Discontinued The Splinter by RBT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Summer

Long Island, NY
I for one am gonna give him the benefit of the doubt. You know there's nothing wrong with having a heart & realizing that this endeavor overwhelmed him. You know, he prepared each component by hand & assembled them one by one, pretty much all by himself. Anyone having watched his IG streams saw how he assembles Splinters & knows that he worked round the clock for months. Naturally, he's both physically & mentally worn down. And, like how many others have had rocky starts? Off the top of my head, the Ghost, Tera, Haze Square. And unlike those where the vapes had issues, there's no argument about the quality of his work, his problem area has been getting around to answering emails. He acknowledges this in his email. You can see that he has a thought out plan for moving forward with RBT. Hopefully, it will work out for him, & for us. The way I look at it is: it's just as easy to get in someone's corner & root for them as it is to be derogatory.

Last edited:

analytika

The way I look at it is: it's just as easy to get in someone's corner & root for them as it is to be derogatory.
That's not necessarily true. I mostly no longer feel safe expressing myself about RBT or addressing his critics here. My recent review and photography of the Milaana 2 was as an unrelated moniker on a different platform.

analytika,

AJS

Calm Consistency
Been using the Splinter with the cooling mouthpiece wth half cbd herb / regular herb and loving it. The cooling mouthpiece is deadly, vapor is way cooler so you get caught off guard by the huge rips.

Also using the Splinter cruise mode at 500f for concentrates. I just throw the concentrate in some hemp fiber and rip away. Get a few nice long fat clouds. Also sometimes will drop the temp to 430 and just throw some erl on cbd flower, awesome combo.

Bdubbdiblets

I posted something similar on the SP thread but been lurking with my unregulated Mi in hand for a while and finally jumped in...

VAS is a 500 pound gorilla...

Anywho....the word mod box gives me anxiety (lol) given how little I know and how vast the world is...I have a tubo and thus bought an evic mini vtwo....

Questions are, is this ok for the splinter? Do I need FJ firmware for best results? Can it be used out of the box?

Any other advice would be welcomed by this mod box dry herb atty nov....

Thanks FC!

:rockon:

Bdubbdiblets,
Reactions: BigJr48

Smoke1ForMe

I posted something similar on the SP thread but been lurking with my unregulated Mi in hand for a while and finally jumped in...

VAS is a 500 pound gorilla...

Anywho....the word mod box gives me anxiety (lol) given how little I know and how vast the world is...I have a tubo and thus bought an evic mini vtwo....

Questions are, is this ok for the splinter? Do I need FJ firmware for best results? Can it be used out of the box?

Any other advice would be welcomed by this mod box dry herb atty nov....

Thanks FC!

:rockon:

Splinter works great in wattage mode so the evic should work.

You don’t need to use the FJ firmware just start out around 20 watts and work your way up. It’s just like a milaana but better because you have more control. Once you get more comfortable with the mod you can try different software and temp control.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I've been trying to use my Splinter with an Eleaf Invoke but the ten second cutoff is messing me up and I don't see where to disable it in the settings. I only picked that mod because it looked like a small dual 18650 with a good fit for the Splinter's diameter.

bossman,

SavageCore

I've been trying to use my Splinter with an Eleaf Invoke but the ten second cutoff is messing me up and I don't see where to disable it in the settings. I only picked that mod because it looked like a small dual 18650 with a good fit for the Splinter's diameter.

sur_myevic looks like it supports the Invoke, give it a try! You can up the cutoff to 25-30 seconds, more info in the firmware thread.

Rasputin

Bobcat @ VLife. Le__Bobcat @ IG

Timeout duration is in the SET (2) menu. ✌

Lazy Lighting

I have put this vape through the paces. Close to 3 z', two of gorilla glue and one of girl scout cookies. This vape is amazeballs. It really is everything I ever wanted in a vape. Quick amazing tasting clouds. Even in the morning when I am drinking very dark coffee and vaping I can still taste the terpy goodness. I have lost vape therion 75c mod box with the boost up to 12 so there is almost no preheat time. Match this up with VF cooling mouthpiece from 420edc and it's a winner.

Can't wait to get a splinter z. Well done Ryan.

Smoke1ForMe

I have put this vape through the paces. Close to 3 z', two of gorilla glue and one of girl scout cookies. This vape is amazeballs. It really is everything I ever wanted in a vape. Quick amazing tasting clouds. Even in the morning when I am drinking very dark coffee and vaping I can still taste the terpy goodness. I have lost vape therion 75c mod box with the boost up to 12 so there is almost no preheat time. Match this up with VF cooling mouthpiece from 420edc and it's a winner.

Can't wait to get a splinter z. Well done Ryan.

Have you tried replay on your DNA75c? That’s all I’ve been using once I figured out how to use it.

HerbieVonVapster

sur_myevic looks like it supports the Invoke, give it a try! You can up the cutoff to 25-30 seconds, more info in the firmware thread.

Or infinite time if your so inclined.

Okay, thanks.

I have the bin now but the eleaf firmware updater exe says "file is error!" when I try to select myevic.bin

Thanks for the help with this and sorry for the not-exactly-splinter post!

I had to use the firmware updater from sur myevic to flash my mod.

http://www.ecigtalk.ru/forum/f16/t101158.html

Alegre

Pobre payaso
Are the batteries we use in the milaana good to use on these mods we use with the splinter?

Any favs batteries?

Alegre,

SavageCore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom