Discontinued The Sublimator

Dopevape

Hey guys mr UFO burned his hands completely here!! Nah just kiddin' :science:
Here are some pointers for using the UFO after u did the cleaning process getting rid of the machining residues.
Lets say the UFO is cold,

1.start by setting up your (heavy duty) torch use a flame with the inner blue cone about an inch long. Be carefull not to set anything on fire!! Best done outside or at own risque inside after taking proper precautions.

2.Hold the UFO at its chain, the bigger steel mass, at the tip of this inner cone in the flame for about 1 and a half to 2 minutes or until u see the flame around the UFO go reddish/orange, can be cumbersome but doable. Maybe some sort of stand can be employed here something u can come up with.

3.Now put the UFO on the Cone/bowl and let it sit for about 2-3 mins to get thermal equilibrium.

4 Heat again for 2 mins, this is my standard time, but u better watch for the flame getting reddish/orange again depends on how hot u want it. this time will go a little faster the heat up.

5.Put the UFO back on the bowl and let it sit for just about a minute maybe just 30 secs.

6.Drop a portion of herbs in the bowl. This is where u should start experimenting with what u like. I Usually drop some herbs in there and try to see it start vaporizing, when that happens im sort of good and i do a pull. If i'm not good I start torching the top(flame about half an inch sort off) of the Sublimator(UFO + Atomizer) around the pin until the vapor start escaping from the top of the pin and pull again. Mostly its producing very good at that point.

7. From now It's up to you, u can reheat the top again and hit again after refilling the bowl. Might not be best solution to allrdy but your herbs in the bowl and start torching the top but its good indicator for me that the process is working and I can do a hit or 2.

8.If you wanna know if the bowl/atomizer is hot enough u can make your fingers wet and try touching the bowl atomizer around where the teflon sits. If it sizzles your good.

This method works for me. Thought I would share.

greetz and keep SUb'ing

Update:
2: Hold the bigger steel mass in your torch fire for about 3 mins, it will prolly come out red hot, this will ensure a faster heat up getting to equilibrium and higher vape temp in the end.

3. Put the UFO back on the bowl and let it sit for just about a minute or 2. Feel the bowl to get a feel as to when to go to step 4.

4. heat the UFO again for 2 to 3 mins, this is variable for everyone i guess + take into account it was done inside, U can torch for 3 mins lets say and see how your abv comes out. Mine comes out almost instant dark I guess this is a more complete extraction. If you want more of a tasty hit less darkening of the ABV then u have to cut back on the heating time second time around 2 mins is enough even 2mins30 secs is still good.

There we go the rest stays the same. This is lets say the heavy hit type of way to heat it and this does remind me indeed of a genuine bonghit without all the bullshit comming inside your body.

The method I described before is also usable to start with but is the softer approach with the tastier hits, first u heat up to basic temp (equilibrium/vapetemp) after that u can put the herb in and heat the top of the UFO (the pin and the plate where its connected) and the bowl a little bit to get to your desired temperature if not there allready. reheat between hits, UFO + bowl don't forget now you are the heater u need to maintain it. man i can't wait for the electro version :)

Keep on Sub'ing!! :science:

PS: don't overfill it :p thats how i got the combustion taking place now i remember ;) take care!!

grokit

well-worn member
31mt4UeGJlL.jpg

-26 to +716°F, $15 shipped

Tommii

Subdivision Founder / Sublimator Ambassador
nice, tommii
you should try popping the carb (if it's sticky use 2 18-18 adapters, also less heat on ur piece) so that they can clear it easier!
I still have my 14mm bottom from the original sub. Maybe I can swap it out and reuse my adapter I had before (:

Monsoon

My Sub has only been running 10 hours but I've already put it through at least a couple dozen flower hits. Took it to a friend's place too and they all loved it and didn't take long to get the hang of it. So far I enjoy it but I find it doesn't hit as hard as the ExtremeQ, not necessarily a bad thing just hits differently.

My Adapt-A-Bong came with a box with a timer, if you press and hold the 30m button, the led will turn orange and the box will stay on until turned off. Personally I would have preferred the smaller one without the timer, the extra bulk is already causing issues. The cord from the box to the Apollo is just long enough to sit next to the bong on the table, but if it slips off even a coffee table it might take everything with it if you're not lucky. An extra foot or so of cable should be added to future versions, if it's too much you can tie it up but not enough and you're screwed.

hassan

Connoisseur
No offence - but if you think it isn't hitting you as hard as the Extreme Q, you haven't found your sweet spot yet.

I actually sold my Extreme-Q today after it had been sitting around unused for the entire month-ish that I've had the Sub.

Dopevape

I always have trouble understanding some words u guys use like hit: for example is this the hit u get when u inhale like throathit for example ooooor is it the hit the herb provides u know the "hit" ? u know when it hits u like a train and knocks u into high oblivions that kinda hit? :s
let me put it this way: the Sublimator does hit very softly but don't mistake that for being soft.
In short i don't get what you're saying monsoon.... :D explain the hit u are expiriencing.

Edit: sry if this sound dumb... just trying to understand the word hit in his context of words. man i must be stoned out of my mind

Dopevape,
Reactions: Enchantre

kingtut106

I plan on using my adapt a bong sub, which comes tomorrow (christmas in july :party: ), with my cloud buddy. I saw a few other people doing this as well, but I noticed they have another adapter either a reducer or extender. Is this because the downstem of the sub is too long and will touch the bottom or is not necessary to get an adapter and you guys just use it to have less heat transfer to the cloudbuddy/bong.

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
I plan on using my adapt a bong sub, which comes tomorrow (christmas in july :party: ), with my cloud buddy. I saw a few other people doing this as well, but I noticed they have another adapter either a reducer or extender. Is this because the downstem of the sub is too long and will touch the bottom or is not necessary to get an adapter and you guys just use it to have less heat transfer to the cloudbuddy/bong.

yea, it bottoms out, watch-out, that extra height (i'm convinced) is what allowed my piece to be top heavy (cloudbuddy broken :() just be extra careful

Bob Loblaw,
Reactions: Tweek

vakedcow

Gentle cow vaper and halloween kiddo
so is the new timer box 110 only or already 110- 220 Volts uniform transformator ?

Hard to stand the wait... from what I read from you guys it seems to be the kind of device I would use frequently :D

vakedcow,
Reactions: Brayden

hassan

Connoisseur
there's definitely someone on here who is successfully issuing the first iteration of the sublimator in a country with native 220.

granted, it's with the assistance of an after market adapter - but it's possible.

hassan,
Reactions: Dopevape

Monsoon

No offence - but if you think it isn't hitting you as hard as the Extreme Q, you haven't found your sweet spot yet.

For now at least I'm not combusting it, still have more experimenting to do. The high is a lot more clear headed which I'm not really used to, I did get body effects but not as much. My friends and I were thinking maybe less CBN is being created from THC, but not sure.

I always have trouble understanding some words u guys use like hit

When I say "hit" or "rip", at least for the Sub, I mean one cashed bowl.

Also got a good idea from a friend for transporting it and dealing with the cooldown time. Just pick up a silicon over mitt and invert it and you should have a safe way to transport your Sub while still warm. Also keeps it from banging against other things while in your bag.

Monsoon,
Reactions: Dopevape

jambandphan03

in flavor country
less body, more head is the low temp vapor high... I run mine at 34watts (ideally) and that keeps me at the higher temp spectrum with out combusting. I've seen my wattage jump up to 36watts and still no combustion so do a bit of experimenting for sure. Keep in mind a MM turn on the dial can change the wattage a few points, it's very sensitive.

Tweek

I medicate for my anxiety and panic attacks mainly and I find my preference is around 25 watts. That gives me a lighter duff...much lighter than I was finding I needed on most of my other units. I then save the duff for vaping to a darker colour when I can't sleep at night (30-35 watts).

It's great at 3am with some tunes...

grokit

well-worn member
That's an interesting technique, Tweek. Hey that rhymed :haw:

In this video Enrico talks about the "titan", his new 220v timer right at the beginning. It's definitely not the same as the 110v version shipped to me, which only uses a 2-prong plug.
It came out about a month ago:
He also addresses the screen issue later in (I think) this video. It think it's on this video, I watched a bunch last night. In a nutshell he talks about using a tiny fine screen very low in the atomizer to catch contaminants, and the grill up on the top ridge. He goes into the importance of keeping the rest of the chamber clear for proper atomization, then says something like "but do what you want, it's your sub".
:science:

kingtut106

yea, it bottoms out, watch-out, that extra height (i'm convinced) is what allowed my piece to be top heavy (cloudbuddy broken :() just be extra careful

I think I'm going to put it in the center stem and not worry about collecting reclaim until the subbuddy comes out.

kingtut106,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
He also addresses the screen issue later in (I think) this video. It think it's on this video, I watched a bunch last night. In a nutshell he talks about using a tiny fine screen very low in the atomizer to catch contaminants, and the grill up on the top ridge. He goes into the importance of keeping the rest of the chamber clear for proper atomization, then says something like "but do what you want, it's your sub".
:science:

where do you think i got the idea from, ;)

vakedcow

Gentle cow vaper and halloween kiddo
there's definitely someone on here who is successfully issuing the first iteration of the sublimator in a country with native 220.

granted, it's with the assistance of an after market adapter - but it's possible.

sukran auwi ya hassan, agreed and I read that but I lost too many precious electronics to downstep converters in ol Pharaho's land , so I'd rather wait... but it's sooooo hard to resist :o

vakedcow,

Tommii

Subdivision Founder / Sublimator Ambassador
We should be seeing the prototype soon. I'm thinking that there is a glass sheath for the atomizer tube and that it drips instead of spray reclaim on there, but it could clog, so I'm impatiently waiting to see the design

Hi,
We are already making custom Sub reclaimers called the SubBuddy reclaimer. We use a specialized drip tip instead so it doesn't drip all over the place. 5mm glass is no good, for big tubes maybe, in this piece it would be way too heavy and bulky and unaffordable. We are on our third prototype and will post photos soon on FC.
Kind regards,
PV

hassan

Connoisseur
sukran auwi ya hassan, agreed and I read that but I lost too many precious electronics to downstep converters in ol Pharaho's land , so I'd rather wait... but it's sooooo hard to resist :o

I feel that the 'ghetto' nature of the Sublimator would mean a greater likelihood for success since it essentially draws the power directly from the source with absolutely no means of converting that current prior to using it.

I'm no electrician though...

hassan,
Reactions: vakedcow

LC-

I can confirm that the Sub has been working perfectly with a inverter for the past 2-3 weeks in the UK, No issues with electronics or long term use - I leave the unit on 24/7 when I'm planning on using and have not run into any problems or degradation. I would've waited for the official EU version but i'm anything but patient. After a pretty good experience with the Pax ( which seems to be a lot more fickle and complicated when it comes to specific voltages ) I took the leap with the Sub and am glad I did... not sure if I could've waited for the official version.
The Sub has been incredible. It's been responsible for me forming my office into a true organised layout, and for one point last week I was happy to say I was completely smoke free for over 48 hours. Unfortunately I then had to make an international trip, which meant I had little choice but to take up the smoking again, but hopefully should be all switched over by the end of August.
Will get around to posting a setup pic at some point soon. I went for the spoons which everyone has recommended, the watt meter, and also a marble chopping board which has been a life saver for providing a heat-proof surface.

Top Bottom