Discontinued The Sublimator

satyrday

Anyone know if the 14mm Adapt-A-Bong will work with the Vapor Brothers Mini bubbler? The Mini has a 14mm dewar fitting, but the bubbler is small so I'm hoping the Sublimator doesn't bottom out and cause a problem.

Edit: It looks like maybe you can adjust the depth below the handle. Sorry if this has been covered - I don't remember reading it.

satyrday,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Looks like if you want to reclaim using the adaptabong kit you can use a dry ashcatcher before you water pipe to catch the reclaim.

I don't really like reclaim, so I will probably just the oil filter straight into my water and just clean the water pipe out more regularly.

Slightly Medicated,
Reactions: PlanetHaze

Darb

What is that little disc that Enrico puts in before the bud?
A screen?

Darb,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
I believe he said it was a glass screen. From the view we got of it that is what it looks like as well.

no, it wouldn't be glass, it's a little screen though, he said its sized so it lands at a specific spot in the chamber so the spacing is right. I believe all the parts are stainless steel

My bad, guess I heard wrong but it looked like those little daisy glass screens...

Dreamerr,
Reactions: Darb

jambandphan03

in flavor country
no, it wouldn't be glass, I've watched him toss that thing on the table too many times between loads. it's a little screen though, he said its sized so it lands at a specific spot in the chamber so the spacing is right. I believe all the parts are stainless steel

jambandphan03,
Reactions: Darb

PlanetHaze

Don't Vaporize The Planet !, Vaporize Yourself
Retailer
Christ I was on PLanet Vape checking out all the options. Its a little overwhelming. Wish those good folks had pictures up some people dont know FC exists(I know I did't till I got on the GC forums)

Also, I have a 45 degree shaped bong the SC I was wondering if the adapt a bong kit would work with this.
Also, I noticed that during most of the videos . The adapt a bong kit is put right into the bong w/o a downstem.

The way mine is set up is it has a 18mm opening. Then then downstem which has 10 laser etched holes and turns it into a 14mm connection. I'm thinking of keeping the downstem and ordering a 14mm adapt a bong kit. Do you guys think that would work?
The Adapt-A-Bong Kit in 14mm should work without the 14m to 14f 45 deg. adapter, atomizer tube does not look like it will clear the bend of the adapter. You can use the Adapt-A-Bong Kit in a 45 degree downstem without issue as long as you have 50mm of room for the atomizer tube below the bottom of your ground joint.
See this image:
hOQkAzN.png

Sublimator launch tomorrow, Y'all!!

In some of these pictures, you see a braided cord attached to the Apollo. It is now a solid tube, as shown here.
3f0472d4abd611e290cd22000a1f90d7_6.jpg
Early prototypes used the braided steel line for ease of assembly during prototyping, production units use a solid stainless tube for durability, safety and consistency.

Ya man!!! I emailed planetvape today just to ask them if tomorrow was still the anticipated shipping date. They said everything is running on schedule :rockon:
Quick update on shipping. Our order was scheduled to ship out today from Sublimator headquarters overnight priority, but packaging and labelling all the units took a little longer than anticipated pushing the shipping till tomorrow. We should receive the Sublimators Wednesday and depending on the time of day hope to ship same day.

Anyone know if the 14mm Adapt-A-Bong will work with the Vapor Brothers Mini bubbler? The Mini has a 14mm dewar fitting, but the bubbler is small so I'm hoping the Sublimator doesn't bottom out and cause a problem.
You can use the Vapor Brothers Mini bubbler without issue as long as you have 50mm of room for the atomizer tube below the bottom of your ground joint. See image above.

Looks like if you want to reclaim using the adaptabong kit you can use a dry ashcatcher before you water pipe to catch the reclaim.

I don't really like reclaim, so I will probably just the oil filter straight into my water and just clean the water pipe out more regularly.
Yes you can use a dry ash catcher or a purpose made reclaimer like these https://www.planetvape.ca/grav-labs-reclaimer.html

One important note, the nectar that is produced by the Sublimator / Adapt-A-Bong Kit is really potent and red in color, it is not like reclaim. You should get about 1 gram of nectar for every 10-12 grams of herbs run through the Sublimator / Adapt-A-Bong.

What is that little disc that Enrico puts in before the bud?
A screen?
It is a stainless screen that Enrico likes to use that falls out when the bowl is emptied. Production units use a semi permanent screen that won't fall out when emptied, but can be removed / replaced if required.

PV

jambandphan03

in flavor country
...and for those of us who need the length of that stem translated into inches: 50mm = 1.9685in :D

:lol: I think it might even work on the infamous $40 bub, with or with out water, might be top heavy though. Palm sized Sub-bub hits.

** What is the outer diameter of the tubing that sticks down? so I can see which of my 14/18 adapters might work for it.

jambandphan03,

satyrday

Looks like it will just clear the VB Mini! I love that little bubbler and don't need anything bigger.

However! Does it matter if the end of the atomizer tube is submerged in water? Looks like about 25mm would be if I filled to the normal level.

Edit: Duh. Might cool the atomizer down too much? Rats. Might be going dry bone for awhile.

satyrday,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
why is that? i assume the cannabinoids in that oil are not the ones you want/need? What's missing?

I just prefer flowers. I don't like to dab much or really use the reclaim through vaporizer. I would be more likely to process it into some sort of hash capsule to ingest. That requires a bit of work... so I usually tend to stick to flowers.

I could see that amount of reclaim being quite welcome with the E-Nailator kit. Many of the dabber people I am around talk allot about how much reclaim they can get through various methods and glass pieces. Getting more bang for your buck out of concentrates is something lots of people care about around here... particularly with the prices going up around here for BHO and other dabbles.

With my usage habits I am looking at generating around 5 grams of reclaim a month. That might make it worth it to do some processing into capsules. Will find out when the unit arrives and we see what the full potential really is.

Slightly Medicated,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
SliM...I'm thinking oil for the Ascent...whether in the can or on cotton...you could eat that shit up at the ballet!

stickstones,
Reactions: Tweek

Tweek

If I have a 18mm Apollo and glass piece, what would I need to use the Grav labs reclaimer?
A male 18mm to female 14mm reducer and a female 14mm to female 18mm adapter?

I'm just in the process of asking PV more about it. Will let ya know once I hear back, unless they beat me to it.

Top Bottom