Discontinued Thermovape Cera (Original thread, closed because of chaos)

Status
Not open for further replies.

J.D.420

420th Dragoons
I just thought i'd pop in to give you all some stuff to think about while your waiting for your Cera.

So when you get your Cera your going to notice a few things, some more subtle than others. For instance the body of Cera, its a 3/4" ID with a few strategically placed holes it, The cap is pretty similar in its simplicity.

So.... those of you who know me know i come from a long lineage of furniture builders, AKA Wood Butchers. ;) Anywhere I go Im always looking at the materials things are made from (not the phony picture stuff), Right away i start looking at Cera.

Just Imagine a Tigers Eye Maple and Titanium Cera, Or a Purple Heart and Stainless Cera, maybe a copper and brass one?

Whats your idea? :-D

Tim

I'd like a carbon nanotube and beryllium cera for next year hehe

Ok this is something that doesn't make sense to me. Keep in mind I'm strictly talking about the Loose Flower cart. I don't understand how the Cera is so carefully designed, and all of the materials are high end medical grade, yet in comparison to the Solo (another portable convection vaporizer) it doesn't hold a candle in 'cloud size' and ease of hit/group friendliness. It just doesn't make sense to me. Is there something I'm missing? Is the Solo not truly convection or something? I'm just a little confused as to why the video of the loose leaf hits looks exactly like the clouds a T1 gets.

I must recall that I remember reading a post earlier in this thread by someone at TET who said that this device would be much more group friendly than the T1. However in a later post about the device someone else from TET said that it would be best for a single person or two people max.

Futuretvowner,

Tom Funk

Ok this is something that doesn't make sense to me. Keep in mind I'm strictly talking about the Loose Flower cart. I don't understand how the Cera is so carefully designed, and all of the materials are high end medical grade, yet in comparison to the Solo (another portable convection vaporizer) it doesn't hold a candle in 'cloud size' and ease of hit/group friendliness. It just doesn't make sense to me. Is there something I'm missing? Is the Solo not truly convection or something? I'm just a little confused as to why the video of the loose leaf hits looks exactly like the clouds a T1 gets.

I must recall that I remember reading a post earlier in this thread by someone at TET who said that this device would be much more group friendly than the T1. However in a later post about the device someone else from TET said that it would be best for a single person or two people max.

I would say that vastly improved battery life combined with stir-free, clog-free, much lower heat (particularly when using a sleeve) and power staying on without having to hold the switch on adds up to a much more group friendly vape than the T1, even if it is still not the epitome of group friendliness.

As far as the Solo goes, I've read a lot of posts on this forum that suggest that it is a mix of convection and conduction. I don't really know though. Others may be able to give a satisfactory answer.

TF

Tom Funk,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
I would say that vastly improved battery life combined with stir-free, clog-free, much lower heat (particularly when using a sleeve) and power staying on without having to hold the switch on adds up to a much more group friendly vape than the T1, even if it is still not the epitome of group friendliness.

As far as the Solo goes, I've read a lot of posts on this forum that suggest that it is a mix of convection and conduction. I don't really know though. Others may be able to give a satisfactory answer.

TF

The Solo is convection, but due to the glass walls of the stem being in contact with the SS bowl, the stem gets pretty hot and conduction is certainly happening as well, although people can minimize conduction by removing the stem between hits.

And i don't think the LL has little cloud formation.. i think the CEO has too much cloud formation and people are starting to loose the base level from which to compare. Just my opinion.

There is absolutely no way to compare oils with flowers. When i put hash i milk my 250ml ehle dozens of times, with flowers that happens 3 or 4 times and then it gets wispy.

green2brown

Hey OF, you had said earlier that the Cera may not be your top choice for flower though you weren't sure what would be. Care to elaborate at all? Why wouldn't you pick the Cera? Sort of like the T1 and Rev, from what we know thus far the Cera EO seems to thrive while the LL is iffy. I don't use oils as often as herb and was hoping to get a full top of the line package but if the Cera LL isn't the top then I can't really justify spending $300 just for an oil vape. Change my mind and tell me it's worth it :)

green2brown,

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
Ohh... Opal or Labradorite and Ti :D
Well, I am very happy with the ceramic, but if given a choice to design my own cover I would choose something like a Macassar Ebony (or some highly figured wood with a nice satin sheen:ninja: ) I am in the furniture design business too, Tim!

Unclear though where this cover would be applied...Over the ceramic body or in place of the ceramic body? I thought the Zirconia was used to create thermal heat retention. The use of other materials may change how the Cera operates methinks...

Anyway, I am DAMNED excited to get my Cera over here for a nice test session! Hope it is fleet footed now that we are nearing completion! Santa can't come soon enough for me!!

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Its a skin, so it slips over the body.

I think he was embellishing on the make the vape out of other materials such as wood or stone comment that Tim made a few posts back... I was entertaining the idea of labradorite.

jambandphan03,

JoeKickass

I just thought i'd pop in to give you all some stuff to think about while your waiting for your Cera.

So when you get your Cera your going to notice a few things, some more subtle than others. For instance the body of Cera, its a 3/4" ID with a few strategically placed holes it, The cap is pretty similar in its simplicity.

So.... those of you who know me know i come from a long lineage of furniture builders, AKA Wood Butchers. ;) Anywhere I go Im always looking at the materials things are made from (not the phony picture stuff), Right away i start looking at Cera.

Just Imagine a Tigers Eye Maple and Titanium Cera, Or a Purple Heart and Stainless Cera, maybe a copper and brass one?

Whats your idea? :-D

Tim

A wood body would dramatically reduce the cost right? I mean that's why we're paying top-dollar, for the custom ceramic "diamond" bits right?

But a metal body goes back to the problems of the T1, ie. heat...

JoeKickass,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
I'm more thinking........ DAMN I sure am missing the pause in demo vids ;)

smokum,
Reactions: ShipDit

JoeKickass

I'm thinking that Tim mentions "with a few strategically placed holes" and 'might' be implying a wood veneer 'snap on' is in his mind.

If I'm right.... I expect a free sample ;)

That's not great news cost-wise though...

JoeKickass,

GReYAReA

Amid The Vapors...
Little bit of history. A lot of people think Zappa was a "head". Apparently, the guy was insanely anti-drug. He crew would have to sneak off to go party with the other bands...

sry.. just trying to pass the time waiting for the email; insanity brewing.

Tweek

Little bit of history. A lot of people think Zappa was a "head". Apparently, the guy was insanely anti-drug. He crew would have to sneak off to go party with the other bands...

sry.. just trying to pass the time waiting for the email; insanity brewing.

He was very much against drugs and alcohol.

Tweek,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom