Discontinued The Splinter by RBT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Easywider

Simple is the way
I know this is off topic, but for peoples safety, I believe the Ethanol you can order from amazon or grab from your local box store has additives in it to deter people from drinking it. Kind of like how cooking wine is pumped with salt. Not sure if you want to be vaping to additives. :2c:

Easywider,

chrismaddahl

I was only talking about the situatuon in Germany!
And here this is no problem.

What you mean is denatured alcohol (for example methylated spirits / "Brennspiritus" in german)
This stuff has additives to make it undrinkable and is clearly labeled as such in germany.
And it is much much cheaper because there is no alcohol tax on it.

Apart from that we can also safely buy pure alcohol/ethanol.

To show the difference:
1 litre denatured alcohol costs around 2 Euro

1 litre clean alcohol / wine spirit from local distillery (96%) costs around 30 euro

1 litre pharmaceutical grade ethanol from a pharmacy (96%) costs around 80 to 90 euro

TiSteamo

VAPEnsiero... sull'ali dorate...
@chrismaddahl

All you need to do is buy alcohol to make drinks, about 96 degrees food grade ethyl alcohol.

You can also immerse the screens and the grinder in alcohol when it is particularly "dirty" ...

Last edited:
TiSteamo,

almost there

Black Wismec Sinuous P80 for $27.50 shipped from Shenzen with code P80M

https://vapesourcing.com/wismec-sinuous-p80-box-mod.html
Nice one Boss! Couldn't help myself and snagged 2 at that price. I've updated all my wismec mods to the tuboFW and been rocking the splinters on cruise mode ever since the fw became available. TC has been a joy to use compared to surmyevc, no more wild temperature cycling way above target

Last edited:

sickmanfraud

@bossman

Ok, your silence tells me you weren't kidding ...:)
Yes, ethyl alcohol (or ethanol, if you wish) is for food use.

I dip the glass mouthpieces or all the vapcap (except the cap) for a few hours. When the alcohol turns champagne-coloured it means that it is ready for extraction.

I do an extraction every two weeks or so.

I pour the alcohol into a large and low pot ( Do not use one with a non-stick base because then you will have to "scratch" ...) and turn on the heat to a minimum, being careful never to boil the alcohol because the cannabinoids burn.

It is a procedure to be performed with the utmost caution!
Alcohol + fire: potential danger.

Be careful!

When the alcohol has completely evaporated (I follow everything step by step) you can collect everything with a razor blade and form a ball or, as I do, lick the bowl with a few grams of CBD trim.
In this way I get a cannabis mince mixed with a hash oil.
Heavenly. :peace:

If anyone wants to evaporate (or reduce) Ethanol to make a concentrated tincture or some form of concentrate NEVER PUT A POT CONTAINING ANY FORM OF ALCOHOL DIRECTLY ON A HEAT SOURCE.

You should ALWAYS use a double boiler system. You should put your alcohol in a metal bowl inside a pot containing boiled water with the heat source off.

Your method is far more dangerous than the ingestion of a couple milliliters of ISO.

@chrismaddahl Don't feel bad about the cost of ethanol. I pay $52 per liter.

Last edited:

TiSteamo

If done carefully, it is not dangerous.

However, your method is certainly safer ...

TiSteamo,

TiSteamo

The important thing is to do things with the brain and with knowledge...knowing what you're doing.

Furthermore I think I have asked for the utmost attention!

TiSteamo,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
If anyone wants to continue the discussion about different types of alcohol, please start a thread in the Vapor Lounge. Thanks for your cooperation.

floribud

Anyone have problems with their Splinters giving intermittent "Atomizer not found" and/or "Atomizer Short" issues. It seems like at some point, in every session or every other session I have to unscrew and tweak the screw at the bottom, usually multiple time before I can find a sweet spot that works again.

The problem is that tweaking the bottom screw often seems to change resistance and that messes with TCR settings. So I've basically just given up on TCR and go only in wattage mode.

Anyone else experiencing something like this. I have to Splinters, a V1 and a V2 and both do that same thing. And yes I've tried several mod boxes (Espion, Eleaf Invoke, Eleaf Mix) same result.

I use this https://www.dhgate.com/product/pinnacle-pro-vaporizer-14mm-glass-hydro-water/403342992.html

Work perfectly for me, Use it with Splinter, Tera and sometimes I just jam my Dynavap with fat mouthpiece in there. But yes, the cooling is perfect, I rarely use water in it. Just enough cooling so that my throat doesn't get irritated, but still plenty of flavor.

Last edited by a moderator:
floribud,
Reactions: Summer

Summer

Long Island, NY
Maybe if @RastaBuddhaTao has time in his traveling schedule, he could weigh in on your issue.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-splinter-by-rbt.23476/page-205#post-1450467

We could all learn something from the answer as most of us have never had a reason to adjust a screw. (Yeah, I caught it. ;))

BWT, I trust all is well with you in your travels. Although I haven't caught up with you on IG lately, I did start the story with the guy who was gonna tell us some type of story. (A guy who makes art from ... trash???) Didn't have time to watch & stupidly didn't save to StorySave so I missed it!! Is the video up somewhere to be watched? If not, please repost the story or pm me a link. :tup:

Safe travels, Ryan! :wave:

Last edited:

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Anyone have problems with their Splinters giving intermittent "Atomizer not found" and/or "Atomizer Short" issues. It seems like at some point, in every session or every other session I have to unscrew and tweak the screw at the bottom, usually multiple time before I can find a sweet spot that works again.

The problem is that tweaking the bottom screw often seems to change resistance and that messes with TCR settings. So I've basically just given up on TCR and go only in wattage mode.

Anyone else experiencing something like this. I have to Splinters, a V1 and a V2 and both do that same thing. And yes I've tried several mod boxes (Espion, Eleaf Invoke, Eleaf Mix) same result.
I've been recommending the Wismec RX Gen3 Dual for Splinter TC on a budget. I've always had better performance withtthat mod than with my eleaf Invoke or VTC Dual.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member

I saw this only once, in one of the first Splinters ever when I was doing beta testing. I adjusted the screw and it never happened again. Turning that screw definitely changes the resistance. I'd suggest using Locktite or similar.

It's quite odd that it's happening repeatedly and with two different devices. This is not a common problem with Splinters, in fact I can only recall one or two mentions of anything like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom