1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

The Ubie

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by daydreamer, Aug 21, 2010.

1. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

I put most of my videos on private after an uncomfortable public incident.
    I makle arrangements for members to view it on request, and have written to you.

Vicki likes this.
  2. dreamhouse

dreamhouse New Member

Thank you!

Vitolo likes this.
  3. Zookeeper

Zookeeper Well-Known Member

The ubie is what introduced me to vaping. It really lets you see exactly how efficient a vape can be.

4. MrNaturalAZ

MrNaturalAZ Well-Known Member

I somehow stumbled upon the Ubie one day after reading a mention of it somewhere (I think it was in the comments on some blog or maybe a HT article). I thought for the price, what the heck. It looked like about as simple as a vape can get and still work, small, flame-powered (no batt/electric needed), and best of all dirt cheap and damn-near disposable at a impulse-buy price.

I ordered it on Friday (actually a two-pack) and it appeared in my mailbox today (Monday) - can't get much faster than that. Interestingly old-school, too: longhand-addressed envelope with postage stamps!

Apparently it is no longer free shipping, so it was $15 each or two for $20 plus another five bucks shipping. Anyhow, I'll report back once I've had a chance to try it out.

5. MrNaturalAZ

MrNaturalAZ Well-Known Member

Wow... it's been two months since...
    And finally I return with my report. I really really wanted to like this. I tend to appreciate simple elegance. Or is it elegant simplicity? OTOH, Wasn't it Einstein who said things should be made "as simple as possible, but not simpler"?

Anyhow, I just couldn't get the hang of it. Following the included instructions exactly, I got no vaporization aside from some low-temp flavinoids. I carefully experimented with flame distance and position, but simply couldn't find that magic point where I could consistently get good clean vapor. Seemed I got either nothing or borderline combustion. In the latter instance, I could see a bit of blue flame sucked into the Ubie glass.

Bottom line? I'll probably keep it around - enough of a novelty to not discard it, and maybe I'll be bored and curious one day and decide to have another go at it. But for now it joins my collection of failed experim.., er, learning experiences.

OF and Vitolo like this.
  6. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

Experiment also with grind and dryness.
    It is not good for me for a regular tool, but in a pinch, I can get a couple of hits of vapor.
    The vapor generally is not thick, but is medicating none the less.
    A tiny touch of high grade herb will give you those couple of wisps of vapor that can get you there.

MrNaturalAZ and OF like this.
  7. OF

OF Well-Known Member

I gotta agree with 'the Sage of the High Desert' here. With good herb and careful heating one can
    'get lucky' and get a solid hit or two before regrouping for another try. Not a very good option for regular, serious duty......but sometimes fun to use.

Sometimes the journey can be more important than the destination?

OF

Vitolo and MrNaturalAZ like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors