• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued The Vapbong

marcuss

above the clouds
i had a nice conversation with Daniel, the vapbong inventor and i tried my Ice cream in this simple but very efficient vaporizer.The first thing he told me was that his new product the Loxlux just won the first prize as the best new product at the Cannatrade2009.
The Loxlux is basically a halogen lamp with a copper drum on it with seven holes where you can put up to six standard vaporbongs...nice for vaporbong group party and coffieshops!
This lamp got a dimmer to control the temperature in the vapbong and allow you to let the bong waiting for a new hit....vapor on demand style!
So now if you don't like to deal with flames to heat up the VB the Loxlux is the way to go.
I tried a VB few months ago once and i gived up quickly with it for the long learning curve with the lighter but this time i can see the difference...no learning curve at all, you just put a very small amount of material in the inner tube(like a PD bowl) close it and leave it on the loxlux for few seconds(20), that's it! No scorch, no pop corn taste!
You can get about 4-6 nice clouds from this little bowl...it's efficiency is incredible!
This new option let you choose for two ways to use the VB...the outdoor with a gas torch or lighter and the indoor with the Loxlux that is a nice and stealth table lamp also.

take a look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1JGpDq6w2k

this is the VB site....the Loxlux one seems under constuction:

http://www.vapbong.com/en/

marcuss,

Jikaboom123

Cool. Wonder if you can attach a whip to the VB? Imagine 6 people with their own separate whips taking drags off this thing. This is without a doubt the most stealthy way to vape too. I mean, it's a fuckin' lamp! :lol:

Jikaboom123,

lwien

Jikaboom123 said:
Cool. Wonder if you can attach a whip to the VB? Imagine 6 people with their own separate whips taking drags off this thing. This is without a doubt the most stealthy way to vape too. I mean, it's a fuckin' lamp! :lol:
Pretty neat. The Aromed is another halogen lamp powered vape.

lwien,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Hmmm, I'd like to try. Wonder how long the heat up is and what kind of power it would draw? Can you leave the little glass stems on their for a long time? Do they get hot? Makes me want to stack like 10 PD stems prepacked with goodies in some sort of clever wood block with holes drilled out.

IAmKrazy2,

Happycamper

Sweet Dreams Babycakes
I havent used the mass heating light thing, but i have a Vapbong which is that test tube thing.

It's ok, not great imo.

Needs cleaning a lot, every few days imo. It uses metal filters/screens that you have to mess about folding into a tiny cylinder shape to go in the tube. These gunk up really quickly, and even though you will still be getting vapor through it really effects the quality of the high imo.

Only takes a very small amount of stuff, can take a little more if you move the filter down the tube a bit, but because it uses such small amounts i found it didnt get me that high from one tube. Its not the same as the PD with small amounts, the PD gets me nice and high.

The loxlux heat source may be a bit more stable than using a jet lighter, but still......
It looks funky, but you would need to get upto 7 Vapbongs probably for party situations. And at about 30-35 each...

For 79 Euro the vapbongs wont be included.

Happycamper,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
Ok so I finally registered after lurking around for years and watching the community grow :) . I think I've read a great deal of these boards pages and have never seen anything much too positive written about the Vapbong. Now, there's not an awful lot positive to say about it and it's a really simple vape, so I don't imagine that this thread will blossom, but for posterity I think that a few points should be written into the archive of knowledge and opinion.
http://www.vapbong.com/en/
First the obvious negative of this vape- it's ridiculously over priced. It's essentially a flared glass straw, a test tube, a silicone joint/air diffuser and a glass mouthpiece. Nothing more for your money (except the case, screens & pipe cleaners!). And glass is fragile and susceptible to fools and gravity - whilst the test tube is apparently widely available (and 2 are supplied), if you break another part like I did you'll feel like a right prick paying 15 for a tiny replacement glass mouthpiece from the manufacturer. But then vapes aren't priced according to production costs, as we're all so well aware, and the concepts have to be adequately rewarded by what is a relatively limited market. Such is life. :/

It's also not the best vape for herb for me. The bowl is tiny, although can be made deeper by adjusting the screen. Whilst it's fast and can get to temp in just a few seconds with a twin flame torch, like a lot of lighter/torch vapes it's not difficult to overcook. If restrained with the torch though taste can be good however as it's a glass heat source for the herb. The airpath does include the silicone joint/diffuser piece and steel screens, so can't really be called all glass airpath, although I don't think this makes any difference. I'm more bothered that it's out of the way of any butane exhaust.

But my main point-

This vape is seriously worth considering as a portable for hash/bubble/kief. It honestly works really well- simple, fast and effective. The inner straw vapor path is blocked with a compacted steel pipe gauze (I use stainless steel, but the stock is brass, if I remember rightly) which works really effectively as a pad in absorbing the oil/resin, much like the volcano liquid pad. The small bowl of the straw is also covered with a gauze which stops any oil dripping out. It's not hard to reach the higher temps using a torch to heat the outer test tube, and I can blow big, tasty satisfying clouds if I want. Cleaning is easy- I just torch the screens and a bit of iso round the bowl. It's also supremely portable and lightweight, and comes with a stealthy protective marker pen case! (DAMN RIGHT IT SHOULD FOR THAT MONEY!!! :lol: )

Not sure about the other vast array of wonderful concentrates you guys over the pond can get- I sometimes make my own QWISO (w AVB) and BHO, but I tend use my Eclipse for these runnier mediums (although the Vapbong will work with these, just not quite as well as the Eclipse).

So for me, I've got plenty of better vapes for my bud- ssv, pd, volcano, vapman, iolite, mflb- and the eclipse for my runny oil, but for hash and kief I've got to say the Vapbong is king IMO.

If the value for money aspect doesn't phase you, or you like vaping a lot of resin/hash, I recommend taking a looksie. :2c:
:peace:

WatTyler,

Egzoset

Banned
As far as i'm concerned the VapBong will need to evolve into something like this before i consider buying one:

:2c:

Egzoset,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
Cool, except you're missing that 15 little glass mouthpiece that I lost too! It looks like an optional add on, but that simple part is actually crucial to the proper functioning of the vape.

I haven't actually found that it needs any extra cooling- that little silicon joint piece is actually some sort of cool air inlet- when you inhale through the mouthpiece, about 70% of the intake surface area is drawing fresh air to cool down the vapor. It really surprises me that it still gives thickish hits whilst doing this. I've blocked the holes off with my fingers before and the hit does get tighter and thicker, but hotter. Then it could certainly benefit from some extra cooling.

Another thing I should add- it's a vape that can be cleaned completely and safely for international air travel. In this circumstance I'd also use this vape for bud. (when I got there, not during international air travel! :cool: )

WatTyler,

Egzoset

Banned
Oh no, actually the tiny glass mouthpiece isn't missing! It's not on that image but i had it waiting on another picture which i never used for a lack of feedback i guess. The fin is because i had another operation mode in mind where heat wouldn't just come from the vial's end...

Egzoset,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Abysmal Vapor,

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations,

Anyone knows the dimensions of the receptacle cavities or those of the VapBong itself:

140_3.jpg

7.gif

Egzoset,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
Anyone knows the dimensions of ....... the VapBong itself

http://www.vapbong.com/en/repuestos/
it’s the only part of the device which is not made by us, you can purchase it everywhere. To replace the outer glass tube, search for stores that sell laboratory material and ask for a reinforced or Borosilicate 3.3 test-tube 12x75mm (inner diameter 10mm, length 75mm, outer diameter 12mm). That’s it.

