• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Summit by Vapium (Formerly MARK 1)

OF

I appreciate everyone's input, and I went with the summit. Got it from PIU with a nice discount code. Should be here tomorrow. Can't wait to try it out. Might end up getting the fm mini also. They have a great price on it right now.

I hear you. Randy (PIU) got my money on those exact two in the other order. I got the Mini based on reviews in that thread when he sent me an email with a very good discount......too good to pass up as they say.

My friend had been 'working on me' for the Summit (he was right of curse) and I though playing with the FM would fend that off.....fat chance. I got a 'if this is so good, imagine what the Summit might be like? I decided that when Randy (or anyone else) offered a great price.........

Well the seed grew, withing two weeks I'd ordered Summit and of course wondered why I waited so long. Summit is different, almost elegant, in addressing a niche. First rate 'grab a quick hit and get on with it' vape, much like ESV I think? On close examination, I'm very impressed with the design and construction. Funny looking perhaps but very effective and thus far a solid performer.

OF

Sungodv

My friend had been 'working on me' for the Summit (he was right of curse) and ...OF
We don't believe in any of that kind of voodoo, man. Even from his left.:goon:
Intoxicated responses happen. :smug: Calm down, I'm talking about myself.
I appreciate everyone's input, and I went with the summit. Got it from PIU...
Experiment with it, I think you'll be happy with the taste. The more you use it, the better.
And I hope you get one of the newer ones. Let the forum know about about the Flowermate if you get one.

Last edited:
Sungodv,

Reflexion

I appreciate everyone's input, and I went with the summit. Got it from PIU with a nice discount code. Should be here tomorrow. Can't wait to try it out. Might end up getting the fm mini also. They have a great price on it right now.
I would suggest not getting the FM mini. I got one when they were very first released. Very poor performance and my worst purchase yet

Reflexion,

Gansettgreens

Well the seed grew, withing two weeks I'd ordered Summit and of course wondered why I waited so long. Summit is different, almost elegant, in addressing a niche. First rate 'grab a quick hit and get on with it' vape, much like ESV I think? On close examination, I'm very impressed with the design and construction. Funny looking perhaps but very effective and thus far a solid performer.

OF
Sounds absolutely perfect for my on-the-go needs at the moment.
Experiment with it, I think you'll be happy with the taste. The more you use it, the better.
And I hope you get one of the newer ones. Let the forum know about about the Flowermate if you get one.
I hope I get one of the newer ones as well. When I went back in the thread, I did see some people saying they needed replacements. Hoping to avoid that. Will do on the FM.
I would suggest not getting the FM mini. I got one when they were very first released. Very poor performance and my worst purchase yet
Thanks for that. I've read good things and watched a couple of videos where I saw decent performance. Not in a hurry to grab it yet. Unless the summit doesn't work out.

Gansettgreens,
Reactions: OF

OF

I've had my summit for about 2 weeks now, and I have to say it's pretty amazing. The screen on top is a must, and the battery life is my only real complaint. Serves my purpose for it very well.

I agree, although didn't appreciate the screen on top. Perhaps I should retry that. What do you see the advantage being? It's an inlet (and cold air at that) there's no fouling. It seemed to me all it was doing was keeping the load on top from vaping as fast?

TIA

Otherwise, I agree the battery is small by session standards. I think it's 'true calling' is in the 'grab a few quick hits on the sly' class.

OF

Sungodv

The additional Vapium Summit type screen on top seems to make it work better. Not sure why, but it really does. I haven't taken out my Q since I got this thing. Great vape all the way around.

Sungodv,

dawgrit

"My dad says butane is a bastard gas""
Hey, I'm new to the Vape world and looking to lower the alcohol consumption and up the conduction consumption. Trying to decide between the Summit and the Goboof Alfa. The goboof thread has me leaning towards the Alfa. Can anyone from this thread sway me towards the summit. I see they are both outdoorsy. Guess I am most concerned with getting the most and best out of my product. Thanks. Last week I didn't even know what a vape was and thanks to the people in the threads I feel I'll be able to use one like a champ right away. (except for all the rookie coughing I'll do)

dawgrit,
Reactions: Madcap79

dawgrit

"My dad says butane is a bastard gas""
Also, were there pretty good deals for green (black) Friday or Christmas? If so what usually has better deals? Thanks again!

dawgrit,

Madcap79

Jack of all trades, master of none.
Hey, I'm new to the Vape world and looking to lower the alcohol consumption and up the conduction consumption. Trying to decide between the Summit and the Goboof Alfa. The goboof thread has me leaning towards the Alfa. Can anyone from this thread sway me towards the summit. I see they are both outdoorsy. Guess I am most concerned with getting the most and best out of my product. Thanks. Last week I didn't even know what a vape was and thanks to the people in the threads I feel I'll be able to use one like a champ right away. (except for all the rookie coughing I'll do)
If you go with the Summit, pm Mr. @stickstones . He might be able to get you a good deal.

