Discontinued The Sublimator

jambandphan03

in flavor country
It should be like the EVO was during the IGG campaign. Early adopters with proof of purchase should just be allowed to purchase it at that price WHILE keeping our original units. I mean what are they going to do with the used ones that we send in anyway? It would create a lot of good will and positive press for Sublimator... My 2cents...

this would be a much easier approach, and save quite a bit of extra shipping charges and worry about used gear crossing through customs etc...

Your Highness

Cannasseur
this would be a much easier approach, and save quite a bit of extra shipping charges and worry about used gear crossing through customs etc...

And I bet in the end they would make more... Because surely more early adopters would jump on. At this time, I have no motivation or intention to spend anymore being that my unit functions just fine.

Monsoon

If you're interested in upgrading and your unit is in good condition, it might be better to try to sell it than go through the trade-in program. For the same cost as sending it in and waiting 1-2 weeks you can sell your old unit for as little as $240.

Purchase:
XLR 2.0: $600 (shipping and 5% tax included)
Old unit resale value: $300-400
Net cost: $200-300

Trade-In:
XLR 2.0: $360 (2-way shipping and 5% tax included)
Net cost: $360

Greybong

Subbin Every Minute of it !!
It should be like the EVO was during the IGG campaign. Early adopters with proof of purchase should just be allowed to purchase it at that price WHILE keeping our original units. I mean what are they going to do with the used ones that we send in anyway? It would create a lot of good will and positive press for Sublimator... My 2cents...
This sounds like a great idea !!
Mine works fine & i was expecting the price to be lower so i wouldn't do it for that price, BUT if you could keep the old one then that would almost be to hard to pass up on that's for sure!!

Brayden

the dank one

I LOVE MY SUBLIMATOR SO VERY MUCH!!!!.....BUT... the fact that something like this is so SIMPLE to do, and on top of that WILL get them great credibility and it wasn't thought of.... I am SOOOOO in support of this idea, and I would upgrade immediately if this were the case. But I am on the same page as everyone else I will be waiting as well. It makes me think over and over and over that they care very little about their customer base when they don't do these no brainer thing's that not only save me money on shipping but also leave me with a unit the entire time I wait. We'll see how this goes as well. happy subbin folks

Last edited:

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations everybody,

Enrico has promised that he or someone representing the Sublimator will participate in this thread as long as you show respect.

Well, just a few minutes ago i saw Enrico Bouchard being interviewed about cannabis on Canal Savoir (a French-speaking cable TV channel in the Quebec province) and hence i wish him to know his activism has earned my attention and respect.

So here's the TV schedule for those interested:

Planète

2014-Jan-24, 21h30
2014-Jan-26, 1h30
2014-Mar-17, 11h30
2014-Mar-18, 4h30

Watch the first 10 minutes, right before the "Économie" part. Please tell me someone will immortalize this moment, on YouTube for example!...

:peace:

Egzoset,
Reactions: IIIQBIII
Looks to me like

An original ss Apollo
Titanium Apollo
New ss Apollo
Titanium nail

.... If you have Instagram search sublimator enrico has an account , posts some beauties too :)

derrickmayer,
Reactions: Been Vapin

Been Vapin

Fringe Class
a8bPJaJ.png

Does it come with all 4 attachments? If it came with all 4 then I could see the upgrade price being way more attractive.

Last edited:
Been Vapin,
Reactions: smokum

Detonator

so is the new logo a monkey with one blackeye and its mouth wide open waiting for something to be shoved in?

and why in the fuck is the cord so god damn short?

that seems like alot to turn in your old one and get a new one..... not to mention worring about sending mj resin or sublimate oil like you all call it across international borders....

sounds like expensive bs that no one will do....

or if you do woo hoo you get a better looking sub maybe....

now you get to beta test the microphone connection Enrico found hopefully they are good ones! lol looking at the new design agin I see there is no handle... it is all incorporated in the tube that hold the wires to the sub....

and that part get held - lifted up , put down, lifted up, over and over...hmmm. And now your going to be lifting it at the micro phone connection?

it might need a handle.. mine is fine for now.....

:popcorn:

Last edited:

Vapodudule

Yes keeping for upgrading old units should bring sub in the high level of CS!

Thinking about XLR design It sounds like a fair change in design but ill might regret the strong built of original one. As a musician i know the lifespan of XLR micro connections. The XLR chosen to endorse the grab function should be tough in the time, well 10 years of warranty should be good to see.

May be Sublimator could make like 7th floor guys, all customizable and huge website.

Ill have new electronic old built (strong) Ti Appolo Sir (no XLR connection), tell me when i can throw the money!!

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
If you're interested in upgrading and your unit is in good condition, it might be better to try to sell it than go through the trade-in program. For the same cost as sending it in and waiting 1-2 weeks you can sell your old unit for as little as $240.

Purchase:
XLR 2.0: $600 (shipping and 5% tax included)
Old unit resale value: $300-400
Net cost: $200-300

Trade-In:
XLR 2.0: $360 (2-way shipping and 5% tax included)
Net cost: $360

This is for everyone, not just Monsoon.

Before someone makes a mistake, please be careful when you start talking about selling. The problem is that mentioning that you have something for sale—or even that you're considering selling a specific item—is no different from offering it for sale: someone who is interested in that item now knows to contact you about it. A lot of people don't realize that until it's pointed out in a warning notification. Please don't be that guy.

Greybong

Subbin Every Minute of it !!
I LOVE MY SUBLIMATOR SO VERY MUCH!!!!.....BUT... the fact that something like this is so SIMPLE to do, and on top of that WILL get them great credibility and it wasn't thought of.... I am SOOOOO in support of this idea, and I would upgrade immediately if this were the case. But I am on the same page as everyone else I will be waiting as well. It makes me think over and over and over that they care very little about their customer base when they don't do these no brainer thing's that not only save me money on shipping but also leave me with a unit the entire time I wait. We'll see how this goes as well. happy subbin folks
I hear ya Brayden , I FRIGGIN LOVE MY SUB also & the thought of being without it for even a few days makes me cringe. I can't believe how attached I have become to this device. The flavours, the sublimate, how smooth it makes every hit, I have never enjoyed my herb so much & is even getting me away from the concentrates (but not completely, as it is so easy to have a quick few hits). Hopefully Enrico or someone from the company will see what their customers are suggesting & at least let us know if there might be a possibility of a better proposal to us, the loyal customer.
I'm a gonna keep on subbin it, you should too !!

Greybong,

duval

Dreadlocked Nuggetry
The upgrade to the new XLR 2.0 is now available on the sublimator.ca website for $290.

duval,

IIIQBIII

Vape Obsessed
I ordered it. I am now awaiting further instructions from the Sub crew. The price doesn't bother me.

IIIQBIII,

mestizo

I know this is off topic at the moment but, could somebody tell me where I could get the glass adapter to collect the sublimate, you know the one that you attach to the angle stem in a bong.
Thanks.

mestizo,

Fresh_Baked

Hello all.

A little while ago, I posted wondering it was worth it to upgrade to the Sub since I already own the Silver Surfer, Volcano, and MFLB.

I was told that at the moment there were issues with customer service and broken parts I think and that I should hold out on buying one.

I've grown a bit eager, since I have some extra cash and the Sub is pretty interesting to me.

I technically never really got an answer to my original question; If it was worth it to drop another $500+ on a vaporizer.

Are some of the issues resolved?

I know it's kind of a new piece of 420 tech so the company might be off to a bumpy start, but I see these things used by big-name weed-inhalers online everywhere and I see that Amsterdam Coffeeshops are adopting them, which leads me to believe that they're pretty decent.

Yes? No?

EDIT: Can anyone give me details on the keychain kit? Is it just for dabs or dry herb too? There's little to no oil in my area so my sub would be just for dry herb basically.

Double Edit: Would it be a decent idea to just get the keychain kit and a decent torch instead of the $600 kit?

T-T-T-TRIPLE EDIT!!!!!11: Okay, from what I gather the keychain kit is just the 'bowl' (I know that's not what it's called on the sub, sorry. Atomizer?) and a little device that can get hot from a fire and works as the heating device.

Would I be able to buy the keychain kit and buy the heating element that plugs in later?

Last edited:
Fresh_Baked,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
@Fresh_Baked -- It would be great if you could try one somewhere first. I think the Sublimator hits different people different ways more so than other vapes due to the way it separates some of the higher temp actives out through the reclaim. If you were into concentrates I would recommend it more highly than for someone who is just using mostly flowers. I go back and forth between this and my LSV (which is very similar to your SSV), so if you are looking for something to completely shelve your SSV, this didn't do it for me but will for others.

stickstones,
Reactions: grokit
Top Bottom