Discontinued The Splinter by RBT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Summer

Long Island, NY
Am I right @AJS, that the only values you manually set are the TCR & temp of 430, & the coil & wattage adjusts themselves? Now would these same values hold if using AF instead on the same mod? And would they hold if using a different mod -- like is a mod, is a mod, is a mod?, so they're interchangeable?

Like Dan has with different coils, has Ryan stated a suggested/acceptable coil range for his mesh coil/heater? This way, someone would know if there was something wrong with their coil? And am I correct in assuming that if an out-of-range coil value is used extendedly, over time, it would damage the coil?

Last edited:

potenthits

When I say TC I just mean temp control instead of wattage.

M1 TCR 180, coil .245, FJ. PWR 70.0w.
I would suggest for anyone using these variables to lower the wattage to 45. At 70 that means that the heater could pulse at 70w to maintain a temperature of 200c. The literature I got with my device says to keep the wattage under 45.

Edit: also, since each heater will vary slightly, every splinter will vary in ideal resistance settings at a target temperature. The best way to find your ideal resistance setting would be to see what value in ohms your mod reads when attaching a cold splinter onto your mod at room temperature. Take that value and go into your coil settings and enter that value in the proper line and make sure your resistance had a locked symbol before exiting the coil menu.

potenthits,

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
With the assistance of @HerbieVonVapster my Splinter is now functioning properly in Temp control.
The proper material for my Splinter is SS 316MPL. Which wasn't in my DNA75 device till loading up Herb's Escribe profile.
Now it gets recognized as a Temp Sensing coil. So when it hits my set temp, the wattage drops down, then kicks up again to maintain the selected temp. Beautiful.
My 380°f setting is perfect for me and feels more like 410° on my Tubo. SO it is off just a tad on calibration, but the function is proper.
Kick Ass FC screen he had loaded into it as well, looks awesome at startup. :clap:

2s7yy2p.jpg

I wish I could have gotten in on these. This is just what I have been looking for... a 510 dry herb one-hitter.

I don't know the story about what happened but it's too bad.

Hackerman,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I wish I could have gotten in on these. This is just what I have been looking for... a 510 dry herb one-hitter.

As far as I know you can still order them. They are still available, and they are a great vape. The question is only whether he (Ryan) can sell enough Splinters and Milaanas to keep the company viable. It is certainly not dead yet.....................

To paraphrase Mark Twain: "Reports of Splinters death have been greatly exaggerated".

wall

I think they are still for sell on his sight or is it not?

wall,
Reactions: oskicon

HerbieVonVapster

Am I right @AJS, that the only values you manually set are the TCR & temp of 430, & the coil & wattage adjusts themselves? Now would these same values hold if using AF instead on the same mod? And would they hold if using a different mod -- like is a mod, is a mod, is a mod?, so they're interchangeable?

Like Dan has with different coils, has Ryan stated a suggested/acceptable coil range for his mesh coil/heater? This way, someone would know if there was something wrong with their coil? And am I correct in assuming that if an out-of-range coil value is used extendedly, over time, it would damage the coil?

Sadly value can vary between mods and the software there using there's really not a one size fits all. Some use TCR settings some TFR settings. Some have no settings other than changing wire material. My setting are completely different depending on what mod with what device i'm using. Kinda a clusterfuck situation and is one of the reason I like having a mod for each device.

The problem also is in the the material in the splinter heater. Ryan didn't design this heater with TC in mind so finding a setting that can read it's resistances for TC to work can be more of a challenge.

With a standard coil of say 316L it much easier to plot how it will respond and produce a csv file. Basically it's the info that tells mod what the expected change to the wires resistance when wattage applied will be. This file can be interchanged between different mods and software.

Being the splinter has a mesh ss mica heater. Along with it not accessible there's no way to adjust the heater. If not secured tightly how the coil was positioned wear and usage can affect it's resistance. So harder to find a universal value. It's slightly different between each unit. Even the mod you using may display this value differently depending on quality of the mod.

Not a 100% sure about using a splinter outa range setting doing damage the heater? If the setting is out range it should not able to read the resistance and boot you back to wattage mood. Little concerned when I see some of the higher wattage just because of that reason.

Now if temperature control modes working right. The wattage doesn't matter as much. You are only going draw the wattage needed to maintain the temperature you have set. Remember off the bat the temperature might not show correct. That get's into more mod related stuff that's better covered in mod section.

I didn't read the thread about what particular problems we're having but if I order and pay, will I actually receive it..... promptly?

Does he accept PayPal.

Thanks

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
When I ordered mine I ordered it over a weekend and he shipped it that Monday. I got it that Friday. He says on the site he ships on Mondays so if he does have them in stock you might well get it by the end of the week.

I am of course talking within the continental US and I am NOT speaking for him. :nod:

Easywider

Simple is the way
My first splinter was international waitlist got it in less then 10 days once I paid my invoice. Just ordered a second from VF and it shipped GB to CA in 3days.

I can't get over just how much I like this device. It hits so hard so fast and it's incredibly smooth while delivering. Im in TCR 165 @ 45W on a Smoant Cylon ( brown leather version, pairs very nice! ) I pick it up, press fire button and get vapour instantly, sometimes with just 3-5 second puffs.

I tried FJ FW on my Evic Mini while I'm waiting for my second Cylon to arrive, combusted first draw, I had also kicked it into cruise mode by accident and had to just unscrew my poor smoking Splinter off the mod. :cry: I can't seem to adjust the standard 70W of power. Back to wattage for this one.

TheRobbo

Yes considering his effort to meet the needs and wants if so many customers, and other factors well known like the death of a good friend also providing some help in the business, efforts to build alliances like with Dynavap, the China glass debacle ... most of this already known to the public for some time ...

I DO feel his time is worth more than yours, or that of anyone simply waiting for product, including you, me, and everyone else.

And yeah, Ryan has good reason to respond to me, an accidental overpayment, not "is it in the mail yet ... is it in the mail yet."

Sorry. People behaving as you are not only drain the oxygen from the room but deflate the enthusiasm from many an entrepreneur.

We need to cherish the best entrepreneurs in this challenging business, not berate them.

Just stop it.

So so many things I have to say in reply, but as you clearly did not read, or just refuse to acknowledge truth of my statements I don't think your are worth much effort, so I will keep it short.

Seriously, suggesting that I drain oxygen and am killing these guys drive to make works of art for our enjoyment just because I asked one time very politely if the thing I had spent some money on was in the mail yet. Its not like I had waited for 2 weeks when I had been informed that the item was in stock at time of purchase before asking (Oh wait I did)

I'm sorry not all of us have the disposable income to be "an on steroids repeat customer" (still not sure what you are insinuating here, are you planning on keeping RBT afloat single handed?)
There is more but phhhhhh!

Summer

Long Island, NY
From what I understand, Ryan's no longer taking Paypal in US, but is employing it abroad.

Last edited:
Summer,
Reactions: Rasputin

Summer

Long Island, NY
Sorry, should have been clearer. As far as I know the paypal acceptance is for the pre-order payment which as far as I know haven't all been shipped out yet, if any(?). I know he isn't doing Canada right now. And I think he's directing all future int'l. orders to, who is it, Vapefiend?

Here's a link to yesterday's post:

https://old.reddit.com/r/rastabuddhatao/comments/944h7k/rbt_china_explained/

Last edited:

b0

Cloudy...
I've been waiting a long time for this, but seems like it he end RBT lost a customer.

First I didn't got my unit, when I try to contact him with the email we've been using for years he won't answer. Then we started talking on Instagram, he left. I'm sorry but I'm not gonna go after him a 3rd time. All the best for him, I know all the story and I was supportive of him but not anymore.

This isn't how a business is run, letting your customers abandoned without notice and expecting us to look after you. And I'm not gonna say anything about the international drama, but I'm really disappointed.

All the best guys!

HerbieVonVapster

Sorry, should have been clearer. As far as I know the paypal acceptance is for the pre-order payment which as far as I know haven't all been shipped out yet, if any(?). I know he isn't doing Canada right now. And I think he's directing all future int'l. orders to, who is it, Vapefiend?

Here's a link to yesterday's post:

https://old.reddit.com/r/rastabuddhatao/comments/944h7k/rbt_china_explained/

Thank you for linking that info. I'm sure it will set some minds at ease on the future of RBT products.

It's good to hear he's will continue to offer support. I really like the option to buy handmade items.

@Hackerman No, but I believe it's shown as an option on his site. Paypal took issue with the products being Marijuana related.

Well that's lame, as more and more state become legal you think they would welcome the business.

He take credit cards so no big loss there.

HerbieVonVapster,
Reactions: Summer

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I imagine once the Fed drops schedule I classification for cannabis all the banking issues will go away, but for now, while I HATE the effect, it is somewhat understandable for banks (including payers like paypal) to be afraid to associate with cannabis businesses. It is not fair and is highly dangerous (for businesses to work in cash) but it is up to the government to fix it. I can't imagine anything more attractive to organized crime than businesses operating in cash. The Fed invites the mob into a business that doesn't need to include them. Really smart... :rolleyes:

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Thank god that a lot of banks meanwhile are investing in big canna buisiness. May their profit dollars roll!
What a hypocritical behaviour....

BTW after nearly 3w of no response from Ryan today I gave it another try with 2 of his email adresses. Let's play some battleship.

almost there

Thank god that a lot of banks meanwhile are investing in big canna buisiness. May their profit dollars roll!
What a hypocritical behaviour....

BTW after nearly 3w of no response from Ryan today I gave it another try with 2 of his email adresses. Let's play some battleship.
I’ll keep my fingers cross for you, I sent 2 emails and 1 RMA request and it’s been 2 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom