The WISPR vaporizer

The shill vaporizer review sites are like a fucking paradigm, I don't know when or how or why they all started popping up but they're everywhere now.

charliedontsurf,

lwien

charliedontsurf said:
The shill vaporizer review sites are like a fucking paradigm, I don't know when or how or why they all started popping up but they're everywhere now.

Which further justifies our existence here, eh?

lwien,

Hai_Rypo_T'head

Why smoke and die, when you can vape and fly?
I don't surf either Charlie, I don't know the meaning of 'shill', and I don't know the whereabouts of West Beerland (but it sounds like one of the less salubrious neighborhoods of Sydney.) :D

I've decided against a Vapir NO2 (too big), the Wispr (too elusive), and go for the Arizer Solo (metal and glass, rechargeable batteries, adjustable thermostat), instead. As the YouTube video shows, it fits nicely in the hand.

If you believe in psycho-kinesis, please raise my hand. :cool:

Hai_Rypo_T'head,

Samo_T

herbalvaporizerreview.org/vaporizer-review/portable-vaporizers/magic-flight-launch-box-vaporizer/

:rolleyes:

That WISPR review is what I would expect to see as a product description on GotVape, lol.

Samo_T,

lwien

Which begs the question, does GotVape deserve to be on our "recommended retailer" list, being that they resort to such practices?

We should probably get back to the Wispr though, eh? Gettin' a bit off topic. Just hate to see deceptive crap like this going on.

lwien,

frogbmth

I second that GotVape need to be accountable for this sort of crap, it's nothing short of conning your customers.

As soon as I get my hands on a wispr I will do loads of pics and a video. I like my iolite and the i-inhale before it, what I want to see is how it compares performance wise to the IO. I like the gas window and the fact that they say off means off rather than off means run on for a while until I feel like turning off in my own time thank you. Also want to compare how warm it gets to hold and see the two units side by side.

It's still a gas vape with no temp control, so I think comparing it to an MFLB or a variable temp vape is pointless. Those things are obvious for the would-be purchaser as deal breakers or acceptable features. All that matters is whether the vapour production is better and does it light every time etc. It will be many months before we know whether we get as many people complaining about failure as we do with the old IO. I suspect we will get just as many with gas flow issues using crap butane.

I'm not peeing my pants with excitement over the design, but I still want it.

frogbmth,

Hai_Rypo_T'head

I returned my first iolite after less than 9 months because it reached the stage where I had to push the ignition button up to 30 times before I could start it. The screen was also almost impossible to change and I bent my hand tool (I'm referring to the brass one), to remove it. O & B were happy to send me a new one a few weeks ago, and it's already showing signs of the old problems. I just tried and failed to ignite it after 30 attempts. I turned it off, warmed it between my legs, tried again, and it started after 6 attempts.

I'm now torn between the Wispr, that won't (?) be available till next month, and the Arizer Solo, that seems to have it all all aluminium constructon, glass mouth piece, adjustable temperature with 7 settings, and a 2 year warranty. The downside? At AUD330 (compared to AUD250 for the iolite), from australianvaporizers.com.au, it's expensive.

The MFLB comes in useful as a standby.

Hai_Rypo_T'head,

SD_haze

Hai_Rypo_T'head said:
I returned my first iolite after less than 9 months because it reached the stage where I had to push the ignition button up to 30 times before I could start it. The screen was also almost impossible to change and I bent my hand tool (I'm referring to the brass one), to remove it. O & B were happy to send me a new one a few weeks ago, and it's already showing signs of the old problems. I just tried and failed to ignite it after 30 attempts. I turned it off, warmed it between my legs, tried again, and it started after 6 attempts.

I'm now torn between the Wispr, that won't (?) be available till next month, and the Arizer Solo, that seems to have it all all aluminium constructon, glass mouth piece, adjustable temperature with 7 settings, and a 2 year warranty. The downside? At AUD330 (compared to AUD250 for the iolite), from australianvaporizers.com.au, it's expensive.

30 times to ignite? Its the butane you're using man!!
Or you're not letting it warm up properly after refilling it.

SD_haze,

Hai_Rypo_T'head

@SD_haze. Maybe you're right. I usually use Ventti, made in England, marketed by Swedish Match Australia, www.ventti.com.au. "suitable for" over 38 gas lighters, from Ben Wade to Zaima. I'm told they're all X5 purified. I'll try the only other brand (yellow container, I forget the brand) available out here in the country.

A warm up definitely helps, especially now as it's winter here in Australia.

Hai_Rypo_T'head,
Hai_Rypo_T'head said:

30 clicks is pretty out-there terrible. When I use my friend's newer model, well maintained Iolite, a second click is a freak occurrence. You may have a defective unit or the 5x butane you're using may be made to an exceptionally low standard, I suppose.. And between the Wispr and the Solo, I'd definitely go solo. As for the price, contact rockwise and he might give you the 10% discount and a lower shipping rate, but I can't speak for him. I'm also not going to dismiss the idea that the Wispr will be improved, but at its price point, it's very uncompetitive.

MFLB shouldn't be a standby for the Iolite, IME it produces better vapor, more of it, and with less waste. Do you have good batteries, and if so are they getting long in the tooth? A new set of batteries can make all the difference in the world with the MFLB, as I learned myself very recently. I find it to produce better vapor, cost less, has a lifetime warranty, and is far stealthier, so I think it's a better vape for me.

charliedontsurf,

Hai_Rypo_T'head

Thanks for the useful info Charlie.

And BTW, I hope you read my comment above, that was meant to amuse you: "I don't surf either Charlie, I don't know the meaning of 'shill', and I don't know the whereabouts of West Beerland (but it sounds like one of the less salubrious neighborhoods of Sydney.)"

But I trust we agree that life's too short to drink warm beer. :cool:

Hai_Rypo_T'head,

SD_haze

RE: 30 clicks guy
I've had my iolite for well over a year and I still can get it to ignite on 1-3 clicks.
A lot of it has to do with the technique of how you're clicking.
You dont want to click real fast, you want to kind of hold it there.

I've been using 5x Vector butane but ive recently heard that 5x butane might be bad for torch lighters and *also* the iolite? And instead you should use a 3x, with 5x being only useful for making BHO.
If someone wants to clarify id appreciate it~

ife's too short to drink warm beer.
Unless you're in europe.
Most brew @ room temperature :p

With finer brews it brings out the full flavor~

SD_haze,

max

Out to lunch
Hai_Rypo_T'head said:
... I usually use Ventti....
You could try a different brand, but I doubt you'll see a difference. Ventti is good quality.

max,

Hai_Rypo_T'head

Hi fellow Wispr warriors (worriers?, wanters?). For the time being I've decided against a Wispr I've ordered an Arizer Solo instead. Interested fellow Aussies, go to www.australianvaporizers.com.au. Enter 'Arizer Solo' in the search box, and discount code AUS-FC10 at the checkout, to save A$33.

Happy vaping. :peace: :)

Hai_Rypo_T'head,

ManFlies352

The front page of "gotvape" has a contest running to win a free WISPR but they are also saying that the WISPR comes out June 27th. When you actually go to the WISPR order page it still says it comes out July 13th and on the delay email we got for the pre-order it says the WISPR ships July 15th. So far i'm seeing 3 release dates for this :/

ManFlies352,
A vaporizer contest which requires you to use your facebook? Don't people know what a terrible idea that is given the nature of social networking and the product?

charliedontsurf,

1nvnx3

I had an Iolite but I sent it back, buggy.
The WISPR sounds interesting but not without a good warranty and customer service. Iolite customer service took 2 weeks to answer my email... and sent the wrong answer.
Amazingly MFLB is still the strongest portable IMO.

1nvnx3,

August West

Just wait till you try a Arizer Solo. OMG.....more excited when it came today than I was when I got my Iolite.....the one that currently doesn't work and the one that the company won't fix.
Almost was considering a wispr but when I hear about the Arizer and read all the good posts on FC I was sold....oh and that FC10 discount sure helped too.
I predict the Arizer Solo will prove to be the new standard in portable vapes. Just hope those Ion batteries prove to last. It's really a cool little unit.

August West,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
My iolite is also not working as good as new. I used the european Ronson (whick is thought to be good) and now after about a half year of a heavy use, also about 10 clicks plus minus.

Seek,

Hai_Rypo_T'head

['I predict the Arizer Solo will prove to be the new standard in portable vapes.']

Hold your horses August. The build quality of the cast aluminium Solo is evident, but it's also more bulky than the (high grade) plastic iolite, and has to be kept upright to stop the loose-fitting glass diffuser tube falling out (with the loss of your precious herbal remedy or rose petal potpourri.)

And the iolite is the more convenient and versatile, and less conspicuous when used in public. Ditto(?) the forthcoming, improved(?) iolite Wispr.

Thought for the day: Why drink and drive when you can vape and fly? :cool:

Hai_Rypo_T'head,

ShadowLink12

Activist
My first ever vape was the iolite, I never found it to be all that impressive, but the design idea and portability is unmatched. I love my MFLB, and there is truly no better portable out there, but the batteries are a serious issue when you consider something like a backpacking trip or for group use with people that have never used it before. The idea of the iolite that you can grab a can of butane and be good to go for a long trip is a really appealing idea...lets just hope the wispr can offer up vastly improved performance. In addition, the hissing better really be less of an issue, I have used my MFLB in a crowd with not a single person thinking twice about what is going on, I would never pull that with the iolite because of the hissing.

I am eagerly waiting for reviews to see if I will be picking up this vape as my camping/group use on the go vape....I will also be waiting for vape world to carry it, I have had amazing luck with them in the past, great customer service, and I have no interest in take my chances with got vape.

ShadowLink12,

VappyWorld

Vape Expert
Retailer
tuttle said:
What I want to know is if this version will ignite at higher altitudes. My iolite gets really sketchy at anything over 6000'

Actually, one of the main upgrades about the Whisper is that they are solving the altitude problem, pretty neat right.

VappyWorld,

VappyWorld

Vape Expert
Retailer
Hey Guys here is some news about the Whisper.

Regarding its "small/weak" hits (which I agree the old Iolite was guilty of). Oglesby and Butler has upgraded the temperature control on the Whisper so it is meant to produce more Vapor... I tried one, the first thing I noticed was the thicker cloud of Vapor that came from the unit, it was quite substantial for a portable vape. This change is due to its bi-metal regulator that is thermostatically controlled. Instead of the old Iolite constantly fluctuating in temperature and having to wait for the butane to cycle through, this one provides a more steady temperature which means a more constant thick vapor. Cool stuff...

Also, don't know if it was cleared up yet, I did skip some pages in this thread but I was reading that the Whisper was retailing for 400 plus? To my understanding the Whisper is going to retail at $269.99. Physically, the Whisper is not too much larger than the Iolite though it doesn't feel quite as discreet it is more "boxy" so it doesn't slide into a pocket as perfect as the Iolite did. :cool:

Peace

VappyWorld,
Top Bottom