, The new method they have to secure the strap i think is way more reliable!!!!
I hope you get it back as quickly as possible!!!!

BLAZING OG,
Reactions: NoName

tavosvo

Man, I have had my Cera back for about 3 days and I have to say I appreciate this product more than any other purchase I have made in a long time. I love the way it has been designed and I have pretty much gravitated to a using a stock Cera as designed with a #35 silicon tip. I had put a protective grip but found it destroyed the elegance of the piece so I cut the damn thing off — I have just made up my mind not to drop it (fingers crossed). The materials and the way the Cera feels in my hand is very quality. I can't see how to improve on the LL cart at all. It reminds me of the variables that make a great espresso like grind, tamp pressure, temperature, water pressure, and extraction speed. If you want a great espresso you have to know your business. I look at the Cera the same way. I love the control of grind, draw speed, ability to control the extraction temperature and vapor cloud. I like how you know, with little experience, just exactly how extracted your material is without looking. I have never had something like this being so easy to clean. I had not realized there can be true joy from not have to clean and dig out sticky crap simply to enjoy yourself — with Cera there is NONE OF THAT. Of course how drastically the Cera will cut down on your medicine use and economize it. One user claimed 5X less but I have cut back ONLY 50%. lol

I can think of no other product in this category that can rock ones world like the Cera. For me the Cera is worth every penny and the perfect product for my needs. I am becoming a vapor control freak.

Comparing cera to an espresso machine is right on. It's not for everyone. Some people like keurig coffee machine - load pod, press button, then drink you incredibly easy yet mediocre at best "cappacinno" . While others will pay a bit more, for something not nearly as easy to use, but once mastered blows the easy coffee away.

Top Bottom