The Summit by Vapium (Formerly MARK 1)

OF

As far as current owners of this product, would anyone be willing to provide feedback regarding performance, efficiency, and battery after owning one of these for awhile and how long the device has been in use?? Anyone recommend a safe ISO for cleaning?

Several of us already have in this thread, have you read it? If you have and didn't find what you want, perhaps a specific question or two?

As far as ISO goes, it's basically all the same, none safer than the other. You need 'high proof', 70% is the minimum IMO, 95% is significantly better and worth looking for. Summit tends to foul under the screen and especially in the tube. Standard pipe cleaners with a dip in ISO seem to work best for me when it comes to cleaning the SS vapor path.

OF

VapeWiser

Several of us already have in this thread, have you read it? If you have and didn't find what you want, perhaps a specific question or two?
OF

Reviews I found were from when the Summit first released.

Better put when you first buy a vintage Datsun and know somebody that's had one for awhile that can tell you how it's going to break down and tips to keep it running smoothly...

Looking for that kind of feedback.

VapeWiser,

OF

It's my first vape and I like it ok. I wish the battery lasted a little longer and I definitely agree with another post about using a normal screen in the bottom and none on top. A lot depends on the quality of your material.

All makes sense to me. For sure battery life is not a strong suit with Summit. It eats up power to get to temperature fast and loses it fast between hits. It's optimized for 'grab a quick hit or two on the sly or an awkward spot and get on with it' duty. As a session vape, it's weak.

Curing, grind, and packing can offset some of this (as of course does initial potency) but can only go so far. For more formal session use, better choices are available I think?

OF

Sungodv

I have thought about a normal stainless steel screen and will now give it a try as the damn loop on the Summit screen breaks off after a while and I'm down to my last one. I thought the air flow would be better with a normal screen and it probably is. Thanks for the heads up on that.
Still love the crap outta my Summit.

Le Stache

Hello everyone. I'm a brand new member here, although I read through this forum a number of times when deciding to purchase my Summit. Lots of great info here and it was definitely this forum that convinced me to pull the trigger.

I've had my summit for about a week now and I'm liking it quite a lot. It is a lot smaller than I expected and is extremely portable.

I'm new to vaping, so I'm still learning new techniques and what not all the time. One concern I have is that I'm not able to get much, if any, visible vapor from the summit. Now, I know the lack of visible vapor doesn't mean I'm not getting medicated, I most definitely am. But it would be nice to get some visible clouds. I've read that a number of you here have mentioned you get visible vapor even on some of the lower temp settings. I get one draw with visible vapor directly after heating up on the highest 3 settings and no visible vapor at all on the lower settings.

Does anyone have any tips to help with this? I'm really not trying to chase clouds here, as I am getting good and high, but it just seems that I can't get visible vapor like others. Any tips are much appreciated.

Last edited:
Le Stache,
Reactions: OF

OF

Does anyone have any tips to help with this? I'm really not trying to chase clouds here, as I am getting good and high, but it just seems that I can't get visible vapor like others. Any tips are much appreciated.

My tip is don't get hung up on it. It's not necessary as you stated.

Cloud chasing/obsessing on visible vapor can be a counterproductive hold over from blazing. IMO the two are basically the same. THC obviously doesn't depend on visible vapor. Lighting also plays a huge role sometimes, but nobody's going to admit they fiddled the lighting to get the effect...... Let the other children brag, follow the results you like is my advice.

Over time you'll learn what they're doing different, but again you just told us it's not necessary in your case?

Regards,

OF

Madcap79

Jack of all trades, master of none.
Hello everyone. I'm a brand new member here, although I read through this forum a number of times when deciding to purchase my Summit. Lots of great info here and it was definitely this forum that convinced me to pull the trigger.

I've had my summit for about a week now and I'm liking it quite a lot. It is a lot smaller than I expected and is extremely portable.

I'm new to vaping, so I'm still learning new techniques and what not all the time. One concern I have is that I'm not able to get much, if any, visible vapor from the summit. Now, I know the lack of visible vapor doesn't mean I'm not getting medicated, I most definitely am. But it would be nice to get some visible clouds. I've read that a number of you here have mentioned you get visible vapor even on some of the lower temp settings. I get one draw with visible vapor directly after heating up on the highest 3 settings and no visible vapor at all on the lower settings.

Try taking a second screen and making a sandwich. You can push it down with the handy tool they provide. Also, don't temp step. Just go straight to the highest four temps. (Whatever your preference) Hope this helps. Welcome! :wave:

Sungodv

Whoa, tried a stainless steel screen and it needs a bit of finessing after using the stock two. You get more vapor a lot easier since there is no resistance which can make it harsher. Definitely better flavor with the stock one.
Maybe I'll try putting the stock on bottom and use the SS to hold it down!

Last edited:
Sungodv,

Vapenvy

Indie vaper
I have found the cloudiest hits are after it times out and you click the button and wait until the green light. So if you give extra time between hits for the oven to cook you get cloudier vapour.

Also, a screen on top as well as the bottom helps alot. Cooks more herb brown on top.

Medium grind is good, as too fine a grind tends to kinda clump together and block airflow, especially with the stock screens and higher temps. I really can't stress how much better this vape is (for me) without the stock screen. SS mesh for the win...

Finally, stirring after a few minutes, helps too (which is more difficult with a second screen, but i guess you gotta work it if you wanna chase them clouds) .

But yeah, as noted this isn't a big cloud producer, but it works great.

VapeWiser

It's interesting how vaping dry material varies. I was getting crazy vapor with one type of material, then the next, I was getting somewhat decent clouds on setting 2, would stir, top it off and continue to get good vapor then bump to three after about 10 minutes, stir add a little more and keeps producing clouds for a good 20 minutes, bump up to 4 until the battery dies. I charge up and still get some good capor before I dump it.

Then I had another material and was getting hardly any vapor at all on any setting until I dried it out and then got good vapor in setting 2, then 3 and 4 then 5.

Have a different material I'm currently using and I was getting no vapor. Then I packed it down super tight and hard as hell to draw vapor but I was getting very nice clouds at the end of 2, and then good on 3, stopped getting noticeable vapor and taste and it was pretty much done.

I strongly feel like this needs a good heat up period to where the chamber is consistently being heated. I always start at 2 and stay there for a good ten minutes, just pressing the go button right after it went to standby. When I start getting less and less vapor I bump it up to 3 and stay there for a good while pressing go as soon as it turns to standby.

And sometimes I just get no vapor at all so I have to fiddle. I take out the screen clean it, clean the chamber, break material down finer, let it dry out, pack it somewhat tight or pack it super tight. Also the fill level of the chamber seems to affect performance but I haven't done controlled trials to see exactly how, I just know I fill it 3/4 like the manual says and get good results and sometimes not at all, then I fill it to the black lining with just enough room for the cap, and get good results, sometimes I get nothing.

If I mess up the heating process by forgetting it went Green for Go! Or wait too long in between standby I feel like the material gets wasted and I can't get it chugging again until I empty and start over.

I also never go above setting 5 and in my experience going too high is uncomfortable for my teeth. When I try 6 or 7 I get one or two good vapor draws and then that's it and it's all burned up!

VapeWiser

When I say crazy vapor I mean someone next to me is like WOA nice. And when I say good vapor, I can see the vapor if I blow it over the Go button or in the right lighting but nobody else can see it if I just blow it straight out, and its not necessarily thick just a nice positive indicating cloud that lets me know I'm loving the summit. Sometimes I can see more but someone across the room thinks I'm totally BSing about this thing producing vapor at all. Even when my wife is sitting next to me I'm always asking if she got a good draw.

subway13029

I hate when a vape makes me have to overthink everything..am i getting vapor??is this working?is my herb dry enough??to me if you have to do these steps then a better vaporizer is in order..in a lot of ways when i show people how to vape it seems over confusing at times and there are so many rules and variables..i totally dig it but my lazy stoner buddies dont hve to time or patience..especially with alot of vapes that dont have enough power or are super finnicky..

Vapenvy

Indie vaper
I totally agree with you, but i don't think the summit is one of those vapes.

I simply grind up material, put it in and turn it on. It immediately starts heating to the last used temp and there is no guesswork. As long as it isn't packed too tight to restrict airflow I get effects. That is why i really like this thing. Simple as.

It Has never gotten blocked mid session or failed to produce, or anything requiring me to think.(again, all this is after i replaced the stock screens with standard ss ones, so some initial thinking, i guess...)

If you are trying to ensure clouds, all the above tricks and tips can help, but they aren't required, just like clouds aren't required, but some people want them if at all possible.

OF

Still love the crap outta my Summit and use it pretty much exclusively now. Much easier than getting out and setting up the Extreme Q.

Agreed. The only vape I own easier to 'grab a quick hit or two' is the ESV......for a lot more bucks. I really like the vibrating part, after getting used to it. Neat little vape for sure, glad I was tipped off to it.

OF

Madcap79

Unfortunately my Summit went kaput! Not too heavy on usage. Just quit lighting up after charging. Sending it in for warranty through PUI. I do think it's a good vape for quick hits on the go.

Madcap79

Sooooooo, I was cleaning up my Summit a bit getting it ready to ship back for warranty. I pressed the power button just to see if anything would happen. Wouldn't you know, the fucker turned on! I just ran a bowl through it and remembered why I liked it so much! I'm using a regular scene on bottom and the stock one on top of the load. Glad it's back!

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Somebody can compare the Summit with the Prima about functionality and vapor quality, please?

They seems very comparable, isn't it?

PPN,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I disagree some cheap vaporizers can compete with expensive ones (i.e Firewood, all flame based vapes, my MV is twice more expensive than my HA but vapor is not so much better....), my Storm taste as good as several other more expensive vaporizers.

AND Vapir is not famous about its previous vaporizers too! a retailer (he is selling the Prima!) told me it doesn't taste especially nice....

So, if I follow you, we can't compare the Herbalizer to anything since there is no others vaporizers in this price range...?!?

kapattack

Hello all,
I'm going a little off topic so I'll try to stay short, but I'll start by saying that I am %100 new to vaping, this is my first post here on FC, though I've read a fair amount already, and am looking into getting my first vape. I've narrowed it down to the summit, the esv, and the Alfa. In that order. VERY different price points, but I don't plan on starting a collection. I want one vape, one stealthy vape to rule them all, at least until I decide to replace it.

I like everything about the summit so far, and was interested in how it stacks up with the esv and Alfa. I like the temp ranges on the summit/esv, since I'm so new to the game. Alfa forces you to start pretty high it seems, though ive only heard good things. I don't mind dolling out extra cash for the esv if it is the beast it seems to be, it just doesn't seem as beginner friendly with all the tinkering it requires. Im scared I wouldn't know where to start, lol.

I don't want to waste too much space for those with actual unit problems, but I'd appreciate some quick opinions to help a hopeful convert. Thanks.

Peace.

kapattack,
Reactions: OF

OF

I don't want to waste too much space for those with actual unit problems, but I'd appreciate some quick opinions to help a hopeful convert. Thanks.

My opinion is the ESV is not a good call for first timers, too much 'tuning' to get results sometimes. Not a good time to be getting up to speed with vaping. More over, it and the Summit are not set up to be 'session vapes' (like new guys usually find easier to start with). They are more appropriate to grabbing a quick hit or two and moving on. I don't know the Alfa. I have the other two and would not recommend them to new users.

If stealth was not an issue, I'd suggest Solo/Air. Since it seems to be, perhaps the FT Mini? Those are session oriented vapes with glass vapor paths (therefore better than average taste and ease of cleaning).

OF

OyVape

My opinion is the ESV is not a good call for first timers, too much 'tuning' to get results sometimes. Not a good time to be getting up to speed with vaping. More over, it and the Summit are not set up to be 'session vapes' (like new guys usually find easier to start with). They are more appropriate to grabbing a quick hit or two and moving on. I don't know the Alfa. I have the other two and would not recommend them to new users.

If stealth was not an issue, I'd suggest Solo/Air. Since it seems to be, perhaps the FT Mini? Those are session oriented vapes with glass vapor paths (therefore better than average taste and ease of cleaning).

OF

I agree with OF. I have the Arizer Air, the Summit and the ESV. The Summit is very cool bur it doesn't seem to have the foolproof reliability of Arizer products. I'd also recommend the Air.

Top Bottom