Discontinued The Sublimator

CheeseSandwich

Finally got a piece of nice stable glass :brow:
2013-07-26193759.jpg

honeycomb to turbine!!:rockon:

CheeseSandwich

yep, i just went 14 when i ordered and got that 14/18 reducer. Figured it would work in any piece that way.

edit: ill try to get better pics...phone is shit.

CheeseSandwich,
Reactions: Dopevape

Dopevape

sublimator left Illinois last night 10:25pm, hopefully here Saturday but probably gonna be Monday.

I'm in the same boat :). Gonna be a long weekend :D luckily i got the UFO to keep me busy :) i stocked up on some butane/propane tanks as I ran out and had to resort to using the pax for a little while hehe.
Had few combustions these times cause i could not keep track of the heating like before. So my timing seems off as of now.
The gas I have now seems to get alot hotter then the gas (just butane) i had before not sure if it is the Butane/propane mix factor also the flame has become alot brighter blue a real sharp pointy flame :).
Endresult is that the UFO will be too hot alot faster then first tested here. I was never able to get the metal mass red hot but now i can lol(same setting used as before using this gas). This isn't necessary at all but u cant help trying it can you?
fortunately i was able to get the burning butt out of the bowl before i started to inhale... third time for me.. pretty soon gonna have to clean the bong :'(

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I'm glad you have the UFO Dopevape, good to hear reports on the learning curve. I do want to get one soon, if funds will just start rolling in again. Hate these dead times...

jambandphan03,

mmafighterthe25

So when I get it do a 10 minute burn off full power connected to bottom bowl, also iso down the the bowl atomizer hole inside. But dont touch apollo.

mmafighterthe25,

green2brown

So when I get it do a 10 minute burn off full power connected to bottom bowl, also iso down the the bowl atomizer hole inside. But dont touch apollo.

I recommend first giving the atomizer a thorough ISO soak/rub down, followed by a 20-30 minute burn off at max temp, and then another quick rub down to wipe off any remains. My Sub had a lot of oils to clean off when it first arrived and I'm assuming that's the standard.

weedemon

enthusiast
It's a pretty simple product. No moving parts, no microprocessors, just a controlled short circuit into a heat sink. Pure physics for our biological pleasure. Maybe there's a microprocessor in the timer but I doubt it.

id say the weakest link on my sub is the little box that houses the electronics on the wire. other than that this thing feels really damn solid.

actually I have one more minor gripe... the handles, or "arms" of the adapt a bong (and all other units too i imagine) I wish the handle was made of a metal that was ever so slightly thicker. my atomizer handle is a tiny bit bent. I wish it was just a touch stronger.

grokit

well-worn member
If you read back a few pages you'll find that there are various ways to handle the sub screen/grill issue and there is no firm consensus. I prefer to drop the stock grill on the top ridge and re-position it if necessary with my dose spoon or by giving it a tap, and dumping it out with each spent load.

Others are using alternate screens, in various positions, or using an additional screen down low to keep finer particulates from compromising reclaim, or adapting the stock grill to fit in more firmly so it doesn't come out every time you empty the bowl/atomizer.

In short,
Vitolo Enrico:

"It's your sublimator, do what you want".
:tup:

Monsoon

I brought it to my friend's place last night and everyone loved the Sub. Usually after a couple times of helping people use it, they picked it up pretty quickly and I just sat back and watched the rips flow. One person there was on a tolerance break, took one bowl of sour diesel and was finished for the night. We used it for pretty much 6 hours straight and also got some nice oil hits towards the end. I probably easily went through 30 bowls (~3g) and could barely move at the end of the night.

Tommii

Subdivision Founder / Sublimator Ambassador
I think my sublimator atomizer is way to tight Rofl. Swapped my new top atomizer for the 14mm so I can use adapter 18-14 to pull carb.

Now it's honestly wedged hard together. Tried to unscrew with the heating unit on my old 14mm but it moved downstem with it as well.

Edit: had to apply heat from ti nail (gets hotter than original) then use the original sublimator to unscrew

(My method of screwing and unscrewing only works for original)

Tommii,

weedemon

enthusiast
ok so I wanted to share a little mod i made on my sub. I like it a lot so far!

I had the following problem... I want to leave my apollo in the atomizer at all times to keep it up to temp. but if I leave it in my bong when I do this. it's hard to pull out due to the expanding teflon seal.

problem #2, It's not safge to leave in the stand it came with to hold both the apollo and hte atomizer. it was really made with only the apollo in mind.

that said. it is the best option i currently have to keep my atomizer up to temp with my apollo for all day use.

enter my little mod. I present to you: the atomizer cradle
R24AdSv.jpg

It's just a coil of fencing wire I had laying around. secured on the back with some duct tape (gorilla tape actually ;) )

to make your own. coil a wire around the bottom of your atomizer and then loosen it up a little bit. after that, put both into your sub stand to put it in position of where you want it to be while at rest. then using pliers coil the wire around the base until you feel it's not going to move on you.

oupHycT.jpg

the tape on the back here is only to hold the coil at the right height while the atomizer isn't in there. it didn't really move without the sub in there anyways, but just to be sure...

5Mwo7ap.jpg

a side view of it.

ogIz8W6.jpg

last pic :)

just testing this after putting it on there and i notice a huge difference in stability!

to further make this even safer now secure the base of the stand to your table. once this is done you are laughing imo. this makes the sub SO MUCH SAFER for me in my house. I have a dog who has a pretty wild tail when she gets excited! knocked my sub over many times until I did this.

hope someone else finds this useful too

Tommii

Subdivision Founder / Sublimator Ambassador
My atomizer is pretty destroyed. The metal holding the plastic came out and it's so hard to get with a vice and clamp

Tommii,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I love that, Bob...thanks for sharing. I think I will do something like this since I have been using my home made cloud station to hold the two together. But that thing has too big of a footprint. I'm gonna tape that whole thing down to my dresser on the back corner where it will be out of view most of the time.

grokit

well-worn member
The metal around my 14mm ptfe is kind of messed up, I have no idea if it came like that or what it's actually supposed to look like because I just took a close look at it for the first time. But the metal shim that goes around the bottom of the ptfe is only visible about 2/3 of the way around.

I had the same issue with the 14mm ptfe getting stuck in the 14/18 gong bushing, then I realized that I have to let the atomizer heat up in the launchpad base first, then transfer it to the bong after it's up to temperature.

This works perfectly for me because the bong rips are heavier in medication than the launchpad hits, better to put me down at the end of the evening. Just have to remember to switch it back around before heat up the next day.

But if you just have the adapt-a-bong then I can see how weedemon's stand can totally cure the same issue so great job!

grokit,

PlanetHaze

Don't Vaporize The Planet !, Vaporize Yourself
Retailer
Nice mod weedemon, Sublimator is working on different future stand designs and great ideas like this can help a lot.

Sublimator Canadian Tour
Meet and Greet at
Vape On the Lake
2985 Lake Shore Boulevard West
Etobicoke, ON M8V 1J5
Sunday July 28, 2013 at 8pm
Come out and meet other FC members and try the Sublimator in person, meet Enrico and MarijuanaMan as well as Marco Renda, publisher of Treating Yourself magazine. Vape On the Lake is the GTA's premier vapor lounge, fully wheelchair accessible, big screen tv's, free munchies, comfy couches, tables, free parking and more. http://www.vapeonthelake.com/index.html
Even current Sublinauts might see something new from the Sublimator labs.​
Peace and Love,​
PV​

Top Bottom