Discontinued Thermovape Cera (Original thread, closed because of chaos)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheerful Dub

Spaced Station
Wow, TET in full bore is quite the sight to behold :clap:

Perhaps whether you'll offer a 'whole enchilada kit' or not, you can consider offering a carrying/storage case to handle it all in a safe secure carrier to purchase ??
At this rate a "full kit" probably won't be out until at least next year, TET keeps dropping bombs on their modularity and accessory possibilities. I do understand your concerns completely, being a Canadian customer and basically requiring everything to be in one shipment for custom duties. Although with the rate at which they (don't) sleep, who knows... :ninja:

So far we've got AC adapter, an offering of skins estimated in various color treatments, it's your best guess as to what else may be coming down the pipe, errr the highly engineered vaporizer pathway, as it were :cool:

The concentrate core is exactly what I was hoping for. I am also glad to see the non-stick tool will come to more uses than cleaning out the tips of my mouthpieces on my T1 line.

I am assuming that just like with the Revolution, the more solid your concentrate the easier for everything and everyone - loading, vaping and leaking concerns. To see you load such a significant amount of what I would consider to be highly viscous material and rail it so many times in such a short period illustrates not only your confidence in the design capacity but also the production capacity on demand.

Nothing short of amazing, as usual. Really looking forward to the second video with all the points you mentioned as well as the liquid cartridge video. I really feel as though this is yet another game changer.

On a personal level these two cores and material applications are what made my experience with the T1 line fundamentally transcendental. It is legitimately amazing to see the first truly portable version of a high quality convection style personal vape for loose leaf, but as far as my main concerns: warm up, draw duration, vapor production, medication delivery, load capacity (all of which contribute in their own ways to overall discreetness) the concentrate core is the dream come true :)

Going to shoot some Liquid vaporizer shots. this is our roots, glycerol vaping. Our friends at the Pacifica Patient Resource Center provided us with some very nice glycerol to test out in the Cera Liquid vape for the video.
Slightly off topic, but when I ordered my original AVA I requested information on a TET approved mfg/vendor for these liquids/flavorings and was left to my own resources - which simply pointed me back to querying the hive mind here at FC. I would be interested in seeing an "approved" mfg/vendor list that meets TET criteria for quality standards for your liquid cartridge application.

PB88123

Vaporist
Please tell me I can order the Cera with just the EO cart? How much can it hold?

In the video, "This is a gram. I'm not going to put it all in there although I could."

Take your pick (Be sure to check battery and charging kit too.) Built to last and as battery technology gets better the vaporizer run time will just go up.

Stainless Steel $294 with charger and battery
http://thermovape.force.com/IdaProductDetail?id=01t50000001qeFxAAI

Titanium $544 with charger and battery
http://thermovape.force.com/IdaProductDetail?id=01t50000001qeEsAAI

You can run it upside down. Sealed Interface. Nothings perfect but we have made a serious effort to make an oil vape that will not leak under routine use. You can run it flat out, upside down.
I'll be sure to hit it when I'm dangling upside down on a ride next summer. Hope I don't drop it!!

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!

At this rate a "full kit" probably won't be out until at least next year, TET keeps dropping bombs on their modularity and accessory possibilities. I do understand your concerns completely, being a Canadian customer and basically requiring everything to be in one shipment for custom duties. Although with the rate at which they (don't) sleep, who knows... :ninja:

I think an offering of the base along with the 3 options of use attachments, a battery and the charger was where I was heading towards with my inq. Basically to save a few pennies as well as the benefit of a simple click.

I'm not totally concerned about having to wait a bit longer, as I suspect the options of Ti only is going to end up being a bit of a longer release anyways ;)

So far we've got AC adapter, an offering of skins estimated in various color treatments, it's your best guess as to what else may be coming down the pipe, errr the highly engineered vaporizer pathway, as it were :cool:

Not too worried about the AC adapter myself as I'm used to constantly charging Li-Ion batts with my ecigs and Solo anyways.

The concentrate core is exactly what I was hoping for. I am also glad to see the non-stick tool will come to more uses than cleaning out the tips of my mouthpieces on my T1 line.

I am assuming that just like with the Revolution, the more solid your concentrate the easier for everything and everyone - loading, vaping and leaking concerns. To see you load such a significant amount of what I would consider to be highly viscous material and rail it so many times in such a short period illustrates not only your confidence in the design capacity but also the production capacity on demand.

You and me both !! that concentrate core has me drooling big time !! Although I'm kinda scared at the same time to try those kind of hits with 'my' stuff since a .01-.03 smacks my brain hard in a dab. And my stuff isn't viscous at all.

Nothing short of amazing, as usual. Really looking forward to the second video with all the points you mentioned as well as the liquid cartridge video. I really feel as though this is yet another game changer.

Me too.... so far I'm really impressed with the two cores shown and this 3rd (for e-liquids) is a deal closer for me to conclude it an all in one device.

On a personal level these two cores and material applications are what made my experience with the T1 line fundamentally transcendental. It is legitimately amazing to see the first truly portable version of a high quality convection style personal vape for loose leaf, but as far as my main concerns: warm up, draw duration, vapor production, medication delivery, load capacity (all of which contribute in their own ways to overall discreetness) the concentrate core is the dream come true :)

As I said..... that concentrate core is STELLAR !!

Slightly off topic, but when I ordered my original AVA I requested information on a TET approved mfg/vendor for these liquids/flavorings and was left to my own resources - which simply pointed me back to querying the hive mind here at FC. I would be interested in seeing an "approved" mfg/vendor list that meets TET criteria for quality standards for your liquid cartridge application.

Hmmmm, a TET criteria ?? I need to know more about this because as far as I'm concerned e-juice is e-juice that is either VG based or PG based. Now you got me wonder.....

CheerDub, once we get a response on this, and if your in Canada, I'm pretty sure I can help you out in finding good Canadian juices to acquire ;)

So how many folks are going to have to fend off their significant others using the Cera, after they get busted ordering it? :D

Certainly not ME..... this is MY life :nope: :uhoh: <--- I can say that because she doesn't partake nor read these sort of forums :rofl:

vapor 4 life

Can the oil cart be torched like you did with the Loose leaf cart? is the oil cart all metal? I thought it was ceramic but looked metal. Is it safe to get the stainless version red hot with a torch? Please describe oil cart cleaning process. I know with the current Dart I am scared to go thru airport security with it because I have never had it clean completely with boil and Iso. Also can I order a stainless unit with stainless loose leaf but With titanium oil cart? website does not seem to allow this? I am very excited by this oil cart. Looks like the portable nail i have been wishing for. Credit card in hand I just want to hear a little more info...

vapor 4 life,
Reactions: Pipes

jambandphan03

in flavor country
vapor4life, you should go check out how the TET website is layed out, just click on the loose leaf Cera and look at how all the options are layed out for you, might answer some questions and give you pricing.
http://thermovape.force.com/IdaHome

...I really want one of these... starting to consider selling off my INH to help the cause, we shall see... the timing isn't so good for me, trying to get my VAS spending under control... is there a VASA out there for us addicts? :lol:

jambandphan03,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

NoddingDonkey

Oil, Glass & I'm a bit of an ass
I want to pull the trigger on this but damn its pricey $800 for Ti leaf and oil options + a spare mouthpiece & 2 extra batteries...ugh. Seems like the absolute best product on the market right now though. I'm sure I'll talk myself in to it in a few hours/days.

dorkus_molorkus

the website says.

In comparison to stainless steel, titanium is light and stronger with resistance to small space corrosion. Titanium is a good choice for those that are active and will be enjoying their Cera outside. If you enjoy being outdoors for hiking, camping or other excursions where the device may be subject to water exposure, increased wear and tear we definitely suggest considering opting for the titanium versus stainless. Both are extremely durable and long lasting materials. Either way, both are extremely high quality for use in a portable vaporizer application.>

dorkus_molorkus,
Reactions: OF

JoeKickass

I am SO SORRY.:( The Cera can only be pre-ordered by members who have read the whole thread. I wish I had better news...:rofl:
:p You guys are mean, you try reading walls of text on a little cellphone screen after watching that video, I needed to know NOW! :lol:

And actually it looks like it was a valid concern:
In the video, "This is a gram. I'm not going to put it all in there although I could."

Take your pick (Be sure to check battery and charging kit too.) Built to last and as battery technology gets better the vaporizer run time will just go up.

Stainless Steel $294 with charger and battery
http://thermovape.force.com/IdaProductDetail?id=01t50000001qeFxAAI
Thank you for the gram info, I didn't have sound turned on.
The rest of your info scares me a bit though :uhoh:

Buy their battery if you want but consider that AW is the best brand in batteries and their 2900mah 18650 battery is only $19...
http://www.lighthound.com/AW-18650-Protected-2900-mAh-Rechargeable-Lithium-Battery_p_3671.html

Also this is a fantastic charger: http://www.lighthound.com/Intellicharge-i4-Charger-_p_3956.html
for $25

So for the same money you can get some serious power upgrades if you look online.

"Complete Vaporizer Unit (Heating Core, Switch, Mouthpiece)"
It looks like the flower heater and oil heater are both $100, and what I want is the oil heater only. I'm hoping you get your choice of heater core when ordering... It might not be a lot of money to some but I could get close to an ounce for $100 and to be perfectly honest I wasn't all that impressed with the Cera's flower performance so I wouldn't make use of the flower heater.

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
So what ever happened to Apex Vapor stuff? Will they still be carrying the old battery compartments from T1 and the Alpha line? I still think these would be a great selling item. I want to get a bunch of old stuff (on clearance? :ninja::tup:) to buy to give to friends for holiday gifts and get them to quit smoking. I wish I could afford to buy them all Ceras but that is a gift they can ultimately give themselves (once they know how good this stuff can be!!!) :2c:

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Thank you. Labor of love.

We would consider a full kit the Cera +/- owning all three cartridge options, removable silicone insulating sleeve, batteries and charger if needed. These will ship before the holiday.

You guys will be a large factor in determining what will come doen the flow path... in terms of future accessories.

Works great for loading the Cera. Although any vapor tool will do the trick.

The Cera EO is a PRODUCER. What we feel is the real true advancement id that we can deliver Maximum Vapor Production/Density without the Vapor Being Irritating.Cough Inducing. There is no trickery in our videos, if I would of hit a Revolution or Dab, with large, aggressive inhalations back to back. I would be giving up a lung, and done vaping for awhile. This was our Holy Grail for the Cera EO. Dab density without the heat and potential for irritation and the ability for the Cera to produce that type of dense vapor continuously.

Anthony tried to operate on my standard "Busy Schedule" 1.5-3 hours of sleep/night. two days of that and he is wiped out. He will be in, probably in another hour or two, and then the second vodeo will be up a couple hours after that. I cut out just the section of the cera EO running through a water pipe. I'll post that soon.

Thank you. It may seem cliche, but we as a company, live for the positive feedback of customers who appreciate what we do. There a lot of vaporizers out there, and a lot of companies to purchase from. Those of you who have taken the time to get to know and appreciate our products, contributed to the evolution of the design, really make this whole effort worthwhile.

My own personal biased opinion is to use Vegatable Glycerol (VG) based liquids, manufactured in the USA (Johnson Creek, UltraPure - what I vape in e-cig vids, others), the UK (Intellicig), Germany (several). Look for manaufacturerees who list their ingredients, have a track record of making god liquid, and are ACTUALLY the people making it, not just importing it from China, marking it up 1000% and calling it "Eagle's Pride" e-liquid, or some such BS. There is a lo of that. Just my $0.02.

Can the oil cart be torched like you did with the Loose leaf cart?

Yes. Just remove it from the Cera, and remove the O-rings. The Cart can be safely/conservatively heated to 1000 F continuously. Glowing red is usually a few hundred degrees below that. Just use Propane or Butane torches only.

is the oil cart all metal?

Aside from the removable O-ring. the Cera Oil Cartridge is ONLY Stainless Steel OR Titanium AND Ceramic. That is it, and that is the simple beauty of the Cera Cartridges. Completely free of Plastic/Teflon/Polyamide/Silica Rope/Fiberglass or anything else that could possible contribute to the vapor.

I thought it was ceramic but looked metal. Is it safe to get the stainless version red hot with a torch?

Cera Loose Leaf Cartridge Material = Zirconia
Cera Essential Oil Cartridge Material = SS or Titanium
Cera Liquid Cartridge Material = SS or Titanium

All of these can be torched with a Butane or Propane Torch. Here are the steps:

1. un thread the Cera Cartridge from the Sera Interface/main body.
2. Remove 3 external 0-rings
3. Hold onto the metal threaded base with a insulTED TOOL THAT KEEPS YOU A SAFE DIFFERENCE Be careful

torching is not required for cleaning, just to be clear, there are a number of ways to clean the Cera Cartridges. Pretty much all common cleaning methods are acceptable:

1. ISO/EtOH soak
2. Water based natural agents i.e. simple green and the like
3. Boiling

Also

4. Ultrasonic cleaning
5. Autoclave
6. Gamma sterilization
7. Kilned/Oven

Most folks should probably just pick the easiest one of those for them to do.

Please describe oil cart cleaning process. I know with the current Dart I am scared to go thru airport security with it because I have never had it clean completely with boil and Iso.

Only 3 parts of the Cera come into contact with the vapor. This is a device you can clean and take through airport security. Take a Cera cart to 1000F for a few minutes... good as new

Also can I order a stainless unit with stainless loose leaf but With titanium oil cart? website does not seem to allow this? I am very excited by this oil cart. Looks like the portable nail i have been wishing for. Credit card in hand I just want to hear a little more info...

This bug will be fixed in the next haf hour. Then you will see the Ti cart as an option on the Cera SS product check out page.

can someone explain steel vs titanium? i couldnt find a clear answer in the thread...

Titanium has the following material benefits over Stainless:

Lighter weight for comparable strength. Titanium can be thought of as having a weight more similar to aluminum, while have strength the same as/exceeding steel.

Ultimate corrosion resistance. Titanium is the material of choice (among high strength metals) for extreme, long term corrosion resistance.

Titanium is also more resistant to oxidative degradation.

There are other differences. Weight, corrosion resistance, and the desire to frequently torch the cart. If these are big factors for you, Ti would be the choice. Both of these materials are exceptional, the highest grade, and US sourced.

Cheers.

Noah

JoeKickass

We would consider a full kit the Cera +/- owning all three cartridge options, removable silicone insulating sleeve, batteries and charger if needed. These will ship before the holiday.

Would you consider selling the Cera with the option of choosing the oil heating core and not the flower heating core?

Pretty please? :brow:

"Complete Vaporizer Unit (Heating Core, Switch, Mouthpiece)"
It looks like the flower heater and oil heater are both $100, and what I want is the oil heater only. I'm hoping you get your choice of heater core when ordering... It might not be a lot of money to some but I could get close to an ounce for $100 and to be perfectly honest I wasn't all that impressed with the Cera's flower performance so I wouldn't make use of the flower heater.

JoeKickass,

JoeKickass

isnt that what this is??
That's what I'm hoping, but try clicking on the oil cartridge, it will add it on as an extra and you're looking at $350.

I just saw "Complete Vaporizer Unit (Heating Core..." and "Completely insulated Stabilized Ceramic core" in the info and the oil cartridge certainly isn't ceramic... when I click add to cart I don't see an option to select the flower or oil cartridges so I just want to be sure it's possible.

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Would you consider selling the Cera with the option of choosing the oil heating core and not the flower heating core?

Pretty please? :brow:

We do, you can pretty much set it up how you want. Just pick the base model to start i.e Cera loose leaf, Cera Essential Oil, Cera Glycerol. You can then tailor tour kit from the product check out page.

We can anyone with any check out issues, email us at info@thermovape.com or call us1-888-428-VAPE (8273) ask for Zeki or Jen.

Cheers,

Noah

ThermoVape,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom