Discontinued The Splinter by RBT

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCat

Accessory Maker
I thought the size differences were bigger between the Z and the V2 ... but on the PV site it says the V2 is 60mm and the Z is 70mm ... this is a measly ~ 3/8" difference in height! :lol:

Can anybody confirm the height of the V2? Is it ~60mm? I confirmed the Z is ~70mm ...

HerbieVonVapster

Just quick question are the newer splinter V1 V2 running at same temperature as the older 19/22 models? updating FCSHARE but don't have a v2. Wondering what material files others folks have used.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Just quick question are the newer splinter V1 V2 running at same temperature as the older 19/22 models? updating FCSHARE but don't have a v2. Wondering what material files others folks have used.

I used your Z profile with my V2 and it worked quite well, the regular Splinter profile kept shooting up to the thousands for some reason so seemed wonky

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: JCat

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Just got an hcigar vt75D havent hooked it up to the conputer or loaded anything on it yet.

there are two SS coil options how it comes out the box SS316 or SS430 does it matter which one you use? Is that something you dont have to worry about when you load new the FC profiles or whatever

Mynameismud,

started@52

So the splinter z is better than splinter v2 correct. I want massive hits haha
I have had both and I think the V1 is just as good in wattage mode and way better in Replay mode when paired with a dnaC mod then my Z was. Of course I could have had a mod setting off when I had the Z.

Ok will look into it the splinter file ty for letting me know.
Your splinter file works awesome with my V1! Thanks again!

Last edited by a moderator:

HerbieVonVapster

Just got an hcigar vt75D havent hooked it up to the conputer or loaded anything on it yet.

there are two SS coil options how it comes out the box SS316 or SS430 does it matter which one you use? Is that something you dont have to worry about when you load new the FC profiles or whatever

SS316 I don't have a premade download for the 2 battery DNA75c. I tossed one together for you.

Open escribe and load this as a file

Hcigar75c.ecig

The profile come with correct material and get you going. But doesn't change theme or other settings. Once you hook it up to escribe will backup the original software.

Yes use the international version with 75c

November 27, 2018
EScribe Suite 2.0 SP19

For international customers (Windows): https://downloads.evolvapor.com/SetupEScribe2_SP19_INT_ServicePack.exe
For international customers (Mac): https://downloads.evolvapor.com/SetupEScribe2_SP19_INT.pkg
For customers using Linux, see the beta thread.

Last edited:

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
SS316 I don't have a premade download for the 2 battery DNA75c. I can toss one together for you. Are you just using the splinter or other 510 devices with it?

The profile come with correct material and get you going. But doesn't change theme or other settings. Once you hook it up to escribe will backup the original software.

Yes use the international version with 75c

November 27, 2018
EScribe Suite 2.0 SP19

For international customers (Windows): https://downloads.evolvapor.com/SetupEScribe2_SP19_INT_ServicePack.exe
For international customers (Mac): https://downloads.evolvapor.com/SetupEScribe2_SP19_INT.pkg
For customers using Linux, see the beta thread.
Yes just using it for the splinter

Help i am so lost with this new mod lol... So i downloaded the Lost vape mirage Splinter Z profile for my HCigar VT75D there were three mods i wasnt sure what to pick but that one said good for dna75c i believe.

So now on my mod I picked the splinterZ profile and there is just a box for watts and an empty box below it and no temperature setting is that how its supposed to be and what wattage should it be set to because when i unplug from computer and pick splinterZ it says 55 watts?

EDIT: Tried Downloading the Hcigar link it downloaded but it doesnt show up when i hit load profile i only see the splinter and splinter z profiles i also downloaded for the mirage

Do i change any of the settings or just leave it because when i loaded the splinter settings it has the wats at 50 and preheat at 1 watt and the splinter z setting was at 55 watts and preheat at 65 watts is that correct? really confused also what is replay?

thanks for the help

Last edited:
Mynameismud,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
EDIT: Tried Downloading the Hcigar link it downloaded but it doesnt show up when i hit load profile i only see the splinter and splinter z profiles i also downloaded for the mirage

Oh hey guys! The Theme and the Profile are different kinds of files so you need to update the theme with the appropriate button in Escribe. It'll appear grayed out when you click the load profiles button.

@HerbieVonVapster I'd be down to try anything you put together on my VT75D, which along with a happily configured (thanks to you, I believe) Paranormal drives my V1 and Z these days. You're the best.

bossman,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
edit: So i think i figured it out. I went to file: Open: And clicked the hcigar file in escribe and it seemed to load the profile. The settings it had loaded in profile 1 are
Power:50 watts
Temp 400F
Preheat: 60 watts
punch: 5

Finally getting vapor after a few frustrating hours.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

edit: So i think i figured it out. I went to file: Open: And clicked the hcigar file in escribe and it seemed to load the profile. The settings it had loaded in profile 1 are
Power:50 watts
Temp 400F
Preheat: 60 watts
punch: 5

Finally getting vapor after a few frustrating hours.

There should be a way to select the profile for the Splinter, then you can set whatever temps you like

Shit Snacks,

sickmanfraud

@Mynameismud just made me realize that perhaps the scorching I am experiencing is due to higher punch values.

For those with DNA mods what punch setting are you using for the various Splinter (and other 510 devices) configurations?

sickmanfraud,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
There should be a way to select the profile for the Splinter, then you can set whatever temps you like

It works a lot better in watts mode with the new mod ive tried a few bowls and def getting more even heating and less of a hot spot without stirring...

but I Cant get any good vapor in temp mode. I loaded the Hcigar.ecig file and have it set to the splinter with the 19/19 stem. Last night I kept those stock settings for the splinter profile and was getting amazing flavor and some vapor. I think i had a lot of residual heat from using in watts mode though.

I came back to try this morning with a fresh bowl and I cant get any vapor. Ive turned the power up to 55 watts and 400F and have the preheat at 65 watts. The punch somehow got changed to temperature in preheat which was 450 degrees. At those settings i was getting some vapor production but I would have to hold the button for 20 seconds without inhaling then press the button again for 5 seconds or so and start inhaling while continuing to press the button for the full 20 seconds the second press.

Do i change the preheat drop down back to punch or keep it in temperature?

What settings are people getting good results with?

Do i mess with the TCR value? In escribe if i go to materials hit action and click TCR approximation it says 0.006

Im lost lol

EDIT: Not sure what happened, but now all i get whenever i press the button is temp protect. I tried reloading the Hcigar file and use the stock settings but still just says temp protect whenever i press button and no heat

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

It works a lot better in watts mode with the new mod ive tried a few bowls and def getting more even heating and less of a hot spot without stirring...

but I Cant get any good vapor in temp mode. I loaded the Hcigar.ecig file and have it set to the splinter with the 19/19 stem. Last night I kept those stock settings for the splinter profile and was getting amazing flavor and some vapor. I think i had a lot of residual heat from using in watts mode though.

I came back to try this morning with a fresh bowl and I cant get any vapor. Ive turned the power up to 55 watts and 400F and have the preheat at 65 watts. The punch somehow got changed to temperature in preheat which was 450 degrees. At those settings i was getting some vapor production but I would have to hold the button for 20 seconds without inhaling then press the button again for 5 seconds or so and start inhaling while continuing to press the button for the full 20 seconds the second press.

Do i change the preheat drop down back to punch or keep it in temperature?

What settings are people getting good results with?

Do i mess with the TCR value? In escribe if i go to materials hit action and click TCR approximation it says 0.006

Im lost lol

EDIT: Not sure what happened, but now all i get whenever i press the button is temp protect. I tried reloading the Hcigar file and use the stock settings but still just says temp protect whenever i press button and no heat

Sounds like you'll need the manual, I have a DNA250 so I needed the manual for all of my configuration on the mod with its limited screen. Because for me all I needed to do was load up the SplinterZ profile with my V2 after locking my cold resistance to get simple working temp control on my bronze Reuleaux mod... I don't mess with punch or preheat or any of that other stuff, just max wattage.

Shit Snacks,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Sounds like you'll need the manual, I have a DNA250 so I needed the manual for all of my configuration on the mod with its limited screen. Because for me all I needed to do was load up the SplinterZ profile with my V2 after locking my cold resistance to get simple working temp control on my bronze Reuleaux mod... I don't mess with punch or preheat or any of that other stuff, just max wattage.
Thanks. The manual that came with it has no useful info.

Ive reset it, Reloaded the SP 33 international service pack. Installed franks theme and the SplinterDNAC. ecig profile. The temp protect error has stopped. It was running a little too hot with the punch/preheat
So i have turned that off Now im just using it at 35 W and 350F seems to be working much better now hopefully it stays that way

Last edited:

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Thanks. The manual that came with it has no useful info.

Ive reset it, Reloaded the SP 33 international service pack. Installed franks theme and the SplinterDNAC. ecig profile. The temp protect error has stopped. It was running a little too hot with the punch/preheat
So i have turned that off Now im just using it at 35 W and 350F seems to be working much better now hopefully it stays that way

Glad you're sorted out. Once I have a Splinter hitting properly on a DNA with one of Herbie's profiles I generally only bump the resistance or max wattage a bit if I feel like it isn't hitting the way I like at various temps. 350° is lower than I've run my DNAc mods with good results but that's about where I'd start with my bronze wismec dna250.

HerbieVonVapster

Sorry @mynaneismud about not sure what went wrong. Did the other settings transfer i.e. 20 second puff time. I only put 3 profiles on there but included the 3-4 316 material files. Did they copy over?

HerbieVonVapster,
Reactions: JCat

eideal852

allo! question, but from the pleb non dna crew: cruising last night at 15w kept getting "device too hot" and jumping out. thoughts? running tubo fw...

eideal852,

Hippie

Seen before

Fist thing I do after flashing is turn the brightness down to preserve battery life and stop the screen overheating.
Been reading reports of G43 owners having to turn the brightness down to cruise, which surprised me given the G43 is on a wire.

You shouldn't need a heatsink with the Splinter. I found it a must with the Stempod and some of my homemade efforts tho.

I like to change the display parameters so it shows the mod temp onscreen so I can keep an eye on the rising temp through a session (Edit mode > left click to choose the parameter to change > right click to cycle thro the choices > fire to exit)
My waitlister and V1 Splinters, without heatsinks, rarely get over 55 degrees C

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Sorry @mynaneismud about not sure what went wrong. Did the other settings transfer i.e. 20 second puff time. I only put 3 profiles on there but included the 3-4 316 material files. Did they copy over?
yeah they copied over not sure whats going on because after i got it working earlier just using the splinterdnac.ecigprofile from those links it was working fine. I left it to charge because i was messing around with it all day and I just came back to use it after a few hours and im just getting a Temp Protect Error from a cold start again and it was working fine earlier when i put it on the charger

Mynameismud,

HerbieVonVapster

yeah they copied over not sure whats going on because after i got it working earlier just using the splinterdnac.ecigprofile from those links it was working fine. I left it to charge because i was messing around with it all day and I just came back to use it after a few hours and im just getting a Temp Protect Error from a cold start again and it was working fine earlier when i put it on the charger

Check to make sue ohms are unlocked.. If asks for new core use old core settings instead.

HerbieVonVapster,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Check to make sue ohms are unlocked.. If asks for new core use old core settings instead.
Thanks, for all your help. seems to be working now. i think i may have changed the core settings switching profiles

Really loving the splinter now! the flavor is insane and im getting much more even heat in temp mode. still getting a hot spot every now and then but not as bad as it was.

Im a little confused about replay though. do you still need to hold the power button when using replay? because i take a good hit it says saved i click that and it says playing but i dont get an vapor after i release the button

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I like to change the display parameters so it shows the mod temp onscreen so I can keep an eye on the rising temp through a session (Edit mode > left click to choose the parameter to change > right click to cycle thro the choices > fire to exit)
I'd like to make this change on my Paranormal in place of the amps or voltage on the main screen but I haven't managed to do it following your instructions.

I also evidently still have a ten second max puff timer on the Paranormal that I can't manually raise in the settings despite using the Herbie ecigprofiles for the Splinter and Z. It's 20 seconds on the hcigar VT75D

Im a little confused about replay though. do you still need to hold the power button when using replay?
I hold the button down but then I literally only started using replay yesterday so I know almost nothing about it.

Last edited:
bossman,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom