Discontinued Thermovape Alpha Ultralite

DKits

Right on, thanks! You guys are quick :). Any idea how well this would work on a THC stick v2 from gentleman's brand? It's my first vape pen..

DKits,
Reactions: Tweek
I just spoke with the guys at TV today and had a very good experience. Seemed like most of the team was there at the time because they'd just call out answers to my questions :lol:. I love when companies have good customer service. It makes me feel better about spending my money with them.

Just in case anyone was wondering, they are planning on rebuilding DARTS in the future for warranty service and at a cost. That's a big :tup: from me.

Right on, thanks! You guys are quick :). Any idea how well this would work on a THC stick v2 from gentleman's brand? It's my first vape pen..
It'll fit, I don't know how effective it will be. I plan to test my DART on a couple of EGO batteries I have laying around (Twist included) in addition to the Alpha, so I'll see how that works.

farscaper

Great they will rebuild. Love my ultra so far.. Fuck im high...

Dont need the actual dart at all IMO better off with a ufo or moisture mouthpiece and maybe a little tool in the case or pocket... Secret... Shh its why i used to always have safty pins on my sleeve... Roaches and bowls lmao... Need another battery and i want another cart and a ufo mouthpiece... Off to email!

farscaper,

DKits

It'll fit, I don't know how effective it will be. I plan to test my DART on a couple of EGO batteries I have laying around (Twist included) in addition to the Alpha, so I'll see how that works.

That's what I thought, I suppose I should buy one and see how it works! Really tempted to purchase an alpha ultra though...

DKits,
Great they will rebuild. Love my ultra so far.. Fuck im high...

Dont need the actual dart at all IMO better off with a ufo or moisture mouthpiece and maybe a little tool in the case or pocket... Secret... Shh its why i used to always have safty pins on my sleeve... Roaches and bowls lmao... Need another battery and i want another cart and a ufo mouthpiece... Off to email!
I'm really pleased they decided to continue rebuilding. Shows they really stand behind their product. They even said they'd rebuild a SV to LV for the same price.

I love the idea that the dabber is built into the dart :shrug: less stuff I have to carry around the better.

That's what I thought, I suppose I should buy one and see how it works! Really tempted to purchase an alpha ultra though...

Better move fast. TV pretty much told me this is the last opportunity to buy them.

kingofnull,
Reactions: OF

farscaper

Sigh, did i overfill the cart and clog it all up? Battery says its full on charger, but no activity when activated.... No visual signs of elemet heat and no temp change in the feel of the cart. Will boiling it fix this?

farscaper,

sfld

make sure the switch is making contact, try spinning it while its pressed up or removing the o ring and running it that way

sfld,

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
Sigh, did i overfill the cart and clog it all up? Battery says its full on charger, but no activity when activated.... No visual signs of elemet heat and no temp change in the feel of the cart. Will boiling it fix this?
make sure the switch is making contact, try spinning it while its pressed up or removing the o ring and running it that way

Correct, make sure the switch is making contact fully to the core. To "reset" the switch first remove the core then remove the switch and the oring, then place the oring into the interface and set it all the way down (use a pen or a poker to seat it) then re install the switch and put the core back on. Give that a shot.

Cheers,
Tim

farscaper

O ring inside tje switch housing? Or should there be an oring on the outside where the battery casing is touching it? There is no,oring between the case and the switch housing,on,my alpha... The housing screws down flush aginst the battery sleeve... I also posted a pic in,the revolution thread pf my cart... There was a question about the notch in,the ceramoc core

farscaper,

OF

O ring inside tje switch housing? Or should there be an oring on the outside where the battery casing is touching it? There is no,oring between the case and the switch housing,on,my alpha... The housing screws down flush aginst the battery sleeve... I also posted a pic in,the revolution thread pf my cart... There was a question about the notch in,the ceramoc core

The ring is in the bore around the outside of the switch. Pull the switch out (toward the battery) and you'll see the ring.

OF

farscaper

So, i had a chance to try my dart on a different battery and it worked fine. that is not the issue.

When i tried a different cart on my ultra it did not work either. I have tried it with and without the o-ring as well as unscrewing and re screwing in different patterns the battery sleeve switch housing and cart. i can also comment that when i plug my battery into the charger it reads green as if the battery is full and shuts off. I know the battery has at least some use on it after its last charge because i was using it when it quit. i have one of the black 750mAh 14500 batteries. do you suppose the battery is dead? i charged it full when it arrived and then i used it til it had trouble performing over the course of 4 hours minimum. then i charged it to green again and used it some and that is when it quit working. i put the battery in the charger thinking maybe i just ran it out of juice, and that is when it acted like the batter was full.

What do you think?

If it is batteries will these work? they are actually 900 mAh and 6 bucks a pair
http://www.focalprice.com/EB320O/Ul...gclid=CNn51ODVk7QCFYKPPAodBzMAlw#.UMfX1-TLQfU

farscaper,

bopper

Correct, make sure the switch is making contact fully to the core. To "reset" the switch first remove the core then remove the switch and the oring, then place the oring into the interface and set it all the way down (use a pen or a poker to seat it) then re install the switch and put the core back on. Give that a shot.

Cheers,
Tim

Thanks Tim.

That concise explanation turned out to be timely indeed when our Ultra/Dart combo conked out mid-load a little while ago. After reseating o-ring and replacing switch, it works like a charm. This clean, mechanical device is fun, if just a bit twitchy, but we love it. :D

Best wishes to TET for a long and creative corporate life.

Best,

bopper

bopper,

sfld

Farscraper, is it working?? what i do when my switch fails is take it out the ultra and take the o-ring off. I get a rubber band or paperclip and hold the switch on the on position. I then let it sit in some iso and swirl it around for 20 min. Once i take it out i press it off and on rapidly while twisting the connection (rubbing both contacts together) and then rinse under water / blow it out with my mouth and walllah it works again. I run an e cig tank and also dart for waxes so it gets dirty now and then. Hope this helps

farscaper

SO, i need to get a new battery and here are the two options i have thus far

first off i have found a source for the identical battery i got:
http://www.lighthound.com/AW-14500-Protected-Rechargeable-Lithium-Battery_p_96.html

Let me mention that there is a "possibility" at this point that the battery was bad, yada yada so since its 10 bucks and i may have already experienced issues, u get the idea... but it did come with it.

Then there is this:
http://www.batteryjunction.com/protected-14500-lithium.html

which is cheaper, but i have no experience with this so if someone with a little knowledge could educate me on why the first would be better than the second i would be very grateful.

on a side note, TVT has offered to reimburse me for the cost of a battery if i find a replacement, and they of course offered to have me send it in and get it all checked out.:tup:

I am going to grab the batteries first and see if that fixes it... i was gonna anyway right? :rolleyes:

Edit: These have also been recomended if anyone wants to vote in their favor
https://www.canvape.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=14500&Submit=Search

farscaper,

farscaper

Driving a DART with an Ultra? IMO this is the one you want:
http://www.lighthound.com/AW-IMR-14500-LiMN-Rechargeable-Lithium-Battery_p_3644.html

It's what came with mine, it's the flat out winner at delivering maximum power.

OF
Bingo Bango OF that's what i wanted to here! I actually thought that was what I was gonna get with mine... i bet the 150 extra mAh for my battery takes up a little more head room in the battery sleeve... i also am willing to bet that that is why the sleeve is so hard to hold up... there just isnt enough room to get the "I moved forward" feeling so it always sorta feels awkward... but if i loosen the threads on the batt so that there is a gap and push it forward it feels much less strained and much more natural.

I will be getting these for sure. as well as an adapter and some more 2.4 omi carts as per your suggestion some time ago. this will be most rocked on car trips!

Thank you OF :rockon:

mephisto

TET still has the Ultra and LV darts left for sale. After seeing all the fuss, I bought an Ultra last week. It absolutely rocks the dart!!!! So, I checked to see if there were more available, and dammit, I bought another. Just in case....... Thanks OF, Jammie, and the rest of you's. Got all day, stealth medication from the Ultra/dart(one battery/one filling). Got to remember, less is more. Been overfeeding my original dart for months. Tried to load the new one with more restraint, and BLAMMO!!!! Get 'em while you can.....

sfld

usps says my dart will be here today and yet the mailman already came with a diff package from another vendor.

i hope usps doesnt mess up lol my ultra has been getting lonely

sfld,

farscaper

You're very welcome. Sounds like you're on the right track......good times ahead.

OF
Cant wait... actually, i had some good times... bummed me out for a whole day trying to cipher what the trouble was... but it was only because i was ripping so well with that little puppy! :love:

farscaper,
Top Bottom