Discontinued The Splinter by RBT

Status
Not open for further replies.

wizzbang

This thing is great for micro-dosing, especially if you're just chasing the tasty terps. I tend to not care too vape much after the terps are gone and probably end up wasting a lot in the process. With the splinter I can just put enough in the bottom of the screen for 1-2 super tasty terp hits and be done with it.

Smoke1ForMe

I’ve been using my splinter for the last 3 days. I must say I love it as I knew I would. It pairs so well with a mod and is so versatile. I can start at 15 watts and just get super tasty hits with light vapor or I can crank it up to 25 watts and finish a bowl in a few hits. I prefer to start low and work my way up in watts.

I just received my lost vape dna75c which so far I am enjoying. Haven’t messed with anything outside of wattage mode, but I’m sure I will at some point.

I used a pico mod with my splinter for two days and like others have said it isn’t the most ideal situation but it does work. I probably won’t use it again now that I have my lost vape.

The only improvement I could see is if it was smaller so it could be more pocketable or fit in a side car mod. Other than that it is perfect.

sativa2liter

lost in orbit
@Smoke1ForMe I’m guessing you had articfox with your pico? Or stock firmware? It’d be an interesting to see a three way comparison of FJ firmware/articfox/evolv chip. I’m sure the evolv chip would best both in accuracy but I’m curious what the results would be between the first two

Smoke1ForMe

@Smoke1ForMe I’m guessing you had articfox with your pico? Or stock firmware? It’d be an interesting to see a three way comparison of FJ firmware/articfox/evolv chip. I’m sure the evolv chip would best both in accuracy but I’m curious what the results would be between the first two

No artic Fox just standard firmware. After 6 bowls I can definitely tell the difference between the two. The pico seems to make the splinter run hotter the longer you hit it. While the dna seems to keep it the same temp no matter how long I hit it. If that makes any sense

Hippie

It's not been fully released into the wild yet.

Only a US release so far :)

Are we getting different glass bits in Europe?

Hippie,

buddingglasshead

It's not been fully released into the wild yet.

Only a US release so far :)

Are we getting different glass bits in Europe?

EU is being handled by Vapefiend exclusively. All glass will be clear from now on as German clear glass is being used instead of china (previous clear and all colored) The 510 connection will also sit on the bottom of the wood chassis unlike some of the ones that recently went out which are recessed into the wood.

I've had one of the few that went out recently and I'll be posting my thoughts soon. I've been incredibly busy and when I have had time... Let's just say I've been enjoying the Splinter.

Summer

Long Island, NY
The 510 connection will also sit on the bottom of the wood chassis unlike some of the ones that recently went out which are recessed into the wood.

Was this to done alleviate the issue of the 510 separating from the wood either due to over-tightening on the mod &/or frequent removal of the Splinter from the mod? Mine is recessed so I'm gonna, like @Other Side did, use a 22mm heat sink so I don't have to ever touch the 510 on the Splinter.

I think he's switching from 19/22 to 19/19 glass fittings for the next batch.

The current batch he's working on for Vapefiend is the (I believe) 1st batch with the new German, 19/19mm, clear glass. The glass is thicker & rim sits better on the wood; I believe narrower & flusher. Take a look at RBT's instagram pics to see the difference. Also, I remember him saying that these are 1/8" longer, & once again, I believe, it's to accommodate the change in glass. Sometimes it's hard to follow on IG streams with freezing & low laptop volume.

The EU batch will be shipped out this coming week so should be available soon. :)

Summer

Long Island, NY
I had a terrific sesh w/ the S tonight, all by my lonesome. And I gotta say, that for someone who vapes ... (I still psychologically need to say " smokes," being a product of the '70s)... only 3 or 4 evenings a week over a lazy 3 hour period, this S hits so smooth, potent & flavorful that you always go a couple of more hits than intended. The 1st go 'round is pure pleasure & the 2 & 3rd are sheer joy. :rockon: The Splinter is like a potato chip, you can't just do one. The hits are so damn tasty that I just can't stop myself.

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
When I read the slogan now again it sounds a bit weird, huh? :brow:
:lol:
Does read like an ad for the latest dildo.

Love my Splinter. Regulation added to the RBT vape signature is a beautiful thing. As said earlier, those early terpy hits are stupendous.
Using an Evic mini at 33 watts stepping up to around 37 watts to finish the load.

K3UYDwU.jpg

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
I'd like to get a Splinter with a really NICE wood body. But guess I'll get mine before any other woods are offered :cry: The marple is just ok but not really nice for my liking.
Again - any news about release date of exotics and burls?

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
The Splinter was announced to be offered also in exotics sometime.
BTW does anybody know why the Splinter is $200 and the Splinter Z $149?

Hogni,
Reactions: BigJr48
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom