• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Thermovape Cera (Original thread, closed because of chaos)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krazzykid

FWIW I don't think the cartridge has any Titanium parts, I think they're talking about the metal parts of the body. I don't see two types of carts listed. I suspect their metal parts in the carts are going to be brass still since it machines so well and is so appropriate to the use. It may be Nickle plated again, in fact I'd expect that.

OF

On the site it shows this part http://thermovape.force.com/IdaProductDetail?id=01t50000001qeEtAAI

It says "Essential oil cartridge (titanium)". Although it may be an autocad rendering, it still leads me to infer that the outer shell is made of titanium (hence the $199.99 price tag). I understand that the inner workings are most likely ceramic, but on it's way out the top it would still make contact with the metal (titanium?) outer shell. So that would put the metal in the vapor path wouldn't it?

Edit: Now if the inside of that outer shell is completely lined with ceramic then they could still call it an all ceramic vapor path, but if there is exposed metal then I don't see how that is possible.

Perhaps a top view picture of the cartridge could show otherwise, but as I see it right now it doesn't look like an all ceramic vapor path.
If that outer shell is not completely composed of titanium then why does it cost $100 more for all the titanium carts?

Krazzykid,

PB88123

Vaporist
On the site it shows this part http://thermovape.force.com/IdaProductDetail?id=01t50000001qeEtAAI

It says "Essential oil cartridge (titanium)". Although it may be an autocad rendering, it still leads me to infer that the outer shell is made of titanium (hence the $199.99 price tag). I understand that the inner workings are most likely ceramic, but on it's way out the top it would still make contact with the metal (titanium?) outer shell. So that would put the metal in the vapor path wouldn't it?

Edit: Now if the inside of that outer shell is completely lined with ceramic then they could still call it an all ceramic vapor path, but if there is exposed metal then I don't see how that is possible.

Perhaps a top view picture of the cartridge could show otherwise, but as I see it right now it doesn't look like an all ceramic vapor path.
If that outer shell is not completely composed of titanium then why does it cost $100 more for all the titanium carts?

That's the computer rendering of it and this is the finished product of the herb cartridge. I would think it'll look like this on the outside of the essential oil cartridge.

7ueOS.jpg

The top would look like this.

Project_Cera-326_large.jpg

There shouldn't be any exposed metal on the essential oils cartridge either. Once they get a picture uploaded we will know for sure.

PB88123,
Reactions: Egzoset

OF

OK, first off thanks for the correction. Of course, now that I look at it again...... We've been here before, the four setscrews screw into a metal plate. Ceramic doesn't thread well, the screws are really being used as pins to retain the heater in the core. The dark part is really ceramic, check out the photo in Haywood's post 214 on page 9. That's the old style body, the new one has 3 rings not two (I wonder if that's what the delay is about??) but the part is ceramic clearly.

Like I said, we've been here before, I just forgot that part and was thinking the four screws were part of the switch I guess.

Anyway, so it looks like the heater is built up on the SS or Ti plate and retained in the core assembly by the four screws. I remain convinced that hot air never touches SS or Ti, however it does hit the heater, at least some of it does. Vapor happens after all the metal is passed. Only ceramic and incidental contact with the rings.

Thanks again, guys. That must be it. We're paying extra to have a few parts outside the air path made from really keen metal seems to me.

OF

OF,

Krazzykid

That's the computer rendering of it and this is the finished product of the herb cartridge. I would think it'll look like this on the outside of the essential oil cartridge.

7ueOS.jpg

If it is all ceramic on the outside then why is there a titanium version, and how does it cost $100 more than the stainless version. If only the bottom screw connector is metal then how can it possibly cost an extra $100 for that little amount of titanium?

Krazzykid,

PB88123

Vaporist
Here is some info on why someone might want all titanium for those who are curious. From thermovape.com

What are some differences between Stainless Steel and Titanium?

In comparison to stainless steel, titanium is light and stronger with resistance to small space corrosion. Titanium is a good choice for those that are active and will be enjoying their Cera outside. If you enjoy being outdoors for hiking, camping or other excursions where the device may be subject to water exposure, increased wear and tear we definitely suggest considering opting for the titanium versus stainless. Both are extremely durable and long lasting materials. Either way, both are extremely high quality for use in a portable vaporizer application.

OF

If it is all ceramic on the outside then why is there a titanium version, and how does it cost $100 more than the stainless version. If only the bottom screw connector is metal then how can it possibly cost an extra $100 for that little amount of titanium?

The design calls for a metal support for the heater I think. Machining Ti is extremely expensive, as is the material itself. It's right at the limit of our being able to work it, for practical purposes you can't melt it so there are no cast parts. Forging such small pieces is not cheap either as I understand it, and machining it is costly and slow. If the setscrews are Ti as well I bet they're five bucks each themselves?

Anyway, short answer is Titanium is very expensive and very hard to work with. $100 is probably quite real.

OF

OF,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Is this true OF?

I'd pay to see that if it exists.... I can see it now:

OF (responding to the answer): "Who is Einstein? ..... oh, and by the way, did you know that he didn't receive the Nobel prize for 1921 until 1922? And it was for the photoelectric effect of all things, Alex... most people have the silly notion that he earned the Nobel prize for Special Relativity, or even General Relativity... I met a girl named Quantum one time in a dive bar in Thailand, Alex.... Let me tell you that she knew hew physics, but I digress.... Silly world, this.... Fun stuff, Alex.... fun stuff to be sure......"
:peace:
Now this is funny. Good one Stu.

Pipes

Pipes,
Reactions: OF

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Yup, I think Brother Stu has captured the essence all right.

I do ramble a lot, usually get there. Sometimes not. Sometimes I'm not sure where I am....or how I got there. Sometimes when I'm in the right place I can no longer remember why.

Goo job Stu, the accident isn't quite right though....work on it.....

OF

For the record, OF I think your "rambling" is one of my favorite things about this entire forum. Even when you are writing about stuff I will never understand, I am always entertained by the presentation. For that I thank you.

I'm glad you didn't take my post the wrong way, my friend. ;)

:peace:

OF

I think some one realize on spell cheque too much.

Yeah, but not using it is not pretty, trust me. I've been there.

Sometimes my brain and fingers get out of sync I figure. You do understand the 'd' that didn't belong there started out as the fourth letter? Somewhere I figure I realized 'shit, I forgot the d' and decided to add it there. Better late than never? Brain damage, pure and simple. Next step is to let mister computer fix the spelling and go. Easy, you can do it if you practice I bet.

For the record, OF I think your "rambling" is one of my favorite things about this entire forum. Even when you are writing about stuff I will never understand, I am always entertained by the presentation. For that I thank you.

I'm glad you didn't take my post the wrong way, my friend. ;)

Wow, cool. Thanks very much, that's of course why I do it. To entertain you. Don't tell these other guys, though, let's let them think they're really are enjoying it too? At least for a little while.

Not to worry, those few who might take your posts seriously have made up their mind about me long ago.....

Thanks for caring, though. Happy Veteran's Day, Bro.

OF

JoeKickass

The design calls for a metal support for the heater I think.

I'm pretty sure the titanium version is going to have an outer titanium shell at the least, maybe a soild titanium body...
What are some differences between Stainless Steel and Titanium?

...titanium is light and stronger... Titanium is a good choice for those that are active and will be enjoying their Cera outside.... where the device may be subject to water exposure, increased wear and tear we definitely suggest considering opting for the titanium...
That suggests to me the main advantage is going to be drop/impact resistance and durability over the brittle ceramic body.

JoeKickass,
Reactions: OF

OF

The body will still be mainly ceramic on either model though correct?

Yup, that's my take. The photos are not showing metal except the switch parts. I expect the ring and the bottom, perhaps the button, and the sliding rod for the 'safety switch' will be all that normally shows.

It looks a bit wasp wasted to me, meaning a cover won't work since it can't slip on. Not to mention you'd have the expansion issue again.

Could be wrong, of course, but soon we'll have more than photos to go on.

OF

OF,

JoeKickass

With the ceramic that is almost as "hard as diamond" will the titanium really make a difference?

That's why I made sure to say brittle. Think about glass or rock, very hard indeed, but a tendacy to shatter or break rather than bend or dent like metal...

JoeKickass,

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
Hi,
I would like to know if there is a reservoir if e-lequid when we use the cera has an ecig.

And how do we fill the cera with e-lequid?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

The "atty" itself holds at minimum 2X the capacity as our older AVA's. But we are thinking about a "res" type option in the future.

TIM
I have something that is bugging me here. I was just about to pre order the Cera essential oil and I'm confused how this thing has an "all ceramic vapor path" ? The site shows the cartridge for it is either stainless steel or titanium, so how is that an all ceramic vapor path if the vapor starts in a metal cartridge?

I am still looking forward to buying one of these I am just curious on that issue is all.

The "Vapor" starts at where you put your material in the devices, this area is entirely ceramic on every size. The heater is below this area in what some call the kiln, it is upstream from the bowl and isn't in the Vapor Path of what your vaporizing.
I'm pretty sure the titanium version is going to have an outer titanium shell at the least, maybe a soild titanium body...

That suggests to me the main advantage is going to be drop/impact resistance and durability over the brittle ceramic body.

The Cartridges are made from your choice of either SS or Ti and Ceramic, that's it. There is a chance it may have a brass contact washer on the base but other than that it is made from the same material as the metal shown on the outside.

Both the Stainless Steel and the Titanium version use a Ceramic main body, even the Loose Leave always has a ceramic body so that it maintains the ceramic vapor path.

The body will still be mainly ceramic on either model though correct?
Correct

With the ceramic that is almost as "hard as diamond" will the titanium really make a difference?

Of coarse! Titanium is significantly lighter than SS, plus Ti has a different kind of luster that i personalty REALLY like!

Cheers,
Tim

SameOldTim,
Reactions: ShipDit
How will this vaporizer be loaded if you are vaping essential oil? I liked the DART because of the ease and quickness of loading as well as the efficiency of such a loading system. How will this work, will any tools be needed to fill this vape with oil (such as dental picks or metal funnels)?

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
How will this vaporizer be loaded if you are vaping essential oil? I liked the DART because of the ease and quickness of loading as well as the efficiency of such a loading system. How will this work, will any tools be needed to fill this vape with oil (such as dental picks or metal funnels)?
Loads the same as the DART, right from the top. You will only need a poker to load it, nice and easy.

I'm going to be on FC chat if anyone has any quick questions too BTW.

Cheers,
Tim

buchee

First time poster, longtime lurker. Hi everyone. I made my pre-order on friday for the Cera Essential oil with eliquid cart, charger and battery. Just a quick question. For those who have ordered did you get a confirmation email? I havent gotten one yet so i wanted to ask here first before emailing the company. TIA.

buchee,

JoeKickass

The Cartridges are made from your choice of either SS or Ti and Ceramic, that's it. There is a chance it may have a brass contact washer on the base but other than that it is made from the same material as the metal shown on the outside.

Both the Stainless Steel and the Titanium version use a Ceramic main body, even the Loose Leave always has a ceramic body so that it maintains the ceramic vapor path... Of coarse! Titanium is significantly lighter than SS, plus Ti has a different kind of luster that i personalty REALLY like!

Cheers,
Tim

I am still confused, have we seen any pictures of this "cartridge"? I can only see ceramic:
slide3_image.jpg

Maybe it's just the button/switch part that's made from titanium or steel?

But I have to admit I'm surprised... that's a lot of money for not a lot of titanium...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom