Discontinued The Splinter by RBT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been using the splinter/zi more than my mi recently. The splinter is incredible around campus. I just need to find a mod that I really love, the pico isn't my favorite for it. It's too small and tips too easily, I always have to put the device on its side. Any recommendations from ya'll?

Other Side

Retailer
Retailer
Is there currently a list anywhere? You know, for those of us being dragged along by our scrotum...

(I don't need another vape. Yes you DO! No, I DON'T! Yes you DO! No I DON'T!

YES YOU DO! OK ok ok...)
Been using the splinter/zi more than my mi recently. The splinter is incredible around campus. I just need to find a mod that I really love, the pico isn't my favorite for it. It's too small and tips too easily, I always have to put the device on its side. Any recommendations from ya'll?

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/w...ing-for-on-demand-convection-510-vapes.25465/

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
I just need to find a mod that I really love, the pico isn't my favorite for it.

Wait, what? I thought the Pico was not compatible due to the protruding battery cap. The iHeat doesn't fit on it at least and I think it's smaller in diameter...

KeroZen,
Reactions: BigJr48

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Oorite! But doesn't it look kinda funny, phatty over such a tiny mod? :lol:

I'm trying to imagine what it would look on mine... but I feel that it would prefer to be mounted on a bigger beast. :evil:

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
@mucsusn (or anyone) do you think you can answer my question, please?
Sorry for missing this friend. The Splinter itself is 2 1/4" off the mod to the rim of the 19 mm glass and it is 1 1/4" diameter. The mouthpiece that shipped is the "Splinter long" which is the standard for the Mi. It is approx 1.63" high off the 19 mm female. The stealth mouthpiece is planned to be around 1".

mucsusn

60 going on 20
@mucsusn (or anyone) do you think you can answer my question, please?
@Summer the Splinter measures ~ 2 1/4 in long, not counting the male threads. The short RBT stems take that length to ~ 3 3/4-3 7/8 combined. I have two versions of RBT long stems, ones that came with my Mi’s and a couple that are a little shorter that came with my used Zion package, so not ultimately sure of their source.

And yes the long stems do cool the vapor, but it’s so easy to modulate your heat and draw with these RBT devices, so that’s never been an issue for me. I gave up cigarettes in 2001 and started cannabis again in 2015 after a 33 year break, so I have pretty healthy lungs to attack my vape collection with:cheers:

Last edited:

Summer

Long Island, NY
Thank you both for replying, but I'm confused -- maybe just dense.

@RastaBuddhaTao says the Splinter long stem (which is the Mi short stem) is 1.63" high off the 19mm female, I understand he's not including the joint area. @mucsusn, you say the short RBT stem is 3-3/4 to 3-5/8, assumably including the joint. Not possible for the joint to be 2" to account for the difference. Somebody straighten me out please. :doh:

Also, how long is the Mi long stem with & without joint area included?

Answer my questions, & I'll go away. :D

Summer,
Reactions: Alegre

mucsusn

60 going on 20
Don’t go away........my description is the same as Ryan’s, just stated differently, as the 1.63 inches he references match my upper estimate to total length (Ryan stated 2 1/4 plus 1.63, I stated my outer limit as 3 7/8) 1/8 inch is equivalent to .125 decimally, so 1.63 is almost identical to 1 5/8.

My long stems add 3 1/8 and 3 7/8 to the Splinter length, for totals of 5 3/8 and 6 1/8 inches.

mucsusn,
Reactions: Summer

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
Thank you both for replying, but I'm confused -- maybe just dense.

@RastaBuddhaTao says the Splinter long stem (which is the Mi short stem) is 1.63" high off the 19mm female, I understand he's not including the joint area. @mucsusn, you say the short RBT stem is 3-3/4 to 3-5/8, assumably including the joint. Not possible for the joint to be 2" to account for the difference. Somebody straighten me out please. :doh:

Also, how long is the Mi long stem with & without joint area included?

Answer my questions, & I'll go away. :D
Please don't go away :). Check my IG post and let me know if you still have any ?s.

https://instagram.com/p/Be1gk4HBScG/

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I have a heat sink on mine and it raises the deck flush with the battery cap. good to go!

Oorite! But doesn't it look kinda funny, phatty over such a tiny mod? :lol:

I'm trying to imagine what it would look on mine... but I feel that it would prefer to be mounted on a bigger beast. :evil:

Been wondering about this, glad someone tried it out, I don't think I'd mind resting it on its side, but like the idea of a super compact mod for some super portable regulated RBT vapor. Even if it is a little unseemly, if it fits well in my hand and pocket I am golden. That being said, could you share a photo of it with the heatsink on the pico @Easywider? For imagination's sake ;)

Other Side

Retailer
Retailer
Been wondering about this, glad someone tried it out, I don't think I'd mind resting it on its side, but like the idea of a super compact mod for some super portable regulated RBT vapor. Even if it is a little unseemly, if it fits well in my hand and pocket I am golden. That being said, could you share a photo of it with the heatsink on the pico @Easywider? For imagination's sake ;)
I thought I would hate it but it turns out I don't.

Crappy picture here.
j9uXtFe.jpg

It is awkward but doable. I really did miss the temp control of a DNA mod so I doubt I'll be using this setup again but it is a little smaller.

I will also say this. One battery is not going to be a good thing for the Splinter unless you are into changing batteries. :D

Last edited:

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
Thanks to everyone that is doing the work to find optimized mods and settings. There are single battery "sticks" like @Other Side that are set to a constant voltage. This would result in a "controlled Milaana" in that the wattage would not drop as the battery drains like Milaana. These mods retail for about $30 so it would would shave a few bucks off and give ya a Splinter on a stick... food for thought

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
@Other Side: tried ArticFox on that setup mate? Should improve TC somewhat...

I'm curious because I have a Pico but it's currently sitting unused.

But do you need to unscrew the mod to access the battery? I would be worried if I had to do that every-time I swap cells, the 510 wouldn't last long before developing bad contact resistance.

Other Side

Retailer
Retailer
@Other Side: tried ArticFox on that setup mate? Should improve TC somewhat...

I'm curious because I have a Pico but it's currently sitting unused.

But do you need to unscrew the mod to access the battery? I would be worried if I had to do that every-time I swap cells, the 510 wouldn't last long before developing bad contact resistance.
Yeah this is Arctic Fox and I do believe you would have to remove the Splinter to change the battery.

abbaba

can someone tell me the alternative to the splinter if i'm searching a 510 attachment to make my box works like milaana for example?

abbaba,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom