The water level thread

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
Day after days, I see various comments about water level, specially about too much water. I think this question alone deserve a topic.

More water
Pros : diffusion, filtration, humidification
Cons : drag, condensation, taste

Less water
Pros : taste, efficiency, air flow
Cons : harsher

I'm experimenting with my tree percs, it is easy to judge how far the water top is from the first diffusion hole. (I used to put a lot more before)

img1481m.jpg

So, how much water do you put in your pieces ?

First thing in the morning I hit my rig pretty wet or excess water if you will. The added drag/washing effect helps me take things slow when I first wake up. Later on I run it on min drag max taste. Not to sound dramatic but my rig varies plus or minus 1oz of water. Less than a shot glass basicly. Beyond that it just not that efficient.

Sickwindsor,
Reactions: Roger D

vorrange

Vapor.wise
I don't have a bubbler, just a 250ml Ehle straight tube, so i don't use much water to start. Still, i notice a difference between water levels causing that influence the same factors you reported Roger.

I tend to use my water a little higher than when i first started, to get a smoother hit.

vorrange,

SD_haze

For me with my HydraTree

Low temps-->low water level
Small loads-->low water level

High temps+small load-->medium-low level

Medium temp+medium load-->medium level

High temps+big load-->high level!

vorrange

Vapor.wise
For me with my HydraTree

Low temps-->low water level
Small loads-->low water level

High temps+small load-->medium-low level

Medium temp+medium load-->medium level

High temps+big load-->high level!

Never thought of it like that but that makes a lot of sense man. I'm gonna try that. ;) :tup:

vorrange,

z9

My bong barely takes any water, a few drops of water can make a pretty big difference. I tend to keep a little more water than is necessary for a smoother hit.

Generally I use less water for dabs so there's less oil accumulation and more water when I vape because I like to cool off that hot vapor.

z9,
Top Bottom