• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The WISPR vaporizer

SWIM has a Wispr 2 and absolutely loves it, has gotten great results with it with herb and solid concentrates in addition to the benefits of no longer being a slave to nicotine, saving money, using less and being much healthier as a result.

They were wondering about the ABV produced by the unit which apparently heats to 210c, it's normally quite dark brown after a vaping session. They'd had a degree of positive results eating the (pretty cashed) ABV mixed with crunchy peanut butter (and would recommend it on pancakes topped with seeded raspberry jam!), but had wondered if they had vaped significantly less and then ate it, how long would the herb need to be in the chamber to decarb/activate the 'plant matter' for best edible effects.

Would there be a certain number of pulls/draws to take or a specific length of time for the bud to remain in the chamber going through the heating cycles for best results or would anyone like to share their opinions (or opinions they've heard) on the subject?

Mercurial vapors are in my closet, what a trip. More of an adipure type guy.

Anyways.

I would think one or two quick pulls to help the heat saturate the load would be sufficient..

Cheers for the reply, SWIM will give it a whirl and possibly mix some of the less vaped with an amount of the usual ABV.

My favourite boots were Umbro Speciali Pros...for me it's all about the quality and softness of the leather upper after regular treatment with dubbin! (I think they're 100% kangaroo leather...)

I actually chose my username as I was described as mercurial in a match report once...I did think the play on words was quite clever though! Haha.

Edit: Oooh look...

http://www.soccerbible.com/performa...ciali-eternal-the-boot-too-good-to-stay-away/

vidaloca

hello guys my iolite WISPr loses gas , being under warranty I wish I could use ... how should I do ? I sent an email to those of iolite but did not respond . Thank you and sorry for my bad english

vidaloca,

Hai_Rypo_T'head

Why smoke and die, when you can vape and fly?
There's no comparison between the Wispr2 @ AU$190 (and the iOlite @ AU$167), with the FlowerMate Vapormax v5.0 Pro @ AU$155. The Flowermate has a digital temperature readout, from 40 Celsius to 230 Celsius, that can be raised or lowered one degree or more at a time, the charge lasts for much longer than the excellent Arizer Solo, it has an internal storage chamber for the mouthpiece, and a large chamber for storing herb. Its build is similar to, and almost as solid as the Solo. It's silent , unlike the Wispr/iOlite, it's stealthy and handles easily. It also has a borosilicate mouthpiece.

In a nutshell, it puts the noisy, silicone/plastic mouthpiece, one temperature Wispr and the iOlite, in the shade.

FluffMolotov

Hi there guys!
I have recently come into possession of a junked Wispr 2.0, which I'd like to repair and gift to a long time (young) cancer suffering colleague.

The unit seems quite fine apart from the gas chamber which has experienced a nasty fracture and is now a leaky mess:
CQdQw7Z.jpg

Anyone out there want to sell me this part of their old vape? :brow:

*plainlazy*

Hi there wispr owners. I have only just come to thread after buying a wispr 2 second from ebay. It holds its gas and ignites first or second time. So its a winner at the moment. Ive only had 2-3 sessions with it. The effects were strong and im very happy for what ive paid. But im wondered if anyone has got any tips. Im finding the vapor very warm after about 4-6 puffs. So much that the tip of the mouthpiece gets hot and is too much. I find the first few puffs warm but ok. Ive tried long slow draws short puff like a cigar and still gets hot. Anyone found a work around or is mine running too hot? Read this thread and metions abv being really dark but i cant get that far because of the heat. Anyone have the same problem? Anyone made a custom mouth piece to help cool it? Any help would be good thanks

*plainlazy*,

Vitolo

Vaporist
After a couple of weeks using the device your threshold for the heat at the mouthpiece will subside.
Most users then, will hear friends complain about it, and will by then have forgotten that they also at one time found the mouthpiece hot.
What I am saying is that in a short time you will have become accustomed to the temperature upon your lips.
Kind of like learning to sip hot tea.

Hi there guys!
I have recently come into possession of a junked Wispr 2.0, which I'd like to repair and gift to a long time (young) cancer suffering colleague.

The unit seems quite fine apart from the gas chamber which has experienced a nasty fracture and is now a leaky mess:
CQdQw7Z.jpg

Anyone out there want to sell me this part of their old vape? :brow:
Try posting this same image and post in the classified section for a better chance at finding what you want.
Post it under "Want to Buy"

Last edited by a moderator:

*plainlazy*

After a couple of weeks using the device your threshold for the heat at the mouthpiece will subside.
Most users then, will hear friends complain about it, and will by then have forgotten that they also at one time found the mouthpiece hot.
What I am saying is that in a short time you will have become accustomed to the temperature upon your lips.
Kind of like learning to sip hot tea.

Try posting this same image and post in the classified section for a better chance at finding what you want.
Post it under "Want to Buy"
Hey thanks just finished another session and now im taking 1-3 second sips or puffs im still getting a nice cloud that is slightly warm but now more comfortable. Its impressive. For me right now not a ripper but that might come. Im quite happy sipping on it. And the effect is strong but unsure if its the wispr giving the strong effects or its new vape strong effects lol. Either way this is going to come in handy in the summer if i can make it last that long. Im hoping the guy i bought from can supply the info needed in Case i have to claim on the warranty. And finally now getting that darker avb :-)

Vitolo

Vaporist
but unsure if its the wispr giving the strong effects or its new vape strong effects lol
Every delivery system is unique, and volatilizes the vapor molecules in a different way.
I get a new feeling every time I use a new vape.
That is the beauty of having many units.
When you change units the effect is slightly different.
This way there are two options for combating tolerance...
  • change strains
  • switch vapes

Hey People,

I love my little WISPR2, I do...it's freed me from nicotine and I wish I'd known about vaping a lot sooner than I did. I've grown to understand it, learned its little quirks to get it to ignite regularly and kept it clean and treated it as well as it's treated me.

However, I have one big issue with the product and it is this part, or to be more exact the silicon housing/stem/mouthpiece component of it.

wispr-filling-chamber.jpg

This part has failed three times now and it is always the same issue. The stem eventually comes away from the housing of the mouthpiece just at the bottom, where it joins (see photo).

2mpe6b8.jpg

I'm wondering if anyone out there has had similar issues with the silicon stem breaking? I now have a small collection of metal bowls that I don't really need and have emailed Oglesby & Butler about this before and they have been very decent in sending me 2 complementary replacement mouthpieces/stems (thanks to Kathleen Nolan). However, I really don't see why I should have to ask for this again or buy a replacement as it's more than £20 for a part that I don't actually need and I can't seem to be able to buy a replacement silicon stem separately (without the metal bowl and mesh screen, which I'm sure add a lot to the cost).

After the first time this happened, I even decided not to fold the stem down as I'd thought that might be contributing to the problem through stress being put on the joint at that point when it was folded down, but that's made no difference at all...hence two more broken stems.

I noticed the older, solid Iolite stems/mouthpieces have threads at the bottom, does anyone know if these solid mouthpieces will attach to the threads of the WISPR bowl?

3pk_extended_mouthpiece.jpg

I'm getting a bit tired of the same issue continually occurring and having to improvise with a small bit of metal-tubing that makes me feel like some sort of crackhead until I get a replacement sorted! Hoping someone out there can help.

MercurialVapour,

Astedra

There I bought it for $85 US on eBay it said new. On iolite website it goes for US$ 160. So far everything I bought off eBay was garbage let's hope that trend stops. I hope it's in its original package. Should be here next week.

Astedra,

Astedra

I received it and it looks DOA. I can't fill it up with butane not a drop gets inside the wispr when I try to fill it. It's original box and packaging new with the sticker but it has a date of 2012 on it. I hate eBay.

Anybody had similar issues?

Alright I got it filled you have to have it upside down.

It reached temp quick too quick because there was no visible vapour for a while but it got me more ripped then I have been in a while.

Last edited:
Astedra,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Yeah I'm not a big fan of this unit due to its low temperature however once it gets going and depending on your pack, you can definitely get dark ABV.

As Vitolo suggested, I usually let it go 2 - 3 cycles and then start.

Astedra

I never get dark abv I had 15 draws and after I can still put it in my firefly and have a session. Vapes have come a long way since the wispr2. Vapour production is very minimal although I still get high.

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
I never get dark abv I had 15 draws and after I can still put it in my firefly and have a session. Vapes have come a long way since the wispr2. Vapour production is very minimal although I still get high.

Agreed :-). It's all about waiting until the unit gets hot, then taking long slow draws so you are not cooling the chamber down quickly.

newVaper420,

Purple Lava Lamp

I have an old Wispr that hasn't worked in a while, and is way out of warranty. It doesn't ignite. What should I do with it?

Purple Lava Lamp,
Top Bottom