• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued The Splinter by RBT

Status
Not open for further replies.

blokenoname

DIY Log Dabbler 😁🪵💪💨💨💨
BTW... anybody using a variable/custom power/wattage curve with the Splinter?

Found that my Geekvape Aegis mod allowed to set up a simple wattage curve, that determines how the heater behaves over a 10 sec cycle draw.
First 4 points define the wattage output of the heater within the first 4 secs of the draw. 5th point defines the wattage for the remaining 6 secs of the cycle.
Every new firing cycle now follows this simple curve. I sat it high (40w) for the start up, to get the heater up to temp fast and to compensate it for fighting your initial draw. Then I let it gently level out towards 30w, to prevent accidental combustion, when you intuivly slow down your draw towards the end of the 10 sec cycle, b/c your lungs are filled up.
For your next draw, it springs back to life at 40w again :tup:
Works a treat here! Never had it easier getting vapor!
Preheat 4-5 secs. And then simply take your draws with natural speed. First draw will be a bit weak, but with the 2nd draw you're in business :nod:

Nice feature :D So easy to set up!

E5260247-B46-C-4602-A3-B7-5776-AE473-D24.jpg

Last edited:

VelocityREST

Thanks you guys for your input, I purchased two WPAs from the herb cafe, I also got the water adapter for the jr sticky brick, I only need cooling stems but no rush now since it'll be used with water.

Oh finally! I purchased the dna 250c ages ago, perhaps 6 months ago for the Z and didn't have the chance to get the Z.

I have couple bongs but I need something portable that I can take with me to a park ( perks of being Canadian :p ), any suggestions from dhgate?

VelocityREST,

Mr. Me2

How many pulls do people generally get from a full and lightly tamped basket using a Splinter v2 (not through water)?

Mr. Me2,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
That's what I use. For the screens and the stems.

Brief soak & toothbrush scrub.

I torch mine while holding them with tweezers.

Unrelatedly, here's a link to me talking about a cheap dna250 mod that's still available if anyone is looking:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/w...nvection-510-vapes.25465/page-50#post-1415197

It's only a built-in 1200mah lipo so not perfect by any means. Still, there appears to be interest in making the mod part of the Splinter life easier and a non-color dna with built-in battery for under seventy bucks would be a home run if not for that caveat.

Fuck your team

with bargains!

bossman,
Reactions: Mr. Me2

vapviking

Old & In the Way
HA!
I soak briefly in iso alcohol, brush if needed with S&B brush (they're good for so many things!), then hold with tweezers over the stove-top flame while still a little wet with the alcohol. There happens to be a good exhaust fan over the stove. Torching/burning may discolor the screen a bit, but I do think it's thorough and expedient.

eideal852

HA!
I soak briefly in iso alcohol, brush if needed with S&B brush (they're good for so many things!), then hold with tweezers over the stove-top flame while still a little wet with the alcohol. There happens to be a good exhaust fan over the stove. Torching/burning may discolor the screen a bit, but I do think it's thorough and expedient.
never needed anything but iso and a shake. collect the used in a small plastic container, when "full" i iso, soak, shake, soak, shake, rinse. Just have enough that the soak doesnt put you out of commision.

Summer

Long Island, NY
I missed the mark with what I posted about the Tubo software yesterday in the Splinter Z thread:

Tubo [aka funkyjunk(y)] which is a proprietary version of surmyevic.

I rec'd a pm from @funkyjunky who wanted to clarify the developmental history of these softwares. (Except for changing from 1st to 3rd person (I to he/fj) & changing the sentence order, these are fj's quoted words.

'The tubomyevic AND the surmyevic softwares are descendents of the myevic firmware. tuboymevic has nothing to do with surmyevic. surmyevic was/is for ecigarette use & fj's for the tubomyevic.

microsur (the coder of the surmyevic project) & fj developed their respective projects independently at the same time - except that microsur copied fj's cruise feature into his work after some time.'

I'm going to crosspost this to the Box Mod Firmware thread so everyone interfacing with these firmwares understands the correct software history. :tup:

Last edited:

VelocityREST

Sad sad day

I left the mod & splinter z in my bag and for some reason it kept firing till the wood burned, I entered the room and found black smoke coming out of the bag, the splinter was smoking after I disconnected the device ...

What the actual heck man, I bought it like a week ago and been waiting for it forever ....

VelocityREST,
Reactions: Alex3oe

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Sad sad day

I left the mod & splinter z in my bag and for some reason it kept firing till the wood burned, I entered the room and found black smoke coming out of the bag, the splinter was smoking after I disconnected the device ...

What the actual heck man, I bought it like a week ago and been waiting for it forever ....

Damn man, yeah, 5 clicks would have turned it off.

Alex3oe

Accessory Maker
Sad sad day

damn, thats why lots of mods don't support autofire and have a cut of after some seconds :(

david8613

My mods have cut off also, what mod were you using? When I am not using the Z I have a habit of seperating the Z from the mod, I'm afraid of dropping and with the extra weight of the mod breaking the glass on the Z.

david8613,

VelocityREST

He is lucky he didnt burn his house down!

i put the setup in the bag because I was going to the park, along with the bong and other stuff. I was pouring my coffee into the thermos when I smelled burning wood. Still could have gone been worse.

Anyhow, so far so good, the only noticeable difference is the resistance went from 0.41 to 0.49. I don't know for how long it'll keep working :)

VelocityREST,
Reactions: Summer

almost there

i put the setup in the bag because I was going to the park, along with the bong and other stuff. I was pouring my coffee into the thermos when I smelled burning wood. Still could have gone been worse.

Anyhow, so far so good, the only noticeable difference is the resistance went from 0.41 to 0.49. I don't know for how long it'll keep working :)
I think you should be good. I accidentally left my V2 running on autofire for over an hour on TC mode. Everything's working normal with the splinter as well as the mod once it cooled off

Last edited:

Mr. Me2

Thought I’d weigh in and rave about my Splinter v2.

I’ve had it for about 2 weeks now (along with a rx gen3 dual) and love this thing! It’s my official go-to vape now. When I find the boxes, I’m planning to sell 3 of my other vapes that haven’t seen any or much use and won’t in the foreseeable future (a pax2, Crafty, and ff1).

So far, I’m happily stuck in wattage mode. I’ve been following the discussion here or in the Z thread about using dosing caps. I love the idea of being able to prefill and swap out. But I think if somebody finds one that fits, it may introduce some conduction. But I’ll leave that to the experts.

In the meantime, I’m so in love with thing that I’m working with @Aezhenn on a custom Splinter workstation. We’ll get pictures up when it’s finished.

So now I’m thinking about back ups. Oh, VAS...

almost there

Thought I’d weigh in and rave about my Splinter v2.

I’ve had it for about 2 weeks now (along with a rx gen3 dual) and love this thing! It’s my official go-to vape now. When I find the boxes, I’m planning to sell 3 of my other vapes that haven’t seen any or much use and won’t in the foreseeable future (a pax2, Crafty, and ff1).

So far, I’m happily stuck in wattage mode. I’ve been following the discussion here or in the Z thread about using dosing caps. I love the idea of being able to prefill and swap out. But I think if somebody finds one that fits, it may introduce some conduction. But I’ll leave that to the experts.

In the meantime, I’m so in love with thing that I’m working with @Aezhenn on a custom Splinter workstation. We’ll get pictures up when it’s finished.

So now I’m thinking about back ups. Oh, VAS...
If you are interested in capsule stems and since you're already in contact with Aezhenn why don't you have him turn you a capsule stem? He's already been doing it for the Tubo, he'll just have to make the joint shorter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom