Discontinued Thermovape Alpha Ultralite

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Welp, my switch appears to have stopped working. The cart still operates fine as I'm able to run it on Ego batteries. I've tried cleaning the shell and resetting the switch. Any other ideas?

I literally just sent TV an email about this today. Mine works about 1/10 times. Frustrating? Hell yeah, especially considering I don't have any eGo batteries on hand.

Quetzalcoatl,
I literally just sent TV an email about this today. Mine works about 1/10 times. Frustrating? Hell yeah, especially considering I don't have any eGo batteries on hand.
I'd love to know what advice they suggest. I don't even get 1/10 on the Ultra at the moment.

I did have a leaking cart a little while back, I wonder if its related? Itworked fine after an n ISO initially, but for the past few weeks I've been getting nothing.

kingofnull,

Quetzalcoatl

I'd love to know what advice they suggest. I don't even get 1/10 on the Ultra at the moment.

I did have a leaking cart a little while back, I wonder if its related? Itworked fine after an n ISO initially, but for the past few weeks I've been getting nothing.

Hey, me too actually! Leaked two or three times with the AVA, sometimes one drop is enough, sometimes one drop is too many. I'm worried that it somehow got into the innermost part of the spring. Hope they've got a couple of spares for us. I'll post back when I get a reply.

Quetzalcoatl,
Glad I posted tonight, looks like we've found the cause of the problem. There doesn't seem to be any way of getting the spring out of its plastic case.

kingofnull,

Quetzalcoatl

Glad I posted tonight, looks like we've found the cause of the problem. There doesn't seem to be any way of getting the spring out of its plastic case.
Got an email earlier. Told Zeki the spring was messed up and he sent me this:

"We can make the necessary repairs to the device. Please send it in..."

Asked if all he needed was the spring (I hope so) and I ended up falling asleep and the post isn't opened now so I can't do anything about it today.

Quetzalcoatl,
Thanks Q I'll fire one off tonight too. Hopefully they can RMA this fast for us. Let me know if they okay just sending in the spring. Thanks :)

Quetzalcoatl

Thanks Q I'll fire one off tonight too. Hopefully they can RMA this fast for us. Let me know if they okay just sending in the spring. Thanks :)

"I would recommend sending in the entire device just to have us inspect it while it's out of commission anyways. You never know if something could be out of spec."

Quetzalcoatl,
Reactions: OF

Quetzalcoatl

Whoop! Went in late Friday to send her out, didn't ship till Saturday, got there Monday, and it's shipping back today! Thanks TV!

VapoRoor

DAB-a-DAB I'll dooooo
I've been looking at batteries for my newly obtained Ultralite thanks to Loblaw, :tup:and I came accross 600 mah 10440 batteries.
Please forgive me, as I am the worst at understanding technology.
But my questions is, will the increase from 350 mah to 600 mah improve battery life or just run the current at a higher rate?
pretty vaked, so I hope this makes sense!
Happy 4th Americans! :razz:

VapoRoor,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I've been looking at batteries for my newly obtained Ultralite thanks to Loblaw, :tup:and I came accross 600 mah 10440 batteries.
Please forgive me, as I am the worst at understanding technology.
But my questions is, will the increase from 350 mah to 600 mah improve battery life or just run the current at a higher rate?
pretty vaked, so I hope this makes sense!
Happy 4th Americans! :razz:

What brand of batteries are the 600mah. If they are trustfire/ultrafire they are probably closer to the 350mah batteries and wouldnt be worth the money. Those companies are known for inflating their ratings...anyway loblaw seems to know his stuff. Im sure if there were better options he would have already had them. Plus my Aw Imr 14500 batteries for the ultra are 600mah and the big complaint with the ultralite was the battery life so If there were comparable batteries available for it Im sure more people would be seeking the ultralite

OF

There's a fair number of 10440s that don't work very well in our (high power) conditions. While I haven't tried such 'wonder batteries' I share others' doubts. Still, worth a try?

OF

Quetzalcoatl

Gotta send mine out tomorrow, forgot today :(

Hey bud, got mine back today! She's workin' perfect now! I sent everything minus carts and battery. I think they cleaned up the threading on the switch housing and the outer body tube, they look shinier than I remember when it was sent out. The switch looks a little bit different, too. Looking at some old pics I took of it, either the black plastic housing has been made a little shorter or the spring/switch bit was elongated... either way it works perfectly now!! So happy!! The only thing it cost me was shipping it out to them, a couple bucks. First experience with getting my stuff serviced by the team, easy as cake.

Thanks a bunch Zeki and TET!! :nod: :clap:

Quetzalcoatl,
Hey bud, got mine back today! She's workin' perfect now! I sent everything minus carts and battery. I think they cleaned up the threading on the switch housing and the outer body tube, they look shinier than I remember when it was sent out. The switch looks a little bit different, too. Looking at some old pics I took of it, either the black plastic housing has been made a little shorter or the spring/switch bit was elongated... either way it works perfectly now!! So happy!! The only thing it cost me was shipping it out to them, a couple bucks. First experience with getting my stuff serviced by the team, easy as cake.

Thanks a bunch Zeki and TET!! :nod: :clap:

They tell you what was wrong with it by chance?

kingofnull,

Quetzalcoatl

They tell you what was wrong with it by chance?

Nope. Threads feel the same (maybe a little bit smoother?) but all the package contained was my unit and a packing slip. The switch looks new, and comparing to the pics I noticed the spring wraps around once more than in the picture, and the switch looks brand new. No other modifications that I can tell... so it was probably the switch. Nice of them to check it all out for me, though, and free too!

Quetzalcoatl,

VapoRoor

DAB-a-DAB I'll dooooo
What type of charger do you guys&girls recommend for charging:

AW IMR 10440 batteries? (for Ultralite)
&
AW Protected 17670 batteries? (for T1)

I would prefer buying only one charger and using the one charger for both batteries.

:rofl:

VapoRoor,

OF

What type of charger do you guys&girls recommend for charging:

AW IMR 10440 batteries? (for Ultralite)
&
AW Protected 17670 batteries? (for T1)

TV sold (and I used) the WF-188 for both those uses. Both use 3.7 Volts for the right hand setting, the 10440 uses 300mA, the 17670 600mA on the left side switch.

OF

VapoRoor

DAB-a-DAB I'll dooooo
Is it true ultrafire has a bad rep?
A few posts back some batteries I found weren't trusted by a few members.
Said it was advertised at the wrong mAh?

VapoRoor,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Is it true ultrafire has a bad rep?
A few posts back some batteries I found weren't trusted by a few members.
Said it was advertised at the wrong mAh?
Correct, they are usually marked way higher than they usually test out at. The majority on here will recommend AW IMR or AW protected Li-ion batteries for the ultra/ultramax.

I just received a 840mah sanyo Li ion protected battery for my Ultra im going to try out. Charging right now but i will report back later.

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Wowee! This battery is amazing! It is a little longer than the AW batteries. When i put it in the first time it actually started heating without me realizing/pushing the switch. I put my fingers on each end and kinda smushed the ends together and now you need to press the switch(barely) to turn it on. But at least its not turning on by itself still. It glows fast and the battery is a beast. Taken 10 (20-30 sec)hits so far off of it and its still working like it just came off the charger. I think i can at least get another 20 hits before i need to charge it. Will report back with actual results. Ive been keeping a tally sheet so i dont forget

If anyone is interested i purchased it from zebralight. There is a warning on the battery that says do not use above 60C but im hoping thats for legal reasons. I have not had any issues so far, but have only been using it for 2 days

VapoRoor

DAB-a-DAB I'll dooooo
TV sold (and I used) the WF-188 for both those uses. Both use 3.7 Volts for the right hand setting, the 10440 uses 300mA, the 17670 600mA on the left side switch.

OF

How about the intellicharge i4? charges 10440, 17670 as well, and around 4 other types of batteries.
Too good to be true? or is it worth a shot??

VapoRoor,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
For $22.49 id say its worth a shot. However its probably gonna take longer to charge the batteries then the WF-188

Mynameismud,
Reactions: OF
Wowee! This battery is amazing! It is a little longer than the AW batteries. When i put it in the first time it actually started heating without me realizing/pushing the switch. I put my fingers on each end and kinda smushed the ends together and now you need to press the switch(barely) to turn it on. But at least its not turning on by itself still. It glows fast and the battery is a beast. Taken 10 (20-30 sec)hits so far off of it and its still working like it just came off the charger. I think i can at least get another 20 hits before i need to charge it. Will report back with actual results. Ive been keeping a tally sheet so i dont forget

If anyone is interested i purchased it from zebralight. There is a warning on the battery that says do not use above 60C but im hoping thats for legal reasons. I have not had any issues so far, but have only been using it for 2 days

Where did you snag this battery?

kingofnull,
Top Bottom