Discontinued The Splinter by RBT

Status
Not open for further replies.

olivianewtonjohn

Got a splinter z v1 (arrived last Thursday) I have a sinuous p80 & loaded arctic fox, can anyone share the settings for wattage and how to configure tcr and cruise? Thanks

Wrong thread? There is another thread for the splinter Z. I dont know how my settings would translate to the Z. But at least you can see how to turn autofire on (cruise) and basic settings for TCR

dzunk

I will attempt to answer your questions in order

1. This is the Nub cooling moouthpiece Sold by Lamart of Switzerland https://shop.lamart.ch/index.php?route=product/product&path=64&product_id=549 @funkyjunky ships VERY fast.

2. Vapefiend has an Eds T&T stem https://vapefiend.co.uk/products/milaana-2-splinter-stem?_pos=4&_sid=5b0d11f30&_ss=r

3. I will suggest a DNA250C as the best mod type, but they are close to $100 and hard to find. I do have an Gen 3 Dual coming but I don'thave it yet. Reach out to @bossman to answer this question.

4. Batteries you want 18650 flat top batteries I personally use the LG HG2 batteries for the most part. There are a lot of "fake" batteries so only buy from a well known source. There are some EU suggested sellers but you may need to search this thread to find the names.

5 If you mean extra glass mouthpieces I would suggest that you wait and see how you like the wood stem, the included stem and or the Nub before buying extra accessories.

1-thanks for the tip, looks more compact that this one https://azarius.de/vaporizers/vaporizer-accessories/rastabuddhatao/rbt-splinter-kuehl-mundstueck/ hope its going to cool down the vapor equally

2-this seems way to expensive. i think i will rather get several glass mouthpieces and break one from time to time..(if i find a place to buy them)

4-thanks i will buy exactly these, i like that they are 3000mah, with three of these i should be able to get some decent amount of bowls done

also i realized im in the wrong thread since i bought the zv2, so my apologies to everyone and i will be asking my next questions in the right thread :)

Consolidated21

Mediterranean
Hi fella, i have a originai giass mouthpiece and a Eds one. i prefer Eds 'couse has inner diam. 0.7-0.8mm and the stsndar 1.3-1.4mm,and you can control better the drow speed.

i saw the tapered mouthpiece but i thing they dont ship products in EU.
I wish a great week to all of you.

...The one from Lamar looks super...

Last edited by a moderator:
Consolidated21,
Reactions: AJS

GoldenBud

Hi fella, i have a originai giass mouthpiece and a Eds one. i prefer Eds 'couse has inner diam. 0.7-0.8mm and the stsndar 1.3-1.4mm,and you can control better the drow speed.

i saw the tapered mouthpiece but i thing they dont ship products in EU.
I wish a great week to all of you.

This one is shipped from CH , not expensive shipping inside EU
fits Splinter - 19 widen 22 length

https://shop.lamart.ch/index.php?route=product/product&path=64_79&product_id=549

GoldenBud,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I will get the cooling mluthpiece from lamar. In a week or two when everything i ordered arrives i will let you guys know how is it.

is there any chance that this stem will fit as well?
https://shop.lamart.ch/index.php?route=product/product&path=64_77&product_id=312
I think the glass nub from lamart and their wood capsule stem are both made to fit Tubo, which I believe can use 18/22 glass. If you are able to use the cooling mp, the wood capsule stem should also work.

If you have a V1 or V2, neither will work, but I think I read somewhere that lamart will size a wood stem for you, to fit one of those.

But pls confirm the sizes of their wood stems with lamart before you purchase!

GoldenBud

I think the glass nub from lamart and their wood capsule stem are both made to fit Tubo, which I believe can use 18/22 glass. If you are able to use the cooling mp, the wood capsule stem should also work.

If you have a V1 or V2, neither will work, but I think I read somewhere that lamart will size a wood stem for you, to fit one of those.

But pls confirm the sizes of their wood stems with lamart before you purchase!
Lamart said it is built to fit milaana/splinter too, 19/22
The capsule stem won't fit Splinter

olivianewtonjohn

20190929-213628.jpg

20190929-213709.jpg

I just tried this for one bowl. Seems to work well and no more worries about herb spillage into the heater. I think it's a fine 1/2 screen in case anyone wants to try it. It already had a small dome shape to it from a previous project and now seems to fit and lock in with alittle center pressure, when it comes time to empty the bowl I just push from one side and it releases

Mr. Me2

My box mod arrived! It’s so purdy, and smaller than I expected.

But no batteries, no Splinter (yet)...

WHAT A TEASE!!!
My batteries are here! 2 parts down and one to go...the Splinter!

So these are my 1st flat top batteries. Is there a positive and negative end? Or doesn’t it matter?

I could not find any markings and they seem to be charging in my Nightcore D2 charger...

Mr. Me2,
Reactions: AJS

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
:suspicious:

Negative is flat and round, positive has a plastic ring and a central raised tab and more details if you look closely. And yes it does matter.

KeroZen,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
OK, I'm confused ... again! All the Zs are 19/22. But isn't the Splinter's joint size 19/19 for all but the initial custom batches released in early 2018?

Yes? Not sure where confusion came from

Shit Snacks,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Lamart said it is built to fit milaana/splinter too, 19/22
The capsule stem won't fit Splinter
19/22 will not fit Splinter V1 or V2. They need the shorter length 19/18, or 18/18 (I believe that when talking glass joints the 19 dia. can also be listed as 18 and they both mean the same thing.)

Still seems odd to me that the Lamart wood capsules stems won't fit where a 19/22 glass will. I assumed they were both made for the Tubo.

vapviking,
Reactions: GoldenBud

RBTcole

Company Rep
Company Rep
Hey everybody, I’ll address a few things that I’ve seen mentioned. Shipping is now every Monday and I will be the one running that after today. And as far as the burn off, the non custom units do not receive a burn off to my knowledge.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
While I anxiously wait for my 1st Splinter to arrive, I thought I’d share an article I found to help other noobs like me...

https://easyorganicweed.com/how-to-...linter-for-the-best-portable-vape-experience/
The method of use that he is describing is simple and works quite well. I know because it's almost exactly the way I do it!
If your draw tends to be long, there comes a point when you need to release the power button (but you can continue to draw) or risk combusting.

vapviking,
Reactions: Mr. Me2

badbee

@RBTcole , do you know if more cooling stems will become available? I would like to pick up a Z to go with my regular Splinter but only if I can get a cooling stem as well. I hesitated last week (or was it the week before) and missed the last stem...

vapviking

Old & In the Way

Mr. Me2

While I wait for my Splinter to arrive, I have some noob questions. And I admit I have zero experience using stems and baskets like those used in the Splinter.

So my questions relate to the best way to load.

I watched Sneaky Pete’s video and saw how he loaded the basket just using it as a scoop. He then lightly tamped it down and inserted the basket into the stem. Then he cut away...

So, is that the consensus best method for filling the basket?

And more importantly (for me), from there, how do you insert the stem into the Splinter? Do you leave the loaded stem pointed up and invert the Splinter or turn the stem over to insert into the Splinter? If you use the 2nd method, should the Splinter already be screwed into the box mod?

Obvious questions, I know. But like I said, I’m a noob...

Mr. Me2,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom