Discontinued Thermovape Cera (Original thread, closed because of chaos)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OF

Thanks OF, we all know PC troubles can be a pita.
I'm interested in the concentrate re-designed vertical heater core set up. As in how it loads or stores the 1/4 - 1/2 gram load. I'm assuming it is drawn into the ceramic as before?

Yep, tool of the Devil you know......

You understand I've never seen it, right? From the discussions and shortcomings of the design I've given you my understanding. They will use the same special porous ceramic 'sponge' to hold and dispense the goods but there'll be a a LOT more working surface in the game.

As I understand it they'll still be using the same ceramic top plate (called a 'splatter shield???) so performance with kief, bubble and other lower grade concentrates will still be possible but not as useful as with oils and waxes. My understanding is the Revolution/DART was a 'function follows form' deal in that it was a later development designed to fit an existing package. This model has removed that restriction. The goal was for ultimate production of pure vapor with very uniform (and optimum sized) aerosols in it. Remember they're approaching this as a medical exercise. They seem quite pleased with the bench and prototype testing and are confident this is a big improvement in the identified problem areas.

They told me 'four times the capacity', making it up to half a gram per top up.... That's a part of the testing I'm not all that ready for, it usually takes me a while to work though half a gram....

OF

prk

Not to belabor the point, OF, but I think a lot of us on the fence about pre-ordering the new oil cart would greatly appreciate any pictures of it you can manage, as for pretty much everyone here but you and the TV folks it's sight unseen. And given the $99 price tag, I think a lot of us want more info besides "4x the capacity," a few other details, and a CG render. Totally understand your PC difficulties, maybe someone from within TV could step up to the plate here?

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
Yep, tool of the Devil you know......

You understand I've never seen it, right? From the discussions and shortcomings of the design I've given you my understanding. They will use the same special porous ceramic 'sponge' to hold and dispense the goods but there'll be a a LOT more working surface in the game.

As I understand it they'll still be using the same ceramic top plate (called a 'splatter shield???) so performance with kief, bubble and other lower grade concentrates will still be possible but not as useful as with oils and waxes. My understanding is the Revolution/DART was a 'function follows form' deal in that it was a later development designed to fit an existing package. This model has removed that restriction. The goal was for ultimate production of pure vapor with very uniform (and optimum sized) aerosols in it. Remember they're approaching this as a medical exercise. They seem quite pleased with the bench and prototype testing and are confident this is a big improvement in the identified problem areas.

They told me 'four times the capacity', making it up to half a gram per top up.... That's a part of the testing I'm not all that ready for, it usually takes me a while to work though half a gram....

OF
I for one am going nuts trying to imagine what this new concentrate cart will be like...
Personally I think that I will still want to conserve topping up, and so it is my hope that it will work well (hopefully better) than the current system, but I will not be forced to use more actives to have it perform with efficiency.

My usual routine is two stalwart (maybe three) rips in the morning to take me to about 11:00am where I might re-up again. Also I am hoping that each hit will be stronger (than the current system) so that I might use less overall.

I am a little distressed that all of the old stuff is mostly obsolete. I have gotten a few people interested in this system primarily as a smoking cessation device. The ability to either direct them to "a kit" with all of the stuff they need or a single part to adapt what they already have was quite nice. (it also seemed more affordable) This new system will obviously wow people even more than before, but the initial investment is larger and may cause confusion or an outright obstacle to trying it...

Plus if I wanted to change out all of the elements I currently use on the first generation stuff, I would need to spend nearly $500.00 to go all CERA (and be the show-off that I already am known to be...:ninja:

Still patiently waiting for each new crumb of info...

OF

Not to belabor the point, OF, but I think a lot of us on the fence about pre-ordering the new oil cart would greatly appreciate any pictures of it you can manage, as for pretty much everyone here but you and the TV folks it's sight unseen. And given the $99 price tag, I think a lot of us want more info besides "4x the capacity," a few other details, and a CG render. Totally understand your PC difficulties, maybe someone from within TV could step up to the plate here?

You do understand the oil cart does not yet exist, right? There's nothing to take photos of. As soon as it's complete and working I'm sure it'll get it's picture taken 'down the way' at some photographers. The other day when I went in to get the Cera test unit the only working one in the world was at that very photographers (running a little late....go figure). They asked me to wait while they quickly rebuilt the core so I could 'start clean' and that's when the only ceramic washer on planet earth (it seems) broke into three pieces. It's interesting in that I think I got the first built up core with 3 rings. The one that came back only had two (prior version).

They are big on photographs, and pay big bucks to get top notch ones published first. I'm sure when the oil cart is ready to go (I think soon) it will be the same drill, it's going to get passport photos, and a few boudoir shots of course, done before I see it.

If they somehow fail to come up with pictures before I get it, we'll see what we can do. Anyone can put the file on the server.....

I for one am going nuts trying to imagine what this new concentrate cart will be like...
Personally I think that I will still want to conserve topping up, and so it is my hope that it will work well (hopefully better) than the current system, but I will not be forced to use more actives to have it perform with efficiency.

I am a little distressed that all of the old stuff is mostly obsolete. I have gotten a few people interested in this system primarily as a smoking cessation device. The ability to either direct them to "a kit" with all of the stuff they need or a single part to adapt what they already have was quite nice. (it also seemed more affordable) This new system will obviously wow people even more than before, but the initial investment is larger and may cause confusion or an outright obstacle to trying it...

Plus if I wanted to change out all of the elements I currently use on the first generation stuff, I would need to spend nearly $500.00 to go all CERA (and be the show-off that I already am known to be...:ninja:

You and me both. I've got this general idea it looks like the new core, only metal and taller with a socket for the normal MP in the top. In use it looks just like the herb version except the MP. The juice version is, I think, basically the same with different ceramic and heater perhaps. I've never asked the difference here, but that was basically it between Revolution/DART and AVA as I understand.

My take is there may be more 'in limbo' in the larger reservoir but it will now vape over a wider range of levels from the same modest levels we now enjoy to truly nail challenging levels. But without overheating the goods in the process. Noah in particular seems to be really down on that point, the higher temperatures cause deal breaking problems for some medical users.

My feeling is the marketing is shifting to the very 'kit' level you mention. But in kind of an awkward way given the mix of needs (no battery or charger, etc.) Dropping two powers and two of the three batteries from their line points to this. And only one system for juice. It's coming down to one model vape in one of three configurations (or a combination of them). Once the dust settles (and everything is in production) I expect to see a couple of turnkey systems lead the web page with few other options for us to fawn over.

A point I forgot to mention, and here again it does not exist in hardware suitable for photographs, are the two planned adapters to the new threads. IMO the new threads are a much better scheme. They look to be 3/8 inch or so and very 'bolt like'. They thread into a solid stainless steel plate almost 1/4 inch thick in the Cera. No plated brass with fine threads here, you could probably tow your car with this guy. IMO the sort of threads we should be using not some lame hold over from e-cigs (which themselves got bigger and heavier after the connector was standardized).

OF

MarcellusWiley

Dab Trotter
sorry if this is the wrong thread but does thermovape even sell the components for the old model anymore, like the DART cartridge?

All I see on the store now is the Cera

MarcellusWiley,

OF

Hope you all had a good holiday, I know I'm still in recovery and moving slow.

Recovery? That comes after denial, right?

And about this moving slow stuff, I do that a lot and can offer some insight there.....it's better than not moving at all. The Chinese have a saying (don't they always?) 'be not afraid of moving slow, only not moving'.

As far as I know they have discontinued the old line. I have not seen any official posts about it though.

My understanding as well, I've been told as much in fact face to face, but I too can't point to that on the web. As I understand it a few vendors have some stock still so fast movers might score still. OTOH, TV knows us and thinks we'll be so smitten with Cera........

OF

MarcellusWiley

Dab Trotter
Good to know, just interested as i'm selling my revolution kit (cause that cera is lookin so damn purty!) but I never got the DART and wasn't sure how happy the guy would be without it, know of any resellers that still have some I could point him to incase?

MarcellusWiley,

OF

Good to know, just interested as i'm selling my revolution kit (cause that cera is lookin so damn purty!) but I never got the DART and wasn't sure how happy the guy would be without it, know of any resellers that still have some I could point him to incase?

No, I'm sorry I don't. I think someone said Got Vape (not my personal favorite so I didn't pay much attention) some few days ago? Anyone know? My advice is to jump on it if you need one and find it at a reasonable price, they'll be harder to find in the future I bet.

Good luck.

OF

OF,

GReYAReA

Amid The Vapors...
If you are talking about LV, GotVape only has the window rev left in stock. Their system will let you order a DART, but they'll email you its out.

GReYAReA,
Reactions: OF

OF

If you are talking about LV, GotVape only has the window rev left in stock. Their system will let you order a DART, but they'll email you its out.

That should work still. Not only will it work as delivered, but hopefully TV can come up with the DART adapter top for it. Last I heard they had a pile of 'em, it was the tubes that were running short.

Thanks GA, great pointer in a timely (we hope) manner. Is this a great forum or what?

OF

OF,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
vapehead.com has the Dart SV's in stock. Not sure how many they have left though. I picked two up a few days ago and waiting for them to show up in the mail.

Gonzo,
Reactions: OF
From what I can gather it sound like no short order task for TV to have these shipping within the next 3 weeks. If OF has the only working model and it is broken that probably means that no other beta testing has begun amongst the other testers. Not to mention that the oil cart doesn't even exist yet.

