Collyland Aromatizer (formerly Vapbong by Art of Vapor)

bornfree13

I just jumped in! I purchased a premade model. How long do these bad boys usually take to reach the US? I understand that current circumstances may slow things down, of course.
High

I ordered mine on March first and it got stuck on the 3rd in German Customs for 3 weeks then finally came into NY, Down to philly then back up to Lehigh Valley Pa So just about a month. If not for the hold up in Customs and going to Philly. I Would have had it in 2 weeks Daniel Says. Especially since I'm near the Docks

Enjoy!

VapeEnthusiast

Troy's Army
Can we get a user video of this vape in action???
Seems like we have a few members here with them now.
Perfect time, quarantine gives you all the time you need.

Please??

Verax posted one a while back. Of course I'd love more people to post ;)

OK, made a 10ish minute video on usage. Please excuse the quality, first time I've done anything like this. I felt compelled though, as it's a REALLY cool unit.

(it looks like the last couple of minutes got cut for some reason, but there wasn't much there anyway, hah!)

Happy to answer any questions, or take pics of anything in more detail. :)

Also... I missed the perfect opportunity for "It's Weerking!".

One other note: it came in a really nice pine box. :) Was a nice touch.

20191027-010609928-i-OS.jpg

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
A tenth of a volt is a fifth of the full range I'm moving within with the VapBong, and it does drop by 0.2V sometimes too after a while.

Oioioi, I totally forgot to report my experiences with the voltage drops – so actually things are a bit more serious with „my“ device than I thought, although there's a bit of an asterisk to that.

I had a one hour session (2x .15g) and made a (although not very precise) protocol about the voltage drops. I set the dial to 11.6 and started hitting after about 12 minutes, which was when I first had to reset it back to 11.6V because it had already dropped by 0.5V. I had to reset it again about 20 minutes later when it had dropped by 0.3V. After that I stopped resetting it and it only dropped by 0.2V once more (about 45 minutes after the session started) and then stayed there.

So in total it dropped by almost one full volt and I had to reset it twice. Now the asterisk here is that although I would consider this behavior to be a bit of an issue, this session was a super enjoyable and nice experience. Having to reset the dial a bit does not take away very much. The VapBong wöörks fine & rocks.

lazylathe

Almost there...
@deadlytoaster

I have been following this vape for many years and never jumped on it. Now with the variable voltage adapter it becomes more interesting.
At the moment I am busy composing an email in my head as this will have to wait till shipping becomes normal again, don't want this thing lost!

@Siebter

I would account the drop in voltage as the device heats up and heat soaks the ceramic.
The heater requires less power to operate and may adjust to this, not sure how the VVPS works.
When I used to have log vapes with VVPS they voltage would also jump around quite a bit, so I do not think it is a huge issue.
As long as the session was good, all is good!

bornfree13

Oioioi, I totally forgot to report my experiences with the voltage drops – so actually things are a bit more serious with „my“ device than I thought, although there's a bit of an asterisk to that.

I had a one hour session (2x .15g) and made a (although not very precise) protocol about the voltage drops. I set the dial to 11.6 and started hitting after about 12 minutes, which was when I first had to reset it back to 11.6V because it had already dropped by 0.5V. I had to reset it again about 20 minutes later when it had dropped by 0.3V. After that I stopped resetting it and it only dropped by 0.2V once more (about 45 minutes after the session started) and then stayed there.

So in total it dropped by almost one full volt and I had to reset it twice. Now the asterisk here is that although I would consider this behavior to be a bit of an issue, this session was a super enjoyable and nice experience. Having to reset the dial a bit does not take away very much. The VapBong wöörks fine & rocks.
If I even came close to 11.6 I would combust. I let mine heat soak at 12v. Then I dial it back to 9.5v, place the ball/bowl in it's spot take a few tokes, remembering to shake the ball/bowl every few hits. My voltage fluctuating all the while to as low as 9v and as high as 10v. They definetly need a different vvps

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
As long as the session was good, all is good!

Yeah, I should stress that even more – the VapBong is a one-of-a-kind vaporizer, absolutely amazing.

If I even came close to 11.6 I would combust. I let mine heat soak at 12v. Then I dial it back to 9.5v, place the ball/bowl in it's spot take a few tokes, remembering to shake the ball/bowl every few hits. My voltage fluctuating all the while to as low as 9v and as high as 10v. They definetly need a different vvps

One thing that probably smoothes those fluctuations is the mass of the heater and the ceramic ball around it, they both seem to retain quite a bit of heat.

Vital

With as much as you handle the ball/bowl, all I can think is how much it would suck if the ball/bowl broke.

Wouldn't it be even better if it came with a spare ball/bowl just in case?

Thoughts? :shrug:

lazylathe

Almost there...
With as much as you handle the ball/bowl, all I can think is how much it would suck if the ball/bowl broke.

That would be the same as buying an EVO with a free bamboo replacement.

Good question though but as these are custom made, I am not sure what would happen.
Does anyone know if they use a consistent mold for size, shape and screen placement and size?
I would imagine this would speed things up when manufacturing.

lazylathe,

VapeEnthusiast

Troy's Army

I believe that the ceramic is quite robust. In this video, the maker shows himself pounding the bowl on a wooden table to remove the ABV.

Around 2:00

Who knows what happens if you manage to break it though :shrug:

They're very responsive to emails, so someone could just ask them! :):nod:

VapeEnthusiast,
Reactions: lazylathe

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Good question though but as these are custom made, I am not sure what would happen.
Does anyone know if they use a consistent mold for size, shape and screen placement and size?

Yes it is a mold, that's how they make the classic in bulk. (I think they are thinking more ELB?)

bornfree13

The regular style VapBong's are pretty much all built alike so a replacement ball/bowl could be possible. I could always ask but I don't wanna Jinx myself

Vital

I have to disagree with your first statement. It would be like buying an EVO and having it come with an extra Hydratube...yes...bamboo...no. Why do I say that...you aren't constantly handling the bamboo in an EVO. The bamboo would be = to the bong part IMHO. In addition to that, you can buy any Hydratube to use with an EVO and it doesn't matter, your only limited by personal preference, and what HT you can find, and lets face it, even DHGate has tons of HT replacement options. For that matter you can just use a glass mouthpiece. Even if the artisan that makes the VapBong could/would sell you a replacement that fits...I don't see how he could make a bowl/ball that matches every VapBong he creates, unless he still has/had some way to reproduce the finish and color. I think it would be easier to make a spare bowl that matches while the original is being made. How long would it take for the incredible inventor/creator/artisan to make a spare ball/bowl while making the original VapBong? Without the bowl, the VapBong would become a very expensive paperweight.

I would love one, but I would be a nervous wreck every-time me or someone other than me handled the bowl/ball. :lol:

I believe that the ceramic is quite robust. In this video, the maker shows himself pounding the bowl on a wooden table to remove the ABV.

Around 2:00

Who knows what happens if you manage to break it though :shrug:

They're very responsive to emails, so someone could just ask them! :):nod:

Wouldn't you agree that banging it on the table is a bit different than dropping it to the floor...especially a ceramic tile or wooden floor? :hmm:

Only the art section, and even those might incorporate molds. That's why all the classic look the same, so the bowl sections are identical

Yes, but again...the ball/bowl wouldn't match...that would be especially disappointing if you sprung for one of the more expensive "one of a kind designs".

I've worked with ceramics before...when I was a kid, my mom even had a kiln. What I do know is that it's nothing to make another ball (especially if they are all the same size and shape (and match the finish), if you do it while you're making the original and you still have some left over glaze.

I'm sure most of you owners would spring for a spare bowl/ball if it was reasonably priced and available when you purchase a VapBong, and it's a win, win...you have piece of mind, and the creator makes more money.

I would prefer that it came with a spare ball/bowl than a custom made funnel/dish.

Just my :2c:

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I have to disagree with your first statement. It would be like buying an EVO and having it come with an extra Hydratube..yes...bamboo...no. Why do I say that...you aren't constantly handling the bamboo in an EVO. The bamboo would be = to the bong part IMHO. In addition to that, you can buy any Hydratube to use with an EVO and it doesn't matter, your only limited by personal preference, and what HT you can find, and lets face it, even DHGate has tons of HT replacement options. For that matter you can just use a glass mouthpiece. Even if the artisan that makes the VapBong could/would sell you a replacement that fits...I don't see how he could make a bowl/ball that matches every VapBong he creates, unless he still has/had some way to reproduce the finish and color. I think it would be easier to make a spare bowl that matches while the original is being made. How long would it take for the incredible inventor/creator/artisan to make a spare ball/bowl while making the original VapBong? Without the bowl, the VapBong would become a very expensive paperweight.

I would love one, but I would be a nervous wreck every-time me or someone other than me handled the bowl/ball. :lol:

Wouldn't you agree that banging it on the table is a bit different than dropping it to the floor...especially a ceramic tile or wooden floor? :hmm:

Yes, but again...the ball/bowl wouldn't match...that would be especially disappointing if you sprung for one of the more expensive "one of a kind designs".

I've worked with ceramics before...when I was a kid, my mom even had a kiln. What I do know is that it's nothing to make another ball (especially if they are all the same size and shape (and match the finish), if you do it while you're making the original and you still have some left over glaze.

I'm sure most of you owners would spring for a spare bowl/ball if it was reasonably priced and available when you purchase a VapBong, and it's a win, win...you have piece of mind, and the creator makes more money.

I would prefer that it came with a spare ball/bowl than a custom made funnel/dish.

Just my :2c:

It will depend on the glaze of course, but many of them are standard glazes and easily repeated (having also worked with ceramics and glaze a lot myself and being familiar with the website offerings) However I completely agree a spare bowl would be extremely useful and add value to the overall package! Regardless of fragility etc.

GetLeft

Spare bowls seems like straight up good marketing to me (especially during 420 season). Folks appear to be investing a pretty penny into these things. A spare as an inexpensive throw-in now might serve to inspire folks to start a collection later. Freebie up front turns into a collection hobby. Mix and match and whatnot. While I like the matching sets, I don't mind the random non-matching look. But it's all fantasy for me at this point 'cause I have nowhere to use one of these now though some day there will be a place.

Top Bottom