:)

WatTyler,
Reactions: Egzoset

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
http://extreme-vaporizer.de/?p=375
Hey Guys new version of the Vapbong comes at the end of this month . Same price ,not much change in functions i think. Although i like absence of the brass screen ..and the presence of the new durable stainless steel. I will paste down translation from google . of the upper page .
vaponic_kit.jpg

The Vapbong Vaponic successor comes on the market. Although the VAPONIC Vapbong at first glance looks very similar, there is a significant development in VAPONIC and perfecting his predecessor. In addition, the manufacturer SOLWE, the production has improved to offer the Vaponic even lower price. The price of 39,90 € Aktraktieve is especially important for a delicious and very cheap portable vaporizer.
Vapbong Owners can retrofit upgrade their vaporizers to Vaponic
----------------------------------------------

The VAPONIC has the following main features:

Increased hopper
Acceleration and simplification of handling, filling, heating and cleaning
Visual inspection of the heating
Unintentional burning of stuffing virtually impossible
Vaporization based on conduction and convection
New design with the dividing line indicates where the device is touched
Extra fine and durable steel filter
Extremely practical, multifunctional tool included

Package :
- 1 VAPONIC VAPORIZER
- 1 pen shell as a protective case
- 1 multifunctional tool
- a Multilingual Guide
Available in various colors
Soon at Verdampftnochmal.de
------------------
Official site is not launched yet i guess or there is some temporary problem cuz the loxlux mother site doesn't responds either.

Abysmal Vapor,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
wow, thanks for posting that AV. As some members might know I enjoy my Vapbong with a bit of hash, and think it has some merits. I'm not sure how this new design would work with hash though- that bowl looks much bigger, and there's no screen on the end to hold the viscous hash in. I'm keen to try though, depending on how much they charge for the upgrade parts.

And it's high time it came with a proper tool- getting the inner screen out of the vapbong is a joke.

Glad it's going to be a little bit cheaper too- the price was a joke for the materials you actually receive but then so is the Magic Flight. Except for that has a warranty- break any parts of this and replacements aren't cheap.

WatTyler,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
Thought I'd do a quick video of the Vapbong with a bit of bubble hash.

I'm not sure if the new bowl design of the Vaponic will work as well for hash- with the Vapbong it's the rolled up screen that makes the bottom of the bowl working like a volcano liquid pad that makes it effective I think. It looks a lot further back away from the heat in the newer design, though I guess you could still stick another bit of gauze/liquid pad in there to serve the same purpose.

BullGod

While researching the Vaponic I have seen there once was this LoxLux-Heating-Lamp for the Vapbong. I really like the idea and the design of this lamp. Too bad it is discontinued, I would have considered buying this thing.

BullGod,

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations BullGod,

Too bad it is discontinued, I would have considered buying this thing.

I would have too, now that i'm back to square #1 trying to decide where to go next! The duality between being a portable with a base station pleased me greatly; having the option to choose between fire and electricity would have been a nice feature to me, but... Was it powerful enough to make quick extractions with a burst of aroma and flavour?... We may never know!

Egzoset,
Reactions: BullGod

BullGod

The duality between being a portable with a base station pleased me greatly; having the option to choose between fire and electricity would have been a nice feature to me
Absolutely!
Looking at the lamp, it occurs to me, that the ingredients and design are relatively simple:
A dimmable and bendable lamp with a series of brass (?) tubes screwed to a specific halogen bulbs front.
You could attempt to build the brass adapter yourself and find a suitable lamp to make your own loxlux.
Searching for an alternative lamp proves to be quite exhaustive, though. So far, no luck.

BullGod,

Egzoset

Banned
Hi again BullGod,

...a series of brass (?) tubes...

Quite hopefully copper tubing (i thought), but i'd find brass is good enough i guess. Silver solder would work for temperature around 280 - 315 °C though, i'd need to think of a proper way to hold it all together. At least i know someone who might be able to provide some enamel finish. yet, that's too much a challenge for me these days. I want to pay, walk away and never have to return if i get a choice: e.g. hassle-free purchase please!

Egzoset,

BullGod

yet, that's too much a challenge for me these days. I want to pay, walk away and never have to return if i get a choice: e.g. hassle-free purchase please!
That is right. Since I wouldn't have any ideas on how to improve the heater, I would also prefer to simply purchase the whole device as is. Does anyone in this forum own the loxlux anyway? Maybe someone has it still lying around and is willing to sell it...

BullGod,
Top Bottom