I'm hoping that TV can get these things sent out by early December because I know a lot of our members are more willing to push the limits than others. I'm really excited to see what some people who are willing to video/photograph the device will show us. I know there are a lot of people on here who will try and mod the hell out of this thing and I'm excited to see what they come up with.

This ship date just can't come soon enough!! We want answers!!!! :rockon:

Futuretvowner,
Reactions: Bluntcrush

2clicker

Observer

ive got an SV dart core id be willing to find a new home for. he would still need to source a dart top, but surely TV still has a few of these laying around. prolly could just email them about it.

i will be keeping my LV dart and T1 base. lethal combo that setup. ill will get a Cera for flowers... but the cera oil cart with a 1/2G capacity sounds really great.

OF

Gentle Friends,

In one of those 'only in America' stories the TV guys replaced the defective core for the test unit seamlessly. I couldn't get free to go get it, but one of 'the guys' jumped on his trusty motorcycle and drove it out so I could have it earlier. I don't think this is part of any new Customer Service policy, however.....

The short if it is I was finally able to try it out.....it's a winner if you asked me. It's going to take a lot more testing but IMO it's got great potential.

For a first run I planned a 'worst case' technique. I filled up with some nice OG Kush, ground fine not packed but level with the top of the bowl. I turned it on and just let it sit for 30 seconds and left the power on full time as a new user might. I got a taste of flavor on the first pull, which improved to full flavor and solid vapor by the third as you'd hope. Then I let it roll (again as a 'no brainer' technique). Hitting it until there was absolutely nothing left (15 maybe even a few more hits). It got plenty warm but even then the little mouthpiece bit that sticks out stays cool enough.

I didn't time it, but it was on continuously for well over five minutes.

So my initial take on the initial bowl is even with very poor technique you can get good results. It is not a vape for new users to fear as I see it. Respect the hot parts of course, but it will definitely deliver the goods and be awfully 'user tolerant' in the process. Once a better technique is worked out (and maybe a lower power heater?) I'm sure it can be even more effective. I seriously doubt many would want to use it the way I just did for long, but IMO it says a lot about the machine that it can do it.

Suddenly TV's decision to end their old line long before these guys are ready makes more sense to me. They no doubt discovered in the development and prototype testing that they were on to a good thing. The old stuff, good as it is, will be basically rendered obsolete by Cera I think. They've got another winner going here, guys.

Now to do some poking around with to figure it out (if I can). Hopefully before the oil version is ready. Very exciting stuff. I'd like to say 'worth the wait' but that's a pretty subjective valuation....let's leave it at 'I expect most owners will consider it worth the wait'? It won't please all, but it should please most very much.

OF

JoeKickass

Hope you all had a good holiday, I know I'm still in recovery and moving slow.

:cheers::puke::leaf::love:

Never do you appreciate cannabis more than after a hangover...

The short if it is I was finally able to try it out.....it's a winner if you asked me. It's going to take a lot more testing but IMO it's got great potential.

How did the taste fair as the bowl went on? Fresh flavor until the end or did you get some abv taste at some point?

PB88123

Vaporist
Very nice @OF. Did everything come out looking done? No stirring? No clogging? No decrease in performance as you got up there to the 10-15 hits? Do you have any glass to see how well it mates with it? I read over in the reddit thread that it should fit perfectly so that's good (one less thing to buy).

OF

How restricted is the draw? Is it more like the Evo or the T1?

Good question. Trying each in turn, it's more like T1. That is more restricted than evolution.

Did everything come out looking done? No stirring? No clogging? No decrease in performance as you got up there to the 10-15 hits? Do you have any glass to see how well it mates with it? I read over in the reddit thread that it should fit perfectly so that's good (one less thing to buy).

Yes, very well done, over done in fact most would think. I roasted it to death. Maybe 20% black. No stirring needed, it seemed uniformly cooked when I picked down through it. No hint of clogging. It's basically a big UFO with four ports not 8. The vapor goes through the notches in the rim of the bowl around the head of the mouthpiece under the cover (between o-rings) taking the third right angle turn through one of the four radial ports into the central bore of the MP and out (fourth turn). The first 3 turns naturally purge back into the bowl, I would guess some small debris might make it into the MP?

The flat face of the cap around the MP does seem to seal well with the 14mm GonG connector on my WP but if I was going to do this much I'd put a short (half inch?) long piece of tube on the MP to improve the seal and keep from chipping the glass with the ceramic MP. Remember, this is the stuff they make tooth crowns out of, in a butting match the glass will loose.

OF

OF

No decrease in performance as you got up there to the 10-15 hits?

Sorry, I just realized I forgot this part. Yes, of course it tapered right off. The taste went first, then by hit six or so the vapor was mostly gone but I kept hitting it harder and harder going after the tiny bit left like might happen to see if it would combust. Or get flat out too hot to deal with. About the time it goes to zero, it's too hot to mess with much more anyway. IMO well balanced.

Please excuse me, time for another test I think. Work, work, work....

OF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom