1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

The Splinter by RBT

Discussion in 'Upcoming and Unreleased Portable Vaporizers' started by RastaBuddhaTao, Dec 31, 2016.

1. TheRobbo

TheRobbo Well-Known Member

So did any one else get the e-mail to reply to if you are international to recieve an invoice, Instead of going through the web site? I just feel its strange no one has mentioned it yet...

2. Easywider

Easywider Simple is the way

I got the "International Splinter People" email June 2nd. Haven't heard an update yet, can't wait to test drive this one! :rockon:

3. TheRobbo

TheRobbo Well-Known Member

If Milaana launch is anything to go by we may be bumped down the list to make sure everything is ironed out before sending overseas.
    I am more than ok with this approach as international rma is no fun with what this kind of device comes into contact with! But then if its anything like Milaana I'm still going strong since receiving mine during those early days (a result of delaying internationals, Combined with a rock solid product? Either way what is an extra couple of weeks at this point). My brain wants to think it is over 2 years ago... I'm pretty sure we can't trust that part of me but it cant be too far out

BigJr48 and Easywider like this.
  4. sickmanfraud

sickmanfraud Well-Known Member

Just checked out RBT webpage (Milaana thread said they had new stock) and the Splinter is listed as $200??

Summer, BigJr48 and P.A.M. like this.
  5. Hogni

Hogni Honi soit qui mal y pense

Can't create an account at his site as an international customer. There's still US and Canada only!?

Any news about exotic woods?

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018 at 7:00 AM
  6. little maggie

little maggie Well-Known Member

Wondering why this is in the unreleased section. There are far more splinters in the wild than nomads which has already moved.

I haven't tried mine with a J hook but that is a great idea. I've been using a whip and the firmware I use with my tubo. Works great.

BigJr48, SloJimFizz and Megaton like this.
  7. pakalolo

pakalolo RoboMod v4.0a (unstable) Staff Member

Because it was withdrawn after the first batch went out and the thread was moved back here by request of the manufacturer. As far as I know, RBT hasn't started shipping them again.

Summer, BigJr48 and sativa2liter like this.
  8. AJS

AJS Calm Consistency

Noticed something interesting the other day. Got a batch of screens from RBT the other day with a package he sent me. Without thinking i plopped one into a stem and tried vaping. The herb wasn't vaping as even as it normally is. Really couldn't figure out why, my technique hadn't changed.

Turns out the screen I put in was one of his older ones, not his new basket screens that he build specifically for more even vaping and ease of use. Well, just goes to show, the man was right. The new screens he has with the odd built in rim are just the best way to go.

I believe his reasoning was correct too, sometimes the original stock screens needed a tiny bit of bending to get into place, this would cause airflow to react differently. As a result, less even vaping. His new screens, everything is even all the way around, more even vape. Almost perfectly even vape, one of the best I've seen in a convection vaporizer next to the Grasshopper. Impressive man, impressive.

SCREENS!!! :science:

KeroZen, Rasputin, Summer and 8 others like this.
  9. Megaton

Megaton Well-Known Member

Saw an update on the RBT IG that more waitlist emails have gone out. Who's got an email? Which list was it?

sativa2liter likes this.
  10. Hippie

Hippie Well-Known Member

I actually got 2 emails :brow: :D

I'm in EU and number 90something on the list

11. Megaton

Good times! If you don't mind my asking- when did you join the list?

sativa2liter and BigJr48 like this.
  12. Hogni

Did anybody hear about current state of production of Splinters with exotic woods?

I'm international #121

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018 at 7:32 AM
  13. Hippie

Hippie Well-Known Member

I think I joined the list in early January, maybe late December

BigJr48 and Megaton like this.
  14. Megaton

Thanks @Hippie much appreciated! I joined a much later list (April), so its nice to know where we stand roughly!

sativa2liter, Hippie and BigJr48 like this.
  15. Smoke1ForMe

Smoke1ForMe Well-Known Member

Better check your emails!

You can order your splinter now if you were on the waitlist :rockon:

BigJr48, AJS, Summer and 1 other person like this.
  16. Summer

Summer Well-Known Member

Isn't it just the next batch (as in, Ryan is working in small batches) as he had like a 300 unit waitlist? I'm #38 & I got mine, guesstimate, like a month ago. Someone just said they got notification & they are #90 so he can't be sending all out emails to all waiting at one time. At least I wouldn't think so.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018 at 1:20 AM
    BigJr48 and sativa2liter like this.
  17. Hippie

Hippie Well-Known Member

3 emails in one day!!!!!

I need a lie down :science:
    (while I wait for the 4th email to tell us the new order form for foreigners mentioned in the third email is now actually ready for use on the website :uhh:)

almost there, BigJr48, AJS and 2 others like this.
  18. Summer

Summer Well-Known Member

:rofl:

sativa2liter, BigJr48 and AJS like this.
  19. Hogni

Does nobody know anything about the release of exotic/burl Splinter?

Would wait for them and change my place on the wait list if neccessary.

Alternatively I'm thinking about to change the wood for a custom made one. How ist the wooden body glued/fixed to the glass corpse? With what kind of glue?

Is it possible to loose the connection w/o danger of damages?

Appreciate your help in advance!

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018 at 7:47 AM
    sativa2liter, KeroZen and BigJr48 like this.
  20. WAM90

WAM90 Well-Known Member

Splinter looks unreal... What kind of wait time can I expect if I'm just getting on the list now?

Edit: If it isn't already too late!

21. Hogni

Sounds as maybe 2-3 months. All pre-ordered Splinter shall be delivered within the next 2months.

sativa2liter, BigJr48 and WAM90 like this.
  22. Summer

Summer Well-Known Member

@Hogni, I'm gonna guess that exotic woods are gonna be available after the waitlist. I don't know if Ryan will do exotic woods right away or until he just gets around to it. Why don't you try pm'ing him through his website. to ask.

sativa2liter, BigJr48 and Hogni like this.
  23. Hogni

Thanks! I'll do so if nobody knows about. I just dont want to bother Ryan with an inquiry if I can get the answer here. Maybe there were new infos on Instagram/Reddit or what else I don't watch myself.

sativa2liter, Summer and BigJr48 like this.
  24. Megaton

I'm hoping that its just another of the email lists has been pulled. I imagine im on the last list as i joined in April, i've had no email.

sativa2liter, Summer and BigJr48 like this.
  25. MAbud

MAbud Well-Known Member

Shipping notice!! Beyond psyched

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors