• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued The Splinter by RBT

Status
Not open for further replies.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
if you know one long enough and you go unprodected !
I like your pics and the idea, been trying some wax with mine lately, but I wrap in a piece of a cotton ball. I wonder how you get that liquid pad into your stem. Aren't they too big to fit?

btw, we try not to 'double post'; if you have a post that still has 'edit' option at the bottom (which goes away after a few hours) you can add to it rather than create a new one.

david8613

can you give me your thoughts on splinter vs milaana thinking about purchasing one of these, would like some opinion on it? thanks.

david8613,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
can you give me your thoughts on splinter vs milaana thinking about purchasing one of these, would like some opinion on it? thanks.
I have a Splinter V1+ and have Milaana 3 pre-ordered (those are coming in Dec.).
The main difference is that with a Splinter you have a chance at regulating the heater, through your box mod (even more options if it is a DNA type mod). Milaana is unregulated; one button, either it's on or off. I think combustion is somewhat more likely with a Milaana if you're not paying attention.
The custom Splinters are US made and of higher quality (glass especially) than the V1 or V2's (made in China). Milaana's are also higher quality, with the new M3 being made in China but (I believe) with heavier glass.
I'm sure others here will give you a better one-to-one comparison; I've yet to actually use a Milaana!

Goatbass

DIWhy
So I pushed an Sticky Brick Jr. screen into the neck of the mouthpiece so the bowl size is massive (the herb is weak where I live). Can anyone fill me on what's the best way to use it like this?

Some of the issues I face:

1. Uneven vape or hotspots
  2. Stirring fixes the hotspots but if I stir too often, the screen gets gunked with crumbly bits
    I am pushing the power up to around 60 watts
  3. Is there any way I can get a more fuller hit instead of the airy ones?
  4. Should there be a different TCR settings for this setup?

Goatbass,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I like your pics and the idea, been trying some wax with mine lately, but I wrap in a piece of a cotton ball. I wonder how you get that liquid pad into your stem. Aren't they too big to fit?

btw, we try not to 'double post'; if you have a post that still has 'edit' option at the bottom (which goes away after a few hours) you can add to it rather than create a new one.

I do this too with my custom Z, using FocusV Aero concentrate pad which fits perfectly in RBT male to male WPA. Working great with sugars and sauces, I go as high as 65 watts though bc its a Z

SquanchKava

So I have a V2 in route. I just want a simple but not cheap mod box since I have no clue about mod boxes. So I figured I will just get a P80 and do the wattage mode. I read to be wary of where you buy your mod box batteries from as there are a lot of imitation batteries out there. Would you folks mind sharing a trustworthy US based vendor to purchase the batteries from.
Also is there any other good quality, stout bodied shaped mod boxes similar in shape to the Gen3 that will balance the Splinter on top safely to stand upright on a table.
I did try mod box searches on this thread but that was too vague for the search engine to push out any results. So I would appreciated any more relatively simple to use but with quality mod boxes anyone would care to mention.

SquanchKava,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
So I have a V2 in route. I just want a simple but not cheap mod box since I have no clue about mod boxes. So I figured I will just get a P80 and do the wattage mode. I read to be wary of where you buy your mod box batteries from as there are a lot of imitation batteries out there. Would you folks mind sharing a trustworthy US based vendor to purchase the batteries from.
Also is there any other good quality, stout bodied shaped mod boxes similar in shape to the Gen3 that will balance the Splinter on top safely to stand upright on a table.
I did try mod box searches on this thread but that was too vague for the search engine to push out any results. So I would appreciated any more relatively simple to use but with quality mod boxes anyone would care to mention.

The P80 can stand upright, but I don't recommend it, even for G3D, I think it is risky as it can topple over and break the glass. It is fine and secure, just a bit precarious, so I wouldn't do it for very long. Both of these mods are nice because they allow you to set them down flat on side without the splinter touching the table. Illumn and IMR for batteries

david8613

If I didn't have a stempod I would definitely jump on this.

What settings are you guys running on your box mods with splinter ?

david8613,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Those Blackwood V2's sure are pretty.
Had I not already purchased 2 RBT products this year, surely this would be ordered.
As it is I just allow a little salivation, then look away...

vapviking,
Reactions: seki

soconfg

As someone that has dealt with the horrible customer service from hopper labs I just wanted to thank Ryan for his customer service. After finally giving up on my hopper I went searching for a replacement and because of this board, I found the sale he was running. Of course right after I purchased PIU started running their sale for even cheaper. I contacted them through their IG page and to my surprise I had a response in less than an hour. He was very quick to make it right and send back some of the funds via PayPal. I was nervous after reading the comments, but it looks like he now has help, so thanks Cole and Ryan!

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
Anyone know where you can get a great deal on a V1 with two of the new tapered mouthpieces ;)

Please subscribe to the news letter on the www for the latest news and deals! Below is a copy of the latest that was sent out....

Just a quick note to say thanks to all for the Mi3 pre-orders... we have passed the 100 unit mark so the first free mouthpiece and screen set has been reached! Every 100 units everyone will get another different Free MP and screen set all the way to 500 units. If 500 units is reached then RBT will be giving away a Free week long stay at a Condo (link below) so please spread the word on the pre-order.
https://www.planwithtan.com/

This weeks sale is 20% off on a Splinter V1 with two of the new tapered mouthpiece for Free as well as 25% off on a two-pack of the new tapered MPs.

FYI - Instagram has reinstated the @RastaBuddhaTao so that is now the official IG of RBT... Lots of fun contest and give-away's going on as well as the latest news.
https://www.instagram.com/rastabuddhatao/?hl=en

Big things on they way with support being added in warranty and repair with Alyson from https://www.kgwoodcrafts.com/ as well as help in the CS area with Cole@rastabuddhatao.com. Looking forward to serving you all better in the months ahead.

Rock on,
ryan

seki

I've been avoiding these 510 attachments for a variety of reasons, but couldn't help but jump on one with all of the deals that have been available lately. Given that I'm diving in, I've been thinking about them and the way they work as I'm waiting on mine to be delivered.

I'm not sure if this has been covered, but does anyone know if it would be possible to use a Splinter heater in a Milaana? For example, if my Milaana were somehow damaged, is it possible to transplant the heater from the Splinter into it or vice-versa? Does this also apply to the Splinter Z and the Zion? I'm curious to know if they're exactly the same or if there were any modifications made to them as a result of the change. Similarly, can the glass be transplanted as well? I was thinking if I didn't like the Splinter or the Z, it'd at least be worth it to keep them around for spare parts.

On the other hand, if I do end up enjoying them, I can see myself going down a rabbit hole that I probably shouldn't, and can easily see myself ending up with 6-10 of these things if not many more. To that end, has anyone considered making or using a spice-rack to store these attachments?

I think something like this could work as is:
spice2.jpg

Or something like either of these:
spice3.jpg
spice4.jpg

For those with several, what do you do for storage?

seki,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom