Discontinued Thermovape Cera (Original thread, closed because of chaos)

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadc0ffee

Inquisitive vaporist
i have a feeling that the mouth nipple presses down like a volcano mouthpiece which in turn activates the power. definitely could be wrong, it's happened before, but it's my guess for now.

that is pretty nifty!

Yep. Clay really. You'd be surprised how many things it ends up in. Serenity's got more than a few ceramic parts in her.
I would love a firefly/serenity edition.

tepictoton

This sure looks great...wonder what more exciting things we will find out about it in the comming days. I am going for short trip to Madrid this weekend, so I will not be able to check this again before monday, will for sure be interesting...

hope they will have a kit including both loose leaf and oil vapes...still loving my lv dart, but as always, new things on the horizon are nice:2c:

hope we get more information about the internals soon...

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Anyway, moving down (left), hmmmm, four sets of two holes at 90° from each other. Air intake, for sure (?), but why is the top hole smaller than the bottom hole in a given pair of holes? And then there's the button. I assume the power button. And Tim mentioned something about the rating for the "non-illuminated" version of the button; does that mean there's an illuminated version as well? And a safety interlock for the button? Where? Or is the bottom somehow involved as OF speculates? Maybe Tim will illuminate us with actual on/off/safety instructions, once he gets some sleep and gets a break from working in the shop.

I think that the smaller hole is an air intake, while the other hole will be similar to the hole on the back of the MFLB; rather than an air intake, it's a vent for hot air to induct out of to prevent thermal buildup below the heating element.

As for the button; I think what he meant by that is that the manufacturer of the button that they are using in the Cera offers more than one version; and the one that they are using is the non-illuminated version. Since an illuminated light needs to have an LED incorporated into the buttons power circuit, that vastly decreases the amount of power that can be put through it without damaging it. However, a single 18650 battery would not be able to get to a high enough output to cause damage to either. It's just theoretical limits.

Not sure about that lock though...

Moving down (left), there's a nice taper for the hand (Hi Jam :)) and a metal bottom, also appearing to be threaded into the main body. Is this the way to change batteries? (Unscrew the bottom metal piece and get access to the battery). And look carefully at the very bottom (all the way to the left in the above picture). What's that all about? It's obviously a smaller diameter from the rest of the metal part of the bottom "cap". I can't even begin to speculate if it's only cosmetic or if it serves some greater purpose that we can't discern from the single picture we have.

Two things come to mind. First thing I thought is that it's a cap for the battery compartment like in a flashlight. Then when I noticed the other separation band that didn't make as much sense. Then I though, they could be cathodes and anodes for a simple drop in charger like the Pax. Wouldn't that be sweet.

mods: Will we lose all the messages when this thr
ead gets moved to the mainstream?

If the thread is just 'moved' like most are then yes; but if TCT decides to delete this post and make a new one like the VXH team did than probably, yeah.

CentiZen,

darkrom

Great Scott!
I do not want to wait any longer this is brutal haha. To top it all off I have an 18650 sitting here that has never been used :p

darkrom,
Reactions: OF

Dangus

Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
"The Cera family of vaporizers"

Looks great so far, psyched to see the rest of the family!

Dangus,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I can't wait to see more pics of the internals and how this thing works. I hope the TV guys have been resting up, so they can get back to giving us info :lol: I saw this posted on their FB page as well, but nothing more than what we got here.

jambandphan03,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
i just found this thread and read it pretty quickly.... was this question ever answered (i saw i wasn't the only one wondering the same thing)...

is this one unit that will do both dry flowers and oil?? or is it two separate units meaning you have to buy multiple items do do both??

after looking at the website... i can only assume from the reading it is actually 3 different products :( there goes my hope of buying one unit that can do all three. i would think it is impossible to have a unit do all three without changing some parts, but i would LOVE to be able to spend one price on a unit and get the interchangeable parts as a "whole system" instead of having to 1) buy the battery, 2) now buy a cart for flower, 3) then have to buy a cart to do oil, 4) then have to buy another cart to do e-juice/liquids

$
+$$
+$$$
+$$$$
=$$$$$$$$$$ :(

Cheerful Dub

Spaced Station
Ceramic, titanium, new cells made to TET standards, what the flop :bowdown:

The only lingering criteria I have yet to see satisfied is a custom carrying case of sorts like they offered with the alpha ultralite at one point, although I could see how that could be a little much with different usage scenarios ie multiple cores for flower/oil/liquid, various size containers/droppers, etc.

It would just be so nice to have a place for everything and everything in its place, without having to resort to a pick-n-pack foam box with larger dimensions, particularly if we are going to pony up on brand new gear that is not interchangeable or backwards compatible.

All things considered I am beyond excited to put in a preorder for a ti version, as always I expect the fantastic community will fill in the bits and pieces in between, hats off to TET yet again :clap:

Cheerful Dub,

VapeVoice

Ok, I can't be the only one thats thinking this am I? But, I look at it and all I can think of is people seeing you and wondering why you are sucking on a dildo. I'm sorry but it just looks like something in my wifes night stand lol.

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Ok, I can't be the only one thats thinking this am I? But, I look at it and all I can think of is people seeing you and wondering why you are sucking on a dildo. I'm sorry but it just looks like something in my wifes night stand lol.
Man, you must think about sucking dildo's all day long for that for that to be the first thing you think of ;P

darkrom

Great Scott!
i just found this thread and read it pretty quickly.... was this question ever answered (i saw i wasn't the only one wondering the same thing)...

is this one unit that will do both dry flowers and oil?? or is it two separate units meaning you have to buy multiple items do do both??

after looking at the website... i can only assume from the reading it is actually 3 different products :( there goes my hope of buying one unit that can do all three. i would think it is impossible to have a unit do all three without changing some parts, but i would LOVE to be able to spend one price on a unit and get the interchangeable parts as a "whole system" instead of having to 1) buy the battery, 2) now buy a cart for flower, 3) then have to buy a cart to do oil, 4) then have to buy another cart to do e-juice/liquids

$
+$$
+$$$
+$$$$
=$$$$$$$$$$ :(

I understand. Believe me I do, but like they say you can be a jack of all trades and a master of none...

But in this case I'd rather a master of flowers and a separate master of extracts. For starters I find extracts almost always vape better with more heat than flowers.

darkrom,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Man, you must think about sucking dildo's all day long for that for that to be the first thing you think of ;P
Pretty soon all the good electronics will take on phallic shapes.

THE FUTURE IS HERE!

(begging for price points so I can save money now....)

Dogman

Vaporist Extrordinair
Nope! I caught that too. Tim first posted 199 and then edited it to 249.
I never saw the $199, just the $249. I was wondering what everyone was saying about $199? What up Tim, early adopters discount?

Dogman,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
I never saw the $199, just the $249. I was wondering what everyone was saying about $199? What up Tim, early adopters discount?
I'm assuming at this point they are still trying to figure out the best option for the price; perhaps planning on selling different models at different prices. I think Tim just wants to play on the side of caution so that people aren't given hopes of a price lower than actuality.

Grow up child.
Wow, you must be a pretty irritable person to get so upset over a harmless joke. For the sake of the thread I'll leave it at that. Hope the sun shines a little brighter on you tomorrow.

CentiZen,
Reactions: MrNorml

VapeVoice

I'm assuming at this point they are still trying to figure out the best option for the price; perhaps planning on selling different models at different prices. I think Tim just wants to play on the side of caution so that people aren't given hopes of a price lower than actuality.

Wow, you must be a pretty irritable person to get so upset over a harmless joke. For the sake of the thread I'll leave it at that. Hope things get better for you.
I'm sorry if childish stupidity is lost on me. Things are great thanks! Now let's just toke and move on.

VapeVoice,

ugobo

Can't wait to see more info about the Cera! It looks very promissing! Wonder if my T1 will become obsolute...

ugobo,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom