1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

Thermovape Cera (Original thread, closed because of chaos)

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by SameOldTim, Nov 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PDwasmy1st

PDwasmy1st Active Member

That looks to smoke like in that video surely!?!? what is in it oils? do you get more smoke looking when using oils then?

AHAHAHAHA ridiculous!!!!!

mod note: Please use manual quote tags to quote multiple members, avoiding back to back posts minutes apart.
  2. 2clicker

2clicker up to my ears in clams Accessory Maker

cant wait to see more videos. mostly of the loose leaf variety.

im loving the looks of the CEO, but im still in love with my LVDart. T1 base and Dart = amazing performance IMO. the ability to load more is a big plus on the CEO though. i guess im saying that TET already had the best portable oil system available.

in the Cera... im looking for flower power :nod:
    ShipDit, NoName, Bluntcrush and 6 others like this.
  3. mmenzie

mmenzie My friends call me "Menz"

last few pages its been mad love for the cera oil but as a person with limited access to oil/wax i am really interested in the loose leaf one. my overally goal, as my signature says, would be to get this for loose leaf and getting the oil cart down the line for the few times i have oil. so i would love to see some focus on the loose leaf version just for a moment or two
    ShipDit, harmudge and Tweek like this.
  4. PB88123

PB88123 Vaporist

The first videos / topic was the loose leaf. Assuming you have seen all of those there will be more upcoming (the video editing guy is off for a bit. will be back soon (1-2 days i think)). Also another member (@Slightly Medicated) should be getting the Cera LL soon and hopefully will provide video and his input.
    OF likes this.
  5. Boris Blank

Boris Blank Member

Hi Noah,
    Will any of the Titanium models be sent out on the 10th? If not do you have an idea of when they will be ready?
    NoName likes this.
  6. NoddingDonkey

NoddingDonkey Oil, Glass & I'm a bit of an ass

Another question, will the Cera cartridges be available for sale separately at a later date?
  7. PB88123

PB88123 Vaporist

http://thermovape.force.com/IdaSearch

4th box / group under "Cartridge"
    marduk, OF and Tweek like this.
  8. Sonics420

Sonics420 Well-Known Member

Just sold my crapmost raw for 70$
    Thats goin towards the cera. Gpen might be next

TV have u tried earwax in the cera? That would be real easier to load.
    Bluntcrush and jambandphan03 like this.
  9. OF

OF Well-Known Member

I don't think you'll get many informed arguments on the 'best oil system going' part.

Consider, however, TV has shut down DART production before the release date. To me that means they see the new one as being so much better......and IMO they're right. Good as the old stuff was (and IMO it's fantastic really), the Cera is better. In some ways a little better, in others a lot.

OF
    NoName and Cheerful Dub like this.
  10. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl SPACE GOD

Just really thick oil clouds. He's using what would be called a concentrate, probably BHO. I'm using some wax in my TV Ultra with the low-res DART and getting surprising clouds. Compared to flower, yes it's easier to get much denser hits, however you wouldn't need as many hits as with flower for the same effect.

...unless you were kidding :ninja:
    ShipDit, Tweek and OF like this.
  11. spanner

spanner Member

would it be possible to mix some loose leaf in with e-liquid in the e-liquid adapter?
  12. farscaper

farscaper ...reclusive...

Im gonna say that that would be a bad idea. the eliquid carts are not designed to handle any plant matter... in fact, that would be 100% contrary to its design. the e-liquid is for PG/VG tinks and e-juice.

Now, perhaps I misunderstood and you mean your going to make a tink and put that in the e-liquid cart then yes, i do believe that would be fine provided you strained the tink and what not...
    OF and Tweek like this.
  13. Tweek

Tweek Well-Known Member

I'm sure if you sprinkled some Kief in there it shouldn't be an issue...plant matter might not work as expected.
    farscaper likes this.
  14. babemomlover

babemomlover Member

So I saw somewhere that the attachments for the cera are 510 threaded?
    Is that correct?

Does that mean if I already have a number of large 510 threaded e-cigs I would get away with just buying the oil catridge?
    Would I need a mouthpiece or anything else if I wanted to do this?
  15. Darb

Darb Well-Known Member

I think they are just using a regular 3/8 coarse thread.
  16. OF

OF Well-Known Member

I don't agree. Experience with the base model, Revolution, shows results are poor and it will foul the unit fairly quickly.

The oil and VG carts are really meant for pure liquids (super melts or better), kief, bubble and the like are best used in the bud version (where the heat can get to them and where they won't foul it out) as a best option.

No, that is not correct. It's a proprietary thread pattern. Larger in diameter, no compliance, and more appropriate threads and sealing surface. Thread adapters are still to come but should bridge the gap.

OF
    ShipDit, smokum and Bluntcrush like this.
  17. Tweek

Tweek Well-Known Member

I recall mention of 510 adapters down the road.
    OF likes this.
  18. 2clicker

2clicker up to my ears in clams Accessory Maker

i know. i just really love the dart. the loading tool built into the top was pure genius. it makes for very easy vaping IMO.
    Pipes, NoName, Bluntcrush and 2 others like this.
  19. OF

OF Well-Known Member

I'm with you there. I bought a spare to stash just in case (not that the original isn't likely to last a very long time, and be easily rebuilt).

However, having tried Cera I expect DART to get very little use from here on out. Probably only in a compact 'road trip' configuration.

OF
    Pipes, Bart, jambandphan03 and 3 others like this.
  20. Tweek

Tweek Well-Known Member

I can definitely see myself loading that cartridge up before heading out, thus not needing a dart...just need a way to store it when not in use, and full of oil. Hoping TV has some sort of solution on the go.
    AirDru likes this.
  21. AirDru

AirDru Well-Known Member

im interested to see what they do here as well. something that keeps the cart/cera upright. my experience has been that even the most stable waxes and oils will run when being placed sideways or at a tilt..at least that's the case one the stability has been compromised by heat.

i was thinking of adding some sort of ring onto the inside wall of the center console in my car. that way it can hold the cera upright in there, i dont think depth will be an issue.
  22. OF

OF Well-Known Member

I would not count on that happening. Mine has half a gram in it and is living on it's side when not in my hand. The oil is absorbed into the sponge like ceramic reservoir (full of pores). Same as a damp sponge i the sink doesn't run dry as the water runs down the drain, the oil, even when liquid, stays in it's pore until it evaporates off. There just isn't a whole drop of liquid anywhere to drain anywhere.

'Store it anywhere you'd like, and in any position' will become the rule I think.

OF
    doniv, NoName, Dreamerr and 5 others like this.
  23. Tweek

Tweek Well-Known Member

I'm speaking more along the lines of I'm out and about, want to swap out my oil for the herb..where do I put my full oil cartridge? A little container or cap would be nice.
    NoName, smokum, Tom Funk and 2 others like this.
  24. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Put it anywhere you like. Keeping it upright is not an issue. Nor is keeping it clean really IMO. A plug for the top, maybe? Any e-cig mouthpiece stuffed with cotton will do that. Otherwise any number of small containers will work fine. I suspect TV will probably find some nice US made container to ship them in as they have done in the past. Otherwise pill bottles and the snap top vials coils are stored in come to mind. Or to go ghetto, a baggie?

For instance, the two smaller of these look good, depending on how tight you want the fit:
    http://www.tapplastics.com/product/plastics/plastic_containers/clear_styrene_vials/535

I don't have them to try, but the dimensions given fit. I'll try to get some to try next time I'm out that way (like I was yesterday....of course). I do have the taller of these, and they work just fine:
    http://www.tapplastics.com/product/plastics/plastic_containers/polypropylene_vials/427

It will, in fact, hold two cartridges.

I just don't see any issue I guess? I think guys will find their own cases as well?

OF
  25. jambandphan03

jambandphan03 Vapor Goddess

Well, I sure make a lot of use out of the little screw top containers some of the T1 line parts were being shipped out in. Maybe they can continue shipping out parts in those, or the rubber cap ones... I use those too. :D
    NoName, Bluntcrush and OF like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors