Discontinued The Splinter by RBT

Status
Not open for further replies.

HerbieVonVapster

Has anyone ever gotten an “OFF” warning when firing the splinter using TC on a DNA device? I get that periodically and it’s driving me nuts, when this happens I have to switch VW which is fine but I just want to know what the warning means :doh:

If you open theme designer look under the language tab see if it list what command off is for.

HerbieVonVapster

I did update the DNAc files for splinter Z could try the newest one. Still not 100% sure what the off is about.

Sounds sorta like the throttling issue I see in the 250c line. Instead of throttling the wattage when it hits set temperatures it cuts off wattage. Annoying as fuck cause it's very random.

Some themes trigger it more than others. My best advice is keep replay active but not use it. With replay running waiting for a saved puff it throttles correct.

I image as they update the 250c line they will fix this since doesn't crop up in the 75c line.

analytika

Just FYI I got a msg from Ryan regarding my question on exotics and amount of air intakes.
I told him that I'm not doing HUGE rips natively.

"Yes, I would recommend 2 holes for your usage pattern. The 2 is the most practical for most situations as the 4 really shines with really big rips that you need big airflow to be able to keep up with the heater at higher wattage.

What is listed on the site is all the exotics that were made from a test run. Moving forward runs will be limited to 3-4 woods that are good to work with. The first run we did a large number of woods and many are hard to work with and will not be continued... so what is on the www is the most exotic we will have"

It's a pitty. I'm not very excited about the current exotics. Grains and colours are a bit boring, purple heart too...mmh...red for my liking? Guess I'll go with wenge....
Just the other day Ryan was casting on Instagram about macro draw microdosing (or something) on a 4 hole splinter, where you use a microdose of material, higher wattage, and accelerate your inhalation to quickly extract without combustion. Something I've been advocating a long time. Works great on the milaana, not so well in the flow restricted milaana 2 or standard 2 hole splinter. I'm new to the splinter Z 4 hole, traveling without it. But hoping can go back to this pattern with various quantities of material.

HerbieVonVapster

Off pretty much means it has stopped reading the temp and is switched into wattage mode.
While watching this happen on the device monitor, the temp reading goes from a temp, to a ? mark. And this is in DNA 75, not DNA 75C.

Yep your correct I haven't seen that on the dna250c but now thinking back do remember getting it on the DNA250.
What material file are you using? The mods and case thermal are they correct settings? My money be on the material file if above is correctly set. I added a bunch of 316L material files into FCSHARE might want try another one out.

With @almost there not sure since using same mods why your seeing off and i'm not. If you could download the newest version and let me know if it continues.

With the splinter being stainless steel and mica it does cause some issues with TC mode. Doesn't help that we really don't know what grade of steel in used. I thought at first was either 316 or 316L. After use felt the stock 316 was too weak of a hit and ploted out the splinter material file.

After having more time and comparing graphs the one I plotted is closer to SS304. I emailed Ryan couple times asking for this info so far hasn't responded. If anyone has this info be great if they could share it.

analytika

HerbieVonVapster

Guess I need get with the times and watch some of the instagram video. Miss out of useful info from both Ryan and Dan.

Thankful we have people posting here sharing the highlights.

ust the other day Ryan was casting on Instagram about macro draw microdosing (or something) on a 4 hole splinter, where you use a microdose of material, higher wattage, and accelerate your inhalation to quickly extract without combustion. Something I've been advocating a long time.

Haven't micro dosed with the splinter. Going have to give it a try on the 4 hole Z. Is RBT also offering the splinter in a 4 hole model?

kuzko

I hope they're wrapping up the Free Willie campaign. At a time with unsold inventory and an abundance of new owners ready to tell their stories, it was a distraction that seemed to suck up all the oxygen about @RastaBuddhaTao products on social media.

Now i read the store is going offline?

Yep, store is temporarily offline while they catch up on orders. Should be good news for anyone waiting for their order to be fulfilled.

Summer

Long Island, NY
@analytika, RBT is a company that started as a niche market here on FC, & I think the intimacy between Ryan & his customer base is an attribute. Sharing his interests & passions only enhances this connection. As can be seen from his 8/13 subscription email & in his IG streams, he's been doing business-wise what he needs to do to sell & grow, so, no, I don't think this has been in any way a distraction. Besides, like all of us, he's a human being who has a life outside of working.

Yep, store is temporarily offline while they catch up on orders.

He is not only gonna be doing orders, he's going to be working with Stephanie on handing over CS to her, & getting the website in shape. And I just read a post of his somewhere (IG?) where he said it's gonna take 4 - 6 weeks to fulfill current retail orders, & assumably website inventory. He's gonna be a busy beaver for quite awhile to come.

Last edited:

analytika

@analytica ... Sharing his interests & passions only enhances this connection.

It's @analytika

Free Willie was a widely derided and hamfisted social media marketing campaign to "give Willie Nelson a free milaana!" that grew to about 50 postings, encouraged people to spam social media accounts of loosely related contacts, and drowned out reviews and genuine enthusiasm just as new products landed. A case study in what NOT to do. Went on almost two weeks doubling down every day. Followed by ... shutting down the store still stocked with unsold inventory.

Let's hope the Free Willie campaign is dead and buried, finally, an embarrassment best forgotten.

Last edited:
analytika,

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
She got the important part of your name right. ;) Lighten up, Francis. Ffs.

My Splinter in it's new happy place.
Perched on an Evic mini with an @mistvaporizer Bocate mod box cover. :luv:

10pahyt.jpg

Summer

Long Island, NY
Well, @analytika ( corrected), I do see your point, but, for me, I still think it's as easy to look at it as not being a negative as to view it as an actual negative. Mind you, I'm not saying it's a positive. Ryan was being himself & that's how he choose to post. It is what is.

And, as far as the #rbtwillie comments, I only saw 1 comment made in different users posts. So no spamming & no harm done. And many of us sent 1 email to 1 - 3 of WN's known official emails. I sent 1 email to just 1 email addy on Sat. & actually got a form letter reply the other day.

What we can agree on is that, what's done is done & can't be undone. So no point in looking back. :nod:

Read the 2nd quote in my signature. ;)

:peace:

Edited to add: @SloJimFizz, the wood on that enclosure is beautiful.

Last edited:

newjack88

I just got this vape and I am trying to figure out how to use it. I put it on NI Mode 380F 35w ohms .23 and its burning.

I bought a joytech evic vtwo just so I can put the tubo evic firmware on it so it can smoke better.

How does everyone else smoke on this thing?

kuzko

I just got this vape and I am trying to figure out how to use it. I put it on NI Mode 380F 35w ohms .23 and its burning.

I bought a joytech evic vtwo just so I can put the tubo evic firmware on it so it can smoke better.

You could try lowering the temperature or wattage. One of my Splinters I run as low as 23W.

But you should experiment with just regular wattage mode if you are having trouble with TC.

Vapesenson

Hey there!

I recently got my splinter, the cooling mouthpiece and the 14mm water pipe adapter.

I love the splinter with the cmp, but with the wpa I cannot get any vapor.

I can draw slowly, I can draw fast, I can vape at 30 or 38 watts, there is no vapor production and at some point it just starts to combust. (This happened one time and since then I did not use the wpa anymore.)
A friend of mine got his one on the same day, same setup with different box mod but the same issues.

Are there any tricks I don’t know regarding the usage of the WPA with the splinter? Anyone facing the same issue?

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member

Nickel is the wrong material I believe. SS 316 should get better results. But if you have the Tubo option on your FJ software version, that's what I use.
Find your Splinters cold ohm setting, mine is .23, yours could be different. Lock it in the Tubo slot in the Manage Coils screen. In the Tubo Set screen, set M1 to 150. In the main screen, select the Tubo setting, set the watts to 40, pick a starting temp, and away you go. Hopefully. Ymmv and all that. :D

Last edited:

HerbieVonVapster

Nickel is the wrong material I believe. SS 316 should get better results. But if you have the Tubo option on your FJ software version, that's what I use.

Totally agree the heater is Stainless Steel and using wrong material will make it run either too hot or too cold.

I thought the stainless steel in splinter was 316/316L but also now thinking it could be 304 since that does track much closer to the custom splinter profile I made.

Not sure why the secret nature of what metal is used? I can't seem to find anyone who knows for sure. Be helpful for temperature control to know the resistance of material. If any could msg back that knows this info it be mucho appreciated.

almost there

Hey there!

I recently got my splinter, the cooling mouthpiece and the 14mm water pipe adapter.

I love the splinter with the cmp, but with the wpa I cannot get any vapor.

I can draw slowly, I can draw fast, I can vape at 30 or 38 watts, there is no vapor production and at some point it just starts to combust. (This happened one time and since then I did not use the wpa anymore.)
A friend of mine got his one on the same day, same setup with different box mod but the same issues.

Are there any tricks I don’t know regarding the usage of the WPA with the splinter? Anyone facing the same issue?
hey friend, welcome to FC. Is your Splinter a production unit with the triangles on the 510? If it is then your unit will only take the 19/19 joints, don't know of many vendors that has 19/19 wpa's. Is the wpa making a seal with the splinter joint when inserted? I'm guessing the wpa is leaving a gap because it's working fine with the stem mp

Last edited:

Vapesenson

hey friend, welcome to FC. Is your Splinter a production unit with the triangles on the 510? If it is then your unit will only take the 19/19 joints, don't know of many vendors that has 19/19 wpa's. Is the wpa making a seal with the splinter joint when inserted? I'm guessing the wpa is leaving a gap because it's working fine with the stem mp

Hey there!
It is, but I bought the correct adapter especially for the splinter directly from vapefiend. It seals perfectly.

Vapesenson,
Reactions: Summer

almost there

@Vapesenson that sounds so weird:hmm:, is your material browning in the WPA even though there's no vapor? Doesn't sound like it's a splinter issue if it's working with the stem, have you tried using the wpa as a stem to see if you get vapor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom