Collyland Aromatizer (formerly Vapbong by Art of Vapor)

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
It's even worse for me. I already paid for mine and now it's lost :(

How long has it been missing? I know, that sucks, but maybe it will still turn up? Sometimes with international shipments especially, and tracking isn't always reliable, depending how it was shipped, but yeah ultimately without insurance there's not much that can be done...? For something so expensive that is very upsetting, I hope it comes through for you!

@Shit Snacks Yes it is glazed ceramic, they use Mayco ceramic glaze. Its nice and slick and cleans very well

I'm sure they make replacement parts.

I wouldn't go for design #2 since the mouthpiece would definitely get too warm to the Hester. It gets quite warm after a long session, and I like the bong mouthpiece more. A heavier inhale gives more vapor, so opening the mouth wider for easier lung draws works better.

Unknown if there are sales, I'll contact em

Is there not a part that is unglazed though? That's why I'm asking, about the interior glaze, since I feel like I can see some unglazed parts? Could just be the way it looks and it has a clear glaze? I've worked with ceramic and try to make a few bongs myself back in the day, so it would be understandable if they needed to have some parts unglazed for fit (which could also help getting a replacement part that fits)

I can see what you mean about the wider mouth, I like the idea of having more versatile mouthpiece options (perhaps allowing a smoother pull), but it would be annoying to only be able to use it with some sort of mod that may or may not work well... Reason enough to go with the standard I suppose, that surfing one it's pretty crazy though and seems like a nice form factor!

If you speak to them, could you ask them to make more plain vapbongs for sale, with a wide variety of glazes? I really like the ones with the pot leaf and oriental(?) symbol, but I want them without the leaf/symbol, just plain one color of glaze with all the speckles and such, smooth...

Seems silly to try to do a custom order just for that, someday I would like to do a custom like the shark though!

Dang that shark vape is so sick!! Still think this is the coolest vape on the market!

Yeah! They do turtles frogs spiders, so many other crazy things, but I really like seeing what they can do with the standard two sphere design, like these animals, very much my style

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

High
Just keep checking the website. They add "blems" to the vapbong list and call them B stock. The vapbong works like it's supposed to it's just that the glaze isn't perfect.
I paid around 270 American

Ah thank you! I had no idea there was another section of the shop, no wonder those were all a little more pricey and so many were super fancy, that was the art section!

So even those basic ones were slightly above basic. In the classic section I see what I was describing, the same nice speckled glazes without the extra stuff. I see several I like for €329.00 so probably around $381 shipped... A bit more palatable, maybe moreso with a sale...

Yeah $270 for an imperfect one sounds like a really nice deal actually, but the glaze was always one of my favorite parts about ceramics, so I think I would need to have a non b stock... There is one available now, but it's the woodland fantasy (I would prefer one of the blue or orange glazes personally)

Last edited:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
giphy.gif

Shit Snacks

High

It's probably on here somewhere but I'm Old and I'm stoned and I always wondered how do you have your vapes always listed at the bottom of your message?
Hell! A lot of people

At the top, if you click your user name, it will show various things for profile, one of them is signature. Click that and you can edit the bottom to list vapes. You can also change whats written beneath your name when you post, in the profile

Xclerk

The Universe is our endless supply
These things are awesome. Def added to my list for 2020. I may have to go w b stock as i been going a little crazy w my vas lately. I think maybe there is a company in spajn already copying theses. These are truly unique.

deadlytoaster

Canadian lost in Europe
^ Which company in Spain?

I think the start of the show is really the ceramic build - is has a far superior thermal properties than glass and once that heater gets up to speed, you have an immense amount of thermal available at your disposal.

The flavor is terrific, the user experience is so organic and satisfying, and the hits are powerful.
Session convection at its finest.

I'm interested in a custom piece now!!

Their 'Hall of Fame' has some interesting choices! I'm also fond of the one where you can inhale through the ass of someone in a yoga pose. hmmm...

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I think the start of the show is really the ceramic build - is has a far superior thermal properties than glass and once that heater gets up to speed, you have an immense amount of thermal available at your disposal.

Aren't the thermal properties of porcelain quite similar to glass? The heater itself is nichrome according to Dr. Colly's build videos.

invertedisdead,
Reactions: bornfree13

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
The ceramic is much less sensitive to thermal shock and breaking compared to glass.

I asked them directly last week which material is used in the heating element. They said 'Kanthal Draht' and they use Mayco Glazes for the ceramic.

Well I hope you don't drop it to test that one out! :D

you're right it is kanthal wire, I always mix that up in my head with nichrome but yeah, kanthal is what he says in his build videos. There's a few on YouTube where he builds the heater if you haven't seen them, cool stuff!

Shit Snacks

That is because imgur blacklisted FC so we must boycott them. The link did work for me once I refreshed the page after clicking through to it, but here is the photo via pasting bb code IMG brackets (without url) from imgbb.com :

Screenshot-20200327-112947.png

Definitely looking good! I can see that this b stock's glaze issues are pretty minimal, the one on the site right now looks a little more spotty to me though, so I prefer perfect glaze personally...

Forgot how heavy ceramics would be, I guess this is one you might need to leave on the desk, though I hope the mouthpiece angle is comfortable for that... Perhaps not the easiest to store around somewhere, a nice display cabinet would be ideal for these!

deadlytoaster

Canadian lost in Europe
Yeah they're pretty substantial in weight! To me it feels nice having something so stable and sturdy and not likely to get knocked down by my inherently clumsy nature.

Set it to 11.0-11.4v, let it heat-soak, and then let it rip! I've had top tier results with it and the experience of using such a device is what makes it so lovely to me, not to mention the performance is on part with or better than the Herborizer Ti and other high-end vapes I've had

Shit Snacks

Yeah they're pretty substantial in weight! To me it feels nice having something so stable and sturdy and not likely to get knocked down by my inherently clumsy nature.

Set it to 11.0-11.4v, let it heat-soak, and then let it rip! I've had top tier results with it and the experience of using such a device is what makes it so lovely to me, not to mention the performance is on part with or better than the Herborizer Ti and other high-end vapes I've had

:mmmm: I did send them an email message through their site asking a few questions...

Shit Snacks

Which questions? Support is pretty awesome, had a good time communicating with them

I filled out the contact form instead of emailing directly, figured I could try that if I don't get a response... Just little details about the weird one we were discussing here, potential for adding to its mouthpiece etc to help for things getting too hot potentially, and if there might be a 420 sale or more b stock coming... also asked to help to decide on azure blue or koi pond if I were to get classic available now. Of course complimenting their work as well, since I work with ceramics myself, though it has been a while unfortunately

Last edited:

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Ooohkay.

First of all: thank you @deadlytoaster for letting me babysit your VapBong. Only time will tell if trusting me on that was that good of an idea, but anyway: thank you.

So here's the thing: if it wasn't for @deadlytoaster I would have hardly take the VapBong into account; I never really enjoyed bongs, I don't like the concept of desktop vaporizers, stylewise I'm definitely more into minimalist and / or elegant kinda stuff, (honestly: at first glance the VapBong looks a bit like an alien sextoy to me, which is not always a bad thing, but yeah...). The VapBong is the polar opposite in pretty much every aspect of what I'm looking for. Which makes the opportunity to thoroughly test this even more interesting.

These are first impressions, though: I tossed .15g of Amnesia Haze into the cute ball, which is just the right amount to cover the screen nicely, I suppose you could go down to .1 or .075g and up to... well, pretty much any amount that can be considered sane and a bit more I believe. Set the dial at 11.0V, waited a few minutes (will wait a bit longer next time), first hit was a bit wispy yet, but *very* pure and flavorful. For me things started to get more interesting at about 11.4V. The draw is extremely free flowing, the sound and feel of the water doing its job kinda soothing. The device is pretty heavy, but well balanced. It's fun to use. Performancewise I will have to do a little more testing, because I'm sure you can use it both in a soft and hard hitting way. The 11.4V I kept it mostly at gave me about a good dozen of healthy (& tasty!) hits. What I find interesting is that those hits were very even and consistent to each other, only diminishing in flavor and density at the very end of the session. I totally enjoyed the change of pace from the devices I usually use (Dynavaps & Tinymight). However, this very first session got me skyhigh, slow paced or not.

The VapBong has a quite a bit of a handmade vibe, but everything fits perfectly and is completely sealed, pretty amazing job there. Being able to separate the chamber / ball makes it easy to load / unload the herb and also allows to quickly check the herb in between hits, that's really cool. I did not stir until the very end of the session and would say with the amount I used it's not necessary to stir, it looked about 94.5% even to me, but it should also be mentioned that stirring is actually fun with the VapBong. Because you can simply toss the load in your hand (or a tray, like the nice one it comes with) and toss it back into the ball, shake a bit to let it sit on the screen, set it back on the device → Rock'n'Roll. Quick, no mess, easy.

The dial is a bit finicky, you need to be extra tender to precisely set a voltage, but it's doable. For some reason it seems to go down by .1 or .2V after a few minutes, not sure why that is, but it's not a big deal to me.

Dr. Colly is such a dedicated and cool guy and obviously has a very good idea of what he's doing there. It's wöööörking indeed.

bornfree13

That is because imgur blacklisted FC so we must boycott them. The link did work for me once I refreshed the page after clicking through to it, but here is the photo via pasting bb code IMG brackets (without url) from imgbb.com :

Screenshot-20200327-112947.png

High
Thanx for the help SS

I actually got a brown funnel because the one made for this unit got damaged and I think that's what makes this a B stock.I think it compliments the unit well

Last edited by a moderator:

deadlytoaster

Canadian lost in Europe
@Siebter I liked to stir it by picking up the bowl, covering one hand over the hole and just shaking a couple times like a maraca!

Post more impressions when you have more time with it and one day, consider mega-dosing with it. I was completely floored and higher than I was with a fully loaded Plenty bowl. ;)

Perhaps that's not even a good thing, but a fun party trick once in a while.

Top Bottom