The Summit by Vapium (Formerly MARK 1)

Madcap79

Jack of all trades, master of none.
Got to try out my unit during the 12 hours I was home on Monday night and I enjoy it. Did a couple runs at the highest temp before trying it and did smell a plastic-y smell around the bowl area and a slight taste on the first few empty pulls. The taste has subsided and I hope the smell does as well. I must say that I had to put my nose basically against the unit to smell it. It is made of a plastic case so it is to be expected I believe. Got to run 1 bowl through it at half yellow. It was quite enjoyable although I was hoping for a slightly less restricted pull. Not a big deal, just an observation. Hope to get to try it more as I'm on my way home this morning. Cheers!

Last edited:

subway13029

Sticks you gotta try mine..next time we meet up..I'll let u borrow for a lil bit and see what u think..

subway13029,

OF

I'm continuing to enjoy my Summit. Very glad I got it.

I'm in the habit of taking quick 'sanity breaks' throughout the day. Living in 'Sunny California' that usually means an opportunity to duck into the garden to enjoy a few minutes of reflection at the same time. Sometimes more than a few.....

Lately, that means grabbing the Summit as often as not. And 'not' includes a fair number of other proven choices. Summit is just so easy to use for such casual times, stealth is not really a factor nor is the ultimate weed experience (although we do have our standards......). Fast, sure, reliable, consistent, and convenient are factors here.

Not only is 'the user interface' near ideal for this IMO, but the ease of opening/inspecting/stirring the load is also a strong point. Battery life is reasonable, and recharges very fast (under an hour). Only one button to worry about, optimized for grabbing a quick few hits (short cycles, auto standby/shutdown, fast heat up, and so on).

There's a lot of wizz bang stuff inside there to make it simple on us:
V0pqdKL.jpg

There are 3 circuit boards in there, and the vapor path is welded Stainless steel and super easy to get 'spotless' with a bit of ISO, a paper towel and a couple pipe cleaners in a minute or two.

The Chinese have a saying about their food being cut into bite size pieces: 'the cook works hard so the diners don't have to'. Here, technology has been pushed to make it easy on the user......pretty cool?

If you're attracted to such features and you're 'thinking about one', I suggest "time's a wastin'".........

OF

OyVape

There's a lot of wizz bang stuff insideThere are 3 circuit boards in there, and the vapor path is welded Stainless steel and super easy to get 'spotless' with a bit of ISO, a paper towel and a couple pipe cleaners in a minute or two.

OF

OK so where is the vapor path in this pic? Underneath the circuit boards? And how the heck did you get it open? I've only been able to shove pipe cleaners in for cleaning but didn't think it was "user-openable".

OyVape,
Reactions: OF

OF

OK so where is the vapor path in this pic? Underneath the circuit boards? And how the heck did you get it open? I've only been able to shove pipe cleaners in for cleaning but didn't think it was "user-openable".

It's not intended for owners to open it up any more than your cell phone is. This is supposedly designed by 'cell phone engineers', something I believe is true. There are no 'user serviceable parts' inside (even if your soldering skills are very good), I recommend not opening it, there's nothing to gain and a serious risk (past voiding your warranty) by doing so. That includes battery replacement.

I published the photo (just as I did with Air) to show folks what's in there (for the curious) and to explain why I don't think it's a good idea to disassemble.

You've already seen the vapor path if you've cleaned yours. The SS tube from the MP to the bowl is welded (no doubt 'TIG' or other Inert Gas technique) to the body of the bowl. You can see the weld if you remove the screen. Not much to it, but also no chances of a leak.

Pipe cleaners are the recommended tool.......not surprising since they were designed for just this job. Pipe smoker's experience suggests two 'tricks'. First gently bend the last 3/8 inch or so of the end you feed it 'up' maybe 15 degrees and use it to 'feel' for the bend under the bowl and guide the end up (come from the MP end). Secondly, as soon as the end gets through, stop and wrap the last bit of the other end around a toothpick a couple of times (making a small coil). Then grap the other end with pliers or bend it over (say the last 1/4 inch), catch that tab with your thumbnail, pinch it against the side of your index finger and pull it through. The coils will straighten some (into a spiral) and scrub the walls of the tube all the way through. I use two, one with a bit of ISO, the second to dry. You can do no better with the unit open. Cleaning as directed is the best idea IMO.

OF

Madcap79

Been enjoying my Summit lately as well. Great one two combo with the AA for road trips in which I can drive to the location. Quick charge and heat up time. Just need to start using a screen to help keep the herb compact. I tend to use small amounts. Overall, quite pleased with the unit

Madcap79,

OyVape

Been enjoying my Summit lately as well. Great one two combo with the AA for road trips in which I can drive to the location. Quick charge and heat up time. Just need to start using a screen to help keep the herb compact. I tend to use small amounts. Overall, quite pleased with the unit

Agreed! Just drove to the beach for a week and back, with that same combination. Vaping all the way, including actually ON the crowded beach. Nobody noticed or nobody even cared. :D

Sungodv

Just got mine and it must be newer as the USB cover is attached and swivels like a phones USB cover. Won't start / power on with the cap off, nor will it keep heating with it off. Vibrates a bit more too(?). Cool they are doing well. These Canucks sure know how to design vaporizers. :tup: So far am happy with my purchase - wish I had bought this before the first two cheap-o's, but it seems to be the right of passage for some. :rolleyes:
Any info on keeping the screen more in place?

Last edited:

OF

Won't start / power on with the cap off, nor will it keep heating with it off.

Any info on keeping the screen more in place when empty?

Actually there's some sort of timer (about 15 seconds?) such that you can remove the cover, stir/inspect the load, and put the cover on and have it resume the session. Exceed that and it reverts to standby?

As far as keeping the screen in place, I don't have that problem, I weight mine down with about .2 grams of medium ground herb, loosely packed....... Perhaps bending the tab outward a bit? However, a friends has a very neat weld job on the bottom of the bowl, the flat screen was able to seal around the hole for the tube killing the draw. A slight 'dome' fixed that quickly. The bead in mine is 'proud' (sticks up) enough to prevent this.

Nifty thing, alright.

OF

OF,

Sungodv

We'll see how the bowl cakes up a bit with use and may hold it better. Tried bending the tab, but that didn't do much so I bent it back. Yes, it does let you do the 15 second stir, but if you have the cap off, it won't turn on from off, just flashes the blue light, and if you leave it off the Summit will turn off if on. Only thing I would wish for is a bit stronger lid magnets. Now to experiment with temps. Cooked my first small bowl with 7...or was that 8?

Madcap79

We'll see how the bowl cakes up a bit with use and may hold it better. Tried bending the tab, but that didn't do much so I bent it back. Yes, it does let you do the 15 second stir, but if you have the cap off, it won't turn on from off, just flashes the blue light, and if you leave it off the Summit will turn off if on. Only thing I would wish for is a bit stronger lid magnets. Now to experiment with temps. Cooked my first small bowl with 7...or was that 8?
I like to use colors and half colors to reference temp. Haha. No counting that way. Easier for me at least.

Madcap79,

neverforget711

got it back today. they've changed the USB cap. it's not too easy to dig at either, I have to a use pipe tool to be certain.
8FvqntK.jpg

I've also taken to using the summit for pipe tobacco, switching to a corncob in its absence. After coming back to the summit, I am more aware of how this device is an all-electric equivalent. The same packing and breathing techniques translate.
They've also made the rubber bit at the end tougher, you can put it in a carabiner/lanyard for a self-contained kit.
MfYn3wR.jpg

Edit:How are photos added?

mod note: Edited to fix picture links. Please read How to post pictures.

Last edited by a moderator:
neverforget711,
Reactions: Madcap79

Sungodv

Thanks go to OF, pushing the screen down to the bottom with the supplied tool did the trick of holding it in place. Will need the tool now to remove it. What a well made and affordable device. :clap:

Last edited:

blabau

Hello everybody!

I'm new here and have some doubts about how the batery really works on normal usage.

I have the summit from a few days ago, the model with te usb protection atached to the body. Its my first portable and i cant compare with any other.

The chargue time is arround 40-45 minutes and i can use at least 3 half sesions at 5 temperature (one bowl for sesion). Thats the normaly autonomy for this unit or maybe works a bit under the specifictions?

Apologise for my school english, im from Spain.

OF

The chargue time is arround 40-45 minutes and i can use at least 3 half sesions at 5 temperature (one bowl for sesion). Thats the normaly autonomy for this unit or maybe works a bit under the specifictions?

Apologise for my school english, im from Spain.

First off, welcome to the Forum. Good choice with Summit I think, I like mine.

Yes, I think that's normal battery life. 40 or 45 minutes is what I find, and my use is similar. I suggest you enjoy it. I haven't decided for sure, but I think stirring is important for the results I'm looking for. Are you trying that?

Nothing to be sorry for WRT to your English, you're communicating just fine. Trust me, you sure don't want to hear my 'School Spanish'......... I know enough to order beer, find the rest room and get my face slapped.

OF

blabau

Thank guys for the fast answers!

When you say "starring", is like "shake" or "move" the herb with the tool?

If is that i don't do it for now, at anyway the vaped herb seems homogenic toasted.

OF

Thank guys for the fast answers!

When you say "starring", is like "shake" or "move" the herb with the tool?

If is that i don't do it for now, at anyway the vaped herb seems homogenic toasted.

Stirring, as in to mix up. I use a wooden toothpick or another favorite tool, a horseshoe nail to mix it in the bowl then gently press it down again (the horseshoe nail is handy for this, the head is nicely shaped).

Summit is a conduction vape, it spreads heat through the load by physical contact. Putting the freshest possible herb against the metal will speed up production on the next hit......and quick is Summit's strong suit. Please give it a try and see what you think? TIA

OF

blabau

OF said:
Stirring, as in to mix up. I use a wooden toothpick or another favorite tool, a horseshoe nail to mix it in the bowl then gently press it down again (the horseshoe nail is handy for this, the head is nicely shaped).

Summit is a conduction vape, it spreads heat through the load by physical contact. Putting the freshest possible herb against the metal will speed up production on the next hit......and quick is Summit's strong suit. Please give it a try and see what you think? TIA

OF
Ok, tried las night. IMO if you stirring a few times betwen the hits, that ones are a bit fresh tasty, more necesary if you full the chamber at the top and put the herbs compacted.

At anyway, i think is a great vape, but to be a fully portable, you need a extra power bank. I have the Spring accesory too, suplies for 2 or 3 chargues more, but im thinking to buy another batery more.

blabau,

sickmanfraud

Ok, tried las night. IMO if you stirring a few times betwen the hits, that ones are a bit fresh tasty, more necesary if you full the chamber at the top and put the herbs compacted.

At anyway, i think is a great vape, but to be a fully portable, you need a extra power bank. I have the Spring accesory too, suplies for 2 or 3 chargues more, but im thinking to buy another batery more.

Did you say the Vapium has changeable batteries???

sickmanfraud,

KWest

Hello kind friends!

So, I am like an old guy. Enjoying fine herbs now for 40 years since age 12. I know, right? It was 7th grade and there was this joint and, well anyway. About 3 weeks ago, my lungs demanded that I stop smoking my lovely buds and throw down on a vape. I was wheezing and coughing. So I am vet smoker yet am brand new at this. I chose a Cloud V Mini as a starter but did not like the quick burn. So I researched a bit and have a new Summit. I have read all of the posts. I am happy to find a group of friendly and knowledgeable folks here. And am thrilled to report that I have been very successful in using the device thanks to the pointers you have so graciously posted. My lungs are the clearest they have been in years! I feel so much better! And my gosh! These flavors!! I ran the battery down on my lovely vape and picked up my old one hitter. It tasted like an ash tray! I will never smoke again! I bought a grinder too. I have a giant hunk of kief hash I made with an iron to show for it. :) The lack of aroma has been life altering as well. For the first time ever, I have been able to smoke inside with little aroma to offend my family. I still keep the festivities limited to my home studio but no longer need to worry about the smell. I just wanted to say it was due to the information I found here that I made the switch. And as a newb the Summit has been an awesome way to get started! I must say that I am now eyeballing the Firefly. Better?

Thank you Good People!! Thank you!

OF

So, I am like an old guy.

I ran the battery down on my lovely vape and picked up my old one hitter. It tasted like an ash tray! I will never smoke again!

I just wanted to say it was due to the information I found here that I made the switch. And as a newb the Summit has been an awesome way to get started! I must say that I am now eyeballing the Firefly. Better?

First off, howdy! Welcome to the Forum and all the fun. You're spot on, lots of great, helpful, folks around here. I'm sensing you'll be fitting in right there real soon.

What's this "like an old guy"? Nothing in life is like being an old guy, nothing prepares you....

Your message is 'what we live for'. We're definitely in favor of vaporizing over blazing......you may have noticed the Forum name? You're off on one thing, that old one hitter IS an ashtray?

You should definitely get a backup vape, both for insurance and to have something handy for a change of pace. Normally I'd suggest you look into Solo or Air (and you might still want to), but they're pretty close to Summit in key ways. Otherwise, Vapor Genie and a personal favorite, Vapman, are both worth considering I think. Both are powered by Butane lighters (small torch type preferred) and put the user in control of the action. They are a joy to use once you get the hang of them and vaping, surprisingly efficient and under $100. In that same 'learn a lot about vaping by controlling the action area is Magic Flight Launch Box. All of them have solid histories and followings reflected in their threads.

When it comes time to lay your money down, you should also consider Puff It Up and Planet Vape, both strong supporters of these forums often listed at the bottom of the pages. Randy (at PIU) is a true Customer Suppor Hero. No better guy when problems come up. PV makes/sells some unique stuff and you can currently save like 20% on the 'spread' between their dollar and ours. Both offer discounts to FC members.

Sorry to ramble, but you got it started......

OF

Top Bottom