• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Yocan Thor Portable Enail

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
So I found this on line the other day and it seemed interesting. It's a portable e nail with a new style coil called "Nero" Technology. I'll follow up with the sciency shit but I wanted to say this mutha hits like a tank. It runs off an 18350 mod and is completely wireless. It has a universal adapter to attach to water or if your out of your mind you can dry Dab!

With a price tag of a $129 I felt nessesary for the sake of science to buy one. Here are some tech posts from Yocan as well as some pictures for you guy's to enjoy while I continue strict experimentation!

It came well packaged. It had a lined interior case protecting the Glass Mouthpiece, 2 extra coils, and the device itself.

20140904_094725_zps3bqziuur.jpg

Here she is sitting on my clear.

20140904_143649_zpsram5ropd.jpg

20140904_144253_zpsouprbawa.jpg

20140904_144524_zpslpfn9ekb.jpg

It has a single button control that can take you to 1300 in less than a second.

20140904_144540_zps3ageloz8.jpg

20140904_144550_zpsbzlfler3.jpg

With the glass dome.

20140904_144621_zpsubcqop3b.jpg

Universal Adapter

20140904_144634_zpsb7bekypt.jpg

Video's to come soon.

But for now enjoy this....

farscaper

So I found this on line the other day and it seemed interesting. It's a portable e nail with a new style coil called "Nero" Technology. I'll follow up with the sciency shit but I wanted to say this mutha hits like a tank. It runs off an 18350 mod and is completely wireless. It has a universal adapter to attach to water or if your out of your mind you can dry Dab!

With a price tag of a $129 I felt nessesary for the sake of science to buy one. Here are some tech posts from Yocan as well as some pictures for you guy's to enjoy while I continue strict experimentation!

It came well packaged. It had a lined interior case protecting the Glass Mouthpiece, 2 extra coils, and the device itself.

20140904_094725_zps3bqziuur.jpg

Here she is sitting on my clear.

20140904_143649_zpsram5ropd.jpg

20140904_144253_zpsouprbawa.jpg

20140904_144524_zpslpfn9ekb.jpg

It has a single button control that can take you to 1300 in less than a second.

20140904_144540_zps3ageloz8.jpg

20140904_144550_zpsbzlfler3.jpg

With the glass dome.

20140904_144621_zpsubcqop3b.jpg

Universal Adapter

20140904_144634_zpsb7bekypt.jpg

Video's to come soon.

But for now enjoy this....

oh my god dude! I have had that popping up on my ig feed for weeks! how is it... should I go this route over the 710 whip!? wish I could come over ive been emailing the manufacturer to no avail.

fuck I wanna try that!

farscaper

Like he said...^^^
:rofl: im glad im not the only one.

its got a nichrome plate for a heating element so no wick or wires.

looks like the vapor canctravel down the tubes around the outside...

can they be removed or cleaned?

seems to have even a 10mm adapter which is good cause I have some 10m rigs. I can't remember if the 710 whip had 10mm fitting.

batteries so no cord but how long will it last I wonder?

farscaper,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
I don't think it's nicrome. If it is it's an alloy of it I have never seen before. The unit I was handling had a very bright, thin foil as its heating element which leads me to believe its probably FeCrAlloy.

farscaper

I don't think it's nicrome. If it is it's an alloy of it I have never seen before. The unit I was handling had a very bright, thin foil as its heating element which leads me to believe its probably FeCrAlloy.
hmmm I coulda swore in the video he said it was a nichrome sheet or something... I will look for it... while I do... heres another video I found

farscaper,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Alright my friends, my vibrating ass has been playing with this thing for a day. Does it replace an e-nail? No. But with that being said, this fucking thing is awesome. I will take some more pics as promised tonight if I can stop using using it! Here a list of what I can share now, both positive and negative.

Essentially all this thing is is a Cera on steroids. It packs a bit of weight to it but quite honestly it feels strong and I kind of like that. I was pleasantly surprised when I counted and was able to pull nearly 13 dabs before the battery showed any degradation.

The core is quite different from anything I've seen @CentiZen - I imagine friends like you would certainly endure a boner upon first glance of YT. (No worries, I did too!)

The universal adapter is somewhat flimsy. Not from a build standpoint but the measurements on glass joints are just slightly off. On my 65t she fits well so I recommend if you using it with your big boy 18's!

As far as taste I recommend a light burn off in the beginning, it had a slight hint of ass but that quickly faded and the taste was very similar to any thermovape product. Of course with a bang.

Be warned, this fucker uses a ton of oil. While your getting used to the press of the button (the only way to gauge temp) - yes this can be tricky at first but eventually I'll convince one of you fuckers to buy one and teach me how to use it.

