Discontinued The Venus Apollo

Azn2101

Hey guys, this may sound like a stupid question but what does the price below that says ex: mean as opposed to the highlighted number represent? Is it the price of the unit before like export taxes or something?

And if I were to be in country to pick it up would the Tax be any cheaper?

Last edited:
Azn2101,

Vapeur Rogue

Est. 2013- Never Lookin' Back
Well, i've joined the ranks of Soon-to-be owners of an Apollo 2 SE 50w w/Vapor cooler Upgrade.
Cant wait to try a device that's so Unique & efficient; VAS is a great and terrible thing lol.

You are lucky. I was going to pounce this Wed. Now the 50 watt limited edition re- release depends on pre-orders, and I have no idea how to spur enough interest in the model to get that going.

" yes exactly, after there are no more the limited edition, we cannot
sell 50W apollo. Only if there comes pre-orders enough to make it
sensible to order the special machined parts, and it takes about a
month to get more of the parts.

Quoting

> thank you for getting back to me- are the limited editions the only
> option for the 50watt apollo 2?
> On Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 10:54:53 AM PDT, Venus Vaporizer
> <info@venusvaporizer.com> wrote: "

Last edited:
Vapeur Rogue,

Azn2101

You are lucky. I was going to pounce this Wed. Now the 50 watt limited edition re- release depends on pre-orders, and I have no idea how to spur enough interest in the model to get that going.

" yes exactly, after there are no more the limited edition, we cannot
sell 50W apollo. Only if there comes pre-orders enough to make it
sensible to order the special machined parts, and it takes about a
month to get more of the parts.

Quoting

> thank you for getting back to me- are the limited editions the only
> option for the 50watt apollo 2?
> On Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 10:54:53 AM PDT, Venus Vaporizer
> <info@venusvaporizer.com> wrote: "

Thank you man, I honestly had to make a split second decision. He stated to me that there would be more made on a monthly basis b/c of its popularity so I wouldn't be too worried about it & he seems like a genuine guy. Im not an easy sell, especially when you pass the $250-$300 price point plus he let me know that there was only a single unit left. So for him to work with me and go through each detail of the upgrade was very helpful b/c there aren't that many Apollo models' reviews (none that I could find other than testimonials here.)

I think he'll keep to his word and continue making the 50w models as they seem to be an extremely well designed & effective unit.

Azn2101,
Reactions: AtomicPB

Vapeur Rogue

I understand far too well-I was going to order last week, and put the money into PayPal and everything-my partner overdrew again without knowing-I don't want to drag much of my dirty laundry into this forum-but this is conversation we have been having for far too long- and so that deposit ate most of what I had for this.

Literally the only thing I had reservations about with ordering the Apollo when it first came out- was the heat up time- while I don't always need what others seem to call "full extraction"all the time, I need fast heat up time- especially when I'm medicating for my migraines or gut issues.
It can be very annoying- I love the ritual of sipping, and savoring-and when I am doing maintenance, or the few times I go past the literal minimum medical mark/dose for myself- I love long sessions-and can wait for heatup-but like many people on this forum, my needs vary, and I am trying to be more honest with myself about planning for my worst days.

Yes, when I have had email contact with him, and money was active on this forum- the owner/ craftsman has been a pleasure to work with. I'm glad the conversation around his products is picking up again.

I'm not an easy sell either- a few years back when I started vaping it took my hearing about the firewood 2 hitting like a portable log for me to take a chance on a vape that did not have a removable battery/non butane.
- I loved that one to death! - And I'm very happy with the improvements with the FW5. I could go to go on about how long it took me to start collecting my other vapes- but suffice to say, I have been vaping since 2013, and only brought my fouth in August of this year (for multiple reasons, not just wanting to check out the product reviews and other feedback)
I just don't have the disposable income to recover hundreds of dollars but enough for limited editions like this. (And once I'm convinced of a product worth past the $250.00 mark, will I still have to save for it!) I'm not making assumptions about your situation btw. I understand that many people had to save a long time for Black Friday or such, over months.

I'll stay tuned, possibly get one of the Helios in the meantime.

Vapeur Rogue,

CheebaChiefer

Thank you man, I honestly had to make a split second decision. He stated to me that there would be more made on a monthly basis b/c of its popularity so I wouldn't be too worried about it & he seems like a genuine guy. Im not an easy sell, especially when you pass the $250-$300 price point plus he let me know that there was only a single unit left. So for him to work with me and go through each detail of the upgrade was very helpful b/c there aren't that many Apollo models' reviews (none that I could find other than testimonials here.)

I think he'll keep to his word and continue making the 50w models as they seem to be an extremely well designed & effective unit.
You state “he seems like a genuine guy” who? Was it VilleKille2? Did you ask or did he offer to explain his absence from this forum, his forum actually, for over SIX months??

CheebaChiefer,

Vapeur Rogue

@Chiba

Other sellers/ craftsfolk have only sporadic presence here on FC - Marc of Firewood, Max of Lotus come to mind. While I have had my reservations about venus, and would like to see the company presence pick up here, I am grateful that things seem to be looking up for them in general. If you are not interested in the Apollo or other models this company offers, there are plenty of other vapes to chose from.

*Apologies to the mods.

Last edited:

CheebaChiefer

@Chiba

Other sellers/ craftsfolk have only sporadic presence here on FC - Marc of Firewood, Max of Lotus come to mind. While I have had my reservations about venus, and would like to see the company presence pick up here, I am grateful that things seem to be looking up for them in general. If you are not interested in the Apollo or other models this company offers, there are plenty of other vapes to chose from.

*Apologies to the mods.
Rogue you must be confused, as a long term member of this forum as well as spending $650+ with VilleKille2 company I am quite interested and invested. I don’t think I am out of line wondering why VilleKille2 hasn’t uttered a word in six months + on HIS OWN forum. He was quite active in the past particularly @ product launch(imagine that).

I have numerous other vapes and my daily driver is a Herbalizer. I would use my TWO Venus Apollo II 50 watt editions more frequently were it not for a apparent SIX WEEK turnaround on parts. Warranty support? Not sure where I stand there.

CheebaChiefer,

Vapeur Rogue

Ah I did misunderstand a bit- and while I- as I noted share some concern. I don't think you are out of line in concern, but I still do not understand why you are harping on this at every turn at the moment- being that things seem to be turning around.

Again- Apologies to the mods.

CheebaChiefer

Ah I did misunderstand a bit- and while I- as I noted share some concern. I don't think you are out of line in concern, but I still do not understand why you are harping on this at every turn at the moment- being that things seem to be turning around.

Again- Apologies to the mods.
You state you share my concern but don’t understand my “harping” at every turn?? Wtf, that makes no sense.

As I have stated I have spent a considerable sum, nearly a $1000 bucks to date, I have earned my right to “harp” imho. If I understand you are not a customer but wish to be one, that’s fine, but perhaps your attitude will change once you have invested. The units I have are fine, but I can’t/won’t wait SIX WEEKS for parts. Also this reveals an important fact about VilleKille2 operation, that being assembly seems to be his only function. He apparently only orders parts on as needed basis, meaning warranty service would be SIX WEEKS turnaround at best, this is problamatic for me. Since you don’t have any product you can afford to be cavalier about it, as you have no skin in the game.

CheebaChiefer,

Azn2101

I understand far too well-I was going to order last week, and put the money into PayPal and everything-my partner overdrew again without knowing-I don't want to drag much of my dirty laundry into this forum-but this is conversation we have been having for far too long- and so that deposit ate most of what I had for this.

Literally the only thing I had reservations about with ordering the Apollo when it first came out- was the heat up time- while I don't always need what others seem to call "full extraction"all the time, I need fast heat up time- especially when I'm medicating for my migraines or gut issues.
It can be very annoying- I love the ritual of sipping, and savoring-and when I am doing maintenance, or the few times I go past the literal minimum medical mark/dose for myself- I love long sessions-and can wait for heatup-but like many people on this forum, my needs vary, and I am trying to be more honest with myself about planning for my worst days.

Yes, when I have had email contact with him, and money was active on this forum- the owner/ craftsman has been a pleasure to work with. I'm glad the conversation around his products is picking up again.

I'm not an easy sell either- a few years back when I started vaping it took my hearing about the firewood 2 hitting like a portable log for me to take a chance on a vape that did not have a removable battery/non butane.
- I loved that one to death! - And I'm very happy with the improvements with the FW5. I could go to go on about how long it took me to start collecting my other vapes- but suffice to say, I have been vaping since 2013, and only brought my fouth in August of this year (for multiple reasons, not just wanting to check out the product reviews and other feedback)
I just don't have the disposable income to recover hundreds of dollars but enough for limited editions like this. (And once I'm convinced of a product worth past the $250.00 mark, will I still have to save for it!) I'm not making assumptions about your situation btw. I understand that many people had to save a long time for Black Friday or such, over months.

I'll stay tuned, possibly get one of the Helios in the meantime.

Man thats a bummer, something similar happened with my last months electricity bill at a house of 6 Jr's/Sr's during college and boy does it blow to go into an account you thought had something in it to find little/nothing/LESS than nothing

I honestly have no freaking idea what came over me when thinking about it, I just had to go for it...I Blame @Nikkogon for the sexy pic on reddit that pushed me over the line lol.

