• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Sports Thread

grokit

well-worn member
The bruins won and gonzaga was upset by byu, so ucla should be moving up to #3 in the nation :tup:

Weirdly they will still be #3 in the Pac-12 as well, since that's where all their losses are :lol:

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Duck's just swept the bay area . . . on our way to Oregon State for the last regular season game. The Pac-12 tournament should be very interesting this year.

GO DUCKS!!!

Oregon_Ducks.gif

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Well its Ducks over the Beaves 80 to 59.

We are the regular season conference champs . . . again . . . back to back.

See you guys at the tournament in Las Vegas.

GO DUCKS!!!

563815076_1061083.gif

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Oregon defeats Arizona State 80-57. On to the semi-finals . . . :argh:

Looks like we are going to play Cal since they just beat Utah.

Last edited:

grokit

well-worn member
Ucla just squeaked by their crosstown rivals the trojans, hopefully it was a wake-up call because they will have their hands full playing arizona tomorrow. If they both win tomorrow, the tourney championship will be the ultimate tiebreaker for the bruins and ducks for this season. Unless they meet in the show that is :)

grokit

well-worn member
I think the pac-12 is the strongest conference in ncaa div 1 men's basketball, and that arizona, oregon and ucla can all beat each other in any given game. It was arizona's turn to win last night, as ucla won last time they beat ucla the time before. Same with the ducks, we beat them last time so we would've probably lost to them last night as well. Ball's thumb injury played a big part but so did lauri markkanen, who was on fire last night. Hopefully ball will heal quickly, and the bruins won't see either team again until the ncaa finals :)!

Last edited:

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Geeeeeeeeze . . . I can't believe Boucher tore his ACL against Cal and played on it. Not only did that fuck up our championship game with AZ last night but it has serious ramifications for the big dance . . . fuck it all, now I have no football team and a seriously wounded basketball team. What the fuck is left?

Well I guess we still got the cheerleaders . . . ;)

3210040.png

Last edited:

grokit

well-worn member
...many times.... throughout the years I've watched...I've turned off the sound...very few announcers actually add anything ...that you can't see with your own eyes..
I'm the opposite as I watch most live sports via low-def streaming, and the announcers are how I stay engaged in the game/match/race/fight/etc. I have it displayed on a pretty nice tv but am visually focused on other things like the laptop browser screen in front of me most of the time. I usually do watch the ~5% of a given contest that actually contributes to the outcome, and it's easy to determine when to actually pay visual attention by the audio cues. So for me it's like old-time sports radio with an optional visual bonus.

We've been spoiled in LA with some of the all time greats.
Chick hearn and vin scully stick out over all others for me big-time :tup:

Last edited:

GetLeft

I grew up with my dad listening to Harry Kalas (at his best with Richie Ashburn). I was lucky.

And Vin Scully, man. Say no more. I lived in AZ for a while and enjoyed listening to Dodgers games on the radio. Vin carried the broadcasts on his own, game after game. Never a dull moment on those hot Tucson evenings (especially at the end of the year in '91 when they were chasing down the Braves), sweating Coors can (or cans) in my hand. Ah but I was younger then. Much older than that now.

turk

turk
...a true gentleman..believe me ...I could listen to him read a grocery list....and be entertained...
...grew up with Mel Allen and red barber in New York...legends...my dissatisfaction is with the new generation.

grokit

well-worn member
...not to mention villlanova, that was a good one :tup:

Bruins-Bear_large_1_.jpg

Luxury-Bearcat-Pictures.jpg

Coming up: a bruin should be able to beat a bearcat any day of the week right?

:popcorn:

Last edited:
Top Bottom