Replace coils run about 20 - 30 bucks for a pack of 5.

Welp, back to studying - once again - IMO, grab one now. I see them hitting 179 on retailers sites already. For the buck, can't lose!

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
@mephisto - I know EXACTLY who you got it from cause that's what I paid. He ships quickly, coming from NY should be in your hands Monday.

@DieHard - ive reached out to the manufacturer asking for a material list showing me what's been used in the design. Once I hear back I'll be sure to post.

As far as the airpath I can tell you it's cut and dry. The pillars around the actual device are the path air travels through. Nothing goes anywhere inside the unit. I was impressed how they actually isolated it like that. @Vicki - this would not be a device I'd recommend for you. It's heavier than you would like and the button could be tricky and may aggravate your wrist.

I'll be sure to post more info and the video soon.

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
Given that it's a Yocan tech product I can't help but wonder if it will show up on fast tech in a couple weeks on the cheap. I do wonder a bit about specs on resistance for that heater. If you can feel battery degradation in a dozen dabs it must really be sucking the juice quick out of that little 18350. Too bad the tube isn't telescoping to an 18650, that would be the :shit: . The 350 makes me a bit concerned about over taxing the battery, venting, and thermal run away.

@mvapes any way you could get a meter on that element? This thing looks really bad ass. I have been keeping an eye out on their smaller pen size units that are supposed to use this same Nero heating element design.

mephisto

I don't think an actual visual shot of the element was shown, yet. It looks like a thin piece of foil to be honest. It glows orange instantly when you depress the button. The unit is large and feels well built. It vaporized everything off of the element, and my extract is a bit darker than most. No evidence anything was there, ready to load another. From a small portion, I was able to grab 4 hits through my bubbler. Better flavor than I have been getting from my quartz/torch.....The fitment of the joint is adequate for my 18mm female . The temperature threshold is quite good for my needs, I am finding that lower is better for me.
If you are on the fence about this device, I would grab one before they get more exposure and the price skyrockets. Think I will gift away some of my torch/quartz gear. Thanks again for the exposure @mvapes

Last edited:

mephisto

It would seem to translate to burnt, indeed. I believe there is such a thin layer of this Nero tech film that the heat is quickly and directly changing the extract into a vapor. In other words, between the mass of your extract and the relative quick heat shedding nature of this element, nothing gets overheated to burnt. The element has very little mass, so as you draw, the heat is being pulled away/out of the element. If one were to load a large serving, and then lean on the power for a prolonged time this may cause a scorch/burnt condition. I feel that the massive heat surge combined with the surface area available cause the goods to be annihilated/vaped without time to burn. Don't know if the "Leidenfrost effect is at play as well. I suspect it is.

Maybe a different analogy: When the button is pressed, the extract "gets up" and dances around just above the element until it is no more. If the extract physically laid in the element while heating I see it slow roasting and burning. Come on over, I'll let you try it out. My apologies for the obseqious response, quite medicated from the last 4 smacks of Thor's hammer. This device won't hit everyone's needs, but it puts the torch/quartz combo out to pasture for me.

It will take more testing, but it appears the Thor will tolerate extracts that are not top-shelf performers in the
"foil test" Which means just about all of my tarry, chlorophyll laden, qwet goodies.

2clicker

Observer
It would seem to translate to burnt, indeed. I believe there is such a thin layer of this Nero tech film that the heat is quickly and directly changing the extract into a vapor. In other words, between the mass of your extract and the relative quick heat shedding nature of this element, nothing gets overheated to burnt. The element has very little mass, so as you draw, the heat is being pulled away/out of the element. If one were to load a large serving, and then lean on the power for a prolonged time this may cause a scorch/burnt condition. I feel that the massive heat surge combined with the surface area available cause the goods to be annihilated/vaped without time to burn. Don't know if the "Leidenfrost effect is at play as well. I suspect it is.

Maybe a different analogy: When the button is pressed, the extract "gets up" and dances around just above the element until it is no more. If the extract physically laid in the element while heating I see it slow roasting and burning. Come on over, I'll let you try it out. My apologies for the obseqious response, quite medicated from the last 4 smacks of Thor's hammer. This device won't hit everyone's needs, but it puts the torch/quartz combo out to pasture for me.

It will take more testing, but it appears the Thor will tolerate extracts that are not top-shelf performers in the
"foil test" Which means just about all of my tarry, chlorophyll laden, qwet goodies.

sounds pretty cool i must say. and im instantly thinking... where can i get my hands on some of this film?

Top Bottom