No I got an amazing package deal to cover (one gets gifts for fhe Hollidays and their birthday b/c it's less than 3 weeks later...) a lot of gifts for that one day, or several I don't judge, of the year we all work towards just to blow everything you made. So it was OFFICALLY a gift from the Family to me but its me to me lol. Thank GOD for Costco/Sams Club/Amazon/& Ebay.

You state “he seems like a genuine guy” who? Was it VilleKille2? Did you ask or did he offer to explain his absence from this forum, his forum actually, for over SIX months??

Unfortunately I didn't ask who I was talking but it sounds like a small 1-5 person business so im guessing word would travel fast to one another, if he has expanded. I say he's a genuine guy cause he worked really hard with me to give me information on the products specs the page didnt cover to genral questions about the longetivity of the device and other things, he worked to earn my money and I personally respect that. He did the best deal possible (I believe) for the Set-up I wanted; Is it possible @villekille2 hired a Comms person or a Social Media Rep. and is just getting into the swing of things since the new start up? When I was checking out the Apollo 1 and had exchanged a few emails, and I couldn't tell you a definitive answer but, it felt like the response Emails were quicker, making me think that maybe during the time he went dark he could've expanded but I cant confirm that.

Are there any reasons to be concerned about the seller other than the lack of presence on his Media accounts? This is just a question from owner to owner(s)

Inbetween the Apollo 1 discussions and literally 3 days ago I had not made any contact and even from back then, knew very little of them.

it does suck to be stuck in limbo with Customer Services. For me its the not knowing that bugs me more than the issues I reach out to the companies for sometimes you know?

Mr Mellish

To me, there is a big difference between someone not having a presence here and someone disappearing. @villekille2 was pretty active here and then disappeared. I don't think it's unreasonable to be concerned. Joe, the guy who brought us the ESV, was active and then disappeared...so did his product and support.

There was a product that was popular and a new version was imminent (can't remember the name now, for the life of me). They also talked about doing a joint venture with ESV Joe and that was hyped for a while, then that guy also disappeared. W9Tech isn't nearly as active as he used to be and he had "amazing shit" pending for a long time. But...those are products that were promised and never saw the light of day, so no one actually suffered anything beyond disappointment and VAS blue balls.

I do hope all is well with @villekille2. In my case, I wasn't sure I would ever want to place another order with potentially insane shipping charges, so I bought extra bulbs and an extra tube to try to protect myself. Of course, if the thing goes tits up, I may be screwed...which brings us to the most legitimate concern. I believe this was the most expensive vape purchase I've ever made; if the creator of the device is unresponsive, can we expect to get support in the future? If we do get support, will the people left to do it have the technical skills or will we be looking at Grasshopper Labs quality support? Perhaps this isn't a fair question, but without some sort of response from @villekille2, how do we know that this isn't just a friend or relative trying to sell off everything left?

But, in the meantime, the Apollo Special Edition kicks serious ass.

CheebaChiefer

To me, there is a big difference between someone not having a presence here and someone disappearing. @villekille2 was pretty active here and then disappeared. I don't think it's unreasonable to be concerned. Joe, the guy who brought us the ESV, was active and then disappeared...so did his product and support.

There was a product that was popular and a new version was imminent (can't remember the name now, for the life of me). They also talked about doing a joint venture with ESV Joe and that was hyped for a while, then that guy also disappeared. W9Tech isn't nearly as active as he used to be and he had "amazing shit" pending for a long time. But...those are products that were promised and never saw the light of day, so no one actually suffered anything beyond disappointment and VAS blue balls.

I do hope all is well with @villekille2. In my case, I wasn't sure I would ever want to place another order with potentially insane shipping charges, so I bought extra bulbs and an extra tube to try to protect myself. Of course, if the thing goes tits up, I may be screwed...which brings us to the most legitimate concern. I believe this was the most expensive vape purchase I've ever made; if the creator of the device is unresponsive, can we expect to get support in the future? If we do get support, will the people left to do it have the technical skills or will we be looking at Grasshopper Labs quality support? Perhaps this isn't a fair question, but without some sort of response from @villekille2, how do we know that this isn't just a friend or relative trying to sell off everything left?

But, in the meantime, the Apollo Special Edition kicks serious ass.
Mr Mellish you hit the proverbial nail on the head my friend!

One only has to go back on this forum to anytime b4 04/18/18 and can see frequent posts from VilleKille2, either responding to customers or commenting on posts, then after that date nothing not so much as a how do you do.

I think, and this is only speculation, someone has taken over the bidness and would rather not reveal the founder is no longer affiliated.

Recent posts indicate that no spare parts are back stocked and take a month and a half to reach the customer, that’s not good customer service. This tell’s me any warranty service would take that long or longer to complete. This is similar to the nonsense that goes on @ Grasshopper and why my two grasshoppers are in a drawer. Homey don’t play that game.

Like I said b4 a short sentence or two from VilleKille2 would clear things up, but reading some of the recent posts cause me to believe VilleKille2 is no longer in the picture?

CheebaChiefer,

CheebaChiefer

If relief is two or more hits away, the slower heating Apollo's monster first hit could medicate faster. With my settings dialed in, I cached full bowls in one hit. One of a kind.
Hey Stickstones, I've never questioned the effectiveness of the Apollo II SE, not unlike the Herbalizer fast heatup is a hallmark. My Herbalizer can reach 400 degrees in about 10-11 seconds the Apollo II 50 watt SE is a few seconds slower, like 15 seconds, but afterall the Herbie is putting out 300 watts vs. 50 for the Apollo. Gotta love a clean, safe heat source like Halogen!

Azn2101

Quick question: Is it just the Apollo 2 SE that has the 30% larger bulb envelope & 42mm heating element or does the original Apollo 2 the same design just fitted with a 20w bulb?

I replace my Apollo 1 version 20w bulb to 35w. It is working fine 9 months. Maybe there is some program upgrade in Apollo 2 50w SE? Only Villekille2 knows that!
Villekille2 has back in the business! He`s write so in Finnish community which is called Hamppuforum.net.
Translate English language a "hemppyforum"

Azn2101

I replace my Apollo 1 version 20w bulb to 35w. It is working fine 9 months. Maybe there is some program upgrade in Apollo 2 50w SE? Only Villekille2 knows that!
Villekille2 has back in the business! He`s write so in Finnish community which is called Hamppuforum.net.
Translate English language a "hemppyforum"

The 50w SE from what I can understand from skimming all 67 pages is just wired a little differently to support a 50w bulb but only in the SE Apollo does it mention that the Bulb envelope is 30% larger & the 42mm heat element (which on his post on page ~50 he states the differences between the Apollo 1 and the Apollo 2 but neither of those are stated on there or in the Apollo 2 product page.)

Finnish is an absolute nightmare to translate into other languages lol but thats awesome that he's back up. Ill check into it thanks man.

It said it was gonna come in the mail today and it didn't!!!

Azn2101

For anyone who is wondering @villekille2 IS active on Hamppuforum.net and is responding to Emails to the point where I feel like im bugging him, but he keeps answering and his knowledge of the advancements in his products (I.e the upgrade from the Gen 1&2 versions of the Venus & the Helios cause im looking into buying one) is very in-depth and don't believe this is a business partner or someone who has bought his patents or the rights to make his product but am no psychic and could be wrong but the evidence seems to say that either its him or someone just as competent and informed on the products and intimate with there builds as @villekille2.

Has anyone contacted the guy who fixes Herbalizer units to ask if he could work on Apollo units? I understand that just cause they use the same heat element doesn't mean they're wired or operate the same way but I mean if, knock on wood, he does happen to take another sabbatical we could have options on the units being operational and can use them as daily drivers more often.

Last edited:

CheebaChiefer

For anyone who is wondering @villekille2 IS active on Hamppuforum.net and is responding to Emails to the point where I feel like im bugging him, but he keeps answering and his knowledge of the advancements in his products (I.e the upgrade from the Gen 1&2 versions of the Venus & the Helios cause im looking into buying one) is very in-depth and don't believe this is a business partner or someone who has bought his patents or the rights to make his product but am no psychic and could be wrong but the evidence seems to say that either its him or someone just as competent and informed on the products and intimate with there builds as @villekille2.

Has anyone contacted the guy who fixes Herbalizer units to ask if he could work on Apollo units? I understand that just cause they use the same heat element doesn't mean they're wired or operate the same way but I mean if, knock on wood, he does happen to take another sabbatical we could have options on the units being operational and can use them as daily drivers more often.
Uh, I am unable to bring up "hamppuforum.net" and why would he be active there and not on HIS OWN forum right here? Very sketchy to say the least!

CheebaChiefer,

Vapeur Rogue

I'm guessing this forum? https://www.hamppu.net/forum/

Vapeur Rogue,

Azn2101

Uh, I am unable to bring up "hamppuforum.net" and why would he be active there and not on HIS OWN forum right here? Very sketchy to say the least!

I see your point, he started here, why not continue to report here? No one other than him can answer that but isn't the more important thing that there is now a way to get in touch with him for all the reasons everyone listed on here from warranties to general questions? Again Finnish is arguably the most difficult language to learn and that may have a factor with his switching, he probably gets just as many Domestic (EU or Europe in general) orders and figured it might be better for us english speakers to just Email him cause there is much less chatter on this thread but again, im just taking a stab at it.

Top Bottom