Madcap79

. Thanks a bunch Madcap, I'll check it out.
No worries. I can't compare the two units but I enjoy my Summit quite a bit! Fast heat up time. Good size bowl but you can effectively us small amounts by applying the 'double screen' method. The battery life isn't the best but it charges in under an hour.

sickmanfraud

The Summit and the Alfa each has their use. The Alfa retails for $50 more than the summit.

I bought the Summit because I am looking at some surgery in the not too distant future. I expect to be able to vape in the hospital. The Summit has a fast heat up time, as does the Alfa. My complaint against the Alfa is that the top of the vape gets uncomfortably warm.

Both are pretty stealthy, but the Alfa is easier to conceal.

I am not aware of a way to get the summit to vape through water, but I already figured a way to use the Alfa through water.

Call Randy at puffitup discuss what you want this vape to accomplish.

bud24dc

New to these forums and new to vaping. Got my summit this week and I really want to like it but I need some help to understand if it's working correctly.

I've always smoked my material and that is my basis for comparison. Overall it just does not feel like I get any vapors from it. And it seems like a lot of material used to minimal effect. I've tried every tip posted in this forum as well as others (except the glass button, which I don't have): find/loose grind, extra screen topper, various temps, various draw rates, etc.

From all the posts, it sounds like there are two generations of summit and mine is the second that has the swivel cover over USB port.

With a freshly-loaded chamber at 4-5 temp and a nice long steady draw, should I not exhale a nice blue cloud?

OF

New to these forums and new to vaping. Got my summit this week and I really want to like it but I need some help to understand if it's working correctly.

With a freshly-loaded chamber at 4-5 temp and a nice long steady draw, should I not exhale a nice blue cloud?

First off, howdy, welcome to the Forum. Lots of good folks/information around, please plan to stay awhile.

Being new to vaping is important here. We need to fix that part first. Your expectations are in the way right now. Like Pavlov's dog you've learned to associate a bunch of truly nasty junk from combustion with THC. Even without the THC you can get all kinds of dizzy off the junk. Your mind needs to break the link between being poisoned and getting off. That takes from several days to a few weeks of vaping with no blazing. Zero. Not even once to see what it was like again (unless you want to start over). It'd say the average is about two weeks? That's what it took me, how long did it take others?

Don't put too much faith on visible vapors. It's sometimes hard to find, and sometimes when very evident it's not all that effective. Focus on the process, results will come. If you put THC containing bud in and it came out brown and free of THC then you extracted all there was. If it goes in it comes out as vapor or ABV, no other options. You just didn't notice it because your brain was still waiting for the gagging, coughing and dizziness? It still hadn't delivered the 'you're stoned' signal.

If you put it in green and moist and take it out brown and dry it's working fine. Stop chasing clouds (at least for now) it's messing you up. BTW, you'll eventually learn that with vapes like this " a nice long steady draw" is not a key to success, just the opposite. Drawing lots of nice cool air in the hit only robs the heat that woudl otherwise have made vapor and dilutes what's left over. Just the opposite of what you really want? That's 'blazing logic' working against you. With blazing the long steady draw stokes the fire providing more heat.....not less as here. You gotta lose some of those old (bad) habits to play this game.

Then you too can enjoy all the benefits and cost savings and live longer doing so.

Regards.

OF

Sungodv

You can play around with the light in relation to your face during the exhale if you really want to see the exhaled vapor. When I see others exhaling vapor from the Summit I know that it's effective even it I don't always have the ideal setup to 'see' my exhale. This thing works with a short pull or long which is also cool. Plus it tastes better than a load of portables I've tried.
EDIT - I still love the Summit !

VapeWiser

Follwed the Summit for a little while and have just about made up my mind.

For those concerned about plastics and heat. I did a basic search and found an msds for a type of Torlon not saying it's used in this vape or any other, but the properties aren't totally documented in the sheet I viewed...

Storage guidelines for the compound are to keep away from hot surfaces and sources of ignition. Health and safety information in section 9 have no data and the softening point is 536F. Conditions to avoid listed on this sheet are HEAT!

Question for experienced vapers would be, most start off smoking to begin with looking for other methods for whatever purpose, and obvious enhancements of Vaping. Is non combustion even worth the risk considering heat around circuitry and wiring and inhaling those vapors into your air path?

The Summit site clearly states not for inhalation so if I buy one of these how the heck am I supposed to use it? I don't see any attachment accessories for dispersing my chamomile vapors into the air, but the Summit clearly has a mouthpiece. Do you blow in it lol? Can they disclaim a product used for inhalation when they made a product with a "Mouthpiece" clearly stated in the directions?

Don't bash me but seriously?!

VapeWiser,

Madcap79

Follwed the Summit for a little while and have just about made up my mind.

For those concerned about plastics and heat. I did a basic search and found an msds for a type of Torlon not saying it's used in this vape or any other, but the properties aren't totally documented in the sheet I viewed...

Storage guidelines for the compound are to keep away from hot surfaces and sources of ignition. Health and safety information in section 9 have no data and the softening point is 536F. Conditions to avoid listed on this sheet are HEAT!

Question for experienced vapers would be, most start off smoking to begin with looking for other methods for whatever purpose, and obvious enhancements of Vaping. Is non combustion even worth the risk considering heat around circuitry and wiring and inhaling those vapors into your air path?

The Summit site clearly states not for inhalation so if I buy one of these how the heck am I supposed to use it? I don't see any attachment accessories for dispersing my chamomile vapors into the air, but the Summit clearly has a mouthpiece. Do you blow in it lol? Can they disclaim a product used for inhalation when they made a product with a "Mouthpiece" clearly stated in the directions?

Don't bash me but seriously?!
It is silly to state that on their part. One thing I will say, the vapor path is isolated from the electronics.

Vapenvy

Indie vaper
I've tried every tip posted in this forum as well as others (except the glass button, which I don't have): find/loose grind, extra screen topper, various temps, various draw rates, etc.
I have found with this vape that the most important thing to do is to ditch the screens it comes with and cut your own screens from standard screens.
whether used on top or underneath, or both, they severely restrict airflow, especially after a few draws. If you have no other screens, putting the bottom one on an angle helps, but the tiny holes and flat steel disc will eventually clog and/or be sucked down against the bowl and clog up.
best use for the screens are as a template to use to cut your own to size.
A screen on top of the load does help to increase clouds, but not essential and i now prefer to have no top screen for easier stirring, which helps for more clouds directly after a stir.
hope that helps.

OF

It is silly to state that on their part. One thing I will say, the vapor path is isolated from the electronics.

Silly to you and I perhaps, but depending on their Lawyers and Investors it might be mandatory? How many makers 'hide behind' terms like "botanicals" or "herbal blends". Or just refer to tobacco and let it go. I'd say basically all? Can anyone name a vape who's maker's instructions include 'grind your cannabis.....'? I'm not saying there aren't any, but I sure don't recall one?

I suspect that's what's behind the otherwise useless 'aroma therapy dish' that comes with Solo/Air in addition to the actually useful herb stems.

And we've been told several times how investors will sometimes demand 'separation' from illegal activities, something I think most understand. Even if it's 100% legit, they don't want the risk to their money legal action might bring. And since they have the bucks, they're likely to get their way.

I wish it were not so, I wish we could be open about such things, but understand why that's not happening.

But, yes indeed, the vapor path excludes the electronics. Not that 'evil electronic fumes' are really a hazard IMO......I sure don't keep my computer or TV in a fume hood). Nor do I fear my cell phone. I may not like it, and resist using it, but I don't fear it or use it standing upwind......

OF

VapeWiser

Appreciate the responses!! I fully understand the legality I was referring to not for inhalation disclaimer on a product with a mouthpiece lol.

As far as current owners of this product, would anyone be willing to provide feedback regarding performance, efficiency, and battery after owning one of these for awhile and how long the device has been in use?? Anyone recommend a safe ISO for cleaning?

How about recommendations for first time operation and break-in. Personally think cranking up the temp and letting it cook the first few times are not a good idea.

Looking forward to performance reviews from those who posted when they first opened and how it's been functioning to present date.

Last edited:
VapeWiser,
Top Bottom