The Sports Thread

biohacker

Fuck was that goal ever a beaut!!!

I'm guessing you guys watch on the NBC feed? I have my choice (with Kodi) but I just love Bob Cole so i'm on CBC... he makes ANY game exciting! (as old and blind as he can be lol)!

biohacker

Holy Mackinaw! You have one of those?? Sweeeeeeeeet!!!!! I guess i'll have to look into it a little deeper!!

I don't think i'll be staying up to watch the Oilers/Ducks... it will be a surprise in the morning lol

So nice to see some hockey fans on FC!

biohacker,
Reactions: duff

biohacker

haha, A canadian team in the stanley cup finals? Surely there is no $ in that when Canadians will watch the NHL regardless who's in it, which can't really be said for Americans. Bettman's biggest nightmare would have been Oilers vs Sens?

Not surprising the Ducks took it (on home ice) and in such a come back fashion in the Series when the Oilers should have had it. How else are they going to get attention?

I dunno, i'm probably wrong, but look at the Oilers fans...they sold out that entire arena just to WATCH the game on a screen.

I did really think the Caps would have won last night, but i'm glad the Pens did because the Caps took out my Leafs! haha

As for the Sens sucking, they pretty much do, but it's not like they were slaughtered by the Rangers either. The only reason I will cheer for them is I went to university in Ottawa, and those were by far the best years of my life (so far). And I remember seeing them in a small arena when they first came back into the NHL, and have alot of good memories even in the "Corel Centre" before it changed names twice.... including seeing Gordon Downie and the Tragically Hip which was just something else.

duff

Well worn
Sens vs Pens
We'll begin to get some clarity tonight. Hell yeah!

Hate going in with the Sens feeling like underdogs.

On my way to my buddy's house to watch the game. Brought @Winegums's stem with TI tip, some glass, Crafty with a @Ratchett water adapter and Milaana with long stem as well as 18 to 18 adapter.

Go Pens

Last edited:

biohacker

TRUST ME gentleman, it's all part of the "reality tv" of the NHL..... they need to make it exciting for both sides, and need to extract the dollars..... there is NO WAY a canadian team will make the cup finals, it just won't happen, not with Ottawa anyways this year.

Even if it goes 6 or 7, you will be there....but my $ is on the ducks, and probably cup winners. It's the only thing that will hold any interest in that market.

Did you guys see how boring the fans were in the ducks/preds game? WOW! Our minor leagues here are way more exciting than that!

And as always, OT makes even more $.

-conspiracy/reality theorist out.

PS. Trump WILL be impeached at some point, probably next year. ;)

duff

Well worn
Bold predictions across the board. Nevermind... maybe they weren't so bold.

Whatever the finals shape up to be, I'm glad the CFs aren't sweeps.
With the crazy seeding I was afraid that these might be lobsided snoozefests.

Speaking of snoozefests, watching the Sens is a bit painful. I didn't like the style when the Devils milked it for some success in the 90s and I still don't!

Enjoy the game fellas.
How about no injuries tonight?!

duff,

biohacker

Kinda typical for a game 7 @duff .... you didn't think the Pens would take it on Sens turf did ya? I did predict that win, although I thought it would be in OT. Now I predict Pens take it at home.

Who writes this shit? :lol:

biohacker,

biohacker

Who doesn't! Nothing like sudden death. Too bad Nashville is in the finals, not surprising to me. Might as well be the 'ol Hartford Whalers. Borrrrring.

biohacker,

MinnBobber

Way to go Washington Huskies women's softball team which beat Utah and will now go to college world series.
I think we have more Washington FCers than from Utah...

Top Bottom