• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued The Splinter by RBT

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJS

Calm Consistency
Its 68% here at the moment so that might require a bit more oomph to get things going.
Same here haha. We could have different usage styles too. I don't mind a flavor rip starting out and I know the temp will ramp up over the next hit or so, so I'm fine keeping it at 27 and bringing out the heat. If I'm going for a quick single rip through water, I'll shoot that to 33 and just rip away. 27-29 is my safepoint where I can sit back and watch tv and never once look at the bubbler and just know for a fact I won't combust throughout a sesh unless I seriously try to. It's comfortably easy at that Wattage.

I'm also still learning the ropes with these on demand convection vapes. They are fairly easy to pick up and figure out but I can see that more time/usage is required to master them.
Agreed and well said. Lot of potential to bring out, but adequate enough performance for the average user.

I have 2 friends who purchased my old Milaanas, I feel like they barely know how to use them but still get through a session fine, get good hits, nice and stoned, and replaced combustion. But they don't try all the variables to really understand the ins and outs of the vape. They just use it.

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
Same here haha. We could have different usage styles too. I don't mind a flavor rip starting out and I know the temp will ramp up over the next hit or so, so I'm fine keeping it at 27 and bringing out the heat.

Yep different styles :lol: I've been going for that big rip and relax method. :whoa: One rip will buzz me out for a few hours. :ko:

When I was working with the stem I used the TC mode which was brainless. Hold, draw at low rate to begin with whilst slowly increasing draw speed. That got me great flavour, a cloud and a heavy buzz.

Through the Orbiter in wattage mode I'm using my draw speed to directly control the temp. My mod cuts off after 10 seconds which is perfect for what I'm doing.

I'm going to have a go using the 14 - 18 adapter as a stem. I'm curious to see if the smaller 14mm end helps or hinders the vapor quality.

Agreed and well said. Lot of potential to bring out, but adequate enough performance for the average user.

Thank you

Yeh this mod is like a high performance sporty saloon. Its designed to be a daily driver, comfortable and quietly excelling at its purpose. When you flip it into sport mode though it leaves a stupid grin on your face.

I have 2 friends who purchased my old Milaanas, I feel like they barely know how to use them but still get through a session fine, get good hits, nice and stoned, and replaced combustion. But they don't try all the variables to really understand the ins and outs of the vape. They just use it.

Yeh i know that all to well, my friends are the same. Some people are just happy with 'OK'. That's cool, I get it, sometimes I sacrifice a bit of quality over convenience (subtext: I can be lazy :razz:).

MAbud

Lost vape DNA for me. Fits well and hefty in the hand with dual batteries inserted
FHVltnK.jpg

NICnnxY.jpg

LOE9e9x.jpg

SoxcozF.jpg

wizzbang

My splinter came in today and after playing with it a bit I think I'm getting the hang of it. I'm using my old smok alien mod and 33w seems to be my sweet spot so far.

At first I wasn't too impressed but once I got the technique down and quit using TC mode, I fell in love. This thing is versatile, you can have super tasty terp hits or a gut buster in seconds. It's easily the hardest hitting vape I have owned and I would definitely recommend it to people who miss those giant rips from the combustion days. I personally prefer the terp hits on this over cloud chasing because it can get harsh pretty fast but the terp hits are like crack to me so this works out perfect.

The mighty has been my daily driver and I will continue to use it as my session/outside the house vape but The splinter will definitely be my sit at home vape. I don't think I'll be taking that anywhere with how fragile it can be.

AJS

Calm Consistency
My splinter came in today and after playing with it a bit I think I'm getting the hang of it. I'm using my old smok alien mod and 33w seems to be my sweet spot so far.

At first I wasn't too impressed but once I got the technique down and quit using TC mode, I fell in love. This thing is versatile, you can have super tasty terp hits or a gut buster in seconds. It's easily the hardest hitting vape I have owned and I would definitely recommend it to people who miss those giant rips from the combustion days. I personally prefer the terp hits on this over cloud chasing because it can get harsh pretty fast but the terp hits are like crack to me so this works out perfect.

The mighty has been my daily driver and I will continue to use it as my session/outside the house vape but The splinter will definitely be my sit at home vape. I don't think I'll be taking that anywhere with how fragile it can be.
Wooooo! Awesome to hear! I see you only have 2 posts, thanks for making them count! Great addition to FC!

Just goes to show, my recent rambling about wattage mode may be holding true for others too, pretty cool the way it was designed is the way it's being used, huh? haha.

the terp hits are like crack to me so this works out perfect.
amen.

sickmanfraud

Not loving the form factor of a pico+splinter +xlbr. Too tall and narrow, top heavy and unstable.

All Glass at the top which will fall further and hit harder. Keeps tipping over. I've caught it ... So far.

Guess I'm headed for another mod. Sigh, was not looking for a monster base reminiscent of the ghost mv1, but is there really a choice?

Also, I find myself using two hands, which I did not anticipate. The base is so far from the tip of the glass, it just doesn't give me enough control for something I'm ... putting in my mouth. I expect that gets worse not better with a bigger mod.

Didn't foresee how much larger and more unruly the whole setup would be vs the milaana.

Is it really practical?

If usage through water is your preferred method you should look at a TUBOx which is a 510 device, but the mod and the oven are separate pieces so you only need to balance the heater on your water tool.

Bob Aunum

Hello boys and girls. Looks like this lucky lurker is receiving his Splinter on friday. Oh man am I pumped. I've done a ton of searches and I cannot find the dims on this thing. I found the length easily enough but I can't find the width of the barrel (exterior diameter) posted anywhere. Can anyone take a measurement for me?

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
Hello boys and girls. Looks like this lucky lurker is receiving his Splinter on friday. Oh man am I pumped. I've done a ton of searches and I cannot find the dims on this thing. I found the length easily enough but I can't find the width of the barrel (exterior diameter) posted anywhere. Can anyone take a measurement for me?

Hello Bob,

Mine measures 31-32mm:

ghgpsVq.jpg

Something tells me you are gonna have a great weekend :tup:

Bob Aunum

Hello Bob,

Mine measures 31-32mm:

ghgpsVq.jpg

Something tells me you are gonna have a great weekend :tup:

Thanks for the quick response!
Yeah, looking forward to this weekend. Also moving to a legal state in a few weeks so this bad boy will be getting a LOT of use. Really excited for the concentrates. Was in the market for a Quartz Quest but I think I'll wait to see how the Splinter performs.

Summer

Long Island, NY
Whoa, @Bob Aunum, few & far between (understatement!) posts. Don't be a stranger on this thread. We love talking up our Splinters. :love: Be sure to let us know what you think after the weekend.

Lucky you, a legal state. :drool: Heard that Canada just passed legalization yesterday, so she now joints Uruguay & Spain. And yesterday the NYS Health Dept. finished their analysis & has suggested to Gov. Cuomo that it should be legalized as the benefits outweigh the negatives. Slowly, but surely. :clap:

wizzbang

I definitely need to look into running this through water or using a whip. I'm a total abuser lol and this thing is too convenient. I have went thru many many sessions already since getting my splinter and It really wrecks my tongue from the heat. On a side note though this Wedding Cake tastes amazing and the splinter really makes it shine. Its crazy how much better it tastes than the mighty.

Summer

Long Island, NY
And yesterday the NYS Health Dept. finished their analysis & has suggested to Gov. Cuomo that it should be legalized

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/18/nyregion/new-york-marijuana-legalization.html

I just watched Ryan's IG stream & he said that the Splinter waitlist is gonna close on Monday & he's shipping out 100 units to Vapefiend next week (with 150 more to follow in near future), & then, after shipping, he's gonna work on finishing up the waitlist.

He was using the PAM in his stream with a battery & voltage regulator(?). Bear with me cause I really don't understand how a regulator works (just started to work with watts & have no understanding of volts), but I'm pretty sure I got my values correct. He started his draw at 4.5 volts & ended his draw at 3.5 volts (24 watts) & you should have seen the vapor from just flower -- you'd think he was dabbing. The next one he started at 45 watts & ended at 19 & that cloud was even more massive. If I knew how to work one of those things, I'd definitely grab me a PAM.

Last edited:

Cl4ud3

It seems that RBT doesn't use PayPal...anyone know why?

Paypal have closed vape accounts in the past, I don't think vapes are covered in their terms or they just don't want to be involved in these industries. It's gone on a few years and I know someone who was asked this year if he was selling vapes on his account and if so they had to stop.

Cl4ud3,
Reactions: BigJr48

TheRobbo

Has anyone got confirmation they filled out the international order list correctly? I guess we will find out when vapefiend gets stock :)

TheRobbo,

Easywider

Simple is the way
I also haven’t received any follow up confirmation that my form was filled out correctly. Fingers crossed! I was #95 but I don’t think we’re going in order anymore.

New smoant cyclon just showed up in the mail yesterday. Saw another member post the combo, really liked the look. Center mount, good for 32mm wide tanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom