Discontinued The Splinter by RBT

Status
Not open for further replies.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure

Shit, that's just what I have open on my windows machine right now and it's not working. It just displayed a pop-up saying "Please confirm the hardware version!!"

I wonder if having installed Arctic Fox shits on my ability to flash myevic on this mod. I recall someone mentioning that, although I did put the stock firmware back first and the updater worked for that, which leads me to believe it's not the exe or the usb cable that's the problem.

Thanks for the quick reply though!

Grifo

Shit, that's just what I have open on my windows machine right now and it's not working. It just displayed a pop-up saying "Please confirm the hardware version!!"

I wonder if having installed Arctic Fox shits on my ability to flash myevic on this mod. I recall someone mentioning that, although I did put the stock firmware back first and the updater worked for that, which leads me to believe it's not the exe or the usb cable that's the problem.

Thanks for the quick reply though!
I updated from artic fox with out going back to stock

Grifo,
Reactions: Summer

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I updated from artic fox with out going back to stock
Well fuck me: AF goes back on there no trouble but the error from the wismec Update Firmware 1.00.exe is the same and still no joy with the myevic.bin.

Thanks again for the extra details and sorry for pestering ya!

Update: just tried the osx version of the wismec updater and got the same pop-up.

Last edited:
bossman,

Hippie

Grifo

Well fuck me: AF goes back on there no trouble but the error from the wismec Update Firmware 1.00.exe is the same and still no joy with the myevic.bin.

Thanks again for the extra details and sorry for pestering ya!
Dang that sucks i wish i could help but im new to this too. I thought i was going to have a hard time also but it worked smoothly the first time.

I think I picked up an older version of NFE Tools for updating and monitoring from here
https://nfeteam.org/forum/forums/nfe-tools-releases/
The one I'm using says it's version 17.06.10.0007

This is the bin file Microsur links to in his thread
https://github.com/MicroSur/sur_myevic/raw/master/bin/myevic.bin

I've flashed back n forth between firmwares a few times so that shouldn't be a problem
i cant seem to find that version of nfe.

Last edited by a moderator:

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I think I picked up an older version of NFE Tools for updating and monitoring from here
https://nfeteam.org/forum/forums/nfe-tools-releases/
The one I'm using says it's version 17.06.10.0007

This is the bin file Microsur links to in his thread
https://github.com/MicroSur/sur_myevic/raw/master/bin/myevic.bin

I've flashed back n forth between firmwares a few times so that shouldn't be a problem

Thanks man! Still no luck after trying the firmware updater on two older releases of NFE.

Update: Success! Oddly the thing that worked was to use the myevic.bin from Hippie's link even though it appears to be the same bin I'd already downloaded from github. Whatever works though and thanks again to Hippie and Grifo for the tech support!

Last edited:

entirely_foreign

Cool, which myevic bin file should I download for my RX Gen3 Dual? Is it myevic.bin from 2017 on github or the Tubo one from Lamart or something else?

Looks like I also need to be pointed to a firmware updater too. The wismec updater let me install the original wismec firmware again (overwriting Arctic Fox, which I'm prepared to ditch for now) but it won't flash the rxg3d with the myevic.bin or the Tubo bin file.

Tubo/FJ/lamart firmware is not compatible with rx gen3.

EDIT: whoops just saw all the recent responses, my b

VelocityREST

I was waiting till this payday this week to purchase the v1. I decided to wait till northvape (sneaky pete in Canada) get the cooling glass

Anyone here uses his splinter/Z as a portable device?

You will still be fine with the V1 and can compensate for the Z with your mod. I haven't been using my log since getting my splinters, and the junior cooling mouthpiece is great for smooth hits

I can't see myself not using the enano tbh :) I just like the device and wish it was my 1st vaporizer. But saying this makes more hyped to get it! You seem to have experienced many vaporizers, and being high on that list says a lot.

Final note, did you guys see this on IG?
IUnXtGF.png

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I can't see myself not using the enano tbh :) I just like the device and wish it was my 1st vaporizer. But saying this makes more hyped to get it! You seem to have experienced many vaporizers, and being high on that list says a lot.

Final note, did you guys see this on IG?
IUnXtGF.png

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/sliver-by-rastabuddahtao.26106/

Haha yeah if I had RBT gear from the get go it would have saved me a lot of money! But it is still hard to sell my other collectible vapes even when I barely use them now...

buckhakeesah

ok, I have seen the light with the TCR sur myevic on the gen3 dual with rbt splinter. I've been riding wattage since I got this thing and prefer TCR mode now that I got it hooked up. Less concentrated hot spot and now am getting abv results similar to sneakypete. Thank you all!

eideal852

ok, I have seen the light with the TCR sur myevic on the gen3 dual with rbt splinter. I've been riding wattage since I got this thing and prefer TCR mode now that I got it hooked up. Less concentrated hot spot and now am getting abv results similar to sneakypete. Thank you all!
yeah me too. I cant seem to find cruise (is it CALLED cruise?!) but even just TCR is the biz, agreed on your and others results... and I need to extend fire still...

Grifo

yeah me too. I cant seem to find cruise (is it CALLED cruise?!) but even just TCR is the biz, agreed on your and others results... and I need to extend fire still...
its called auto fire on myevic, the terminology gets confusing when you are trying to search the instructions. Then you need to set the time to infinite.

Hippie

I though we did that on Friday :)

In sur_myevic they call it autofire
To use Autofire you need to enable Autofi in the vaping menu and set a value for ATime
and activate it with a long press of the fire button

Please be careful if you choose to use the infinity setting

To increase the Max puff time - increase the value for Prot in the vaping menu (same page as above) :science:

Hippie,
Reactions: Summer

VelocityREST

Please avoid using IMGUR. They blacklist us and their images are broken here. Any other hoster works fine.

Thank you guys, I always wondered why the images aren't showing on mobile.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/sliver-by-rastabuddahtao.26106/

Haha yeah if I had RBT gear from the get go it would have saved me a lot of money! But it is still hard to sell my other collectible vapes even when I barely use them now...
I love my gadgets ("boys with toys" is 100% correct, but people here try to sound smart so they use terms like VAS :D ), but I don't obsess over them. If I find better solution I'll switch to it.

Anyhow I might need to defer owning it to the next month. sucks but not that much tbh. It's part of the game.

EDIT:
Question for everyone who has both the splinter & Z, does each of them have its use cases so to speak. Meaning if you owned the Z, would you still get v2? or vise versa.

Summer

Long Island, NY
Question for everyone who has both the splinter & Z, does each of them have its use cases so to speak. Meaning if you owned the Z, would you still get v2? or vise versa.

I have both. If I had the gotten the Z 1st, I wouldn't have needed the Splinter. For me, the Z is the creme de la creme. If anything happens to my Z, I would get another one straightaway. That's how much I love it.

VelocityREST

I have both. If I had the gotten the Z 1st, I wouldn't have needed the Splinter. For me, the Z is the creme de la creme. If anything happens to my Z, I would get another one straightaway. That's how much I love it.

I have this exact fear tbh, though the splinter would have its place, kinda .. aahmm

Do / would you use it outside the house?

VelocityREST,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

little maggie

I didn't realize that the new splinters were not the same as the Z or I would have skipped it. The z was about perfect.

VelocityREST

They are different, but I don't feel the same way. I think my SplinterV2 is great, and yes more compact than my lovely Z. @VelocityREST If you have never tried an RBT vape, I think you may be surprised it could get better after using just Splinter...
I'm getting real itches, but gotta wait. I'm already on the hype train. but your posts raise the bar a little bit every time :)
I had the same feeling after I tried the sticky bricks, looking forward to try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom