The Summit by Vapium (Formerly MARK 1)

Vapenvy

Indie vaper
Is battery life a know issue on these things? My only complaint so far is that a charge doesn't quite last a single fill.

Yeah. battery life is it's achilles heel.

I get about 3 sessions out of mine, which is around 1 1/2 bowls for me.

However, it fully charges in approx 45 mins, even from a small battery pack, and can be used while charging, so best solution is grab a small battery pack to take along. The small battery packs with a single 18650 battery inside is almost the same size as the Summit, so both fit easily in a pocket, and i found gives at least 2 charges, so that is approx 9 sessions all up with that pack.

Vapenvy,
Reactions: OF

OF

The newer Summit plus has increased battery capacity.

Any idea how much more?

Do you have one? Can you change the buzzing so it also buzzes when it time out and goes back into standby. Nothing like trying to hit a cold Summit when you wanted something different.....

TIA

OF

OF,

neverforget711

Any idea how much more?

Do you have one? Can you change the buzzing so it also buzzes when it time out and goes back into standby. Nothing like trying to hit a cold Summit when you wanted something different.....

TIA

OF
3300Mah just like a high end smartphone. Needless to say it may very well sap like on too.:p

neverforget711,

OF

3300Mah just like a high end smartphone. Needless to say it may very well sap like on too.:p

Thanks, that seems like a useful increase, I wonder how much of that is 'accessible'. That is, IIRC you could only get about half the claimed capacity in practice between 'full' and cutoff......I, of course, can't find those notes......

Do you know if you can program the alarms so you can get notification when it 'goes back to sleep'?

Funny, PIU (where I bought mine) no longer sells them???? I wonder what's up there? In fact none of 'the usual suspects'??? You can order direct, and there's a store locator that says if you're not in the NE or Texas you're SOL.......

Not the sort of progress you might hope for.

OF

OF,

OF

There is supposed to be a bluetooth app. Don't really know what settings the app allows.

Just found the Summit plus available for sale by PIU ? http://www.puffitup.com/Vapium-Summit-p/vap.sum.htm

Thanks for finding it at PIU, I wonder why I couldn't??? That makes me feel better (Randy selling it).

Hopefully someone who had the new version can answer the 'can you change the alarms' question. To me, right now, it's not worth the replacement cost to get more capacity alone......this one is working too well to be casually retired.

Thanks again.

OF

OF,

sickmanfraud

Thanks for finding it at PIU, I wonder why I couldn't??? That makes me feel better (Randy selling it).

Hopefully someone who had the new version can answer the 'can you change the alarms' question. To me, right now, it's not worth the replacement cost to get more capacity alone......this one is working too well to be casually retired.

Thanks again.

OF

I guess it is possible you were looking at the exact moment that PIU took the Summit down and added the Summit plus!?

sickmanfraud,

OF

I guess it is possible you were looking at the exact moment that PIU took the Summit down and added the Summit plus!?

Of course! That's gotta be it! I love the way you think......

Classic Okie Logic "You lie and I'll swear to it". For those not in on the joke "Okies" were refugees from the 'great dust bowl' in the last big depression. Poor farm types fleeing the endless 'dust storms' that came from the drought. They followed the advice 'rain follows the plow' from the government that encouraged them to plow up the dust in the absence of any rain. Thousands of poor folks hit the roads with their 'backwards' ways. These are the folks Steinbeck wrote about in "Grapes of Wrath":
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Grapes_of_Wrath

Part of my family came from that adventure......some called 'sooners' (a reference to those who cheated on 'the great Oklahoma Land Rush' by sneaking into the area before the great race started to stake out the best places. Okies call other Okies that have more than them 'Sooners':
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Land_Rush_of_1889

Great photo there of the men on horseback racing to get there first. The family followed by wagon, typically driven by the women. Folks were made of different stuff then. When I was young the older family members would tease the still older ones by dismissing them as a 'sooner'.

So that's it, I'm innocent and I got a witness to back me up! Granted he's on FC and not using his real name but........

OF

Last edited:

Zingbuddah

Vaporologist

Unfortunately for you guys, I have been stalking the PIU Vapium page for the last two weeks waiting for them to restock...the page has been there the WHOLE time ;)

Good news is that (as always) PIU worked with me to let me know when the restock happened and get my order on the next shipment out!! Looking forward to giving the Summit+ a test drive this afternoon :)

Zingbuddah,

OF

Unfortunately for you guys, I have been stalking the PIU Vapium page for the last two weeks waiting for them to restock...the page has been there the WHOLE time ;)

You have proof? He has more posts than you, don't force me to decide who to believe here........

I hope you get your Summit on schedule (or even before....) and are soon enjoying it (which I've no doubt you will once you sort it out). Remember to fully charge (even 'overcharge') the first time before use (if you care about maximum battery use).

OF

sickmanfraud

Of course! That's gotta be it! I love the way you think......

Classic Okie Logic "You lie and I'll swear to it". For those not in on the joke "Okies" were refugees from the 'great dust bowl' in the last big depression. Poor farm types fleeing the endless 'dust storms' that came from the drought. They followed the advice 'rain follows the plow' from the government that encouraged them to plow up the dust in the absence of any rain. Thousands of poor folks hit the roads with their 'backwards' ways. These are the folks Steinbeck wrote about in "Grapes of Wrath":
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Grapes_of_Wrath

Part of my family came from that adventure......some called 'sooners' (a reference to those who cheated on 'the great Oklahoma Land Rush' by sneaking into the area before the great race started to stake out the best places. Okies call other Okies that have more than them 'Sooners':
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Land_Rush_of_1889

Great photo there of the men on horseback racing to get there first. The family followed by wagon, typically driven by the women. Folks were made of different stuff then. When I was young the older family members would tease the still older ones by dismissing them as a 'sooner'.

So that's it, I'm innocent and I got a witness to back me up! Granted he's on FC and not using his real name but........

OF

No one in my family called each other Okie or Sooners.

The family rule was "call me what you like, just don't call me late for supper "

sickmanfraud,

Zingbuddah

Vaporologist
Summit+ received...and charging per OF's suggestion.

Confirmed that it's the new model that's in stock at PIU....has Bluetooth and the pick tool integrated into it. I'm really surprised at how tiny it is...and how rugged it's built.

I did play with it for a moment prior to relegating it to my charging station....easy to pair with Bluetooth and the app is pretty straightforward.

The one issue I've found is the lack of the USB charger....PIU and Vapium's page both say it's to be included but one picture on Vapium's site shows it sans charger....maybe trying to shave costs? (ETA: Confirmed with PIU that the charger is now a separate item)

...and now the wait begins to get this charged and enjoy the first bowl!!!

Last edited:

OF

I did play with it for a moment prior to relegating it to my charging station....easy to pair with Bluetooth and the app is pretty straightforward.
Thanks for the update. Good times ahead.

When you play with the app enough to figure out if it'll allow you to set an alarm for when the session times out (and it goes back into standby), please let us know?

IMO a major shortcoming for the vape in stealth mode (where you might keep it out of sight in your pocket say until you sneak a hit). Nothing spoils a long anticipated hit on the sly more than a cold vape when you suck......don't ask me how I found this out, it's not a happy story.

Thanks in advance, and by all means enjoy your unit. FWIW I get best results with fine grind and modest packing. You need it tight enough to conduct the heat well but not so much to block the vapor. Also be aware that the bottom plate (the one with the tiny holes) can, if it's flat enough and the weld in the bottom of the bowl flat enough, seal tight and block most of the vapor holes. A slight bend or crease fixes this. I had it come up more restricted after cleaning than before.....which can get you to scratch your head a mite.

Regards,

OF

Zingbuddah

Vaporologist
No luck with the adjusting the buzz with the app. The only real (useful) option it gives aside from temp control is extending the session length.

There is a section for firmware updates, so there is still hope.

I agree that the buzz when timing out (maybe the option for an alarm on your phone) would be pretty handy. As a new user I didn't catch the fact that the button was flashing and I wasn't accomplishing much.

OF

No luck with the adjusting the buzz with the app. The only real (useful) option it gives aside from temp control is extending the session length.

There is a section for firmware updates, so there is still hope.

Thanks for the unfortunate (but expected) news.

As you say, perhaps they will 'come around' in the future. Still a useful unit, but with that option.....

OF

OF,
Reactions: Sungodv

Vapenvy

Indie vaper

What is the max length it can be extended to?

I also would like to see (feel...) a buzz on time out, but at least extending the session length mitigates this to some degree.

Does anyone know the size of the original battery?. The new one is said to be 3300mah but i can't find any info on the old one. Cheers

Zingbuddah

Vaporologist
What is the max length it can be extended to?

I also would like to see (feel...) a buzz on time out, but at least extending the session length mitigates this to some degree.

Does anyone know the size of the original battery?. The new one is said to be 3300mah but i can't find any info on the old one. Cheers

The session can be set for 30,60,90 and 120 seconds thru the app. The app doesn't need the Summit+ to work, so you can test it fully prior to purchase.

As for the battery, I had to do some digging and ended up referencing OF's disassebly picture which show it as a 1100mah battery, 1/3 of the current 3300mah.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-summit-by-vapium-formerly-mark-1.15009/page-7#post-816234

Now I haven't had the time to do the raw numbers, but Vapium does indicate that the battery life will be slightly reduced if the bluetooth is paired to a phone during use.

So far I've had a couple of session and the battery is still at three lights.

Thanks for the help again @OF getting me going a little quicker....

You have proof? He has more posts than you, don't force me to decide who to believe here........

Nice timing on the ribbing for my low post count....I'm trying for Quality of Quantity but I did celebrate my five year anniversary here yesterday!!!

ef8YWpy.jpg
[/IMG]
ef8YWpy.jpg

OF

Nice timing on the ribbing for my low post count....I'm trying for Quality of Quantity but I did celebrate my five year anniversary here yesterday!!!

Blind luck, but glad to return a smile anyway, only fair you know.

Thanks again for your contributions.

OF

OF,

Sungodv

Quick update on the OG Summit warranty saga if anyone was wondering. Vapium ended up honoring their warranty on the mouthpiece even though the unit was purchased through eBay. It cracked completely on the inside shortly after the new one arrived so it was nice to have the new MP even though the broken one still essentially worked. Not sure if playing with the magnetic pull did the inside in, the heat or the one or two times it fell on the floor. Was going to buy the plus, but my AC went out and now I'm faced with replacing the 53 year old GE pad mount unit which also requires the 23 year old furnace be replaced. Not liking Summer much this year.

neverforget711

Is there anything to do about the resin discoloring the chamber?

I have also found it better to replace the stock screens for glass ones, it allows for more contact.

neverforget711,

neverforget711

the flowers/jacks (I prefer the latter as it leaves more oven exposed) you can find at a headshop. It's a little hot to handle and you may not be able to repack it right away. you have to fidget with it to get it in and it constricts less.

Last edited:
neverforget711,

jayb420

wanting to buy this one and found a good deal on vape-smart.com. does anybody have any experience with them? service, delivery, warranty and such?

jayb420,

staticmindNL

How is the summit+ compared to other vapes in the same price class in terms of vapor quality, taste, battery life and use with smaller amounts?

staticmindNL,
Top Bottom