Discontinued The Venus Apollo

Vapeur Rogue

Est. 2013- Never Lookin' Back
Cheeba - I agree that a personal note would be welcome and needed at this point-
*even something as basic as "Back on track after personal issues have been addressed"

Regarding parts...they are listed as additions to an order of an Apollo, either current or special edition.

I have been burned by one start up, and can relate to your hesitation well. On the other hand, my peronal favorite vapes to date, have been artisan/small company produced. Honestly it was one of the reasons I stuck with only 2 vapes for as long as I did. If I take a chance on this, it will be my most expensive vape to date (unless I get e-nano first).

Honestly, one of the things that has scared me off the most re: anything villekille has created is the web presence instability. I had to learn from this forum why the website disappeared at times. A simple *Closed: Holidays/Vacation* would work wonders. I face that with etsy, but it is communication.

Last edited:

blokenoname

DIY Log Dabbler 😁🪵💪💨💨💨
As @CheebaChiefer was asking, AFAIK normally electronic devices should have a warranty of 2 years in the EU. Don't pin me down on it but that is how I understood it all those years living in the EU
EU legal 2 years warranty guarantee pertains to the trader, not manufacturer (though if these are one and the same person/company, like in many small businesses, it also applies to the manufacturer in his capacity as a trader there). Manufacturers and traders may also provide an additional commercial guarantee, but that is entirely up to them and no legal requirement.
Good as 2 years legal warranty sound, there's a catch. Within the first 6 month of this period, it's automatically assumed, that a given defect of your device was there from the time of initial purchase/delivery, only manifesting itself now. No further proof needed. Sent faulty device in or take back to the store... Trader has to repair or replace. After the first 6 month however, you as a customer have to proof to the trader first, that the device was faulty from the get go, which is in most cases impossible. And so the EU warranty in real life is more like just the first 6 month and you can forget about the rest if you're unable to deliver proof of initial faultiness after that.

Apollo drop in the floor and battery side got false and battery movement heard. Also Apollo turn on and off when I move It. I fix my apollo battery problem easy! I put 1 cent coin in battery case bottom.
I spread battery tensioner several times. Does not help because battery cap loose it If you unscrew it every time cap off :/

CheebaChiefer

As already reported @villekille2 is back on business, got a short reassuring mail yesterday from him
I think we will see him here again soon
Today’s September 24th., Andreaerdna posted on the 13th. Still no word from the owner of this thread on this thread??

Like I have suggested b4, some of us have made significant purchases with Ville and I think deserve some reassurance about the availability of warranty service and readily accessible parts. What I’ve seen so far is a price increase on the Apollo Venus II SE and that is it.

AtomicPB

Like @Andreaerdna I also eMailed them to ask if they are still in business.

Let's hope we hear back to know what happened to the company and @villekille2 .

I did not hear back since I emailed them, it seems as if they really might be out of business with all the attempts from the forum to contact @villekille2 or someone else from Venus Vaporizers.

@Dubmonkey you might have difficulties obtaining an Apollo2 with the unsolved situation regarding Venus Vaporizers.

To answer your initial question: You can connect the Apollo2 to water BUT it might be more complicated as with a real WPA adapter. I found it easiest with an elbow adapter from my Extreme-Q or with a 10mm male connection wrapped inside silicone tube.

But if you can get an Apollo2 with cooling unit and performance chamber you might not even need water to cool the vapour since it is very smooth native.

Lately our v1 Apollo is in good use by my GF and from the Vaporizers I tried and owned it is the best tasting with the smoothest vapour. That being said, in my opinion it is not the most convenient Vape to use, so it wasn't a daily driver but my personal quality Vape for special occasions or to get a very pure taste when trying a new strain.

Great Vape, still hoping we gonna hear back from @villekille2 .

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
@AtomicPB yes it is great news and I think they are back

I had an item missing on my order, got a reply within 24hrs and they are already taking care of me

I am unsure if I was in comunication directly with @villekille2 , i think so though. I told him (?) he was very missed here but have no other news on this

i already have more than a dozen spare bulbs (even if I only had 1 failure and probably due to me touching it bare hands ) now half a dozen glass tubes, i never had so many spare parts of any other vape. i like it very much for his capacity to deliver huge clean tasty clouds (in only 40 secs)

AtomicPB

@Dubmonkey in the past the Apollo has mainly been a special occasion vape for me but since my GF is using it daily I am using the Apollo a couple of times within a week myself.

What prevents me from using it more often is, that after a session you have to wait for the chamber to cool down and after the Apollo has been used once by one person the other person would have to wait (if the Apollo is not shared throughout the session). Also the "time regulated" heat-up time is a reason for me to wait until the Apollo has cooled down before using it again, so that the chamber doesn't get too hot on the second heat-up (the Apollo is able to burn a load). Another thing (which is negligible for Apollo users with a 50W bulb) is the quite long heat-up time of about 3 Minutes. And the Apollo only has unregulated heat-settings, meaning that there is no thermometer controlling the temperature but the bulb is set to a certain intensity.

Don't get me wrong I really love my Apollo. Almost no draw-restriction, very smooth and cool vapour with the cooling unit and high-performance chamber, great and lots of very clean tasting vapour, replaceable batteries, easily replaceable "oven" aka bulb, no weird stuff in air- and vapour-path and the nice wood optic are some of my favourite things instantly coming to mind while writing about the Apollo.

I also consider the Apollo one of if not the hardest hitting vape in my small collection.

I have to say that for quite some time I am using my Omnivap the most. It is my daily driver, because micro-dosing is very easy with it and I can use it almost instantly and comfortably with either a torch-lighter or Pipes Induction Heater. This convenience is one of the things that I appreciate so much about it and is probably the reason why I am so stuck on it, so that there is only a small space left for other vapes in my daily routine.

What are you looking for in the Apollo or in a vape in general? My guess is, that the Apollo might not be for everybody but most enthusiasts (like the guys here in the Forum) seemed to have liked it a lot from what I have read, maybe because people here are motivated to learn to work around the little quirks that some vapes have.

I would definitely recommend it if you can get over the minor inconveniences while enjoying this kinda unique vape.

Last edited:

Vapeur Rogue

Est. 2013- Never Lookin' Back
Thank you, @Atomic for your thoughtful review.
When I first heard about the original Apollo, my only hesitation with the heat up time involved- the 50watt edition addresses that concern. I was already interested in saving up for one of those, but now he almost had to have me second-guessing pouncing on my vapman station prior to saving for it!

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
I'm glad to hear he's still around, I love my apollo. I haven't used it in awhile, I need to get it out this weekend. I love vaping with light, such a unique vape.

I'm always tempted by the non-apollo venus vape too, watching the vapor swirl around in the lit glass must be really satisfying.

CheebaChiefer

I just purchased a SE Edition, is this company still fulfilling orders? I contacted them because I noticed they had two storefront pages. Hope I still have an opportunity to try this vape out.
Good luck brah, nobody has heard from the thread owner, Villekille2, since approx. 04/26/18 on this thread! Some people claim they are still in operation, however i've seen no proof of that yet. Andreaerdna has stated he recd. some glass tubes from the site, although he say's they took longer than "normal" to receive.

I haven't ordered anything since 03/18 which was my second Apollo II SE. The thread owner/manufacturer's rep. failure to communicate on this thread for over 6 months is disconcerting at best. I believe there was a time period recently in which STU considered marking this vape as discontinued.

Order at your own risk.

CheebaChiefer,
Reactions: dudeguy

Nikkogon

As far as I know- and Bud/VapeCritic just got some replacement parts in recently.
I noticed that he received his replacement parts this week. I have a good feeling that I’ll get my order, just would like to have an ETA. How long did it generally take for you gentleman to receive your units from Finland?

I can say confidently this company is this active and running. I just got an update on my order. Should be shipped in the next 48H. Can’t wait. Hope is still alive! Thanks everyone

Last edited by a moderator:

Fission

Here to report that I just got the high-performance chamber I ordered in mid Sept. That said, I never got a shipping notification email (that I could find, anyway). My Apollo has been going strong ever since I got it (it was in the very first batch of Apollos) and the chamber + cooling unit seem like they are going to be gamechangers. Being able to change the size of the chamber seems like it's going to drastically affect the heat transfer to my herb, in smaller bowls, at least. I actually combusted a bit accidentally while boosting a hit last night, and there's absolutely no way that would have happened with the old chamber on the same heat settings. Looks like I'm going to need to relearn some of the technique with this vape to account for the more efficient airflow through the chamber. I think it should be fun, though.

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
I forgot to add i received the item missing in first shipment
Took longer also because there was a misunderstanding in part of the order (missing item)

I started to use again the cooling stuff, it is very effective and almost magic while still clean, it get gunked fast though

CheebaChiefer

Here to report that I just got the high-performance chamber I ordered in mid Sept. That said, I never got a shipping notification email (that I could find, anyway). My Apollo has been going strong ever since I got it (it was in the very first batch of Apollos) and the chamber + cooling unit seem like they are going to be gamechangers. Being able to change the size of the chamber seems like it's going to drastically affect the heat transfer to my herb, in smaller bowls, at least. I actually combusted a bit accidentally while boosting a hit last night, and there's absolutely no way that would have happened with the old chamber on the same heat settings. Looks like I'm going to need to relearn some of the technique with this vape to account for the more efficient airflow through the chamber. I think it should be fun, though.
Good to hear folks are getting parts, although you (Fission) say you ordered MID SEPTEMBER and today is November 1st! So approx. 6 weeks??? I realize this is coming from Finland, but come on man, 6 weeks wtf!

I sure wish these guys would hook up with somebody like puff it up or planet of the vapes, so we could order parts or vapes and get quickly. I don't play with six weeks. Sounds like they don't back stock parts, and when someone orders a part Venus then hits up its supplier, this is the only way to account for six weeks time frame.

Last edited:
CheebaChiefer,

Nikkogon

I’d like to report that my Special Edition 50w unit arrived today. The performance this thing gives off is on par with my Flowerpot, that boost mode and a micro dosed bowl is something else! Took about 8 business days (including saturdays) from when I got my shipment email to get to my hands.

Top Bottom