Discontinued Thermovape Cera (Original thread, closed because of chaos)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdmiralAlpacha

i saw the 199 as well, id guess centizen's guess that he may have raised it to avoid any possible disappointment would be the most likely situation

AdmiralAlpacha,
Reactions: deadc0ffee

2clicker

Observer
i just wanna know more about it. i remember TV saying their next portable "will make desktop vapes obsolete". that makes me think there is an AC adapter for sure and hopefully it will come with the kit.

anxiously awaiting more info.

i would love to hear something about a trade up offer for the new kit.

2clicker,

Norlin

Classic Rocker
As previously mentioned, the mouthpiece looks way too short. Perhaps it extends and retracts so we only need one piece for both regular and vaporbong useage? Doubtful.

Norlin,

bopper

You can get into Stainless Steel version for $249.99 ...

Hi Tim,

The Cera sounds great and the details are eagerly awaited.

The one point that gives me pause is that the price seems to have been changed since first posting. I believe that you posted $199.99 for the Stainless Steel yesterday. Why the quick change?

Thanks for responding.

Best,

bopper

bopper,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Hi Tim,

The Cera sounds great and the details are eagerly awaited.

The one point that gives me pause is that the price seems to have been changed since first posting. I believe that you posted $199.99 for the Stainless Steel yesterday. Why the quick change?

Thanks for responding.

Best,

bopper

I'm assuming at this point they are still trying to figure out the best option for the price; perhaps planning on selling different models at different prices. I think Tim just wants to play on the side of caution so that people aren't given hopes of a price lower than actuality.

I think that we should all stop focusing on what was quite obviously a mistake on Tim's/TCT's part; as it does nothing but discourage them from sharing any other cutting edge information about their vaporizers for fear of letting something else slip. Yes, it was 199. Now it's 250. Why? A reason - theirs; and that is all that matters. Let's let them come to us and not squeeze the soap too hard.

bopper

Hi CentiZen,

Thanks for the alert. I'm new here, having lurked for a bit to get the lay of the land, and responded to the entry on an earlier page before reading to the end of the thread. My apologies for the repetition.

As one just surveying the field before getting the right portable vaporizer for my family's needs, it was not reassuring to witness the promised website opening yesterday, nor to see an immediate price change. How hard is it to get it together a bit before presenting to the public? :)

No offense intended, but providing products of fine quality does not remove the responsibility to also provide accurate information. The best companies, which Thermo clearly aspires to be, are able to do both. ;)

Best,

bopper

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Yeah, let's be honest... we'd still pay $250 for it if it can give the Pax/Inh a run for their money. Even better with the peace of mind of knowing it's a TV product ;)

Although I'm wondering if the all-white (ceramic?) piece will cost $299.

OR MAYBE IT'S AN FC SPECIAL PRICE SNEAK PEEK

PLEASE LET IT BE THAT

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
If I had to guess bopper, they have a long history here and know the people like being teased. That makes it fun. I think it is the culture of this site. I could be wrong of course but that has been my experience. They didn't do it on the site and the site was closed down to upgrade to the new products which also is just a tease at the moment.

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
No offense intended, but providing products of fine quality does not remove the responsibility to also provide accurate information. The best companies, which Thermo clearly aspires to be, are able to do both. ;)

For sure; but we should also not forget that these companies are run by humans, and humans make mistakes. Perhaps Tim misunderstood the MSRP as the bulk price, or misread an email or something. I just don't think that we should further inflame the issue by bringing it up more and more, as instead of solving the "human issue" TCT may just decide to forgo forum marketing entirely.

I hope I didn't come across as being irate or mad at you directly; because I'm not. I'm just trying to help people to see the wider situation and that focusing on this often is probably detrimental to the forums relationship to TCT in the future.

TheRobbo

Wow wow wow I had finally scraped enough Pennies together to order a T1 and a dart only to find they had sold out and have been patiently waiting for some news for what feels like for ever. If I thought I was excited to get my dirty little mits on a first gen I honesty think my head its gonna explode now I have seen the Cera.

I mean seriously one picture and basically no detailed information I know that it will be released when they are ready but in the mean time... Argh!!!¡¡¡!!!

TheRobbo,
Reactions: OF

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
I'm itching to know what heater core changes have been made. The fact that TET have moved away from direct switch contacts to a device containing electronics, indicates some radical changes for sure. Also, for 100% ceramic vapor path indicates that the heater must be isolated somehow behind a coating of ceramic? thus in theory would take more power rather than less, IMHO very interesting. This must be a very cool ceramic material.
The suspense is killing me.

Pipes

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
I will probably wait for black to show up, if I am going to pay for one of these. I like the idea of SS finish, but I found the less flashy the better when it comes to stealth.
Titanium is a pretty dull metal, and as long as it doesn't sacrifice performance, would be my choice rather than stainless steel. And if the bottom section is the only part that has visible metal, it will probably be "concealed" in your hand no matter what metal it is. That said, remember that titanium is very costly to machine, so it probably will be the more expensive piece in the line...

Tweek

I think it looks like an exciting concept, but I won't be buying. My T1 & Evolution are only a few months old. I was really hoping for some improvements that I could upgrade to without dropping another wad of dough on a whole new system. What sold me originally was the fact that all of their parts were interchangeable. Guess I will have to see what kind of developments are around the corner...:\

Krazzykid

I think it looks like an exciting concept, but I won't be buying. My T1 & Evolution are only a few months old. I was really hoping for some improvements that I could upgrade to without dropping another wad of dough on a whole new system. What sold me originally was the fact that all of their parts were interchangeable. Guess I will have to see what kind of developments are around the corner...:\

Don't give up just yet. I'm pretty sure I read in the Revolution thread a while back that Tim said it WOULD be backwards compatible(don't quote me on that though). You may need an adapter but I think you may not have to buy a whole new kit. I'm really hoping that's the case anyways.

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
I would cry out in joy if I could get the Cera liquid atomizer and be able to use it with the Ultra. Maybe, maybe not...

Quetzalcoatl,

lesvape

Queer in a high haze
Looks pretty good. How big is the bowl area for flowers? What about size vs the standard TV.

lesvape,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom